Your Personalized Points Report

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
Avatar is, as you'd expect, the easiest S-Rank of them all.
The time has come! If you've been listening to the podcast lately, you've heard about our upcoming achievements feature. And today, it's ready for your Xbox Live accounts and your World of Warcraft characters.

Start by going to your profile and hit the achievements tab. Once you're there, click the button marked Manage Your Accounts. From there, you'll be able to enter your Xbox Live account name or tell us the server and character name for World of Warcraft. After that, I suggest you go make a sandwich. Perhaps eat a banana, watch a few minutes of TV or something. Behind the scenes, we'll grab the data for your accounts, crunch a bunch of numbers, build some pretty bar graphs, and collect it all onto that profile page.

Once you're successfully processed, your games page will show everything you've been playing on those accounts and the achievements you've earned. You'll be able to see if you're above or below the Giant Bomb score average for each game. And we'll also give you a letter grade that quickly shows you how well you stack up against the rest of the Giant Bomb community.

The letter grades are pretty awesome because they work on a curve. So they'll fluctuate as more people play a game and they'll really let you know where you stand. If a game is really easy and most of the people who played it have most or all of the achievements, it's going to be harder to maintain a good grade. Check out my page, for example. After reviewing Ninja Blade, I earned 510 points, or 32 of the game's 50 achievements. As it turns out, that's pretty good. I'm ranked at a B for Ninja Blade. After reviewing Too Human, I went back in and farmed some more achievements, getting up to 790 points (35/50). Despite being played by over 300 users on the site (as of this writing), my 790 is still high enough to warrant an A rank.

And hey, how about all those games that I've completely cleared? If you collect every achievement in a game, you'll earn the coveted S-Rank for that game. The big S. The checkered flag. This signifies that you're the best of the best... at least until some DLC comes along and adds some more achievements. Even though we're just launching this today, I'm already looking at the various D's I have in games and thinking about what I want to go back to for more points.

After hours of grinding races, I somehow pulled an S in Full Auto. I'm not proud... OK, fine, I'm totally proud.
After hours of grinding races, I somehow pulled an S in Full Auto. I'm not proud... OK, fine, I'm totally proud.
There's more to all this stuff than just profile hooks, though. You can also go to a game page and view all the achievements for a given game. They'll be color-coded so you can see which achievements are totally common, which ones are a little tougher to come by, and which ones are downright rare in the Giant Bomb community. And if you need help getting a specific achievement, you can pop into a page for each achievement and post comments. Ask for help, answer some questions, or generally hang out and assist on pages like the Defeat Clarence Callahan "Razor" from Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

We've been really loving this stuff as we've been putting it together, and we think that you'll like it, too. So sync up your accounts and get cracking. But, obviously, we're not done yet. There are a few things we're working on to make this stuff even better in the near future. Here's a list of a few of the features that we'll be adding down the line.

• Support for European World of Warcraft servers.
  • Support for Steam accounts and achievements.
  • Way more stats, charts, and graphs.
  • Your game grades will show in our game-specific boards, letting you know at a glance if a poster knows what he's talking about or not.

And, obviously, we'd love to have PlayStation 3 trophies in the system. The only reason we're able to have 360 achievements in the system is because Microsoft has built an API and a big website around that information. Sony's been building more and more stuff along these lines lately, so I hope they eventually build what we'll need to add their games to our system. That'll be awesome, because then you'll be able to compare your games with other players across platforms. A true multiplatform achievement/trophy/entitlement future! That's what we all need!

So go ahead and dig in, and be sure to let us know what you think. Thanks!

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
The time has come! If you've been listening to the podcast lately, you've heard about our upcoming achievements feature. And today, it's ready for your Xbox Live accounts and your World of Warcraft characters.

Start by going to your profile and hit the achievements tab. Once you're there, click the button marked Manage Your Accounts. From there, you'll be able to enter your Xbox Live account name or tell us the server and character name for World of Warcraft. After that, I suggest you go make a sandwich. Perhaps eat a banana, watch a few minutes of TV or something. Behind the scenes, we'll grab the data for your accounts, crunch a bunch of numbers, build some pretty bar graphs, and collect it all onto that profile page.

Once you're successfully processed, your games page will show everything you've been playing on those accounts and the achievements you've earned. You'll be able to see if you're above or below the Giant Bomb score average for each game. And we'll also give you a letter grade that quickly shows you how well you stack up against the rest of the Giant Bomb community.

The letter grades are pretty awesome because they work on a curve. So they'll fluctuate as more people play a game and they'll really let you know where you stand. If a game is really easy and most of the people who played it have most or all of the achievements, it's going to be harder to maintain a good grade. Check out my page, for example. After reviewing Ninja Blade, I earned 510 points, or 32 of the game's 50 achievements. As it turns out, that's pretty good. I'm ranked at a B for Ninja Blade. After reviewing Too Human, I went back in and farmed some more achievements, getting up to 790 points (35/50). Despite being played by over 300 users on the site (as of this writing), my 790 is still high enough to warrant an A rank.

And hey, how about all those games that I've completely cleared? If you collect every achievement in a game, you'll earn the coveted S-Rank for that game. The big S. The checkered flag. This signifies that you're the best of the best... at least until some DLC comes along and adds some more achievements. Even though we're just launching this today, I'm already looking at the various D's I have in games and thinking about what I want to go back to for more points.

There's more to all this stuff than just profile hooks, though. You can also go to a game page and view all the achievements for a given game. They'll be color-coded so you can see which achievements are totally common, which ones are a little tougher to come by, and which ones are downright rare in the Giant Bomb community. And if you need help getting a specific achievement, you can pop into a page for each achievement and post comments. Ask for help, answer some questions, or generally hang out and assist on pages like the Defeat Clarence Callahan "Razor" from Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

We've been really loving this stuff as we've been putting it together, and we think that you'll like it, too. So sync up your accounts and get cracking. But, obviously, we're not done yet. There are a few things we're working on to make this stuff even better in the near future. Here's a list of a few of the features that we'll be adding down the line.

• Support for European World of Warcraft servers.
  • Support for Steam accounts and achievements.
  • Way more stats, charts, and graphs.
  • Your game grades will show in our game-specific boards, letting you know at a glance if a poster knows what he's talking about or not.

And, obviously, we'd love to have PlayStation 3 trophies in the system. The only reason we're able to have 360 achievements in the system is because Microsoft has built an API and a big website around that information. Sony's been building more and more stuff along these lines lately, so I hope they eventually build what we'll need to add their games to our system. That'll be awesome, because then you'll be able to compare your games with other players across platforms. A true multiplatform achievement/trophy/entitlement future! That's what we all need!

So go ahead and dig in, and be sure to let us know what you think. Thanks!

FallopianTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FallopianTube

This is such a great new feature

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Awesome work, guys

Pyroph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Pyroph

This is awesome, thanks GB

MutenMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MutenMiller

Damnit, this thing is amazing! You've instantly made MyGamerCard redundant in my eyes!

richied0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By richied0

Now you guys are just showing off.... Incredible work! Looking forward to the FUTURES!

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Kohe321

This is an AWESOME new feature. Keep up the good work Giantbomb!

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By hexogen

I don't have S-Rank in any single game. I'm not sure whether to be ashamed or relieved.

dwashba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By dwashba

Does this apply to games for windows live?

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By meteora

Hot damn! This is a really nice feature!

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#11  Edited By TobyD81

Guys, you're really going above and beyond the call of the typical gaming website. Well done.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Ballin!!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By trophyhunter

but PlayStation does have that info even with gamer cards see

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Psynapse

Awesome work GB, i'm loving it already!!!

Damn those D grades!! I'ma boot up the old games tonight and get some more achievements!!!!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

Ooh, another nice feature. And don't worry Jeff, we've all played games we're not proud of playing. Hell, I have Kung Fu Panda up there, along with a bunch of old school crapfests (hooray for the lack of Internet features for those consoles :P!).

Oh, and am I the only one who doesn't give two craps about achievements, yet still cares (slightly) about this new feature? Or am I weird?

andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By andy
@trophyhunter: They generate that card, but they don't seem to provide any data that we could import into our system.  Hopefully they'll do so in the (near) future.
snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By snide
@dwashba: Yes, Games for Windows Live games end up in your Live accounts. So my warhammer achievements totally made it over. In the case where there are multiple releases of a game with achievements (fallout 3 on the PC and XBOX) we match against the game that has the largest user base. The PC version still gets calculated, we just don't show it on the Fallout 3 page yet. This will change next week.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JJOR64

Kick ass!  Just linked main in WoW.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dethfish

It looks pretty awesome so far. I have a couple S ranks and quite a few "Rare" achievements.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By zoozilla

Nice!

Too bad I don't have enough gamerpoints to really enjoy this feature...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By chaser324
@trophyhunter: Sony themselves may have that data, but they still don't have an API that allows other web developers to access it.
Mjolnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Mjolnir

This is where beating every Call of Duty on Veteran truly pays off.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By snide
@trophyhunter: Playstation does not open up their data to other sites. You can see your data if you login, but can't see others if you are not. I'm sure they'll change this soon enough, and we'll be more then happy to include that data then.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shadow

so yeah...in preparation for this, I spent the last week getting that last 5-point achievement in Too Human.  BOOYA!

JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JJ

This rocks. I could possibly get more people to join Giantbomb because of this.

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#27  Edited By rargy

Need to finish off the achievements in Fallout 3 for a fourth time to get my S-rank.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RedSox8933

Oh my god, I just looked at mine. This a fucking amazing feature, way to go guys!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By lordofultima

Genius.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very promising feature.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Oni

WOOOOOOOO

Add European WoW accounts plox!

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#32  Edited By JackiJinx

I love this site. Period.

delicious_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By delicious_lie

oh wow this was already exciting but now that you're adding steam achievements i am HELLA excited

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By RHCPfan24

Sweet info. I have a few "S" ranks but I do need to get cracking on a few games that I have yet to play a lot of. This will be good motivation!

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By ChrisTaran

Loving this new feature guys!
Thanks for all the hard work!

welly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By welly

nice.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Death_Burnout

Haha i wont sync right now...im not an achievement seeker so i'll end up just looking bad.

legionvsninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By legionvsninja

Can we get our gamercard in BBCode?  The forum I visit doesn't use html..

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scooper

Great new feature. Fantastic :).

Depth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Depth

Need european WoW characters please!

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dethfish

I think there might be a bug. When I click on a specific achievement to see who has it I get a screen with Luchadeer and a big 500 on it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By Claude

This is pretty awesome, I love it... Steam too. Freakin' Nintendo, they should jump on the bandwagon.

duderbattalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By duderbattalion

Woot !! GB never ceases to amaze me !!

LeBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LeBart

I have an S in Dash of Destruction ! Weeeeee !

Wait...
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By Cincaid

Amazing feature indeed, just waiting for WoW EU to be available. :)

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By artofwar420

Well, I hope Sony opens up their data. Otherwise, good form Giantbomb.

eznark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By eznark

Very cool, I think I'll be more impressive w/ trophies though

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48  Edited By Cerza

Cool feature. I could care less about achievements, trophies, and the like, because I've always seen them as a pointless gimmick that take away time and money from other aspects of game development that really should be focused on more. However, I digress, cool feature.

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By JDUB_XL

This is Rad! Thanks Giant Bomb!

Skeetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Skeetz

Such a well thoughtout system!!! fantastic work guys!!!