Your gaming wishes in a perfect world

• 81 results
Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@monetarydread: Gameplay-wise i would agree with you. exploring the overmap, finding weird locations, sidequests and new guardian forces is exciting. However i really liked the story premise of disc one. Having these PMC-schools rivaling eachother in this world that is a mishmash of magic and technology, going on squad based missions together. I thought that invasion in Dollet was amazing when i first played it.

An exciting overworld with side quests is something that can be different than the original and still be really good. The story however , it went completely off the rails after disc 2 imo.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Clean faces

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By stonyman65

Bethesda allows other developers to make an old-school isometric Fallout game, similar to what Inxile did with wasteland 2.

Bethesda fixes their shit and makes a new Elder Scrolls and Fallout game with a new engine.

Nintendo releases their entire back-catalog of NES and SNES games for the PC.

Netherrealm releases and un-fucked version of the first 3 MK games for consoles.

Capcom reboots Resident Evil, RE2 and RE3, and take the games back to their survival horror roots.

GSC Gameworld makes another STALKER game. Or they allow 4A Games to make one.

Prey 2 is a real thing.

Hideo Kojima tells everyone that this whole mess was a joke and he's actually still at Konami and is working on the real MGS5 and also doing remakes of Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, and Metal Gear Solid.

Rockstar decides to make Red Dead Redemption 2 and releases both RDR 1 and 2 on the PC.

Max Payne is reboot by Remedy.

More Rainbow Six games that stick to the original tactical style.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Darkstalkers 4
  • Dragon Quest Collection
  • Darkstalkers 4
  • Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Collection
  • Darkstalkers 4
  • Xenosaga Collection
  • Darkstalkers 4
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remake
  • Darkstalkers 4
  • Jet Set Radio Future 2
  • Darkstalkers 4
  • A new Advanced Wars
  • Darkstalkers 4

Darkstalkers 4

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By supermonkey122
  • Jak 4 and new Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog
  • Conker 2 by Rare and original team
  • Skate 4
  • Final Fantasy VII remake on one disc
  • Platinum Games Dragon Ball Z
  • MGS V if Kojima was given unlimited time and money
  • Konami not being so fucked up
ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That every game was written by Obsidian, QA'd by Nintendo and had the budget of a GTA.

chekhonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls with mod tools.

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• New STALKER game.
  • The staff of Creative Assembly gets decimated and they start making good, working-at-launch Total War games that aren't 80% DLC.
  • Rockstar stops making games that are set in the modern era.
  • Sleeping Dogs 2 (or just more open world games set in Hong Kong/China).
  • New Burnout game.
  • Paradox makes another grand strategy game set in antiquity.
  • Mount and Blade 2 is as great as 1.
  • Everybody agrees to stop using the word "alot" when they talk about games (and in general).
Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsMagicNeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Persona 3 gets ported to Vita with the 3D enviroments and epilogue of FES, and the combat and female protagonist of P3P (As someone who hasn't played P3 yet and now has to decide on which version to play, this would be amazing)
  • Telltale makes a new engine and actually makes an interesting adventure game
  • Prey 2
  • Publishers stop advertising DLC before a game is actually out
  • The Last Guardian is worth the wait
  • Nintendo's NX is backwards compatible with with Wii U, also features full Nintendo library in virtual console
  • The next Last of Us game doesn't include Ellie or Joel
Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Cagliostro88

-Way more experimentation and adult oriented approaches in game writing (especially in AAA titles)

-Bigger budgets for game writing

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By davidh219

As someone who has felt for a few years now like the game industry isn't making a whole lot of the kind of thing I'd actually like to play, I have a long list of wishes.

• Bethesda actually builds a new engine for the next Elder Scrolls so that their graphics, AI, and combat can actually be impressive again, like they were when Oblivion came out.
  • Elder Scrolls with Dark Souls combat.
  • Like many, I pine for a Kotor 3
  • Traditional open-world games get made 90% less often, and games with smaller, better designed worlds (Dark Souls) or mostly linear progression (Arkham Asylum) get made 90% more often.
  • Rocksteady makes another Batman game, but goes back to the formula from Asylum and ditches the open-world shitfest design they started with City.
  • Less realism and more surrealism in AAA games in general. Give me non-human characters. Place me in a fantasy world I barely recognize, or one that's a surreal abstracted version of real life. Tell me weird, complicated stories full of metaphor and personal interpretation.
  • AAA games with *gasp* inspired and creative art styles, instead of realism sims. No more Call of Duty-esque art styles allowed anymore. Ever. Only stuff like Darksiders, Okami, Valkyria Chronicles, Bioshock, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, or Mario Galaxy (or anything by Nintendo really. Their art styles are vastly superior in general).
  • More Nintendo first party titles.
  • Somebody to give Obsidian infinite money, time, and outside help--with no strings attached or micromanaging--so that they can make the best RPG ever (Kotor 3?).
  • A law that says sequels can only come out once every four years.
  • A law that says you can only produce three sequels in established franchises before creating a new IP, which resets the counter.
  • Suckerpunch makes a new Sly Cooper.
  • Naughty Dog makes a new Jak and Daxter.
  • Somebody makes a new Prince of Persia that's just as good as Sands of Time was.
  • A new Castlevania where you can whip in all directions like you could in IV.
  • More truly great metroidvanias in general. I could easily play five of those a year and yet they're as rare as eclipses. Has there even been a good one since Guacamelee?
  • More "art" games that are actually good like Journey, Flower, and Jazzpunk are
  • Doublefine starts making games that aren't just well-written, pretty, and clever, but that also feel great to play and have great mechanics.
  • Some company throws a pile of money at Kojima and says to make whatever the fuck new IP he wants to make.

TehFedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

A new Super Mario RPG game that somehow keeps the art style of the first one, I kinda love the way that game looks and everything else about that game.

Paper Luigi, which ends up being better than TTYD. They mentioned Paper Luigi in TTYD the toad kid said it would be cool IT HAS TO COME OUT SOMEDAY RIGHT?

Fallout 4 being more than just a fun game that I have a lot of problems with. Or at least Fallout 5 being unbelievable.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• A Firaxis made Jagged Alliance 3
  • No One Lives for ever 3
  • Demon's Souls PS4 and PC
  • Arcanum 2
  • A good new Master of Orion game
Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remakes of Shin megami tensei 1 and 2, and a new Raidou Kuzunoha-game for the ps4, maybe also a game where you play as Rei Reiho if I'll get really delusionally hopeful.

That you'll have one team-member from earlier games on your own team in persona 5, a'la persona 2. Meeting characters are also accepted, maybe not on the scale of P2 though, where you met every main character from P1. That could get a little forced.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Final Fantasy 9 on PC.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Teddie

I'm hoping that with this whole "the console generation jump is so minor this time" forces all the big developers to focus on better gameplay, systems, art design, story and characters, and just more experimental stuff in general, instead of continuing this competition of who can have the most graphics, the biggest map, and the most content to pad the playtime (no matter the quality). And that people actually accept that change instead of getting mad about graphical downgrades on internet forums.

It'll never happen.

Final Fantasy 9 on PC.

Also this.
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Female protagonist in GTA 6, or at least any protagonist in the next game not being a complete shit-heel.

More games with dialogue and story choices based on player input.

Shenmue 3 being a decent modern game that is engaging.

Better stories in narrative driven games, and gamers acknowledging that narrative based game need to have 'good' stories.

A category of Adult games that could be considered Triple-A (effort, backing) with an AO-Rated (mature content). Games of great quality in game play, narrative, and characterization that because of content are and must be considered AO.

Telltale games just making a big game. The conservative approach of hiding behind a gimmick forever shit has to stop. Make a big game, stretch your wings and stops milking small adventure games. Also, Dontnod just BEAT THE SHIT out of you in that format...it time to move on or get passed.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The population of earth decides console/brand wars are bloody dumb and starts simply posting about the things they love.

JamesGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JamesGoblin

@vocalcannibal said:
  • More female leads in games
  • More lesbians in games
  • Maybe if I wish hard enough Beyond Good and Evil 2 will either happen or people will stop talking about it and messing with my feelings :(
  • Remakes of Metal Gear 1 & 2 would have been nice but that's even less likely
  • Consistently good long hair, I'm stick of awkward-looking ponytails (Until Dawn's compromise where all the girls just had very cute hair styles was a good workaround)
  • I want the Paper Mario games to be good again, I hope Paper Jam isn't terrible
  • A good Animal Crossing spinoff game, because goddamn it that series has potential to expand and it's being squandered
  • Horror games that don't involve asylums
  • I don't know why, but I've been thinking that a new Left 4 Dead would be cool lately

Agreed with 1,2 and especially 5 <3

PS My greatest wish is for MMORPGs to start recovering both player and media wise - we are barely visible. And yes - we desperately need more Goblins! Goblins everywhere!

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Superman 64 was good

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

That Swery's games were best sellers

enemymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#75  Edited By enemymouse
  • Fewer and shorter cutscenes. Stop trying to be cinema!
  • Better plots and storytelling (or no story at all). Writers, stop hiding behind the medium as an excuse for bad stories with bad characters and plots! Hacks are hacks in any medium. No story is better than bad story.
  • No more encumbrance!
  • Option to replace voice-over with Animal Crossing text sounds.

I also second the suggestion of a Souls Monster Hunter. (Use Souls controls though, for the love of god). For PC please.

Topshelf211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Configure every Wii game to work with a standard controller and ban motion controls forever.

-General Chaos 2

-A good arcade racer on the PS4 (Motorstorm or Hydrothunder would be nice)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jec03: I like the idea of another Crysis and F.E.A.R. The first Crysis and the first F.E.A.R. are among my favorite shooters, as well as just some of my favorite games. The sequels ranged from okay to great as well, but aren't as good as the first games.

As for me, this basically comes down to the games that should get sequels but aren't, so Freedom Fighters 2, Republic Commando sequel, also, when it comes to favorite FPS', Chronicles of Riddick is alongside F.E.A.R. and Crysis, so I'd love a sequel to that and Dark Athena. There's probably a lot more, but that's what I'm thinking about right now. The Mass Effect trio with all DLC, and updated visuals and gameplay that make them all play and look consistent as if one large game would be cool too.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b01aaf1ac88
deactivated-57b01aaf1ac88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars KOTOR 3 for the Xbox One would be pretty high on my wish list.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A new Skate game but on PC and not published by EA.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Shindig

"Hi, we at EA Sports decided to team up with Konami to combine our presentation with their gameplay to develop the greatest soccer game ever. We also teamed up with Sports Interactive to get the most database (that's most - not most accurate) because we really feel the amount of teams Sensible World of Soccer had wasn't enough. The game is out now and is a platform. You pay £10 a year for seasonal updates.

There is a copy under your chair. And we love you."

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obsidian making AAA RPG's again, and not dumb World of Tank Clones. A Fall out New Vegas for 4 would be nice.

Burusu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sega releasing Vanquish, Bayo, and the Yakuza series for Steam, and since they've bought Atlus, get Persona series in there while we're at it...