Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#151  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

GTA 4..... I'm sure it's not the worst game I've played, but probably the most disappointing... I'm not even sure why really; I just couldn't bring myself to keep playing it every time I tried. I felt bad for not agreeing with GTA 4 being that I'm Bosnian/Serbian, which is what the game alludes Niko's ethnicity is... which really should've grabbed my attention more but STILL failed to do so...

Backbreaker was a breakthrough for sports games and really brought about an effort of change to EA... that said it's terrible and the only reason I got it was because I'm in it... To this day I still haven't had the patience to go through and unlock myself...

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
  • Neverdead
  • Sonic 06
  • Two Worlds
  • History Channel Civil War ( I played this during my achievement phase just for the easy 1000)
TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Kingdoms of Amalur : An absolute bore-fest. Open world game mixed with poor story. Bore shore ahoy.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron : Another bore-fest. Repetitive and stupid combat, zero characterization, pointless story. Even the visuals are so-so. Only the 2D areas have good art.

Shift 2 : Awful driving mechanics, awful tracks, awful AI.

Gran Turismo 5 : "... I want everything to be perfect", says Kazunori Yamauchi quite pompously in a behind-the-scenes video in GT5: Prologue. If GT5 is his idea of perfection then I feel quite stupid in buying this turd of a game. The man and his studio have no clue of resource management. 6 years and they come up with this?

Dishonorable mention to Demon's Souls. There's nothing mechanically wrong with this game but the depressing tone, dreary environments and constant back tracking make it quite boring for me.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

You want to talk about bad games? Then how about Bomberman: Act Zero?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@hollitz said:

Overall, I'd say this gen had much fewer disappointments than the previous. But:

Enslaved, SIlent Hill Downpour, Halo 3, Deadly Premonition, Braid, Bastion.

Sorry if my opinion is shitty :/

So you base your dislike of video games on how much the internet likes them?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkerace: You can't have that many "worst games". It's supposed to be one or two REALLY bad ones, not mildly bad ones. Plus several of your games, while yuo might not have liked them, saying they're bad is just objectively wrong.

I think you're fucking with us and I don't like it.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Whitestripes09

I stayed away from a lot of the really shitty games, but I really really disliked Far Cry 3. The dubstep, the broness, and the terrible almost borderline racist voice acting of the "natives" really made me want to finish the game and even then the ending was terrible... I guess the gameplay was one step ahead of Far Cry 2, but for some reason I liked it more. Just seemed more believable and interesting.

Dark Souls for whatever reason didn't catch my interest as much as Demon's Souls did. I think it was the poor optimization of it on the PS3 that made it nearly unplayable in areas and boss encounters. Is the PC version any better?

All of the need for speed titles except for probably hot pursuit were pretty bad. I do like the whole tuner scene, but I feel that NFS took it to fast and the furious status in past titles. Plus I got my fix of cars with Forza and Gran Turismo.

I feel like I fell for a scam with Terraria. Multiplayer wasn't that smooth and then ontop of that they stopped cranking out new content? Gee that lasted long... Isn't minecraft still posting game changing updates?

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@arbitrarywater:

Nah, I just know that a lot of people like those games and I'm self-deprecating in the comment so that people don't feel the need to take me to task on the subject of taste.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

People saying disgusting things about Enslaved, L.A. Noire, Eternal Sonata need to GTFO with their wrong opinions.

I'm with you on Enslaved and L.A. Noire, but Eternal Sonata can suck a bag of dicks. That game and it's characters have all the charisma of a pus-weeping sore. It's only redeeming quality was the battle system, and even that got super repetitive later on. Anyone thinking of playing it should save themselves some money and a whole lot of time and just listen to some Chopin instead.

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By Hawkerace

@clonedzero said:

@hawkerace: You can't have that many "worst games". It's supposed to be one or two REALLY bad ones, not mildly bad ones. Plus several of your games, while yuo might not have liked them, saying they're bad is just objectively wrong.

I think you're fucking with us and I don't like it.

"Worst games you've played this generation"

Said games are the worst games I've played in this Generation. I range that from 2005 till around now. Didn't know there was an in-thread rule book of only posting one or two games maximum.

Did you even read OP's post? Name some .. either disappointing or bad (to you). You don't see me getting assmad cause some people don't like GTA IV.

I encourage you to play some of those games. They're are all equally shitty in their own respective manners, unless you mean the very few AAA titles I've mentioned. Thats purely subjected to my own tastes and personal disappointment. I could go in more detail but I highly doubt you'll read beyond your own words anyways. Get your salty attitude out of here regardless.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A lot of games people are suggesting just sound like games they were disappointed with. That or they are incredibly careful consumers.

Any here are some games I'd say fit the bill:

Monkey Ball Banana Blitz and Step and Roll: Both hilariously bad in the mini game mode. Play Red Light Green Light and you'll know what I mean.

Sonic 06: Really people bash the game because of Youtube videos and the like, but actually playing you will be so baffled as to how something like that gets released.

MoH: Airborne: Campaign was so bullshit. Had some fun with multiplayer but the game has like 3 maps and 5 guns.

INCOMING: The fact that it's a Wii-Ware game should explain it all but seriously look up gameplay of this.

Deal or No Deal DS: I watched the TV show occasionally so I downloaded it for my R4 and was just blown away. And by blown away I mean my DS launched a toxic fart which melted my face off.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#162  Edited By Addfwyn

Generally I know myself well enough to not pick up a game I don't like, but the one notable game I can think of is Dragon Age: Origins. I think I managed to play it for maybe two hours before I gave up.

I picked it up cause of great reviews from reviewers I normally trust, but didn't expect it to be such a pile of garbage. Blank slate main character means no notable character development, which is probably one of the most important things to me in video games. The rest of the story would have been interesting if I had never read a fantasy novel in my life, but since I have it is the most stereotypical high fantasy storyline I have ever seen. I think I should have trusted the fact that, for me, WRPGs are about the most boring games on the face of the earth. Interesting, given that JRPGs are my favourite genre.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This generation was my first console generation since the SNES. I was PC only previously.

• Metal Gear Solid 4 - my first MG game. Did not care for it. Discovering that I do not like essentially all japanese games I come across.
  • Dante's Inferno - also discovered I do not really like Beat'em'ups or what ever this and GoW are called
  • Homefront - dear god
  • Dead Space Ignition
  • Aliens vs. Predator - no wonder this was like 1$ on Steam
  • SimCity - sadly, so bummed out by this I can not even describe it
Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wuddel said:

• SimCity - sadly, so bummed out by this I can not even describe it

Sucks to see how far it has fallen. A few friends of mine who swore by it so early don't ever touch it and now have come around to the whole "what it could have been". I guess they can say the genre is dead. Another ten years of Sim City 4 and mods it seems :(

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hawkerace: Tropico seems to be ok. But I never liked its "setting". Tropico 3 and 4 lie dormant in my Steam account so far.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F.3.A.R but I still finished the damn game.

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wuddel said:

@hawkerace: Tropico seems to be ok. But I never liked its "setting". Tropico 3 and 4 lie dormant in my Steam account so far.

Well if you want this guy's opinion, I really enjoyed both Tropico 3 and four. Think of it as a micronation, or a city state more than anything else. It's a bit grindy and tedious. Less of a city sim and more of a maximize profits and kill dissent simulator. Pretty cool. The in-game scenarios/"campaign" is pretty fun and unique. El Presidente is dope too.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Killzone 2 - I contols like liquid poop, and just about everything about it is unlikable as poop too.

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down Sonic the Hedgehog, it was one of the first games I bought for the 360 and it was one of the shitties games I have ever played. Absolutely horrible game and I don't know how the hell Sega thought it was a good idea to release it in the shape it's in.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By MrHadouken

Far Cry 2, fuck that shit!

AC3, I absolutely hated everything about this game and what it attempted.

The more I think about it... Metal Gear Rising.

Halo 3.

Brink.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down Sonic the Hedgehog, it was one of the first games I bought for the 360 and it was one of the shitties games I have ever played. Absolutely horrible game and I don't know how the hell Sega thought it was a good idea to release it in the shape it's in.

Yeah, Sonic 06 is rather universally reviled. I fortunately stayed away from it thanks to seeing a trailer and going, "What the... wait, huh? This is a Sonic game? Why is... whaaat?"

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was hoping people would share their tales of playing the absolute worst this generation had to offer, but it turns out that people are just here to complain about all the games they didn't like. Predictably, this has turned into yet another of those "games you personally found to be disappointing" threads.

You want the worst games of this gen? How about Tenorman's Revenge, Steel Battalion, Hour of Victory, Motion Sports, Sonic the Hedgehog, Back to the Multiverse, Rogue Warrior, The War Z, or two-thirds of the shovelware that came out on the eShop? Those are some truly terrible pieces of interactive entertainment, and I'd like to know who here has played through those games and lived to tell about it!

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Bell_End

Lair

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince said:

Some of these games people are listing are blowing my mind.

Same. But people saying good games are terrible for shock value is nothing new.

Way to write off any differing opinions as existing only for 'shock value'.

Anyways, the only game I regret buying (at full price, at least) this gen is Hitman: Absolution. Such a letdown compared to Hitman 2 and Blood Money.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Probably Dark Souls or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ..

I kid I kid!

I think that honor goes to the very first game I got with my new Xbox 360 which was Fracture - that wasn't a very fun or good game. A friend of mine that worked at Gamestop said he could trade it in for me for free and get me another game so I said sure, anything. He brought me back Dead Space which at the time I wasn't interested in at all because I don't like jump scare games or survival horror - then I played it and it became one of my top favorites of this entire generation.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I just name the Wii in its entirety?

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revelations 2012.

Yeah, I actually played that dreck.

I thought it would be amusing in an ironic sort of way. It wasn't.

VirtuaGrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By VirtuaGrant

Dead Island and Assassin's Creed 3 were a real chore to play through. Least enjoyable games I've played in years.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@fourwude said:

People saying disgusting things about Enslaved, L.A. Noire, Eternal Sonata need to GTFO with their wrong opinions.

I'm with you on Enslaved and L.A. Noire, but Eternal Sonata can suck a bag of dicks. That game and it's characters have all the charisma of a pus-weeping sore. It's only redeeming quality was the battle system, and even that got super repetitive later on. Anyone thinking of playing it should save themselves some money and a whole lot of time and just listen to some Chopin instead.

During the final cutscene, I just left the room and let it play out. The end was just pure nonsense. Reminds me of Magna Carta 2 though, which I shamefully completed just for the achievements. About halfway through the game I just started skipping every cutscene and all dialogue. Forgot to put that steaming pile on my list. Fucking nightmare of weird Korean-ified anime style poorly rendered in the Unreal Engine. Fuck that game was so abysmal. At least Eternal Sonata looked pretty and was solid for a while.

rittsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading the lists of games people have made just made me think of how long this generation has gone on for...

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hollitz: What didn't you like about Bastion?

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Probably Duke Nukem Forever, i dont know what i expected...but it wasnt what i got. It started off well enough, i actually enjoyed the first level but after that it all fell apart for me, i dont believe its an aweful game but it was the worst i personally played.

Sonic 2006 and Sonic Unleashed are some pretty terrible games too, i just dont understand who they where trying to target with them, Sonic 2006 just being slightly worse since you literally fell through scenery, got stuck in weird camera glitches and i even fell through the floor a bunch of times.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By SaFt

There's a lot of games that were disappointing, but as for worst?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
Bomberman Act Zero

Can't really come up with any more than that.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kayne and Lynch 2, the presentation is terrible. And the part where they are both terribly cut up and naked made it so i couldn't look at the screen (the way they are cut up on the back and shit really made me uneasy)

Brink, it is just a mess of a game.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Sursh

no order:

• damnation!
  • far cry 2
  • modnation racers
  • duke nukem forever
  • final fantasy 13
  • heavy rain (because it wouldn't fucking work! it freezes everytime i open up crime scene, and takes 10 minutes to load up. i re-installed everything dozens of times and still the same result, i even replayed the entire game up to that part. and the same copy worked fine on my friends console. extremely unhappy with that outcome.)
  • brink
  • wall-e the game
  • naild
  • juiced 2
  • borderlands

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#188  Edited By mosespippy

@flappy said:

@mosespippy said:

Brutal Legend and Nier. And I forgot Frogger on PSN even existed until it got mentioned in this thread. You can get all the trophies in that in under 20 minutes, which is about as long as I played that game.

I swear, there's always that one guy that calls out Nier. What do you have against greatness, sir?

Where to begin? Lets start with the quest design. It's as original as, "bring me 10 mutton," or, "bring this letter to the next town over." Dude works at a post office; that's his job, not mine. The quests are chores that simply exist to make the game longer. That certainly doesn't help when the lack of areas makes the game feel small, with only three dungeons, three open combat areas and five towns. All that time is spent covering the same ground over and over again because the total area is so small. The fast travel doesn't help either. three of the towns can't be fast travelled to directly. You need to take the ferry service first and then the desert shrine or boar based fast travel to get you to where you wanted to go. The desert shrine fast travel doesn't even get you directly from the ferry to the town either. It's a sizeable walk to the shrine from the ferry and from the shrine to the town. It's like the game doesn't respect the players time.

Which brings me to four endings. Endings A and B don't need to be separate endings. They can exist at the same time. There is no reason to play the entire second half of the game again for ending B. Ending B happens when ending A happens, they just don't show it to you with ending A. That's a big waste of the players time. Ending C and ending D are different, but again, there is no reason to replay half the game for them. They can both include endings A and B. It's a giant waste of time. It should be a choice your first time through the game between getting ending ABC or ending ABD since those are the only two different endings.

Also, it was ugly.

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Nivash

I haven't really played any games this gen that I didn't like. Seriously. I think some of it is due to me apparently being highly susceptible to the sunk cost fallacy with stuff I buy (I'm pretty much always satisfied with my purchases) and seeing how games are subjective, I have no intention of "fixing" it and getting some better taste at the expense of being pissed off half the time.

Technically the worst game I've played this gen should be Perfect Dark Zero. But I got that one at launch and despite thinking at the time that single player lost track somewhere after act 2 and that multiplayer was pretty lackluster I had a good time with it. It was a pretty good looking game to me back then, being the first game I got for the 360, even compared to PC games.

It's still a game I have no intention of ever really going back to. It has not aged well graphically. Gameplay-wise it improved almost nothing from Perfect Dark for the N64 but somehow had worse level design. Compared to shooters released post-Modern Warfare the controls are abysmal. There's no other way of putting. They are both inaccurate and unresponsive. A lot of games pre-MW had this issue, even good ones like Rainbow Six: Vegas, but PDZ was easily the worst offender.

The controls for Perfect Dark on the N64 was actually better thanks to much more intuitive, if somewhat excessive, auto-aim. Rare just didn't get the 360 controller at all.

JED_BARTLETT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By JED_BARTLETT

I've played some real stinkers, only got myself to blame.

But my personal favourite bad games are,

Walking dead Survival Instinct, what can I say ? It was hideous,an abomination of a game.

Couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Turning Point Fall of Liberty. Words don't do this one justice.

Hour of Victory. Lol what can I say.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#191  Edited By GeekDown

It might be Hydrophobia, that game just sucks. Luckily I got it for pretty cheap. I regret buying Tron: Evolution too. It looks good, but I thought it was boring as hell.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@you_died: except I didn't do that. People always list excellent, beloved games in these threads because they either played no bad games this generation or they're attempting to troll.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Stranglehold, The Bourne Conspiracy, both Kane & Lynch games

Stubstub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Stubstub

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, they should have stopped at 1 with that series.

sonicrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know people love it shit on it, but Haze really was that awful. I hosted a Shitty Videogame Day in March and picked it up used for $5. We played about 20 minutes of co-op, but had originally intended to play some 4 player online multiplayer before finding out the servers had been taken down. I've played games like Doom 3 where the co-op skips bits of the story, so I don't know if that was the case here, but shit, this game just dumps you in and starts telling you to do drugs without context. It's pretty fucked up.

Bad game. Many of us saw it coming, but I do feel sorry for anyone who paid $60 for it, as well as for EB Games for that satisfaction guaranteed, full money back offer they held with Haze that we will never, ever see again.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biggest disappointments:

PS3: FF13, Haze

Xbox 360: Too Human

PC: Dragon Age 2, Sim City

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#197  Edited By Sergio

In terms of bad: Homefront.

In terms of disappointing (overrated): Fez.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#198  Edited By Jeust
  • Clive Baker's Jericho
  • Bullet Witch
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metratron
  • Dragon Age: Origins - average, just average.
  • Mass Effect - ditto

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Scampbell

This thread should have been called most "subjectively disappointing games". Then It might have been interesting.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Alone in the Dark, anyone?

Holy crap, that game was this gen! Well that's gonna be on my loooooong-ass list of games. I gotta try to remember them all. I know I bought Stalin Vs. Aliens at one point and was VERY REGRETFUL OF THAT.