Would any Europeans be interested in a late-night stream that you might be able to watch?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I've been mulling over the idea of doing a stream for a bit at, say, midnight pacific, which ought to be morning time for most Europeans if my math checks out. Nothing too crazy, maybe just do some Magic matches with community members or try something Community Co-Op wise that some of you might be awake to help out with. Let me know if that's something that might be interesting and I can try to figure something out, although it might be easier to do something late-night on a Friday or Saturday.

Mortimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm up for anything that gets me more livestreams. That said, GB's usual streaming hours mostly line up with mid to late evening time for central Europe, which to me is the perfect time to catch streams live anyway.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MerxWorx01

@rorie: I know this is for Europeans but I just wanted to point out that depending on which country in Europe you might be in, if you were to do streams at twelve you might be doing it for people who are currently at work. For example I live in California and all live streams more or less occur during work hours. I will say though that if you do midnight streams that might work for night owls like myself.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically a breakfast stream. Sounds good to me, considering I suddenly find myself to be an early bird lately that spends that time in front of the computer having my first coffee and waking up at that time.

l2GrainBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently working from home in Asia, and would LOVE this. Thank you for considering it, @rorie!

scorchedair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost never watch anything live so I guess I don't care. Will just check the recordings when it suits me.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Midnight Pacific is about 8am for me in Ireland and we're basic at the closest timezone for Europe. I'd happily watch some chill MtG breakfast stream.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sounds good, it would be nice to be able to watch something live

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I do love the acknowledgement of the EU crowd.

But for most Europeans, I think the current streaming times are just fine. There will probably be a couple of people who'd be very happy with this, but I think a majority would sooner stay up til or past midnight to watch something, rather than watch streams in the morning.

It would probably work best for people in Asia or Australia... and of course Europeans that have mornings as their viewing time. If you want to do something for them, then that's great. If your goal is to reach as many Europeans as possible, though, your lunchtime is probably the best time slot.

derFeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current streaming schedule is perfect for me personally (CEST time)

Streaming usually starts around 6pm my time and ends midnight.
This way it's perfect for live watching and catching up as well.

Pnutz83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

I've been mulling over the idea of doing a stream for a bit at, say, midnight pacific, which ought to be morning time for most Europeans if my math checks out. Nothing too crazy, maybe just do some Magic matches with community members or try something Community Co-Op wise that some of you might be awake to help out with. Let me know if that's something that might be interesting and I can try to figure something out, although it might be easier to do something late-night on a Friday or Saturday.

I would love it. Would be great to wake up to.

cat-elemental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@derfeef said:

Current streaming schedule is perfect for me personally (CEST time)

Streaming usually starts around 6pm my time and ends midnight.

This way it's perfect for live watching and catching up as well.

Yeah for the most part it works pretty well, but I often miss at least the last bit and when they run later (like I think all of Ben's Fallout streams). I'd definitely enjoy a morning stream but it's gonna have less viewers for sure. But as a once-per-weekend event I think it would be worth a try.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't mind if it's lower viewers! I'm going camping this weekend but maybe I'll try for next!

jondan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm about to move from Europe back home to Australia in a couple weeks, and never feel short on streams so whatever whenever, it's all good 👍

ClintDriftwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

From the UK, much of the schedule is pretty handy. I'm working from home so can easily switch from finishing work at 5pm GMT to watching streams (which is when the daily content starts for me). It is the later ones that sometimes are a bit difficult to catch - but then I easily just watch the archive.

Tbh I'd wager us in Europe get the best of it really, as many American viewers are probably working while many of them are on, and Asian viewers asleep.

It's brilliant from you though @rorie to consider us, and it is greatly appreciated. In terms of content, some of Ben's Fallout streams or Jeff's solo Trackmania would be a great one for us to wake up too at Breakfast time.

harperdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the idea to think outside the box for time zones! It's definitely appreciated.

Midnight PT is about 6 pm / 5 pm for Australians, 4 pm in Japan, China and Korea, and earlier in the afternoon working west from there (through SE Asia, India, to the Middle East, etc). Would try to catch stuff live at that time if possible, but to be honest, I don't derive a ton of enjoyment from watching live -- it's a nice bonus, but I'm used to catching things 'on tape' after the fact. Working from home means more is possible now, though!

Rohsiph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The streaming schedule is pretty much perfect in NL, similar to UK I think--starts after work hours and wraps maybe a little later than I should go to bed, but I'm an adult and can turn it off if I need to get up earlier the next day.

Starting a stream a little earlier to hit 'early afternoon' in EU could be neat, but not at the cost of anyone's health if they usually aren't active at that time. I can't speak for SEA folks, but they'd probably benefit most from a stream that starts later in the US.