• 110 results
Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Twiggy199

Picking up a collectible that has a voice over that brings up a menu, the character starts to talk, you exit out of the menu and the fucking voice stops!. Damn you Tomb Raider!, I would like to continue raiding tombs whilst listening to your mini podcast about how this man got trapped in a tomb whilst raiding it!.

Also unpausable cutscenes, being a dad now I see why this is important, the piss or shit from the kid doesn't stop when I need it to, nor does choking or just generally trying to kill himself in some elaborate way.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Ezekiel
@twiggy199 said:

Picking up a collectible that has a voice over that brings up a menu, the character starts to talk, you exit out of the menu and the fucking voice stops!. Damn you Tomb Raider!, I would like to continue raiding tombs whilst listening to your mini podcast about how this man got trapped in a tomb whilst raiding it!.

I kind of agree. But I skipped all the audio logs and journals in Rise of the Tomb Raider. There's so much of it and it's so random and conveniently placed, it's absurd. As if the whole world is writing to YOU. I'm replaying The Evil Within, which I think does it much better. There are fewer documents and they're generally of more importance to the story. They're also shorter. It helps the atmosphere to not have these items placed everywhere and to not over-explain the story or world.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: oh yeah and also I wish there were less audio logs or collectibles, I played The last of us going into literally ever corner of the game sometimes double or triple checking that I hadn't missed anything, it took me right out of the game, if you have something you need me to see, don't hide it in the most ridiculous hidden spot possible!.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a bunch of personal pet peeves others have already listed so there's only a few I can add that I didn't see.

Character movement and when the character takes an extra step or two after you've released the thumb stick. The Witcher 3 and FFXV. I didn't think FFXV was too bad until I did the Pitioss Ruins dungeon. That's always nerve wrecking. More recently, and this isn't really the game's fault, but Zelda keeps walking after I've let off the thumb stick. It took a few calibrations to get that fixed.

I'm not a big fan of when the camera can switch from right to left. I didn't get use to it on Horizon until I was deeper into that game and I feel like there should be an option in the menus to turn that off on Uncharted.

That's all I can think of.

JuicyJuice1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not being able to customize controls, especially consoles. The worst was when I played Silent Hill: Homecoming. Apparently invert just doesn't exist...

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Racist YouTubers.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Not being able to walk.

Forced Run is the most disgusting design decision I can think of.

Some exceptions apply.

komplexkarbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanticitizen: What do you mean? Are these types of people common video game characters?

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Now that you mention it, I hate voice over collectibles in open world games, were you start playing the audio, but some random NPC conversation starts near you and overwrites the audio/subtitles.

Briony88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Briony88

I'm with you all on this one...unskippable cut scenes. Eeek.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By meteora3255

For loot games give me a comparison to my current gear and a quick equip option when I pick it up instead of making me pick up loot and then go back into the menus to equip.

Also allow me the option to manually save. I hate having to keep playing just to see a save icon; it's a game that doesn't value my time. At the very least when a game pops up an "all progress since the last save will be lost" message at least tell me how long ago the last save was.

@jtb123: I imagine it comes from the tightly built tutorials. If they let you customize controls they have to then make sure that every possible button prompt is there and then test to make sure they appear as they should.