deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@soapy86 said:

Dragon Age II and Fable III

100% agree on Fable III. I played through 3/4 of the game on COOP with a friend. One of the worst gaming experiences of my life. It didn't help that the COOP in that game is completely broken...

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By HerbieBug

disclaimer--- I don't blind buy games, so many of the worst were avoided by me via poor reviews or after negative experience with demo.

Gran Turismo 5 by a wide margin. How do you ship a game where a large percentage of the cars aren't even modeled completely? And the menus, my god! Such a mess. I picked this game up late last year. When I inserted the disc, it proceeded to download and install several gigs worth of patches. Two hours later it was ready to play. And it was still a fucking travesty. People who played this at launch tell me it's so much better with the patches than it was before. Mind thoroughly boggled by that.

Mass Effect 3. Not for the ending and not for the "you can't import an ME1 character that you imported into ME2" thing. It was the galaxy map that killed it for me. The stupid reaper mini game thing. WHY? Please tell me why somebody thought that was a good idea.

Flower. Because of the six axis controls.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

007 Legends... and I think only that. I can tolerate games that almost everyone hates, including Kane and Lynch, Brink, Duke Nukem Forever, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, etc....

But... 007 Legends.... THAT crossed the line. 007 Legends was so damn horrible... that as a James Bond fan, made me feel embarrassed playing it. I mean... this game's PC port was so terribly made, that it was removed off of Steam a month or two after its release. When I was able to obtain the game free, on the PS3... I was only able to take an hour of gametime before I permanently stopped playing it in disgust.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#204  Edited By ADAMWD

@shagge: Haha, oh man I totally 100% that game, achievement wise and everything. I actually kinda liked it

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#205  Edited By TheGreatGuero

To those of you surprised to see some big games mentioned, well... gamers tend to grossly exaggerate. Of course LA Noire isn't the worst game of this gen, but as someone mentioned above, it absolutely fails in being a detective game. Overrated? Incredibly so. I chose not to finish it because it just wasn't worth it. It was a game with so much potential that was hindered by some unbelievably bad gameplay decisions. I'd say it's certainly one of the most disappointing games, but still far from being among the worst.

And man, I thought Enslaved was quite good, actually... I think that's an under-appreciated game.

@ben1h4na said:

@mooseymcman: I bought Dark Sector for like three dollars at Gamestop, I thought it was half way decent for a bargain bin game.

Yeah, I spent 3 bucks on it as well, and for that price, I thought my money was actually very well spent. It's a decent game. I certainly wouldn't consider it the worst game of this gen.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Mirror's Edge (I had to quit after an hour because the game was so mind numbingly dull, and the controls felt awful)

Mass Effect 3 (Not terrible, but a huge letdown)

Borderlands 2 (Again, not terrible, but a massive disappointment)

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@tyler1285 said:

@liquidprince said:

Some of these games people are listing are blowing my mind.

They either don't play that many games, or haven't really experienced what a truly bad game is like. It's sad.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Operation raccoon city and Duke were pretty bad. But man I think Brink takes the cake. I rented that game and within an hour I could hardly stand it. I hear the pc version was better but fuck man what a bummer. Game had potential

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've changed my mind. My true answer is Malicious.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#210  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

In order of worst to least bad:

• Metroid: Other M - Bad story, bad controls, bad gameplay, the trifecta of awfulness. Between auto-aiming and dodging just by hitting any direction on the D-Pad the game plays itself, and they removed the exploration in favor of running down hallways. This is the only game on this list I actually finished, because it was so bad I had to see it all the way to the end.
  • Fable II - There is no consequence in this game. If you die you just fall down, lose a bit of experience, and then get right back up in the same exact spot. The combat is terrible and the humor is cringe inducing.
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - The Uncharted series is the ultimate example of the cinemafying of video games and style over substance design that the industry has begun to focus on. Rather than compelling gameplay, Uncharted throws you through a series of flashy set pieces that are nice to look at but don't equate to fun. The gunplay is dull, and the climbing segments are actively terrible, essentially a game of "spot the shiny thing" with no actual challenge to them. The story is uninteresting and Drake is an unlikable sociopath.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - I heard Uncharted 2 was better than the first game. It was. It still wasn't good though.
  • Assassin's Creed 3 - While Assassin's Creed games have always kind of played themselves, Assassin's Creed 3 takes this to a new level so I now no longer feel like I'm doing anything. Mission design is awful, and the Colonial America setting ruins the free-climbing aspect of the game since buildings are few and far between.

Honorable Mention for Heavy Rain, which I didn't play myself but is so astoundingly poorly written that I can't in good conscience not mention it.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these responses are amazing. I understand not liking LA Noire or Nier or Demons Souls since those games are an acquired taste (personally I liked all of them and Neir and Demons Souls would probably be in my top 10 games of this gen) but to call them bad is kinda crazy.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread should have been called most "subjectively disappointing games". Then It might have been interesting.

This. I wrote basically the same thing. I didn't like Max Payne 3 but I'm not gonna call the worst game this gen I've played when there are much worse games.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too Human

I was young and naive, and the concept is still so damn cool

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Teoball

My answer is Damnation. I kinda liked the setting and story setup but it plays so bad that I quit after an hour, and I don't even care much about gameplay at all in any games.

Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Splatterhouse

Anarchy Reigns

Baroque

and God of War 3.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By ProfessorK

I know, I might catch alot of shit, but Alpha Protocol was by far the most frustrating, unfun, jank filled game I played this gen.

I went in expecting great things hearing Jeff glow over its potential.

I know you can blow though it if you forgo stealth. That's not how I enjoy playing games that give me the option to use stealth. It didn't work as most of the time you were forced into the shitty combat.

The gunplay was terrible and the combat animations were straight out of PS2. Come to think of it, it'd have been a great Xbox 1 game.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#217  Edited By oraknabo

@scampbell said:

This thread should have been called most "subjectively disappointing games". Then It might have been interesting.

This. I wrote basically the same thing. I didn't like Max Payne 3 but I'm not gonna call the worst game this gen I've played when there are much worse games.

The title of the thread is fine. There might be worse games out there, but did you play them all? The thread title specifies games you've played not "worst game of the generation, objectively".

AC3 is literally one of the worst games I played this generation because I avoid wasting my time and money on shitty games and I usually have a pretty good sense of what to avoid or wait for reviewers I trust to cover them before I decide to buy them.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By gogosox82

@oraknabo said:

@gogosox82 said:

@scampbell said:

The title of the thread is fine. There might be worse games out there, but did you play them all? The thread title specifies games you've played not "worst game of the generation, objectively".

AC3 is literally one of the worst games I played this generation because I avoid wasting my time and money on shitty games and I usually have a pretty good sense of what to avoid or wait for reviewers I trust to cover them before I decide to buy them.

I still think its a bit much to say AC3 is one of the worst games of the generation. I would call a bad game for sure, but worse of the generation? Nah, that's kind of crazy to me.