Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Remedy buys back the Max Payne series from Rockstar

AAA PC exclusives make a huge comeback and PC graphics are pushed to it's fullest

Red Dead Redemption Remaster PC and the consoles

Silent hill 123 remade on the fox engine and comes to all current platforms

Crysis 4 PC exclusive that push not only graphics but bring backs the better gameplay from the original game.

F.E.A.R. 4 pretty much the same thing I said about Crysis 4

Half Life 3 gets released on steam one day with no announcements a holy shit moment in gaming.

Cyberpunk 2077 gets released next year

Full Backwards Compatibility on Oculus rift and HTV Vive no special third party drivers to pay for.

COD dies

Alan Wake 2 open world game with good variety and better combat

All MP games have dedicated servers and a server list.

Developers and Publishers can not show bullshots or do graphic downgrades anymore or they will pay a huge fine for false advertising.

Prey 2 gets released and it's even better then the original gameplay from e3 2011

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bethesda makes a Star Trek TNG game.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Onemanarmyy
  • AAA devs take more risks in their gamedesign.
  • Final Fantasy 8 remake happens. Disc 1 is the same. Rest of the story gets rewritten.
  • Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft port all their games to PC.
  • Ninja games are booming.
  • Shining Force is a big franchise, latest entry has over 100 unlockable teammates and three forms per character.
  • Blizzard makes Warcraft 4.
  • Brad wins the Windjammers International and becomes a millionaire in front of millions of fans.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Obsidian regains the Fallout IP.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By paulmako
  • People stop begging Giant Bomb to acknowledge The Witcher 3.
  • Nintendo releases an HD version of F-Zero: GX.

That's it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Spelunky 2

Vagrant Story 2

Streets of Rage 4

Sonic Racing 3

A way to have time stop while playing games so I can play them all while remaining a productive member of society.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

We get a ton back from our tax return and I can build my first PC with whatever the new nvidia card will be.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• More female leads in games
  • More lesbians in games
  • Maybe if I wish hard enough Beyond Good and Evil 2 will either happen or people will stop talking about it and messing with my feelings :(
  • Remakes of Metal Gear 1 & 2 would have been nice but that's even less likely
  • Consistently good long hair, I'm stick of awkward-looking ponytails (Until Dawn's compromise where all the girls just had very cute hair styles was a good workaround)
  • I want the Paper Mario games to be good again, I hope Paper Jam isn't terrible
  • A good Animal Crossing spinoff game, because goddamn it that series has potential to expand and it's being squandered
  • Horror games that don't involve asylums
  • I don't know why, but I've been thinking that a new Left 4 Dead would be cool lately
Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ezekiel

The video game industry crashes so hard that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo go out of business, along with all the money hungry third party publishers and the ESRB and all those other dangerous parental groups with their worthless ratings that encourage censorship. When the industry finally picks up again a few years later, publishers stop focus testing and "manufacturing" games, sequel after sequel of borrowed ideas, instead letting developers make the kinds of games they want to make. Developers stop envying cinema and realize the full potential of games and interactive storytelling. New control schemes are invented for a single platform on which all the hardware manufacturers and developers can freely compete.

seamuspaxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By seamuspaxman

An RPG to come out with:

• Mount & Blade combat
  • An engrossing story with interesting, deep characters (with character development) in the vein of a Bioware game.
  • City building with towns growing based on the resources around them.
  • NPCs that do dynamic, daily activities that actually contribute to a town/city's development.
  • Acorns can fall off from trees and turn into more trees based from where they fell and rolled down.
  • Ships and naval combat with a deep economy system that allows trading between ports that pretty much plays like Blag Flag as you sail between cities and towns.
  • Can become a mayor of a town and engage in a civilization-like diplomacy between other cities/towns.
  • Can wage war and sieges in 500+ unit battles.
  • Run a business/farm and tend to crops that works a lot like Harvest Moon.
  • The game looks absolutely beautiful yet also run on decent computers.

Or for Rockstar to make an open world, sci-fi action rpg. I'd be super curious what they could do with that premise.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheat codes.

Demos. (Don't give me this paid alpha/beta bullshit)

Games that accept they are games and play with the medium they're in. Too many games strive for realism. I want to jump over building in a single leap, gravity should be my bitch. I want chaos. It's a medium where you can do anything and yet all I see is a striving for a bland mirroring of reality. Get more creative people!

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My perfect gaming world fantasy is that Star Citizen would be everything it's trying to be and then some and it's the only game I need to play for the next 20 years.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every game ever to be released on the pc, legally.

The time to play all of the good ones.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By BoOzak

I share your sentimenants about PC gaming, i've got the cash but I just cant justify spending so much money so my console orientated games can look and play alittle bit better. I got my first gaming rig around 2004 (Far Cry, Doom 3, Painkiller, Half-Life 2) and I feel like that spoiled my expectations of PC exclusives.

That being said there are games coming out (some recently) that really feel like they pushed this generation of consoles beyond there limits. And that's a shame.

Anyway, I just want games development tools to be comepletely idiot proof. Sure it's a hell of a lot easier than it used to be but it's still beyond my feeble brain. I want Mario Maker levels of user friendlyness. I dont care about profiting on making games I just want to do it because I think it would be fun. (again if the tools wernt such a hassle) And I think if that were the core reason most games were made this medium would be much better off.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ezekiel

@boozak said:

Anyway, I just want games development tools to be comepletely idiot proof. Sure it's a hell of a lot easier than it used to be but it's still beyond my feebal brain. I want Mario Maker levels of user friendlyness. I dont care about profiting on making games I just want to do it because I think it would be fun. (again if the tools wernt such a hassle) And I think if that were the core reason most games were made this medium would be much better off.

Me too... I've spent over two years (Not that regularly, but often for hours at a time.) thinking of ideas for a game, but the software out there is just so overwhelming and complicated that I don't want to bother making it.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Nintendo becomes a third party publisher.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Publishers give players the choice of physical or digital release, on as many platforms as they can feasibly put the games on, with no bullshit (1-week DLC exclusivity, timed exclusivity, retailer-specific pre-order bonuses, "Season Pass discs", et al).
  • Video game enthusiasts try on a little empathy and patience, both when it comes to dealing with developers and publishers, and when dealing with other game enthusiasts about what games and platforms they like and how they wish to purchase and enjoy games.
  • Developers can make games that explore a wider range of stories, characters, and settings without people accusing them of somehow plotting to destroy video games.
mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyria Chronicles gets a PC port...

Oh. Wait.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about graphic options on the consoles? I will actually turn some settings down from high or ultra to allow for a 60 fps experience on my PC. Why won't they let us do this on consoles?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher lets you fiddle with motion blur and stuff.

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Money to buy games, and time to play them. These two things seem to be mutually exclusive.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

These aren't in any particular order, just as they came to mind:

1. Proper manuals make a comeback.

2. Tales of Vesperia gets remastered for current gen

3. A new X-Wing or TIE Fighter game.

4. Obsidian learns how to QA their games properly

5. EA releases all of the devs it's bought from the gulag.

6. A new proper Command and Conquer game

7. Warcraft remake

8. Someone other than Squeenix gets the Final Fantasy license

9. David Cage stops making games

10. No more Call of Duty

11. FFXII remaster

12. Konami corporate HQ burns down. It's executives die a slow, agonizing death underneath a pile of semi-molten pachinko machines.

13. UbiSoft gives up the Heroes of Might and Magic license to someone who gives a damn.

14. Assassin's Creed takes about 3 or 4 years off

15. Blizzard takes over producing Destiny

16. Congress outlaws DLC and microtransactions

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Suikoden 6 is a thing that exists and it is awesome.

That is all.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Legacy of Kain comes back

Nintendo makes proper Mario and Metroid games again (and throws that Smash Bros nonsense in the gully)

Square Enix remembers how to make a good JRPG

WipeOut and Burnout are still a thing

Everybody acknowledges that Frequency was better than Amplitude

And like others have said, I have time to play all these games.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Other M was made in teamwork with Platinum instead of Team Ninja

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. A proper superhero game

2. It's illegal for games to have yearly releases

3. Microtransactions are illegal

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Hand 2

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2
or
A Bethesda open-world RPG without the jank, with quests written by Obsidian and Bioware combined and combat from Platinum.

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By grapesoda

Dave Mirra freestyle bmx 3 (a proper version not just the gba game)

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every game to come out on the PC.
Killer7 HD.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By HH

i would like bullshit dlc to be put in a separate directory in online stores so i don't have to scroll through it to find actual dlc.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Colony024

More, and better, localizations of children's games (to Dutch in my case) so that I can buy more games as a present for my little nephew!

edit:

@goonage said:

2. It's illegal for games to have yearly releases

3. Microtransactions are illegal

I'd let both of those slide if we can just make it illegal to ship broken-ass games with day-one patches bigger than the games themselves.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Theme Hospital 2 happen and a sequel to Chris Sawyers Locomotion (the sequel having the same or more business aspects like Transport Tycoon had with the building tools Locomotion had).

Another Grand Prix game from Geoff Crammond would be pretty awesome to see. The simulation model and the whole package with Grand Prix 4 was really amazing, so that on newer consoles/PC would probably be the best F1 game out there.

A lot of other great suggestions above, such as Half Life 3 and Sonic Racing 3 (the second game was really good).

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another No One Lives Forever game

No more season passes

No more microtransactions in full priced games

No more games launching in a broken state

The death of VR

A proper KOTOR 3

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new rollercoaster tycoon game that is great

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

In order:

1. Homeworld 3, by much of the original team and it's also 100 hours long to complete.
  2. KOTOR 3.
  3. The Division is released and is as good as I wanted it to be, also has very little microtransaction bullshit.
Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a game like Mass Effect or The Walking Dead, except your choices actually can DRASTICALLY change the game, rather than the minor changes that occur in both of those games. The only game that kind of came close to this was The Witcher 2, with its second act being completely different depending on who you side with in the first act, but I would want the entire game to be like that. Have it so there are some areas you will never see unless if you make different choices, make it so any character can die depending on how you play, and so on.

Other than that though, eh, I'm pretty cool with games in general. I guess it would be nice for gaming to have a more PC oriented focus again, but I'm fine playing on consoles too.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I want an exciting and fun "The Flash," game that is not lego. Please and thank you. Also, FFXII remaster like, soon, would be greaaaaat. Thanks.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#38  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

A world in which Sentient was hugely influential in the late 90's, and that 17 years later games would now have iterated on and perfected it's dialog system and the concept of the NPC with imperfect knowledge of the world.

And the Wizardry/Might & Magic/Dungeon Master style dungeon crawler never went out of style, giving us some proper cyberpunk first person party based RPG's.

Oh, and a world where people realized putting polygons in 2D RTS games was a dumb idea by 1999, and instead expanded on Westwood's ideas with a hybrid sprite and voxel engine, giving us highly detailed strategy games where the camera isn't garbage.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@paulmako said:
  • People stop begging Giant Bomb to acknowledge The Witcher 3.
  • Nintendo releases an HD version of F-Zero: GX.

That's it.

I definitely agree with the second wish. If Nintendo refuses to make a new F-Zero, I'll take an HD version of GX instead. That game will look beautiful with updated graphics! Also, add an easy option for story mode so scrubs like me could get thru mission 4.

My wishes:

• Either a new and proper Wario Land or Warioware
  • Creative Assembly to stop having pre order bonuses with their games and having Sega let them take the time to release a less broken Total War Game.
  • A video game that centers on a period in American history that hasn't really been done before (The Seminole Wars, Maybe a city or company simulator set in the Roaring 20's and/or Great Depression)
  • Either a new Punch Out!! or a spinoff take on the series using MMA. If Nintendo is lucky (and if Conor McGregor wins his bout against Jose Aldo tonight) they might use McGregor's permission to be the new Mike Tyson, calling it Conor McGregor's Tap-Out!!
zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: If you haven't already, I recommend checking out Construct 2! It's the easiest game-making software I know of, and I've been using it to make a lot of games this year. Let me know if you want tips or advice - making games is definitely within reach! ^^

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dream would be better representation on both sides of the screen. More diversity within games, and also in game studios. Having a diverse team makes for better games, and having diverse games means more people are drawn to them and enjoy them. I want a future where everybody can see themselves in the greater gaming lineup year after year.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF Tactics remake where the only change made is that they take out the crude 3D levels and replace them with hand-drawn 2D versions in an art style that compliments the character sprites.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legend of zelda maker (dungeon craziness abounds)

A sequel to metal warriors

A good new prince of persia game

An hd secret of mana with gorgeous 2d art that still remains true to the original designs (though this is a maybe as this may just end up ruining it. Have to keep the original soundtrack, too)

Toning down of the absolute cynicism in gaming culture today/close all steam forums forever

DrVenkman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is a weird one. I have a PS3 in my bedroom and a PS4 in the living room. I think remote play would be sweet for PS3.

Other stuff.

A good wrestling game

A Planet of the Apes game (I'm crazy)

Kotor 3

Bethesda making a new engine

Marvel Heroes getting controller support (I know it's happening next month but I've been waiting so long)

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blizzard Warhammer 40k Diablo.

Non-Star Wars Star Wars Galaxies spiritual successor.

AC:Black Flag spin-off cutting ties to AC.

Hearthstone Arena permanent ticket.

Anno meets Offworld Trading Company.

Souls Monster Hunter.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ezekiel

@havochq said:

@ezekiel: If you haven't already, I recommend checking out Construct 2! It's the easiest game-making software I know of, and I've been using it to make a lot of games this year. Let me know if you want tips or advice - making games is definitely within reach! ^^

Thanks, but that program seems pretty limited. I understand that making tools easy to understand and use yet highly versatile is hard.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

@havochq said:

Thanks, but that program seems pretty limited. I understand that making tools easy to understand and use yet highly versatile is hard.

Yeah, it depends on what you want to make with it! It's a 2D HTML5 program, but some games (like Angvik and The Next Penelope) made with it are out on Steam now. It's a good starting point, if nothing else. ^^

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Final Fantasy 8 remake happens. Disc 1 is the same. Rest of the story gets rewritten.

Weird, that would be my exact opposite wish. I thought that the game was terrible until the game opened up at the late 2nd disk - third disk.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By confusedowl
  • A new non-fanservice .Hack game that gets a release in the west
  • Original .Hack and G.U bundle released on PC/PS4 ( I own all of them luckily but those games are damn pricey now. Wouldn't mind having digital copies)
  • full disc based PS2 backwards compatibility on PS4
  • KOTOR 3
  • Tales of Vesperia released on PC/PS4
  • A new Gothic that is more in line with 1 and 2
  • Dragon Quest 7 and 8 on PC/PS4
  • Final Fantasy 9 HD

I'll stop now before I make myself even more sad.