• 171 results
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

On some "game" days. I go from 8am to 11am (3 hours), then I go from 3 pm to 5 or 6pm (3 hours), and then from 8:30pm to 11:30pm (3 hours). That's nine hours, and I do it frequently throughout my holidays.

Jim_Efantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Wow. Great post. I went ~12 hours once with my wife when Diablo III launched. She was a Witch Doctor and I was a Barbarian. And no! Not 12 hours to connect. 12 hours of play time once we got in. ;)

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Probably around 12 hours on Skyrim and some other games.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 or 7 hours of GTAIV. Not much of a marathon gamer here.. and I like so savor some of the great games and not just rush through.

That said, I don´t think I could stay awake for 40 hours, let alone play games for that long. You guys have weird brains.

S3v3nS1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For every World of Warcraft expansion released I hit level cap and start spamming heroic dungeons in one sitting. I probably stay awake for a good 3-4 days straight when I do that.

It's usually only at a launch or expansion for a MMO when I'm racing against my friends, guild and other players to hit level cap and get geared that I do that. The longest I've played a console game is probably like 12 hours when I get engrossed in a story like Mass Effect or something.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not too sure but I'm pretty sure it was one Sunday where I remember playing Modern Warfare 2 all day. From wake to sleep. Had to be at least 7-8 hours.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By dichemstys

Crackdown got me pretty good, probably a solid 7-8 hours.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recent memory... 12 hours, no Toilet Break 6pm to 6pm. Xenoblade. Before? I can't remember my sessions before this but this is often the average :)

Ravenhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By Ravenhoe

Duke Nukem 3D Multiplayer session went on for 20 hours back in the day, longest session I ever played and it was LAN. Phew !

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was expecting longer sessions for some reason. No WoW players? Back when I played WoW, I used to get home friday and play until sunday night without moving to do anything but eat and use the toilet. Dark times... Hahaha. God knows how many hours, but I've done some LONG gaming sessions, like stupid long.

These days I'm still not averse to the occasional 12 hour sitting to play through a game in one. I think Bioshock Infinite took a friend and I about 16 hours to do in one go, with one 45 minute or so break to cook some dinner at 4am.

I'm about to replay Dark Souls, and I'm not going to start until I can devote most of a day to it. I'm not one for short gaming sessions in general tbh.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

I've played some strategy games for a good 12 hours. Don't know which session was the longest. The Total War games often get the better of me because the battles take so damn long sometimes. I'll play as many turns as I would in something like Civ except due to the length of the battles I end up playing for 12+ hours straight. And that is without food or bathroom breaks.

Smacraigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrath of the Lich King hit at a time I didn't have much else going on in my life (days away from graduating college) and I was determined to be the first in my guild to hit 80. So I pulled a few 18-hour gaming days in a row. Wake up, play until I couldn't stay up anymore, sleep for a few hours, repeat.

I look back on my WoW days fondly, but I don't think I'd ever do that again... Since then I've played through a few 6-8 hour games in one session, but I don't really have time for that anymore. Real life calls, and I'm OK with that.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Beat MGS 4 in one sitting on launch night/day and at my worst in wow I burned about 30ish hours one really really bad weekend.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#115  Edited By sammo21

One time I was sick and had several days off from work. When vanilla WOW was still fresh I played almost 24 straight hours. I would sometimes sit for 10-15 minutes watching television while staying in the game, but overall I was in the game.

The closest one was about 12+ hours of nothing but Assassins Creed IV just getting collectables and doing side missions.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

Played WoW's Cataclysm for 19 hours in one sitting. Repeatedly for about a week and a half. Then I was starting to fail school so I had no choice but to re-focus my time.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Civilization V for sure. Easily 12+ hours straight at times, no idling either.

Same here.

My longest game session ever though is about to happen. A bunch of my friends and I are getting together for a 24 hour session of FFXIII-3, mostly for the comedic value. Gonna be a hell of a time.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished Persona 3 in about 3 sessions.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat GTA IV in two sittings of 8-10 hours (first and second day it was out). I probably did similar stuff back when I played WoW during the longer breaks from school.

I can't remember if I've had longer sessions.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#120  Edited By wumbo3000

Christ almighty. These are insanely long gaming sessions. I understand long multiplayer sessions, but powering through story driven single player games like Bioshock Infinite and GTA seem counter productive. Wouldn't you want to savor the experience and try to make it last? And besides, don't you get sick/bored of the game by playing that long? I feel like I would forget most of the experience if I shotgunned through it in one sitting as well. Too exhausted and drained to soak anything in.

That's just me though. I can barely game for more than 2 hours before I start getting bored/fidgety. Multiplayer games I can go for much longer, but I can't do the same for single player games.

SMeijers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By SMeijers

22 hours Minecraft straight... haha good old times, I did it with a friend

giliad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was probably all sorts of off my face but it was a lonnnng time

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When The Burning Crusade launched I played it for 36 or so hours with only a few short breaks for going to the toilet and to get food. Felt terrible afterwards, and never been anywhere near those lengths since then.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By RIDEBIRD

About 18 hours straight apart from eating delivered pizza and drinking a bit of coffee, and toilet breaks of course. I was reviewing Dragon Age 2. They did not deliver the fucking code on time.

Played 46 hours of that game over friday, saturday and sunday. I still really liked that game.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By 49th
@49th said:

I used to play MapleStory a few years ago where I played for around 7 hours in one session. I never play that long any more though, 3 hours is my maximum because I just get too bored.

same

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@bollard said:

Probably completing Shadow of the Colossus in one sitting, only about 8 or 9 hours.

Seeing as this got bumped, I'm gunna say I think I've beaten this now thanks to the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Runs:

Loading Video...

10 hours straight of COD4 goodness - beating the whole game (including Mile High Club) on Veteran in one sitting! I probably got close with my Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion stream where I did the whole Thieves Guild, but I don't appear to have the VOD for that online anywhere...

Thinking about it, I imagine I did a few nearly all-nighter sessions of Star Craft 2 and Guild Wars 2 during my Uni time. That must've come close to beating 10 hours.

ianmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

multiple 12+ hour epic mass effect/oblivion sessions, miss the 360 days.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#128  Edited By YoThatLimp

I remember beating Gears of War 2 and 3 on their respective launch days in one sitting.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was younger I would do 14 hour MMO sessions in Vanguard SOH but now that i'm old I can't do more than 4 hours without getting a headache or wrist pains :(

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PizzaSauce

I did an 24 endurance sim race and ended up being awake for pretty much the entire thing, having to do multiple stints because of network issues. My god it was fun though.

hack1501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By hack1501

I once did a 20-hour session of Theme Park when it first came out. My parents were redoing my room and had set me up a temporary room downstairs. For inconveniencing, they bought me Theme Park, and I jumped right in. Next thing I know the sun is coming up and my Dad came down from his room and asked me if I had been playing all night. It only felt like I was playing for a couple of hours.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Friends and I used to have 20 - 24 hour long sessions (it was our goal to stay up for a whole holiday day) when I was in my teens - alternating N64 games, sometimes taking breaks and sitting out.

Solo I would estimate that teenage/early 20s me had a few games where I put in 10 - 12 hours. The longest individual game I can remember was I hired Bioshock for 2 nights and had it finished before I returned it - that was a bad way to play Bioshock.

Now I'm lucky if I can string 2 or so hours together - even on days where I am kind of 'free' at home - just find that I can't sustain my interest for long stretches.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played about 36 straight hours of Super Smash Bros. Brawl on release day. Gotta unlock them characters and stickers.

zorban_zorban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

~12 hours beating COD 1 when I was a kid.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By LeStephan

12 hours of nonstop wiisports at my house a week before the wii launched (got it early) from 8 pm to 8am, I kid you not. Thinking back I can barely believe it entertained us THAT long. Rarely played it afterwards either haha. In that 12 hours we did find out a bunch of ways to cheat at the games. I remember there were multiple ways to get garanteed strikes in bowling and stuff for example.(oh shit we briefly checked out wii play as well in those 12 hours) I dont think any gaming session of mine has really come close to that.

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#136  Edited By shinofkod

I remember I once started a Morrowind session around 5 p.m. and just got lost in it. Suddenly the sun was coming up again around 5 or 6 a.m.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a05ff5271261
deactivated-5a05ff5271261

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made it to Gold City in Seiken Densetsu 2 during an afternoon. That probably hashed out around 6 or 7 hours. Imo sleep is underrated.

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#138  Edited By danlongman

When MGS came out I was in grade 11, I had played the demo so many times I couldn't wait for the game. I remember getting it, and sitting in my bedroom room with a coffee pot and ashtray, drinking coffee and smoking all night as i played through the whole game in one sitting....

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

22 and a half hours. Never again.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

BioShock Infinite was delivered to me at like 9AM, I walked the dog and had some breakfast, booted it up at 11 and then played through to completion at 6 the next morning.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

Six days of Halo 2. I had a seizure with no prior history. I do not recommend this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

16 years or so ago I beat the first Halo in 1 sitting. around 10-12 hours, same with Final Fantasy IX i beat in 9 hours

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably around 16 hours with WoW back in 2005.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By JohnTunoku

I believe I once played Morrowind for about 30 hours. I don't remember much beyond my own putrid smell and a strange sensation of rotting. To this day that gross smell, which I sometimes get a whiff of when I'm around sewers in certain cities, reminds me of wandering the wonderful world of Vvardenfell. I assumed it was just really bad body odor but there was something more there I couldn't quite figure out.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I definitely played Oblivion for about 20 hours straight one time when I was about 14.

Also used to regularly play Gears of War 3 versus/Halo versus or COD zombies for 15+ hours at a time most weekends between the age of 18-22.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

16 hours straight of Dragon Quest 8 on PS2...

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WoW every day for months, just wake up and started playing. It was faaaaantastic. I also put 100+ hours into Skyrim in the first week post release. Easily 12-14 hours per day.

I can't do stuff like that anymore, old and everything hurts.. But man, I miss it so much. There's no better way to play a game than to play it every waking moment until it's absorbed you completely. mmmmm. The soft digital embrace..

Knifey_Spoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Knifey_Spoony

Low double digits for me. Pretty sure it was in MGSV.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt I've ever made it to the double digits in one sitting. Always need to take breaks every now and then, even when I wasn't old and distracted.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love games, I play them almost everyday but I’m not much of a marathon gamer. My longest session is probably 6-7 hours.