"You gay fag" The kids behind the microphones

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Cramsy

As some of you guys might know, I work at a game shop in Australia (creatively called GAME) while I'm studying my Journalism Degree full time. I'm often exposed to tons of interesting people, for better and worse. Most of the time it's just 19-25 year old guys with their girlfriends browsing, the dad with the kids and wife agreeing to "meet him back here" is also another popular customer. There is (with every retail job) the angry mum and the snot nosed- little shit of a kid who gets whatever he wants by whining hard enough.  

Yesterday, as I worked through my 3-9 shift, this group of 11-12 year old kids came in and for fuck sake...you know those kids who scream and swear on Xbox Live/PSN/Steam? Yeah, they're like that in real life as well.  

As they went around the shop touching displays and messing up the games (which I have no problem with, they're kids after all) some of the shit that came out of their mouths was just fucking terrible.  

"Bioshock 2? thats a fucking shit game for pussies, I was waiting for the girl to give me a blowjob hahahahah" 
"OMG NAUGHTY BEAR this bear kills shit n stuff, ill give you a blowjob if you get that game man!!"  
 "The PS3 has internet on it so you can go on redtube on the big screen *giggle like little girls*" 

So, the mum comes in from another shop carrying a bunch of bags and stands with the boys as they decided which game they wanted.  

"How about this one?" said the mum as she picked up the On Sale Mirrors Edge 
" Shutup mum, you don't get to talk in here" 
The mum just turns around and smiles at me as if to say 'Oh those boys :-D'

I stopped paying attention and served and greeted a few customers and the kids and mum came up to the counter with a copy of Bioshock 2 (Rated MA in Australia, the highest our shitty rating system goes at the moment) and I say to the mum "Is it ok that this is MA?" which she replied "he gets whatever will shut him up" and again, I got the 'those boys of mine hey ? :-D!!' smile.  

The mum pays for the game and leaves the shop.The kids stay behind to see if they can annoy me by asking if I was gay or if i thought they were attractive.  

Anyway, this is a call out to anyone that works in retail, any similar stories? and do you think the age of saying stuff you would only say on the internet in real life is upon us?

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cramsy

As some of you guys might know, I work at a game shop in Australia (creatively called GAME) while I'm studying my Journalism Degree full time. I'm often exposed to tons of interesting people, for better and worse. Most of the time it's just 19-25 year old guys with their girlfriends browsing, the dad with the kids and wife agreeing to "meet him back here" is also another popular customer. There is (with every retail job) the angry mum and the snot nosed- little shit of a kid who gets whatever he wants by whining hard enough.  

Yesterday, as I worked through my 3-9 shift, this group of 11-12 year old kids came in and for fuck sake...you know those kids who scream and swear on Xbox Live/PSN/Steam? Yeah, they're like that in real life as well.  

As they went around the shop touching displays and messing up the games (which I have no problem with, they're kids after all) some of the shit that came out of their mouths was just fucking terrible.  

"Bioshock 2? thats a fucking shit game for pussies, I was waiting for the girl to give me a blowjob hahahahah" 
"OMG NAUGHTY BEAR this bear kills shit n stuff, ill give you a blowjob if you get that game man!!"  
 "The PS3 has internet on it so you can go on redtube on the big screen *giggle like little girls*" 

So, the mum comes in from another shop carrying a bunch of bags and stands with the boys as they decided which game they wanted.  

"How about this one?" said the mum as she picked up the On Sale Mirrors Edge 
The mum just turns around and smiles at me as if to say 'Oh those boys :-D'

I stopped paying attention and served and greeted a few customers and the kids and mum came up to the counter with a copy of Bioshock 2 (Rated MA in Australia, the highest our shitty rating system goes at the moment) and I say to the mum "Is it ok that this is MA?" which she replied "he gets whatever will shut him up" and again, I got the 'those boys of mine hey ? :-D!!' smile.  

The mum pays for the game and leaves the shop.The kids stay behind to see if they can annoy me by asking if I was gay or if i thought they were attractive.  

Anyway, this is a call out to anyone that works in retail, any similar stories? and do you think the age of saying stuff you would only say on the internet in real life is upon us?

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

You can't see me right now, but I'm currently wearing an expression of horror (with a twist of disgust) on my face.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

You should have hit those kids.  Right in the face.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mylifeforAiur

It's bad parenting. No twelve year old should speak like that, I'm eighteen and I don't even speak like that. Fortunately enough I've never ran into any children like that ;)

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DystopiaX
@PeasantAbuse said:
"

You should have hit those kids.  Right in the face.

"
Forget that, smack that bitch who let them get away with that crap. Then punt the kids into the street. 
edit- also, for when you inevitably encounter them on the internet, mute them. I have met so few decent people on Halo 3 that I just get into a party before I play any multiplayer. If none of my friends are on, or they're all doing single player stuff/not in parties, then I get into one by myself. It's like an easier way to mute everyone I'm playing with.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ArchScabby

Yo bro I'm sorry, me and my friends will try not to upset your gay ass next time we're in your gay store.  Next time we come in you can just give me a blowjob.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainCody

You COULD have banned them from the store in a really condescending way without being a dick about it to avoid a douche boss.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

That was a funny read. 

Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Sorrowsan

wait isnt bioshock 2 a "shit game for pussies"? surprised they bought it after their friends expert critique
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ch13696

You should have done one of these things. 

-Tell the lady that you don't have the game. 
-Sweet talk the kids into giving you their Gamertag and post it online for everyone else to harass 
-Tell the kids that you're not gay. Followed by you will soon meet their Mom after work to give that bitch the best beating of her life in her fartbox.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Don't you have the right to refuse service?

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ravenousrattler

sounds like someone needs to do some parenting with the back of her hand

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Ace829
@Cramsy said:
That was painful to read. I could imagine it being 10 times worse coming out the mouths of 12 year old boys.
Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cramsy
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" Don't you have the right to refuse service? "
Yeah we do but it was getting kind of busy and I really didn't want an angry mum holding up the line. If they pull this next time though.. 

@PeasantAbuse
said:
"

You should have hit those kids.  Right in the face"

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pinworm45
@Lemoncookie01 said:
are you being serious?
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lemoncookie01
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Lemoncookie01 said:
are you being serious? "
What?.It's a good question.
karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By karneh
I used to work at gamestop. While I never saw anyone really "express" themselves that much in the store, I could still easily identify the kids behind the microphones.

Also,

@Cramsy said:

So if he bought that game, he will watch his friend give him a blowjob.

Completely understandable, yes.
FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By FireSketch
@ch13696: You had me at "fartbox". 

Also, addressing your question, I don't think talking like you do on the internet is going to spread out of the 10-15 age group. Now; do you think I'm attractive? Because if you say no, you're gay.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@ch13696 said:
"  -Tell the kids that you're not gay. Followed by you will soon meet their Mom after work to give that bitch the best beating of her life in her fartbox. "
You sound as dopey as those kids. 
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By meteora

Yeah, I have a feeling that the internet has just about fucked up those kids minds.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mariek430

Further reinforcing my hatred for children, they should be locked up in a  small room until their 12, then shipped off into a hole in the ground.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ch13696
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @ch13696 said:
"  -Tell the kids that you're not gay. Followed by you will soon meet their Mom after work to give that bitch the best beating of her life in her fartbox. "
You sound as dopey as those kids.  "
If you can't beat them, then join them.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ch13696
@MAN_FLANNEL: Actually, scratch that last post. It's fight fire with fire.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pinworm45
@ch13696 said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL: Actually, scratch that last post. It's fight fire with fire. "
You gunna fight terror with terror? You sure you're playing for the right team, son?
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By meteora
@Mariek430 said:
" Further reinforcing my hatred for children, they should be locked up in a  small room until their 12, then shipped off into a hole in the ground. "
While we may this solution attractive in our fantasy, it obviously isn't practical. There was this one rare and unique case where a kid was shut in a room until that age. The kid didn't know how to speak and had very limited social communication skills.
fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fentonalpha

The way i see it.... if i spend $8-15 whatever bucks on xbox live or the sort, with money i worked for, i deserve a "ban this bitch-ass kid" button that i can push... why?  It should be a bannable offense to play M-Rated games if you're underage.  And as far as real life.... rules are rules but the way i see it.... if your balls have dropped and theirs haven't you deserve the right to kick them up into their throat.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fentonalpha
@Meteora said:
" @Mariek430 said:
" Further reinforcing my hatred for children, they should be locked up in a  small room until their 12, then shipped off into a hole in the ground. "
While we may this solution attractive in our fantasy, it obviously isn't practical. There was this one rare and unique case where a kid was shut in a room until that age. The kid didn't know how to speak and had very limited social communication skills. "
Truer words have not been typed on this site.  That is a very good point.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By meteora
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CowMuffins
@fentonalpha: I'm not going to sit here and say I never played an M-Rated game before I turned 17, because I would be lying. But I can assure you that I never talked like those kids did online, and still don't talk like those kids online. Should it be bannable that someone under the age of 17 is playing an M-Rated game? No. Should it be bannable that kids are talking like that to others online? Most certainly.

That's the problem with games that have peer-to-peer hosting. Unless you're playing a game like L4D where you can vote-kick people, you can't get rid of kids like that.
fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fentonalpha
@Meteora said:
" @fentonalpha: Thanks, though I think I took the guy too seriously, since this is the internet. 

In case anyone was wondering who I was referring to, I was referring to this kid. "
Whoops.... i totally misread your comment.... i thought you were implying that the kids in the gamestore where basically locked away infront if their xbox's and did not develop any social skills.   My bad... sleep deprived.
fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fentonalpha
@CowMuffins said:
" @fentonalpha: I'm not going to sit here and say I never played an M-Rated game before I turned 17, because I would be lying. But I can assure you that I never talked like those kids did online, and still don't talk like those kids online. Should it be bannable that someone under the age of 17 is playing an M-Rated game? No. Should it be bannable that kids are talking like that to others online? Most certainly.  That's the problem with games that have peer-to-peer hosting. Unless you're playing a game like L4D where you can vote-kick people, you can't get rid of kids like that. "
If you had asked me when i was under age i woulda said no... but now i am old, jaded and bitter.  Ban em all to hell i say.
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CowMuffins
@Meteora: There was a girl in Russia who was literally raised by dogs. They found her last year...
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By meteora
@fentonalpha said:

" @Meteora said:

" @fentonalpha: Thanks, though I think I took the guy too seriously, since this is the internet. 

In case anyone was wondering who I was referring to, I was referring to this kid. "
Whoops.... i totally misread your comment.... i thought you were implying that the kids in the gamestore where basically locked away infront if their xbox's and did not develop any social skills.   My bad... sleep deprived. "
Hahaha, I guess everyone doesn't agree with how I think. =P 

But yes, your metaphor is just about what seems to have happened to these kids. 

@CowMuffins said:
" @Meteora: There was a girl in Russia who was literally raised by dogs. They found her last year... "
Yeah there's several cases of those. There's a list of feral child (kids who were raised without adult supervision) on Wikipedia with feral childs raised from dogs, wolves, apes to even goats. Pretty disturbing once you start to read more about feral child and shit, really.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm i might spell it mom

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By scarace360

i woulda killed the kids.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ch13696
@fentonalpha said:
" The way i see it.... if i spend $8-15 whatever bucks on xbox live or the sort, with money i worked for, i deserve a "ban this bitch-ass kid" button that i can push... why?  It should be a bannable offense to play M-Rated games if you're underage.  And as far as real life.... rules are rules but the way i see it.... if your balls have dropped and theirs haven't you deserve the right to kick them up into their throat. "
You should have to be able to put in your birthday in Xbox Live. That way if you're playing a rated M game online then it will stop you.
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Devil240Z

You really cant blame the kids. Its their parents. Granted its harder than ever to stop kids from getting their noses into fucked up shit on the internet. I mean when I was a kid I ran around outside or played super nintendo. The internet was barely even a thing back then. 

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mariek430
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By meteora
@Devil240Z said:

" You really cant blame the kids. Its their parents. Granted its harder than ever to stop kids from getting their noses into fucked up shit on the internet. I mean when I was a kid I ran around outside or played super nintendo. The internet was barely even a thing back then.  "

Yeah. I'd also like to point out that the parent generation doesn't know very much about computers and the internet, so its a bit hard to block off sites like 4chan or some other site. 

Though as a counterargument, they need to check on their kids more often when they're on the computers. However since most families now have both the mom and dad working, the children of the new generation has so much more free time on their own hands. It doesn't take too long for them to stumble into the depths of hell that is the internet without adult supervision. 

@Mariek430 said:

" @Meteora said:

Yeah...I wasn't be serious. I just don't understand how parents can raise their children to be such intolerable idiots. "
Of course I know you're not serious, this is the internet. I was probably acting too serious on my end. 

There's sometimes just bad parenting that leads to the children we have today, and just some social, media and technology changes that have changed the behavior of children (as exampled in the quote above this)
DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By DocHaus
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" You can't see me right now, but I'm currently wearing an expression of horror (with a twist of disgust) on my face. "
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By Sooperspy
@ch13696 said:
" @fentonalpha said:
" The way i see it.... if i spend $8-15 whatever bucks on xbox live or the sort, with money i worked for, i deserve a "ban this bitch-ass kid" button that i can push... why?  It should be a bannable offense to play M-Rated games if you're underage.  And as far as real life.... rules are rules but the way i see it.... if your balls have dropped and theirs haven't you deserve the right to kick them up into their throat. "
You should have to be able to put in your birthday in Xbox Live. That way if you're playing a rated M game online then it will stop you. "
That would never work. The kids would just put a fake birthday.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ch13696
@Redbullet685 said:
" @ch13696 said:
" @fentonalpha said:
You should have to be able to put in your birthday in Xbox Live. That way if you're playing a rated M game online then it will stop you. "
That would never work. The kids would just put a fake birthday. "
Then they should put that new crap toy to use and have it scan ID's. If you don't have an ID then you're shit outta luck. Go get one.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By penguindust

"How about this one?" said the mum as she picked up the On Sale Mirrors Edge  

BAMM!  A week later the kid wakes from a coma, the heel of his mother's shoe still embedded in the side of his skull. 

Kids today have no respect.  That's why beating your child in public should not only be legal, but encouraged. 
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bybeach

Stop blaming the paraents,..well mabe not for everything. I'd give them an adjusted discount in really grasping the situation. But they will, oh they will. Some of them will anyways. Meanwhile their kids are miles ahead on the 'we know wuts we wanr' and they are doing it. Like you all did. Like I did many years ago. But yeah still, mabe way worse these days. Mabe.

It's not that parents are clueless, but sometimes they just wish they could be . Just doesn't work though with some little pricks.. oh did I say that? They will always run with the ball, a determined faction Well. it's mabe complex mabe why kids trip on the stuff they do, and the parents arn't there for it. Welcome to how it always was.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#45  Edited By Icemael
@Cramsy said:
""How about this one?" said the mum as she picked up the On Sale Mirrors Edge 
"Shutup mum, you don't get to talk in here"'"
That right there warrants a slap. And not a gentle, loving slap, but the kind of slap that says "there's a lot more waiting for you when we get home".
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Shadow

the faces of 4chan

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By cstrang
@mylifeforAiur said:
" It's bad parenting.  "
It all comes back to the old "video games are corrupting our children" argument.  It's not the M(A)-rated games' fault the retard parents buy them for their stuck-up little 12 year-olds.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@fentonalpha said:
" The way i see it.... if i spend $8-15 whatever bucks on xbox live or the sort, with money i worked for, i deserve a "ban this bitch-ass kid" button that i can push. "
Well there are obvious problems with this plan. It would be a hell of a lot of work to check out every single ban request and it would obviously be abused by the very idiots it's trying to prevent, but yes it would be extremely satisfying.
Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Soulglove

Oh, those Australians! Seriously parents, and overall people, need to stop being too nice. Either the kids grow up too nice and avoid issues, or they cause issues. There are tens of millions of people who are either too weak or jackasses thanks to the lack of parenting. Honestly, I didn't think it was a worldwide problem, maybe it isn't.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DrPockets000
@fentonalpha said:
" @Meteora said:
" @Mariek430 said:
While we may this solution attractive in our fantasy, it obviously isn't practical. There was this one rare and unique case where a kid was shut in a room until that age. The kid didn't know how to speak and had very limited social communication skills. "
Truer words have not been typed on this site.  That is a very good point. "
Yeah but...isn't that the point?  It's very practical if you don't want a kid like that. 

Kidding. (sort of) 

I also work in a store that sells video games.  I've never had any kids like that before but it's been close.  Same kid came in the next day and wanted my help with something, so I just told him I would be there in a minute and never went over there.  The store is big enough that I was able to avoid him.