Which game has the worst hardcore fans ?

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Call of Duty! People here know I love it and can't stop playing it, but the fans SUCK!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#152  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I love Halo and consider it my favorite FPS, but Bungie's website used to be full of asshole douchebags that all sounded like they were about seven years old.  Made it hard to have actual discussions about strategy, maps, updates, and the like.  Now I only occasionally jump on there to check my medals and scores.  Blech.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By Spike94

I love KH...but am in no way a nutcase fan. At least I wouldn't say I am...
Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Castiel
@Laketown said:
" @Castiel said:
" Any xbot 3shitty exclusive game!  "
no wait I take my previous statement back console fanboys are the worst "
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" Street Fighter, closely followed by those God awful Sonic kids.

@Castiel said:

" Any xbot 3shitty exclusive game!  "

If I could vote for this guy, I would. "
No Caption Provided
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155  Edited By Dalai

Yeah I'm gonna go with Halo, but I think the franchise is starting to swallow its own tail at this point. 

By next year it will probably go to the Call of Duty whackjobs.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Tally_Pants

I figured it would be a poll consisting of either Halo or COD/MW
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#157  Edited By citizenkane

The Final Fantasy fans in general have some pretty terrible hardcore fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Half-life?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By Animasta
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" Half-life? "
the only thing bad about those guys is they keep whining about Episode 3?
taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By taccyp

Metal Gearfanboys are pretentious pricks who think they are smarter than the rest of the gaming community because metal gear is so "deep".

The Street fighter community is ripe with smug elitism.

DoTA players are among the most condescending fucks on the internet. Their disease has spread into the Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends communities completely at this point.

Counter Strike players are probably even worse than DoTA players.

I pretty much apply to all of the above. So yeah, I'm a douchebag fanboy too. :-)

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#161  Edited By Whisperkill
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
" @neozeke:  You have your opinions, I have mine. I find many books extremelly overrated and wish I never wasted my time. If Final Fantasy had been a book written 60years ago it would be regarded as classic medevil fantasy novel. You can lie to yourself and say otherwise, but the characte  of Zidane and Princess Garnet are far supirior to overrated trash like Catcher In The Rye, The Great Gasby, and (although still good, just slightly overrated but still well written and told) How to Kill a Mockingbird.    And I know I'm going to get hell for this, but I may as well say it. Lord of the Rings is overrated, I prefer Final Fantasy. "
Ok I just peed myself laughing at this post 

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! XD
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@Whisperkill:
I'm sorry I don't view your opinion, and I don't like things because I'm told to. The Hobbit is miles better than any of the LOTR books, and I greatly enjoy the plots to Final Fantasy. If you don't feel that FFIX can be re-written into novel form and still be great, then I feel very sorry for you my friend.  

" Peace is but a shadow of death,
   Desesperate to forget its painful past...
   Though we hope for promising years.
   After shedding a thousand tears,
   Yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
   And while the moon still shines blue,
   By dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue.
   What an auspicious day for Alexandria. Garnet's ascension to the throne brought hope and peace to this kingdom. The people are overjoyed; they believe a wonderful future is ahead of them... But the celebration isn't over yet. It's time to really light things up! Your former master is here, Bahamut. Play a requiem for her and all of Alexandria!"     

I honestly believe FFIX plays out like a play to begin with, re-writting it into a novel of script wouldn't be hard. If you can't see that, then I should be the one releasing my bladder into my own pants over uncontrolled laughter at your ignorance, however since I'm not tha big of a douche I'll leave it to your opinion. Hate on FF all you want, it's pure gold and greatly enjoyable. 

I have read and enjoyed many, many novels. I have also read and hated many of them too. I analayze and re-read before making an opinion, and I don't just love things because my High School english teacher told me to. Just because it's a book, doesn't mean it's a flawless masterpiece of shinning art.

I might be a little on the extreme pro-game side right now, but I'm using that to help make a point. Why are so many people who love video games so much, enough to sign up to a website to talk about them, so easy to dismiss them as trash? What the hell do you think they did for the 2-3 years they were making FFIX? Play with their balls? I think they were more busy making things like this that help make it a masterpiece in my eyes, even yes, comparing it with classic literature and film.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Toxin066

I think the Starcraft fans can be pretty rabid at times...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#164  Edited By Milkman

Out of those, definitely Legend of Zelda. But in recent memory, the Team  Fortress 2 hardcore fan base is pretty irritating.

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By EthanML

I'm not gonna say they're the *worst* out there but the Smash Bros players that like to call themselves "pro" and talk about all the "depth" those games have are pretty fucking hilarious/sad. 

djaoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By djaoni
@EthanML said:
" I'm not gonna say they're the *worst* out there but the Smash Bros players that like to call themselves "pro" and talk about all the "depth" those games have are pretty fucking hilarious/sad.  "
The same can be said for just about every shooter this generation.
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By yakov456

No MW on the list? I'm going with Zelda from the selections on the list.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#168  Edited By StarFoxA
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
those guys do a tremendous job of summarizing why it's not as good as people think it is."

I've never played Final Fantasy VII, but this line just shocked me. Nobody can define what is good or bad, it's all a matter of opinion.
EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By EthanML
@djaoni: Perhaps, but at least those games are at least kind of suitable for "serious" competition. I mean come on, freakin' Smash Bros? 
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#170  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I'm going to say the Sonic fanbase.  Especially the Sonic fans who draw their own variants of other videogame characters in a Sonic form.

*shudder*

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Djeffers03

WOW anyone?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By jacdg

Final Fantasy 7 is a great game, but not the "zOMG best game evaaar bitchez" as a lot of FF7 fans says, I also think Halo hardcore fans can be obnoxious... I've played against some pros though, and they were all very very nice, but your average 13/14 year old shooter fan (whether Halo, Call of Duty or something else) are the worst!!

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Damian
@Hats said: 

" wheres World of Warcraft or Counter Strike 1.6?
people have been stabbed, spat on, dumped etc because of either of those games "

@PenguinDust said: 

" I'm kind of surprised by the write-in response focus on Modern Warfare and Halo.  It's not that I don't think those die hard fans are scarily obsessive with their competitive multiplayer games or that they aren't occasionally obnoxious tools towards less experienced players, it's just that when it comes to impassioned hardcore game fanatics, nothing tops in my mind the World of Warcraft addict.  

1. A hardcore WOW player will spend more time in Azeroth than they will functioning in the real world.
  2. They'll sleep less than they play everyday so they could spend more than a third of their lives in game. 
  3. They know the maps of each dungeon better than they know their own hometowns and make references to boss encounters in everyday speech.
  4. They have stronger views on the latest patch than they do on the latest national issues and will complain about their disapproval at great length.
  5. They have their own convention (well it's mostly for them these days) with a dance contest where they dress up in costume and dance the dances their video game identities dance.
  6. The game is more than a game for them, more than work, it is life and any disruption to the illusion of control they have over that virtual life is angrily rebuked.
Now, obviously, these are the hardest of the hardcore, but that's what this thread is about in my opinion; "the worst hardcore fans".  I didn't even mention the number of YouTube WOW freakouts, the cases of real-life violence between players, the cases of child neglect committed by parent players, or the creepy love connections made between teens and adults in game carried over into reality. "
Oh, bless you two! I was starting to think it was a conspiracy that no-one else said this.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By HandsomeDead

Nintendo. Considering how old they are these days, they should know better.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By blair

Other.  Off the top of my head, Call of Duty/Halo/Gears are all much better choices.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By RobotHamster

You seem to have missed the worst one, halo.  And the second place game mw2.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By FacelessVixen

I dread the thought of playing Halo with a mic.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#178  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I just can't choose. Fanboys are annoying but some game franchises have elitist followings which are just as bad if not worse.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Famov
@HandsomeDead said:

"Nintendo. Considering how old they are these days, they should know better. "

And this being Giantbomb, we should know how much more obnoxious the anti Nintendo crowd continually shows itself to be. "...Nintendo is the laziest developer around."  indeed.

Haters are always worse than fans.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Famov said:
" @HandsomeDead said:

"Nintendo. Considering how old they are these days, they should know better. "

And this being Giantbomb, we should know how much more obnoxious the anti Nintendo crowd continually shows itself to be. "...Nintendo is the laziest developer around."  indeed.

Haters are always worse than fans.

"
I just knew someone wouldn't be able to resist. Good shout, Famov.
Fluxxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Fluxxed

Shadow of the Colossus, the amount of praise it gets is undeserved.  God help you if you find a fault with it.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@StarFoxA said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze said:
those guys do a tremendous job of summarizing why it's not as good as people think it is."

I've never played Final Fantasy VII, but this line just shocked me. Nobody can define what is good or bad, it's all a matter of opinion. "
Okay, so the fact that Big Rigs is bad is a matter of opinion? Thanks for turning up. :)
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

The whole game could have been avoided if the Boss had said just one thing to Snake: "I didn't defect. I've been sent here to die."  

No because she was to die at the hands of snake, telling him would have ruined everything. I don't see these plot holes you speak of, rather I think it is covered quite nicely.  

Not true. She only needed to prove to that she had defected to the Russian side. She didn't need to die, even. All she had to do was stay with Volgin. She could have even committed suicide. Again, the whole game is a vacuous mess. They made a ridiculously twisted story just so they had a reason to make another Metal Gear game, and you can really see it in how implausible it is. That's why Sons of Liberty remains the best Metal Gear game: Kojima has just run out of ideas. The series should have ended there. We didn't need MGS3. We knew about Big Boss already from the previous four games. MGS3 and MGS4 are just massive retcons.

Again, I don't hate Metal Gear, I'm not a hater. I like Metal Gear through to Metal Gear Solid 2. I think MGS3 is fine, as a game, I agree that it's got some neat gameplay sections. (MGS4's rightful position is in a landfill.) What I have is an extreme dislike for is people who think Metal Gear is "amazing". It's not. It's mediocre at best. It's got an average story, and its gameplay is pretty good -- but it's nothing special.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By ryanwho

MGS fans, based on this thread alone.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Afroman269

I don't see Modern Warfare and MGS

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By matiaz_tapia

Final Fantasy VII fans. I'm one of them....and I find that trying to not start a discussion with people saying is bad is something that I'm barely able to do.  In the past I was barely able to shut up about it. 

The thing with FF games is this are generational. The "best" one is usually your first....unless you've played them all and you're considerable of age. Parish's favorite for example was XII, people hated that one with passion. None of them compare to a good, or even average book in terms of complexity. 

People for some reason tend to put every game on the same "pot", even tho there're so many different experiences.  I like FF, don't like CoD or Halo, but I understand why people would.  

But as far as the topic goes. Yes, FF VII has the most annoying, this is fact regardless of the result of the polls. We just won't shut up about it :).

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By HandsomeDead
@ryanwho said:
" MGS fans, based on this thread alone. "
I like to think of it as fans of MGS, MGS2 and the redeeming moments of MGS4 are bros and fans of MGS3 and the bad parts of MGS4 are hos.
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#188  Edited By gearhead

Starcraft.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By ryanwho
@HandsomeDead said:
" @ryanwho said:
I like to think of it as fans of MGS, MGS2 and the redeeming moments of MGS4 are bros and fans of MGS3 and the bad parts of MGS4 are hos. "
That's awfully complicated. Which makes it impressive storytelling.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ZanzibarBreeze:
Ok, but she DID need to die to prove American innocence for the Nuke launched at the start of the game....
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ryanwho:
I take you're not a MGS fan....
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#192  Edited By natetodamax

[insert Call Of Duty (usually 4 or MW2) or Halo game here]

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@HandsomeDead said:
" @ryanwho said:
I like to think of it as fans of MGS, MGS2 and the redeeming moments of MGS4 are bros and fans of MGS3 and the bad parts of MGS4 are hos. "
I think you just blew my mind. :) 

(Also, what redeeming parts of MGS4? I didn't see no redemption. All I saw was Gears of War without a cover system. Jeezus Kojima, it's not 1999. Syphon Filter came out some time ago.)

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze: Ok, but she DID need to die to prove American innocence for the Nuke launched at the start of the game.... "

Not to debate the finer points of Snake Eater, because there's not a whole lot of material there.  Also, I'm going to spoiler tag this because I don't think most people care about this discussion, even though I think it's interesting to talk about these things. :)

In fact, here's the plot hole the size of the Grand Canyon.

Snake's mission is to kidnap Sokolov. That's all he has to do. The Boss is working for the American government, always has been. So why does she fuck up Snake's mission? The American government wants Sokolov, and yet she almost kills Snake, ruins the mission, and causes the rest of the game. So she's there in some crazy convoluted plan to get the Philosopher's Legacy. Fine. But she's got the same knowledge about the Philosopher's Legacy that the U.S. government has. She doesn't have to take Sokolov back. If they had just made Snake aware of the whole plan from the start then the whole mess could have been avoided! Essentially, the first two hours of the game and the final two hours of the game are void. Here's how the game should have played out, here's how the crazy story would have played out "in real life".

1. Make Snake aware of the double cross plan. The Boss is going to pretend she's with the Russians to help get the Philosopher's Legacy. In fact, you don't even need to tell Snake about the Legacy if you don't want him to know about the grip of cash. Just tell him they're some secret documents that the Russians have. He's a soldier, he does whatever you tell him to do.
  2. Ignore the Virtuous Mission. Cut it out from the game. Snake's mission is now to infiltrate Volgin's territory. The Boss will help him: a- Retrieve Sokolov, b- Retrieve the Legacy.
  3. Once the two objectives are complete, Snake extracts. The Boss has to stay with Volgin, who is now powerless. Khrushchev wants Volgin dead anyway because he poses a threat to the integrity of the Soviet Union government; The Boss kills Volgin, Khrushchev forgives The Boss. International crisis over.

But it doesn't play like that. Instead, they fool Snake, for no reason, meaning that you have an entire game to play. What are the Cobra Unit and EVA even doing in the game? They straight up don't have to be there. The extra China subplot is just unnecessary. MGS3 is like a super bad episode of 24.

Ultimately, bad writing is bad writing is bad writing.

For the good of all mankind, I will now not discuss MGS3 further, for it is a fruitless endeavor. I apologize to those not interested for taking up a lot of forum space.
jlev880

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#194  Edited By jlev880

I think Halo's fans are probably the worst.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#195  Edited By sopranosfan

I agree with the MGS fans probably being the worst.  I own all 4 games so it isn't a problem with the game but the extreme fanboys of this game are terrible.  But out of that list I agree probably FF7 fans are the worst on the list. 
rt44tbtb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By rt44tbtb4

I'm usually adverse to many of the hardcore fans of the Halo series. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By HandsomeDead
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @ryanwho said:
I think you just blew my mind. :) 

(Also, what redeeming parts of MGS4? I didn't see no redemption. All I saw was Gears of War without a cover system. Jeezus Kojima, it's not 1999. Syphon Filter came out some time ago.) "
The return to Shadow Moses was handled beautifully and I just like how it tied up the Solid Snake/Revolver Ocelot rivalry. A majority of the gameplay was absolute fucking shit though, especially The Beauty and The Beast stuff which felt so forced. Camo is the worst thing to have ever happened to MGS, conveniently enough tying it directly into MGS3.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By shadows_kill

farmville, halo, and COD

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By spaceturtle
@ZanzibarBreeze:  
About your whole MGS rant. While on some level I agree with you -- the gameplay isn't very good and the dialog is... well, yeah, not great. The story in each game by itself (except the original MGS of course) are almost too over the top and I can see how some people might not like it. But the story as a whole is great. Since you mentioned some kind of MGS blog I assume you are aware of the huge background story that is existing in the MGS universe. To get all those pieces to fit together and still create a understandable story is a job well done. There's no denying that.

Anywasy, to me the MGS franchise is ONE of the best and greatest game franchise I've ever played. I actually like the immature weird dialogs, and while the story might be a little too much, it's all presented so well. You must not forget the MGS games evolves around a world similar to that of Batman, Spiderman and other super hero comics. So the weird dialogs and the over-the-top story is kinda fitting imo. Would you say the whole concept of super hero vs. super villan is a poor way to base a story upon? Cause that is the kind of story MGS is all about. Also the visuals, in terms of character art is magnificent and there is a bunch of other good visual ideas presented in the games. Again, it's the presentation of the story and characters which makes the MGS games so good. 

Oh, and to say a fanbase is pathetic is just really dumb. CAUSE THEY'LL KICK YOUR ASS! No, seriously, it's all about opinions. I think MGS is one of the greatest game franchise of all time, and you can't possibly justify calling me pathetic (or my reasons) for loving the games just because YOU don't like them.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ZanzibarBreeze:
I think you just proved your point quite well, and although I don't agree with you, you obviously know enough to stand on your opinion without being anywhere close to ignorant.  

I guess all I have to say is I like it for what it is, not what it's not, and I'm obviously allowed to like ALL the MGS games lol. I enjoy FFVII for the same reason, love it for what it is, not hate it for what it isn't. I was just making sure you weren't one of those people who hate these games because they're popular and you don't understand them because you're 12 and have the brain capacity of a seagull, which you obviously aren't. I don't agree with you, but you seem smart, and know what you're talking about so to each his own. Quite enjoyed the discussion.