Which game has the worst hardcore fans ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

umm....

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Daroki

My god, where's Farmville?

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

From that list, definitely FFVII, because that game is nowhere near as good as people think it is. However, I think among the front runners are Metal Gear fans. Also, Earthbound/Mother. But Metal Gear fans are pretty rabid.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mariek430

you missed Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, anything DOTA like, Farmville, and Street Fighter

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

OMFG you wrote Final Fantasy 7 instead of Final Fantasy VII!!!1  Your ignorance rapes my soul! DX

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By LiquidSwords

Halo and sports related d-bags

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ZanzibarBreeze:
Oh dear you just raped my childhood, may I ask before saying anything, how old are you?
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

How are COD and Halo not in this poll?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Bones8677

Mario is the only right answer.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

" @ZanzibarBreeze: Oh dear you just raped my childhood, may I ask before saying anything, how old are you? "

Allow me to refer you to this very informative podcast in which Final Fantasy VII is accurately debunked by Scott Sharkey, Chris Kohler, and Jeremy Parish. (Shane Bettenhausen tries to defend the squealing infant that is FFVII, but he soon becomes a fish out of water, a turtle on its back, et cetera.) Retronauts, care of 1UP.com, back when Retronauts was real good. The FFVII talk starts about halfway in. (I assume you mean Final Fantasy VII, and not Metal Gear or Earthbound.)
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZanzibarBreeze:
I definitely agree about Final Fantasy VII and it's fans.  

But I would say the absolute worst are Fallout fans. Meaning people who played Fallout games before Fallout 3. Oh my fucking god...I've never seen such a group of subhuman douchebags in my life.
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Left 4 Dead versus community is probably the worst group of degenerates this side of Mos Eisley

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@Soapy86 said:
" But I would say the absolute worst are Fallout fans. Meaning people who played Fallout games before Fallout 3. Oh my fucking god...I've never seen such a group of subhuman douchebags in my life. "
Do you mean people who hate Fallout 3 because they think it ruined everything?

If so, then I think you've hit upon something there -- I think they are the absolute worst.
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By august

Gotta go with Sonic because: furries.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArcLyte

halo fans make me want to break my controller in half with my mind and then eat the two halves.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mazik765

Of the list Final Fantasy VII, and pretty much most hardcore Final Fantasy fans. I don't know what game they are playing but even in it's day it was a good game. Not a great game, just a good game. And nothing in the games has really developed much since then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZanzibarBreeze: Yep. You know what I'm talking about.  
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ZanzibarBreeze:
People hate great things, and I meant Metal Gear solid as well. I'm not gonna start a huge thing as I prefer FFIX to VII, but to say FFVII is a poor game, or undeserving of it's acclaim seems like a very silly and immature thing to say. I grew up with it, it embarked my childhood and RPG love, I know type this 20 years of age, and can say with great assurity that FFVII is a great game, with a great and well told storyline. Also, MGS is one of the greatest series in gaming.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ZanzibarBreeze:
Also may I claim ignorance and ask who are those people you mentioned above?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Claude

Tiger Woods baby, all the way. Epic win on the Wii for like the last three years. Yeah, epic. Hardcore.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@mazik765:
Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII, and IX are all memorable classics that rival the story telling of great books. I'm a fan of literature and I greatly appreciate the efforts put into these timeless masterpieces. Also Final Fantasy was created with the idea in mind not creat an action game, but to create an interactive story.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Sonic fanboys are the worst.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mutha3

I'm having a hard time choosing between Zelda and Sonic fans. Two very different types of crazy, though!

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jim_dandy
@Soapy86:  I know what you mean. I was in the boat that Fallout 3 haters are dumb (*cough* No Mutants Allowed *cough*) , and should've been mocked at every turn

But after I beat Fallout 3 and its DLC, I went and finished Fallout 1 (working on finishing 2) and I can kinda see where they're coming from, while not agreeing with them.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ZanzibarBreeze:
They seem to be complaining more of the sequels, which I won't get into.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CL60

Modern Warfare for sure.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaLieNxGrEyx: In principle I agree with you, most Final Fantasys are quality games that get hated because they are both very popular and very Japanese. But this has to be said.

No Caption Provided

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fjordson

Every popular game series with sequels has an equal amount of bad fanboys and annoying haters.

Sagalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sagalla
@Soapy86 said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze:
I definitely agree about Final Fantasy VII and it's fans.  

But I would say the absolute worst are Fallout fans. Meaning people who played Fallout games before Fallout 3. Oh my fucking god...I've never seen such a group of subhuman douchebags in my life. "
Sooo.. I played Fallout 2 back in the day and loved it... What's your problem exactly???
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@SuperfluousMoniker:
Well in my defence, I was responding to more than one person, but fair enough.
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lunar_Aura
@august said:
"Gotta go with Sonic because: furries. "

yeap.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sodiumCyclops

KH fans are always the ugly ones. Ima go with that.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I'm going to say one last thing, FFVII is over 10years old now. People still talk about it more than any other game.
Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bluethunder35

This list is typical of the "Green Guys" here. Nothing Xbox-related and those guys are the worst of the worst when it comes to their lust for M-rated shooters. 

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@xaLieNxGrEyx: This isn't about hate, but I will go ahead and explain my comments.

" to say FFVII is a poor game, or undeserving of it's acclaim seems like a very silly and immature thing to say.  "

It may seem like that, but on closer examination FFVII just does not hold up as well as FFIX. It's one of the worst games in the series. I don't want to explain why here; go ahead and listen to the podcast, those guys do a tremendous job of summarizing why it's not as good as people think it is.

" Also, MGS is one of the greatest series in gaming. "

Just before I touch upon this, I just want to say that I ran a Metal Gear blog for a while a few years back. Not that this gives me special insight; I just want to point out that I'm familiar with the games. I've cleared MGS2 an unreasonable amount of times.

Metal Gear is just not as good as people think it is. Its gameplay and design was special up until 2002, but afterward other developers did more things better, and Metal Gear has just fallen behind to the point where it's become embarrassing. Story-wise, Metal Gear is similarly not as good as people think it is. Its script is shoddy, its dialogue immature, and its character development meek. Snake Eater's story was by in large a huge waste of time. Sons of Liberty was the series' peak, where Kojima was attempting to get aside some interesting themes. (Unfortunately, Kojima just doesn't know what he's talking about. He doesn't understand world politics, and he shouldn't be commenting on environmental issues or world peace, because nobody really cares.)

Gameplay wise, MGS3 was already years behind its competition. Max Payne 2, GTA San Andreas were better games by far. MGS4 was no good. It tried to mix elements of western game design but only went half-way, and picked the bad bits above all. Eurogamer gave it an accurate score - 8. Its perfect scores were utterly unwarranted, something people are only beginning to realize now.

To try and turn this back toward the topic, Metal Gear fans reject all of this and think Kojima is god.

Probably not god.
Probably not god.
Similarly Final Fantasy VII fans reject all criticism for the game. The truth lies somewhere in between. But if you're unable to accept criticism of any kind, you've crossed the line. Take a look at the fans response to Kojima when he announced Rising for the XBOX 360 as well as the PS3

That is a pathetic fan base.

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze: Also may I claim ignorance and ask who are those people you mentioned above? "

That's not ignorance, don't worry. :) All those guys used to work for 1UP.com, not everybody knows who they are, and it's not essential knowledge or anything.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Animasta

I'd deffo say MGS fans, sonic fans a close second, and to be fair of the people who think FO3 ruined everything; it kinda did, to many people. People remember fallout 1 and 2 for the humor and the writing and I'm sorry but the writing and the humor in FO3 is horrible. Course I can't really play FO1 or 2 because of the gameplay, but still...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince

Probably Halo, I'd say.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By ozzdog12

Modern Warfare 2 or Halo. JRPG fans as well

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

" @mazik765: Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII, and IX are all memorable classics that rival the story telling of great books. I'm a fan of literature and I greatly appreciate the efforts put into these timeless masterpieces. Also Final Fantasy was created with the idea in mind not creat an action game, but to create an interactive story. "

By the way, never repeat this sentence ever again, unless you want people to laugh at you.

I'm sorry, but Final Fantasy VII does not rival The Brothers Karamazov or Haruki Murakami or Neuromancer or Raymond Chandler or The Great Gatsby or Lolita or Ubik, et al, et cetera. It doesn't even rival The Da Vinci Code. :)
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Pokemon for sure.....fuck those 12 year old kids that know way more than I ever will.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Damian

World of Warcraft.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By Sooperspy

Halo.....

dulmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dulmonkey

"I'm going to say one last thing, FFVII is over 10years old now. People still talk about it more than any other game."

and they need to get over it. Its not a good story. its an awful story. I remember playing it on my brand new playstation. I also remember beating and saying to my brother "seventy hours, for this?" 

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By neozeke
@ZanzibarBreeze said:

" @xaLieNxGrEyx said:

" @mazik765: Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII, and IX are all memorable classics that rival the story telling of great books. I'm a fan of literature and I greatly appreciate the efforts put into these timeless masterpieces. Also Final Fantasy was created with the idea in mind not creat an action game, but to create an interactive story. "
By the way, never repeat this sentence ever again, unless you want people to laugh at you.  I'm sorry, but Final Fantasy VII does not rival The Brothers Karamazov or Haruki Murakami or Necromancer or... It doesn't even rival The Da Vinci Code. :) "
Oh zing! Eat that Dan Brown!   

But i have to agree with Zanzibar, Final Fantasy isn't really anything special gameplay or story wise, and the stories presented aren't really that great or original. The presentation of each respective story is decent, but I would not say that any FF out now rivals any book, besides the Twilight books, which suffer from horrible prose and massive cliches. Even in the world of gaming, they still aren't that great of stories.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@ZanzibarBreeze:
Yes, but see I'm not claiming these games to PLAY good, I'm not an idiot. I know MGS doesn't PLAY good, (with the exception of 4). I also know FFVII doesn't play good. The point I'm making is that even with poor gameplay it doesn't make the game any less engaging or the story any less well told and written. Also to sum things up real quick, FFVII is better than the Da Vinci Code. I don't care what you say, that movie and book is complete shit.  

Also posting a picture of Hideo a little out of it is funny, and I'm not claiming him to be god, but that's a low blow and also proves nothing. What I'm saying in short is that these games have great fucking stories, I'm not here to argue about gameplay, anyone who plays Final Fantasy for gameplay is doing something wrong, which is one of the reasons I shaire a love/hate relationship with FFXIII. This is also all completly silly, because in the end we're fighting with ourselves. We should embrace great games, and FFVII and MGS are far more than great games, they are landmarks in the gaming industry, and have helped push gaming ahead.

dulmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dulmonkey
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
"

@ZanzibarBreeze:
Yes, but see I'm not claiming these games to PLAY good, I'm not an idiot. I know MGS doesn't PLAY good, (with the exception of 4). I also know FFVII doesn't play good. The point I'm making is that even with poor gameplay it doesn't make the game any less engaging or the story any less well told and written. Also to sum things up real quick, FFVII is better than the Da Vinci Code. I don't care what you say, that movie and book is complete shit.  

Also posting a picture of Hideo a little out of it is funny, and I'm not claiming him to be god, but that's a low blow and also proves nothing. What I'm saying in short is that these games have great fucking stories, I'm not here to argue about gameplay, anyone who plays Final Fantasy for gameplay is doing something wrong, which is one of the reasons I shaire a love/hate relationship with FFXIII. This is also all completly silly, because in the end we're fighting with ourselves. We should embrace great games, and FFVII and MGS are far more than great games, they are landmarks in the gaming industry, and have helped push gaming ahead.

"
so...you're saying that anyone who plays a game(specifically games that run over 40 hours, most of which is gameplay) for the gameplay is doing it wrong?
Sagalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sagalla
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
Well I think that could be said about VIII and IX (I haven't played VI) but no way can you say that about VII.  The way that characters interact in that game is completely inane.  My biggest problem with the game was its tone, slapstick in a dystopian world may of worked in Brazil but in Final Fantasy VII it was just.. lame.  I know lots of people have fond memories and discovered a new genre with that title, but realistically the story was completely mediocre.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WinterSnowblind

A lot of people who play Halo multiplayer (and CoD) tend to be rather annoying, but I wouldn't class them as the hardcore fans.
I'd also say that most of the time the fans are only defending the game from unwarranted hate.

I think the Final Fantasy VII fans who consider the story complex, and every other game unsophisticated are far more annoying.  Ditto for MGS.
The 14 year old furry fanbase that continues to support Sonic through terrible game after terrible game are pretty creepy as well.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

HEY!!! Kingdom Hearts fans aren't bad! haha