Which upcoming action MOBA are you most looking forward to playing?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which upcoming action MOBA are you most looking forward to playing? (20 votes)

Battleborn from Gearbox 10%
Overwatch from Blizzard 80%
Paragon from Epic Games 10%

For those who don't know, Battleborn is getting a 10 day long beta on PS4, with a 5 day beta on PC and Xbox One. You can find the details here. In addition to its MOBA aspects, Battleborn will also feature a somewhat more traditional co-op story campaign. It's a 60 dollar retail title, that will be supported with both free and paid DLC. The game releases May 3rd, and it is not Borderlands 3.

Overwatch will be launching on May 24th. It's also a 60 dollar retail tile, but it's been announced that all DLC will be free. There will be an open beta May 5th through the 9th, with a slightly earlier start date of May 3rd for pre-orders.

Paragon is a free-to-play title that will be getting a full 60 dollar retail release on June 7th, but can also be downloaded for as little as 20 dollars. The retail version will provide early access to the game, 60 dollars worth of in game currency, and some additional bonuses and skins. Only the paid versions have early access. Free to play players will have to wait until later in the year, when the game officially launches. Unlike the FPS perspectives of Battleborn and Overwatch, Paragon is played from a behind the shoulder 3rd person viewpoint.

Finally, here are all three games in action. Which are you looking forward to?

• 
whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whur

Overwatch is not a moba. I grabbed paragon on ps4 and that is some hot garbage. It's almost as if no one on that team ever played dota or any of the modern equivalents.

I'm interested in battleborn, but so far smite is doing the best for an 'action' moba. In general I'm interested in all of these mobas, I've put a lot of time into dota and league and have been playing since original. I just love the genre

I'll also buy every blizzard game ever so that's just an easy buy for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not really any of them, I guess Overwatch since I have faith (more than I should probably) in Blizzard.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Overwatch since it's a shooter.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@whur said:

Overwatch is not a moba.

Watching that trailer again, I have no idea how I missed that fact. It's really more of a Team Fortress type game, isn't it? If I could change the poll to "Which upcoming character action shooter are you most looking forward to playing?", then I'd do that. Just pretend that's the title of the thread, I guess.

Can mods change poll titles? If so, and if a mod sees this, be my guest. I'd appreciate it.

And yeah, despite it being eventually free to play, I'd say I'm interested in Paragon the least. The art style seems a bit too grim for my taste, and the game looks far too serious, both in terms of art direction and gameplay. I guess I'll try it when it's free, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@whur: Similar thoughts that Overwatch was not a MOBA and I'll likely play any game Blizzard puts out.

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: they get grouped together a lot. I was making the same mistake until not too long ago when I was looking at paragon.

Smite is also in open beta and currently %50 off founders pack which nets you all characters now and forever (for those looking for something decent to play)

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwatch is pretty much a moba but also looks the most interesting so I choose that

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Already playing Overwatch (in closed beta), it's a blast. And 95% sure I'm going to pickup Battleborn too. Btw is the voice actor for the big minigun guy the same as that of Crunk in emperors New Groove?

Every gameplay of Paragon I've seen only reinforced my "meh" feeling on it, for several reasons.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@paulmako said:

Overwatch is pretty much a moba but also looks the most interesting so I choose that

It's nothing like a moba at all. It's basically Blizzards take on Team Fortress.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@whur said:

Overwatch is not a moba.

Watching that trailer again, I have no idea how I missed that fact. It's really more of a Team Fortress type game, isn't it? If I could change the poll to "Which upcoming character action shooter are you most looking forward to playing?", then I'd do that. Just pretend that's the title of the thread, I guess.

Can mods change poll titles? If so, and if a mod sees this, be my guest. I'd appreciate it.

And yeah, despite it being eventually free to play, I'd say I'm interested in Paragon the least. The art style seems a bit too grim for my taste, and the game looks far too serious, both in terms of art direction and gameplay. I guess I'll try it when it's free, though.

Unfortunately I think there's some system thing that stops threads with polls from being renameable... That being said, I am super excited for Overwatch and none of the other two. Don't like mobas.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Overwatch isn't a MOBA imo, but its the only one of those that seems decent.

Got no interest in Paragon, Battleborn or Gigantic

Smite is alright, only 3rd person MOBA I've played worth anything so far.

DirtyRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know from experience that Paragon is very fun and I think it has a ton of potential.

I like most Blizzard games, but Overwatch doesn't look fun in any way. The art is nice, but meh, the gameplay looks borderline bad.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm not even sure Battleborn is much of a MOBA. Of those three I think Overwatch will be the best, but I'm kinda looking forward to trying Battleborn and seeing just how that thing feels.