Worst line of dialogue in a video game ever??

• 89 results
Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ares42

All your base.... ?

not only because it's a terrible translation, but also because of it's completely overused memeness.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Joeyoe31

I had to stop playing Vesperia for a week.

EDIT: My embedding didn't work for the exact time. 3:07 is the part I'm talking about.

TheStimpinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheStimpinator

@connerthekewlkid said:

ILL JUST GIVE YA 50

#27 is my personal favorite

I am beyond happy someone posted this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh, I don't know. Here's a man doing face acting to several candidates.

Now bear my arctic blast!

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By AssInAss

@Brodehouse said:

Oh, I don't know. Here's a man doing face acting to several candidates.

Now bear my arctic blast!

I was waiting for this!

Anyone making fun of the Far Cry 3 enemies doesn't get it, it's intentionally funny. I love the line "Fuck. This. Heat!"

And:

"It's so hot out here, someone just fucking shoot me"

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Hunter5024

There was one that stuck out to me in the Neverdead quick look recently: "As you know, I'm not an immortal like you are." As someone who tries really hard to write cool stories I've found one of the most difficult problems is trying to naturally weave exposition into the narrative without boring the reader, and this is one of the most blatant cases of characters explaining in world information simply for the benefit of the audience that I've ever seen. It literally reads like a textbook example of what not to do. I've noticed this very same thing a lot in foreign games, I wonder if maybe it's the translators fault or something.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Baillie said:

@Yummylee said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Yummylee:

Sounds more like an audio glitch.

Obviously it was intended to be Jill sandwich, but even in the proper game it sounds much more like jiggle or gerbil sandwich, so that's how I've always recognised the line.

I think it sounds like he says Jill, you're just crazy. You're mistaking a laugh midway through the word with something else.

In Yummylee's defense, the first and every time I hear that line, I hear it as "gerbil sandwich". Considering future references and the context of the line I'm sure he meant "Jill sandwich" but it could just be misspoken, an audio glitch or something else.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58  Edited By PandaBear

For the record, Metal Gear Solid is my favourite series. But I was playing MGS4 last night and it has that flashback quote where Snake is talking about Master Millar and says "there's no-one else I'd rather have in a fox hole". Made me laugh.

The best/worst/best lines I can recall are in God Hand.

The first 30 seconds are what I mean. The best part is you have just as much context as I did the first time I saw this ... The game just starts. No real explanation.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#59  Edited By Little_Socrates

"The standard Ottoman hook blade has two parts, you see. The hook and the blade." -Yusuf, Assassin's Creed Revelations

GEE, THANKS, YUSUF. I DIDN'T KNOW THE HOOK BLADE WOULD HAVE A HOOK AND A BLADE. CHRIST.

At 0:45, for reference.

Obviously, it's probably not the "worst line of dialogue in a video game ever." But, well, it is what immediately comes to mind.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By ReyGitano

It's too bad that people, myself included, gave Mass Effect 3 such a hard time. It draws away from the real issues, like this little gem.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

"..."

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I only know about this thing from YouTube, but there's one interaction in Castle Shikigami 2 that is fucking awful.

"No. I like girls, but now... it's about justice."

@Yummylee said:

I guess there's nothing especially standout in Silent Hill, it's mostly the voice acting that's hilariously bad.

I agree. To this day my favorite thing to say when people are acting like complete doofuses is to just walk around saying, "Cheryl?"

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yummylee said:

Probably something from the very first Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Gerbil sandwich; master of unlocking; it's a weapon, it's REALLY powerful, especially against living things ect. ect.

Also:

I'm quite a big fan of "It's... blood."

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HH

i could do a top ten and they would all belong to commander shepherd. i find it disconcerting that there are threads on here giving out about tiny tina, a throwaway, jokey, hit and miss, who-the-fuck-cares, in-the-game-for-five-minutes character, yet none complaining about the bizarre mix of high minded moralizing pretentiousness and unbelievably dumb exposition delivery that pours unneccesarily out of this doofus's piehole. and i had to be this asshole for three friggin games.

alcor741

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By alcor741

Also:

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By PolygonSlayer

"This guy are sick" from FFVII is one of my favorites, not sure if it's the worst ever, but I love it. ^_^

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JoeyRavn
baconbutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By baconbutty
@HH

i could do a top ten and they would all belong to commander shepherd. i find it disconcerting that there are threads on here giving out about tiny tina, a throwaway, jokey, hit and miss, who-the-fuck-cares, in-the-game-for-five-minutes character, yet none complaining about the bizarre mix of high minded moralizing pretentiousness and unbelievably dumb exposition delivery that pours unneccesarily out of this doofus's piehole. and i had to be this asshole for three friggin games.

"i've had enough of your disingenuous assertions!"
Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By Giantstalker

Not the worst, but certainly the most frustrating is in World of Tanks when your crew says...

• We didn't even scratch them!
  • We didn't penetrate their armor!
  • We've just dinged them.

In a close battle, the inconsolable rage from hearing these can be mind-bending. Some of the only times I've ever yelled at the screen, has been because of this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15a9c63664d
deactivated-5c15a9c63664d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "You did it!" at 7:51 makes me crack up every time.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Capum15
@Brodehouse: Holy crap, those face acting videos were even more hilarious than the base audio. And really well done, too.

@connerthekewlkid: #1 (Legend of Heroes: Dragon Slayer) was amazing. Martian Gothic something was also pretty great.

Can't really think of anything that hasn't already been said though.
Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ReyGitano said:

It's too bad that people, myself included, gave Mass Effect 3 such a hard time. It draws away from the real issues, like this little gem.

LOL, "oh shit Im hit" ship crashing on fire "im alright!"

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By zeushbien

This one really stood out to me when I played the demo of Just Cause 2.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By superfriend

@Twinsun said:

This one really stood out to me when I played the demo of Just Cause 2.

Fuck yeah! I think this game sorta does that on purpose, as every single guy/girl talks like hes on drugs or something.. but it´s still so baaaad. All the faction stuff in Just Cause 2 just makes the game worse.

The Farcry 3 thing others have mentioned.. I think it makes a lot of sense for Jason to be quoting Kill Bill. Such a douchey thing to do, it actually fits his character.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By insouciant

A line by Leon in Resident Evil 4:

"I'm sure you guys didn't come all this way to sing cumbaya by some boyscout bon fire. Then again ... maybe you did."

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freddie Prince JR Mass Effect 3 every time I see his character I kept waiting for him to say she's all that.

tarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By tarvis

Hi. "My name is Buck..." is actually a line spoken by Robert Englund in Eaten Alive. The line in Kill Bill is a reference to that. Because that's what Quentin Tarantino does. References things.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#78  Edited By ProfessorEss

Probably Otacon's whole Blu-Ray speech from MGS4.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Wampa1

@insouciant: The twist is they did. All those people you murdered were just an innocent church group.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Baillie

@eroticfishcake said:

@Baillie said:

@Yummylee said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Yummylee:

Sounds more like an audio glitch.

Obviously it was intended to be Jill sandwich, but even in the proper game it sounds much more like jiggle or gerbil sandwich, so that's how I've always recognised the line.

I think it sounds like he says Jill, you're just crazy. You're mistaking a laugh midway through the word with something else.

In Yummylee's defense, the first and every time I hear that line, I hear it as "gerbil sandwich". Considering future references and the context of the line I'm sure he meant "Jill sandwich" but it could just be misspoken, an audio glitch or something else.

It's a laugh/snigger half way through the word Jill! NOTHING ELSE. YOU'RE ALL CRAZY.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By hermes

This is one of those lines that is so cheesy that it goes all the way around and becomes awesome.

Starting at 00:34

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#82  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Yummylee said:

edit: Oh, and everything in Valkyria Chronicles, too. Both the writing and the characters are so bad that it would at times ruin the entire game for me.

I've started playing the second game again, and I've been told that it makes the writing and characters of the first game look brilliant by comparison. Every single line of dialogue is cringe-inducing in its overt anime-ness, which sucks because there's a lot of dialogue. I've also been told that the third game actually doesn't have that problem as much, which makes it being Japan-only more of a tragedy. Either way, the gameplay is good enough that I will continue to play.

As for the worst line of all time, everything spoken in House of the Dead is probably the correct answer, though I am still partial to the Jill Sandwiches and "I like girls, but this is for justice!" of the world.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83  Edited By TheHBK

Too much shit from Sonic Adventure.

"Oh no, our weapons are useless."

"Watch out, you're gonna crash........ ahhhhh!"

Pretty much this whole fucking game.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By renmckormack

FATHHHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Its the pinnacle, for me, of over wrought Resident Evil schlock AND I LOVE IT SO HARD

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superpope said:

Wow. Figured this one would have made it in here by now:

What a shame.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Wampa1

Just started playing Dungeon Siege II and wow. That's some terrible VO right there.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Ubersmake said:

@superpope said:

Wow. Figured this one would have made it in here by now:

What a shame.

The line delivery in Deus Ex is bad but that's part of why I fucking love it. Favorite game ever made.

I never played it but that last Star Ocean game wins this I think for basically every line I've heard from it. This one is pretty awesome though and it has to have been posted (not reading this whole thread):

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Scrawnto

@tarvis said:

Hi. "My name is Buck..." is actually a line spoken by Robert Englund in Eaten Alive. The line in Kill Bill is a reference to that. Because that's what Quentin Tarantino does. References things.

The worst part is, Jason the character probably thinks it comes from Kill Bill too.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#89  Edited By jaqen_hghar

A lot of... good stuff(?) here already, but I feel I have to put forth Limbo of the Lost as well. Most of the dialogue seems cringe worthy. Though, not sure if you can call it just one game, seeing how most of it is stolen from other games and such. And no, I haven't played this myself, but I swear I found a decent Let's Play of it a few years ago. But I couldn't find that one now, so guess the trailer will have to do: