Would Anybody Go For A Daily Endurance Run If It Was Like This?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy

The staff playing really short games, like an hour or so long. Like Beat em' ups, shoot em' ups, or other games with similar lengths. I did enjoy that semi-ER that was Bad Dudes, it'd be great to have more stuff like that. It'd also be a good way to shed light on beat em' ups that have not been as popular like a Final Fight or Streets of Rage like game such as Undercover Cops or Violent Storm.  

I know what you're saying: "What the FUCK do you mean daily?" I mean , like once a week maybe? And have each episode be hosted by a different team. Hopefully my dream team - Ryan Davis and Matthew Rorie - will do an episode. After being so disappointed by he last ER (Patrick Klementia ruined it.) it seems like a good idea to make up for those sad fans.  Also, if Patrick Klementia and Patt Sessler are apart of one episode, I'm not watching. 

What are your thoughts?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

You mean like Random PC Game? Or Load Our Last Save?

dbol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dbol

I don't think you understand the purpose of an endurance run.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that's not an Endurance Run.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By landon

I like them playing long games and getting attached to characters. Watching them play a 3 hour beat 'em up once a week with nothing visually interesting to watch would get boring.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@Landon said:

I like them playing long games and getting attached to characters. Watching them play a 3 hour beat 'em up once a week with nothing visually interesting to watch would get boring.

I don't think it would get boring if the right people are doing the episode. The Chrono Trigger ER was boring because of you know who...........
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Landon said:

I don't think it would get boring if the right people are doing the episode. The Chrono Trigger ER was boring because of you know who...........

I don't know who. Which person didn't know where to go when they'd already gone there in the previous episode?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

I thought his name was Patrick Klepek?

And what's so wrong with him? Maybe I'm just not picky or something, but there's no one on the Giantbomb staff that I strongly dislike.

Also, your idea is horrible as far as I'm concerned. An Endurance Run is supposed to last for a while, otherwise there's not much of an endurance aspect to it. What you're talking about is better delegated to a Quick Look, though the games in those are not actually meant to be beaten.

Honestly, I'd most like to see an Endurance Run of a game that's more a cult classic and the staff haven't ever played before. Kind of like the games done thus far, they do those kind for a good reason.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

Great, Endurance Run Suggestion Threads Are My Favorite.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@Dagbiker said:

Great, Endurance Run Suggestion Threads Are My Favorite.

And this one is the best one!
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By landon

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Landon said:

Even if it was the dream team that is Vinny and Jeff, I wouldn't even be watching them play the game since A: it has no story and B: you are doing the same combo attack.

Not to mention that actually playing a beat 'em up for long periods of time can get super boring from the repetition, so even our hosts moral will drop causing them not to be entertaining.

I think a lot of the entertainment that comes from an ER is from them absorbing the story and meeting new characters.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InsidiousTuna

Become a premium member. Vinny and Dave's Random PC Game feature is one of my favorite thing on the site, and it's pretty much exactly what you're asking for.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dagbiker

There also arnt enough short games for a daily endurance run. Also no. Also your Idea is bad.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SSully

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Landon said:

Fuck you and your subtle insult to Patrick. Patrick is easily one of the best parts of this site, and you are an idiot if you think other wise.

Patrick Defense Force.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dagbiker

@SSully said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Landon said:

Fuck you and your subtle insult to Patrick. Patrick is easily one of the best parts of this site, and you are an idiot if you think other wise.

Patrick Defense Force.

The Irony is he was talking about Ryan. (Twist)

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By RedRoach

Endurance run.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By VisariLoyalist

not like this...

edit: Patt Sessler?! Are you serious... It's Matt Kessler. I'm now proceeding to reject you as a person.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SSully

@Dagbiker: I definitely didn't see that coming!

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
I'm sticking by my idea because it's a good one. You can't stop me, I'm bulletproof!

@Video_Game_King:  
It's not about following the samething that you see in every ER, it's about quality. And That man's quality sucks.

@SSully
Well it seems like you and your defense force have bad taste. I hope your Klementia taste sour!  

@Landon:
 I don't believe you. If my wishes were to happen, you'd be there on day one getting naked and yelling "hooray!"
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klementia?  That's fucking weak.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More like Patrick Klepoop right guys?! Jesus...

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@ModerateViolence said:
What does Jesus have to do with anything?
The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@Brodehouse said:
Klementia?  That's fucking weak.
Yeah, he is weak.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By JasonR86

I think it would make more sense for a shorter game. Maybe 10-20 hour long episodes.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The segment shall be dubbed "Take a Lap"

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#26  Edited By Little_Socrates

I disagree with literally everything you've so far said here,

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@WilltheMagicAsian said:

The segment shall be dubbed "Take a Lap"

Wow, you really do have magic! 

You know what, fuck it, have it be a spin-off of the ER called what you named it. If a spin-off of TANG can happen - WU-TANG - then this can happen.
The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@Little_Socrates said:

I disagree with literally everything you've so far said here, @The_LMFAO_Guy. Also, don't you dare start suggesting Endurance Runs already. It's been a week.

Also, flagging this for excessive badmouthing of Patrick because this topic you've created already seems more geared toward dissing Patrick and his fans than anything else.

Well it hasn't been a week for me as I didn't watch the ER after the first few minutes of the first episode. As I said, it was disappointing.

Opinions are opinions, cowboy. I don't like that guy so get use to it. And nobodies badmouthing me? HA! Isn't that hypocritical?  
Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pezen

I am starting to get why the staff is (or seems) tired of the ER nonsense from the community.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ducksworth

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@ModerateViolence said:

In the past this word "Jesus" appended to the end of a sentence or question was often used by Christians as a way of asking the higher power of their belief system to assist them during a time of great frustration or hardship. Using the name of Jesus Christ in such a manner is currently somewhat common in North America, certain parts of Europe and possibly Australia, this is most likely due to the predominantly Christian history of the countries. I believe Mr.Violence was just expressing his (or possibly her - but lets be serious) disdain for some of the opinions found in this discussion but it would be incorrect of us to assume that Mr.Violence is religious as many Christian practices have also become a cultural item.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By jorbear

Patrick Klepek is a true man.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By landon

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Little_Socrates said:

I disagree with literally everything you've so far said here, @The_LMFAO_Guy. Also, don't you dare start suggesting Endurance Runs already. It's been a week.

Also, flagging this for excessive badmouthing of Patrick because this topic you've created already seems more geared toward dissing Patrick and his fans than anything else.

Well it hasn't been a week for me as I didn't watch the ER after the first few minutes of the first episode. As I said, it was disappointing. Opinions are opinions, cowboy. I don't like that guy so get use to it. And nobodies badmouthing me? HA! Isn't that hypocritical?

How can you judge the entire ER by the first few minutes of the first episode? Me thinks that your hate for Patrick is a little much...

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ducksworth said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@ModerateViolence said:

In the past this word "Jesus" appended to the end of a sentence or question was often used by Christians as a way of asking the higher power of their belief system to assist them during a time of great frustration or hardship. Using the name of Jesus Christ in such a manner is currently somewhat common in North America, certain parts of Europe and possibly Australia, this is most likely due to the predominantly Christian history of the countries. I believe Mr.Violence was just expressing his (or possibly her - but lets be serious) disdain for some of the opinions found in this discussion but it would be incorrect of us to assume that Mr.Violence is religious as many Christian practices have also become a cultural item.

This is posting.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Grillbar

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

The staff playing really short games, like an hour or so long.

like random pc game, load our last save, and to some degree QL/this is.
i think you might wanna use the words endurance run very carefully since this can tick of alot of people, even if your really not talking about it in the sense... fuck it i cant articulate it in a way that makes sense right now

and keep this in mind im not saying this to be an asshole but if you want more content there is chance that if you get what you want it will end up being quantity instead of quality.
just go back and watch some of the how to build a bomb or some of the old endurance runs there is 280+ episodes that will shut you up for a few months

Gringus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gringus

If you're going to rag on Patrick at least do so in a constructive way. Otherwise there's absolutely no point other than bloating your self worth, which really has to be minuscule if you have to resort to hating on people and in the end just makes you look like a dick.

Now your idea I like, but not as an endurance run. As others have pointed out, that would go against the purpose of an endurance run. I do think it would be cool to see a series that would be like endurance run in the fact that they would beat the game, but games that are very short.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By rjayb89

Tetris would be perfect for this!

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MethodMan008

I don't think you understand what an endurance run is.

Also, how do you really feel about Patrick?

Honestly, it seems he is in a majority of quick looks and other features now a days.. If you cant stand Patrick there are plenty of other gaming sites out there.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

If it doesn't come on the side, I send it back.

Seriously, what a tool. Assholes alike you are why the Happy Hour died. "OH I DON'T LIKE THIS ONE BIT OF CONTENT so fuck it".

Also I don't think I'd enjoy that much, mostly just because the genre would get stale and boring about instantly. And why did you say daily if you meant weekly?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hatking

Patrick is a Jurassic Park fan. You make bad suggestions and half-assed insults toward people you don't really know.

Patrick wins.

The_LMFAO_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_LMFAO_Guy
@Landon said:

How can you judge the entire ER by the first few minutes of the first episode? Me thinks that your hate for Patrick is a little much...

He's all over a bunch of QLs, so I know enough. I don't like him.

@MordeaniisChaos said:

Seriously, what a tool. Assholes alike you are why the Happy Hour died. "OH I DON'T LIKE THIS ONE BIT OF CONTENT so fuck it".

No Caption Provided

@HatKing said:

Patrick is a Jurassic Park fan. You make bad suggestions and half-assed insults toward people you don't really know.

Patrick wins.

Psst, you call yourself a hat king? And at least I'm not a full ass.
iPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iPliskin

These e-white knight fruitcakes fapping over Klepek are just pathetic, GTFO and go party with him at The Castro instead of having homo-erotic wet dreams about him.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By swoxx

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah, that's not an Endurance Run.

Indeed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ducksworth said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@ModerateViolence said:

North America and Europe are not countries, man. Jesus.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@S0ndor: But they are made up of countries with a history of Christianity and that is clearly what he meant in that post.

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PolyesterKyle

I think you should be a little easier on Patrick. He may not be goofy lovable fun like some of the other staff members, but he's a man to you know, he goes pee pee standing up.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kaiserreich said:

@S0ndor: But they are made up of countries with a history of Christianity and that is clearly what he meant in that post.

I have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to people referring to continents as countries.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

@Landon said:

You just single-handedly destroyed your own thread.

No Caption Provided