Why the hell is Tales of Vesperia exclusive.

• 50 results
AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AaronBelfast

Ok first of all I don't want to start a "Console/fanboy war"

But can someone give me a reason as to why Tales of Vesperia is exclusive.

• It's made by Namco (Third Party)
  • PS3 sells more in Japan
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

They felt like making it exclusive to 360.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

To help push hardware?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By Soap

Microsoft handed out big monies.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AaronBelfast
Soap said:
"Microsoft handed out big monies."
Ahh right how could I be so stupid. I was believing all that "Third party games must be multiplat" BS
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Soap said:
We have a winner.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Vaxadrin
Soap said:
This I don't buy.  Not because I don't think Microsoft pays for exclusivity (they do), but why would they pick a JRPG series that probably won't break 300k total?  Same with Star Ocean.

I think it's just ease of use for the developers and wanting to capitalize on the Western market.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Soap
Vaxadrin said:
"Soap said:
This I don't buy.  Not because I don't think Microsoft pays for exclusivity (they do), but why would they pick a JRPG series that probably won't break 300k total?  Same with Star Ocean.

I think it's just ease of use for the developers and wanting to capitalize on the Western market."
They didn't they picked one of the biggest JRPG's in japan.

They sold out all Xbox 360's in japan on that games launch.... therefor, worth there monies.
AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AaronBelfast
Soap said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"Soap said:

I think it's just ease of use for the developers and wanting to capitalize on the Western market."
They didn't they picked one of the biggest JRPG's in japan.

They sold out all Xbox 360's in japan on that games launch.... therefor, worth there monies."
True but that was only in the first week. Sales have went down ALOT.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By duxup
MONEY

For those who like pics more than words.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

you dont wanna start a fanboy war but a few of the threads lately by you have been engineered specifically to do that....

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Pehaps because tales general sells better in the us and the ps3 has a smaller userbase?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Soap
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Pehaps because tales general sells better in the us and the ps3 has a smaller userbase?
"
Or Bill gates just really really likes Tales of :D
AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AaronBelfast
WilliamRLBaker said:
"you dont wanna start a fanboy war but a few of the threads lately by you have been engineered specifically to do that...."
Umm..like what threads exactly?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_

I like how Sony fanboys are constantly touting exclusive lists like it's their penis; but when the 360 gets something, all 3rd parties should be multiplat, or the game sucks? >.>

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#17  Edited By LordAndrew

The Tales series is very big in Japan. If you were Microsoft, and you wanted to improve your userbase in Japan, wouldn't you want a big popular exclusive on your system on Japan?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DualReaver
LordAndrew said:
"The Tales series is very big in Japan. If you were Microsoft, and you wanted to improve your userbase in Japan, wouldn't you want a big popular exclusive on your system on Japan?"
No, logic is for idiots.
MEBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MEBs

Symphonia = Nintendo
  Abyss = Sony
  Vesperia = Microsoft

Hell, it could be Namco testing the waters for each system.

-Evan

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karmum
Soap said:
Bingo, just like how FF13 unfortunately will be coming to Xbox 360s. Ugh, I might have to play it on my 360. :(

I hope I get a PS3 before FF13 comes out.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordAndrew
Karmum said:
"Soap said:
Bingo, just like how FF13 unfortunately will be coming to Xbox 360s. Ugh, I might have to play it on my 360. :(

I hope I get a PS3 before FF13 comes out."
You don't have to if you don't want to.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karmum
LordAndrew said:
"Karmum said:
"Soap said:

You don't have to if you don't want to."
I have to play FF13 when it comes out, so if I don't have a PS3 once FF13 hits, so be it for the 360. It might be just me, but aside from the MMO, Final Fantasy doesn't really fit well with me on the Xbox 360.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pause422

Its called microsoft throwing money at them, its pretty simple. Its not exclusive forever I doubt, not that I even care to begin with, its just timed though, I guarantee.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Karmum said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Karmum said:
"Soap said:

I have to play FF13 when it comes out, so if I don't have a PS3 once FF13 hits, so be it for the 360. It might be just me, but aside from the MMO, Final Fantasy doesn't really fit well with me on the Xbox 360."
why not?
I understand what you're thinking, but after 10 minutes you dont notice it anymore.

I had the same thoughts about FF on the PS1 when I first picked it up.

Now, especially a nintendo console, FF would be extremely weird on it. Dunno why.  Would be okay though (talking about pure status outlook here)
10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 10MP

the ps3 is inferior and can't begin to run it.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Vaxadrin

Ah, of course.  Occam's Razor.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
AaronBelfast said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"you dont wanna start a fanboy war but a few of the threads lately by you have been engineered specifically to do that...."
Umm..like what threads exactly?"
this thread, the ps3 section exclusivity of bioshock dlc though its time exclusive you make a big thing about it being ""exclusive"" just like saying i dont mean offense when you say well im not trying to start a fanboy war usually means your trying too.
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#28  Edited By godzilla_sushi
MEBs said:
"  Symphonia = Nintendo
  Abyss = Sony
  Vesperia = Microsoft

-Evan"
Wow, somebody actually thought about it for more than 2 seconds. There you go.

I don't know where you all get the idea that Microsoft just throws its money around like that. Anytime something doesn't seem to fit what someone thinks, it's money! Or aliens! Or the Microsoft Corporation!

Although, I guess most of the time it probably is aliens.
normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By normajean777
Jayge said:
"I like how Sony fanboys are constantly touting exclusive lists like it's their penis; but when the 360 gets something, all 3rd parties should be multiplat, or the game sucks? >.>"
its the same damn thing the m$ fanboys do
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clean

Because 360 has all the rpgs at the moment

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony messed up and targeted the wrong group with the wrong product.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Patchinko

No, it's quite literally because Microsoft backed up a dump truck full of cold hard cash to secure this exclusive in order to move units in Japan, where it has been floundering very pathetically.

If they can sell enough 360s there to make a dump truck full of money back, it was worth the price.

Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Blitzer
Soap said:
This.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jayge_
normajean777 said:
"Jayge said:
"I like how Sony fanboys are constantly touting exclusive lists like it's their penis; but when the 360 gets something, all 3rd parties should be multiplat, or the game sucks? >.>"
its the same damn thing the m$ fanboys do"
In all the little spats/giant flamewars I've seen, it's always the Microsoft kids touting live/better 3rd party titles/'OMG HALO LOLOLOL", blah blah blah and the PS3 fanboys going "exclusives lolololololol" with a list of games that will either never come out, or suck horribly. It's always funny watching those unfold, because everyone *always* meets the stereotypes.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Soap
Jayge said:
"normajean777 said:
"Jayge said:
its the same damn thing the m$ fanboys do"
In all the little spats/giant flamewars I've seen, it's always the Microsoft kids touting live/better 3rd party titles/'OMG HALO LOLOLOL", blah blah blah and the PS3 fanboys going "exclusives lolololololol" with a list of games that will either never come out, or suck horribly. It's always funny watching those unfold, because everyone *always* meets the stereotypes."
Please don't let this get out of hand >_>
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mourne
Patchinko said:
"No, it's quite literally because Microsoft backed up a dump truck full of cold hard cash to secure this exclusive in order to move units in Japan, where it has been floundering very pathetically.

If they can sell enough 360s there to make a dump truck full of money back, it was worth the price."
Mark my words: Japan will never accept an American corporation's gaming console over their homegrown counterparts. It will never happen, as anyone who's been to Japan can sense the xenophobia. You'll usually garner attention from school girls who want to take tons of pictures on their camera phones, but the shop owners and the like? Not big fans of Americans, especially.
AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AaronBelfast
WilliamRLBaker said:
"AaronBelfast said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
Umm..like what threads exactly?"
this thread, the ps3 section exclusivity of bioshock dlc though its time exclusive you make a big thing about it being ""exclusive"" just like saying i dont mean offense when you say well im not trying to start a fanboy war usually means your trying too.
"
Yea but thats in the PS3 forum, if I wanted to start a "fanboy way" I wouldve posted my thoughts on Bioshock in the General discussion/360 forum. Your logic makes no sense. I asked this question without being one sided/moaning so what are you rambling on about?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordAndrew
Karmum said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Karmum said:
"Soap said:

I have to play FF13 when it comes out, so if I don't have a PS3 once FF13 hits, so be it for the 360. It might be just me, but aside from the MMO, Final Fantasy doesn't really fit well with me on the Xbox 360."
Maybe you lack the patience to just wait longer? If Final Fantasy XIII came out only on the PS3 and you couldn't get one, you'd have to wait anyway. So just ignore the Xbox 360 version and wait until you can get a PS3.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By brukaoru
Patchinko said:
"No, it's quite literally because Microsoft backed up a dump truck full of cold hard cash to secure this exclusive in order to move units in Japan, where it has been floundering very pathetically.

If they can sell enough 360s there to make a dump truck full of money back, it was worth the price."
100% agreed. Although, since most of the 360s that were sold were launch 360s, I bet most of the costumers will get red rings...
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ryanwho

That makes no sense at all. Why they insist on making what are essentially the same games exclusive for different systems is a mystery. There's absolutely no reason why all "Tales" games shouldn't be either for every system or for one. They appeal to the same audience and none of them, even vesperia, are doing things even the Wii couldn't handle. Namco's just baffling in general between this and their own "excluded content" scam, locking shit out of game discs so people can pay for it later. Whoever's running Namco's retarded.
MEBs said:

"  Symphonia = Nintendo
  Abyss = Sony
  Vesperia = Microsoft

-Evan"

LightWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LightWarrior

Because the 360 is selling well....would you rather make a game exclusive for a console that isn't selling well? Plus the game might have been in production before the ps3 release, therefore making the 360 as the only choice. plus...we know this game is gonna come to the ps3 sooner or later, like Eternal Sonata.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
LightWarrior said:
"Because the 360 is selling well....would you rather make a game exclusive for a console that isn't selling well? Plus the game might have been in production before the ps3 release, therefore making the 360 as the only choice. plus...we know this game is gonna come to the ps3 sooner or later, like Eternal Sonata."
But the xbox 360 is selling terribly in japan, which would normally be this games main audience.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Soap
LightWarrior said:
"Because the 360 is selling well....would you rather make a game exclusive for a console that isn't selling well? Plus the game might have been in production before the ps3 release, therefore making the 360 as the only choice. plus...we know this game is gonna come to the ps3 sooner or later, like Eternal Sonata."
Lol, don't be stupid. Up until the release of this game you couldn't give away 360's in japan.

The japanese have no love for the system because they just see it as a console made for the west, by the west and filled with nothing but FPS (something they don't play much of) This game is the first game to really make this console shift units over there and shows a changing attitude from both microsoft to sell more games that there consumers over there will purchase and the public for giving the console a chance.
LightWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LightWarrior

360 Units sold in Japan = 700k (Estimated)
360 Units sold in United States = 11 Million (Estimated)

PS3 Units sold in Japan = 2 million
PS3 Units sold in United States = 5 Million

That's a quick overview of the chart, think about...would you release a game exclusive for a console who's sales isn't doing to great (But are Improving) I know Japan whas the main Audience but, whatever the sells they lose they would make up by the Unite States sells, which truelly tells the 360 has more owners in the Unite States. And has more chances of a a person buying the game.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xxNBxx
jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jlaudio7
MEBs said:
"  Symphonia = Nintendo
  Abyss = Sony
  Vesperia = Microsoft

-Evan"
I like this idea.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jayge_
MattyFTM said:
"LightWarrior said:
But the xbox 360 is selling terribly in japan, which would normally be this games main audience."
The 360 supply all but ran out the week this was released.

jlaudio7 said:
"MEBs said:
"  Symphonia = Nintendo
  Abyss = Sony
  Vesperia = Microsoft

-Evan"
I like this idea."
I don't like Namco for a lot of reasons, but it is an interesting idea that I like too.
JNYR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JNYR

Sony fanboys are sad, sad people.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AaronBelfast
JNYR said:
"Sony fanboys are sad, sad people."
And why is that?
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zityz

Vespera looks promising, I'll probably buy it once I'm done with all of my other wants for this year, and I'm looking forward to another symphonia, the GC one was really good I thought.