You Should Upgrade To Premium During The Sale Because...

• 60 results
Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You'd be supporting a great site. But what are your good selfish reasons to do it?

Mine is that Danswers is the hidden gem of GiantBomb.com, and has to be experienced.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I won't tell people how to spend their money because that's a personal thing, but for me if you look at the hours of entertainment per dollar, it's well worth it. I'm happy to support the site and hope that by doing so it enables them to keep doing what they do.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

You get an absurd amount of good stuff, from the videos to the podcasts to the badge by your name.

Do it, do it.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to gift a year of premium to a friend that would like it.

Can't, for the life me, figure out if there's a way, or if I just have to give him the money.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helps that it's $35. I'm all set till Oct 2017

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to resubscribe because most of the premium video content these days is now mostly just new games. I miss stuff like Bradley May Cry or his Doom runs. I don't know, I may resubscribe for Demo Derby alone, but I do wish we had a bit more of it (along with Old Games Show, where did that go?).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@adequatelyprepared: Jeff talked about bringing it back, probably not til after game of the year, however.

Old Games Show is super good. Looking forward to more Ranking of Fighters, too.

SlamTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SlamTime

Duders, been a GiantBomb fan/lurker for a full year and finally signed up for Premium. I love these guys enough that it's worth supporting the site even if I don't use much of the premium benefits. But who am I kidding, I want in on UPF.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@slamtime: Welcome! You're supporting an awesome site!

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By spiceninja

Dun did it my dawg.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Because one has not truly lived until they spend hours watching Brad and/or Vinny slamming their head against walls trying to beat games

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By davidh219

I probably wouldn't have started paying if youtube had as much stuff that matched the quality of content here. I really appreciate the production values (especially audio), the fact that the majority of content is more than one person and often three or more (that's something that's really lacking on youtube), and the fact that the duders are industry professionals in their thirties. Just really adds a level of maturity that 99% of random youtube goobers can't touch. Most of them just try too hard to be funny/entertaining rather than interesting and act like they're afraid to stop talking for two seconds which makes them exhausting to watch. I really like game informer's super replays for the same reason.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Metal Gear!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a great time to get this if you're in the UK as the normal $15 gift for the store isn't included and is useless the rest of the year (as P&P is so high!!@rorie).

£22 isn't much for a year of this;

Loading Video...

I'm good until 2018.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By burgavo

any way to get in on this with a paypal membership? the link at the top of the page sends me to billing but doesn't give me an option for paypal just creditcards.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn.. i hope this sale goes until next week..

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Its a great time to get this if you're in the UK as the normal $15 gift for the store isn't included and is useless the rest of the year (as P&P is so high!!@rorie).

Loading Video...

I'm good until 2018.

Yep, still have banked a discount code from some time ago (one day I may even use it and eat that shipping charge, maybe wait another couple of years for some new designs to cycle into the store). I know not much can be done as everywhere in the US charges $10+ just for shipping on t-shirts to Europe. Best I've seen is $7 shipping (but I'm not sure if that artist was making a loss on the shipping to help out getting their stuff to people outside their local market) or combining shipping (my last from TopatoCo was 4 t-shirts for $20 marked as USPS International First Class).

As for recent new Premium must-see shows... GBE Playdates are essential and VinnyVania is pretty good. Oh, and the Alt-F1 track walks. And all the ongoing shows are still great. But new members should definitely check out the Crusader Kings II and Until Dawn playdates; @austin_walker bringing the Stream Friends expertise/patter to the shores of GB East.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Loading Video...

I'm good until 2018.

creeper cam is truly the real secret reason we all sub

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Corvak

Who remembers the 'call the red phone' perk from old whiskey media? Never had the guts to call it.

utamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By utamaru

I dunno I have been doing this for too long, I just pay the bills like a sheep. It's basically my cable bill?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a year of content, less than the cost of a video game that will last a day to a month. I never thought i would pay for something like this, but i watch it a lot mostly from an android app so if they ever took that away i would probably not renew.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a premium subscriber, this is the most value price point.

A+ would pay again!

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I became premium, i became a better person. I had better snacks, lost weight and saved money cause i watched games instead of buying them. Thanks Danswers!
A++/10/10. Would do it again. Highly recommend.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Honestly, I barely take advantage of the premium content, I just don't have the time to keep up with this site's free stuff, let alone bonus content. BUT, I'm glad to subscribe because this is one of VERY few sites on the internet I'm willing to support monetarily. These people are doin' the lord's work.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I subscribe solely for the Powerbombccast

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this thread an ad?

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By myke_tuna

I pay to support and because I'll go through stretches where I'm constantly watching Netflix or constantly watching Giant Bomb videos. Right now, it's Netflix, but I'll come back here and go through everything I've missed until I head back to Netflix to catch yet another show everyone says I should watch. And even without the sale price, Giant Bomb is actually much cheaper than Netflix per month anyway once you do the math.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By rorie

@burgavo said:

any way to get in on this with a paypal membership? the link at the top of the page sends me to billing but doesn't give me an option for paypal just creditcards.

I think you'd need to ask @rorie.

We offer Paypal on the site but only for new subscriptions - this is just the way the new payment processor works. If you have some time remaining on your current sub, shoot me an email to support at giantbomb.com and I can cancel your current sub, let you hook yourself up via Paypal, and then extend you out to the time you were originally owed. Sorry for the hassle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Is this thread an ad?

Yes. GiantBomb is giving me a free unlimited subscription for making a thread about how worthwhile the premium content is. That totally fits with their behavior and ethos and is what is happening.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Bradbourne ever finish? I feel like that, Load Our Last Souls and Demon's Souls might be what I jump for.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I pay to support because this site cheers me up when nothing else seems to work. I don't want to turn this post into a sappy "What GB Means to Me" 8th grade paper but seriously I love this website and the people on it. I have laughed some of the hardest I have ever laughed in my life at moments in Unprofessional Fridays. I literally look forward to UPF about as highly as I do to watching Buckeyes games. Just as I thought that this year couldn't top some of the early-2013 and 2014 moments, the run of UPFs the last couple of months has been incredible. Between that, Vinnyvania, and the other Premium vids I really think the content GB provides is really diverse and been at it's best in a long time right now. The no-ads feature is nice too, but the Premium content is really worth it, and I'm happy to continue supporting them.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm buying on the sale because I'm a little bit strapped for cash at the moment. I normally get the fullprice sub because I'm doing it to support the site primarily.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#35 alistercat  Online

They don't want your money, they want your life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Did Bradbourne ever finish? I feel like that, Load Our Last Souls and Demon's Souls might be what I jump for.

He got the platinum. We'll see if he decides to do something with the DLC.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ry_Ry

At this price it's like $3 a month. I can't get this amount of good content anywhere else for that.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I snapped up annual premium status purely by accident. it was a "what happens if" scenario that resulted in a $33.05 charge to my card. (had like a day and a half left this month).

Best accidental money I've ever spent. I always preferred monthly because I felt like it was a more steady stream of cash for the site but that hot gold icon makes me think otherwise.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@skoot said:

Can't, for the life me, figure out if there's a way, or if I just have to give him the money.

I had the same problem; Rorie sent me to this link: https://auth.giantbomb.com/billing/gift#gb_yearly

Hopefully you see this before the sale ends!

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skoot said:

If you go here, there is an option on the right to purchase a gift code.

Skoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll get on this as soon as I'm able!

clovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably gonna skip out on this years sale since I'm good till august 2018

ryleknuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good thru 2018 but, I'll do another year for a poster signing? I was out of town for the last one and still regret it! I'll renew anyway but, thought it was worth a shot!

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's the only thing that is still able to make me happy.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I will!!! just waiting for the damn new credit card to get here, second time this year I lost my fucking card...

Been a yearly subscriber for like 5 years now, don't see that ever changing, can't really see my life without this website.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a lot of great premium series I dip into(Mario Party Party, Metal Gear Scanlon, Vinny Vania, etc), but I think Unprofessional Friday's is my most watched content on the site. I just love all the games they play. It makes for the perfect video to watch on a Saturday morning.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wolfgame

Because... Mario Party Party 6 will probably be soon!

Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After mooching off of this website for years, I finally decided to upgrade. It was well-overdue. He's to some new content to enjoy!

TheButcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the sale over? Price shows up as 49.95 to me.

vRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vRighteous

@thebutcher said:

Is the sale over? Price shows up as 49.95 to me.

Wondering the same thing. I clicked on the sale icon to extend my membership, but the price is showing up as $49.95 on the renewal page.