ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Welcome to the Spotlight!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! It's Turkey week in America and as a result there's a sale on Giant Bomb Memberships for just $35. Watch out supplies are limited! For those still on their heels in regards to the site re-design Dave Tweeted this image of what the new site will look like for everyone to marvel at. For those that like stats you may be surprised to hear that Giant Bomb is now the first site to pop-up when you Google "Crashmo." Finally if you enjoyed Jeff's livestream of Funky Barn then help this website become the #1 source of information about Funky Barn by accomplishing the Wiki Task for the game.

Community Activities & Game Nights

• Official Crashmo/Fallblox QR Code Posting Thread - Post Your Levels Over Here!
  • Luchadeer Battalion in Planetside 2 is Recruiting! Sign Up to Join the Community Outfit Over Here!
  • Official Wii U Network ID Sharing Thread - Post Your Wii U IDs Over Here to Play Games With Fellow Users Online Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Hey the Wii U launched and if you were not able to get your hand on one then head on over to the Wii U platform page and read all about the console and its fetaures. As to be expected Nintendo Land and ZombiU both got the launch title bump in terms of their wiki pages and you should check out both. In regards to the ZombiU read all about the game's troubled development history.

Best of Blogs

Pepsiman takes the cake this week with his blog about why the title screen for Catherine is a lot more important than most people give it credit for on his massive blog entry. Oni like many users on Giant Bomb finished Episode 5 of The Walking Dead and discusses the series as a whole on his blog this week. FLStyle gives you an update on the Fighting Game Community with a list of major events and live-streams to check out this weekend. Mento defends his position on The Last Story as well as details his thoughts on Dust: An Elysian Tail. Video_Game_King celebrated Thanksgiving week by going strange with his blog on Eversion and Devil World. dankempster is doing a gaming marathon this weekend for charity! Help him out in raising money for blood cancer on his blog. DarkFury continues to look back on the most notable games he played this year while Sparky_Buzzsaw played through Forza Horizon and XCOM. Jeric is starting a blog series about his adventures in Persona 4: Golden whereas F1000003 continues to play through every single James Bond game ever made with the Gameboy Color version of The World is Not Enough. RPGee discusses why he enjoyed the demo for the upcoming Devil May Cry game and MarkWahlberg shares a fan video of the Mass Effect franchise. Related to that MetalGearSunny discusses his effort to play through the first Mass effect as well as Super Meat Boy. ArbitraryWater sticks with his shtick by playing a bunch of old games by Interplay as well as the old Resident Evil games, and Might and Magic. Kapalaka shares some awesome cosplay she made of Terra Branford. Finally D_Bones finished PixelJunk Shooter and shares his take of the game

Finally the always unpredictable Sweep has some ideas of how to get the community interested in blogging again. Check out his ideas and help him out and make my task of showcasing blogs ten times easier!

Fantastic Forums

Do you have an idea of what game you think will be awarded Giant Bomb's Game of the Year Award? If so make your pick on the poll and see if you are right when GOTY deliberations roll out. The first season of The Walking Dead has wrapped up and if you have been playing the episode you know that everyone is talking about the fifth episode. Join them on the Episode 5 discussion thread and also vote on your favorite episode on the community poll. Also join your fellow users in posting your thoughts or impressions of Little Inferno and Hitman: Absolution on the discussion threads. If you managed to get your hands on a copy of Persona 4: Golden post pictures of your unit. The Autumn Steam Sale is in full effect, and discuss what you have bought or what games you think everyone else should buy on the reporting thread for the event. Finally help caption or photoshop an image of Ryan Davis this week for great hilarious effect.

Useful User Reviews

Lovable Lists

ArbitraryWater is the single and solitary list this week but it's no slouch as ArbitraryWater numbered the old-school Resident Evil games according to which ones he liked the most.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Welcome to the Spotlight!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! It's Turkey week in America and as a result there's a sale on Giant Bomb Memberships for just $35. Watch out supplies are limited! For those still on their heels in regards to the site re-design Dave Tweeted this image of what the new site will look like for everyone to marvel at. For those that like stats you may be surprised to hear that Giant Bomb is now the first site to pop-up when you Google "Crashmo." Finally if you enjoyed Jeff's livestream of Funky Barn then help this website become the #1 source of information about Funky Barn by accomplishing the Wiki Task for the game.

Community Activities & Game Nights

• Official Crashmo/Fallblox QR Code Posting Thread - Post Your Levels Over Here!
  • Luchadeer Battalion in Planetside 2 is Recruiting! Sign Up to Join the Community Outfit Over Here!
  • Official Wii U Network ID Sharing Thread - Post Your Wii U IDs Over Here to Play Games With Fellow Users Online Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Hey the Wii U launched and if you were not able to get your hand on one then head on over to the Wii U platform page and read all about the console and its fetaures. As to be expected Nintendo Land and ZombiU both got the launch title bump in terms of their wiki pages and you should check out both. In regards to the ZombiU read all about the game's troubled development history.

Best of Blogs

Pepsiman takes the cake this week with his blog about why the title screen for Catherine is a lot more important than most people give it credit for on his massive blog entry. Oni like many users on Giant Bomb finished Episode 5 of The Walking Dead and discusses the series as a whole on his blog this week. FLStyle gives you an update on the Fighting Game Community with a list of major events and live-streams to check out this weekend. Mento defends his position on The Last Story as well as details his thoughts on Dust: An Elysian Tail. Video_Game_King celebrated Thanksgiving week by going strange with his blog on Eversion and Devil World. dankempster is doing a gaming marathon this weekend for charity! Help him out in raising money for blood cancer on his blog. DarkFury continues to look back on the most notable games he played this year while Sparky_Buzzsaw played through Forza Horizon and XCOM. Jeric is starting a blog series about his adventures in Persona 4: Golden whereas F1000003 continues to play through every single James Bond game ever made with the Gameboy Color version of The World is Not Enough. RPGee discusses why he enjoyed the demo for the upcoming Devil May Cry game and MarkWahlberg shares a fan video of the Mass Effect franchise. Related to that MetalGearSunny discusses his effort to play through the first Mass effect as well as Super Meat Boy. ArbitraryWater sticks with his shtick by playing a bunch of old games by Interplay as well as the old Resident Evil games, and Might and Magic. Kapalaka shares some awesome cosplay she made of Terra Branford. Finally D_Bones finished PixelJunk Shooter and shares his take of the game

Finally the always unpredictable Sweep has some ideas of how to get the community interested in blogging again. Check out his ideas and help him out and make my task of showcasing blogs ten times easier!

Fantastic Forums

Do you have an idea of what game you think will be awarded Giant Bomb's Game of the Year Award? If so make your pick on the poll and see if you are right when GOTY deliberations roll out. The first season of The Walking Dead has wrapped up and if you have been playing the episode you know that everyone is talking about the fifth episode. Join them on the Episode 5 discussion thread and also vote on your favorite episode on the community poll. Also join your fellow users in posting your thoughts or impressions of Little Inferno and Hitman: Absolution on the discussion threads. If you managed to get your hands on a copy of Persona 4: Golden post pictures of your unit. The Autumn Steam Sale is in full effect, and discuss what you have bought or what games you think everyone else should buy on the reporting thread for the event. Finally help caption or photoshop an image of Ryan Davis this week for great hilarious effect.

Useful User Reviews

Lovable Lists

ArbitraryWater is the single and solitary list this week but it's no slouch as ArbitraryWater numbered the old-school Resident Evil games according to which ones he liked the most.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

Another good month, I love the amount of effort you put into making these :)

leafhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By leafhouse

Thanks for including my review

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Pepsiman

"Pepsiman takes the cake" is probably a little too flattering for that Catherine post since it's gotten a very interestingly mixed reception (and I mean that in a good way), but the bump on here is always appreciated, good sir.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac
@Pepsiman

"Pepsiman takes the cake" is probably a little too flattering for that Catherine post since it's gotten a very interestingly mixed reception (and I mean that in a good way), but the bump on here is always appreciated, good sir.

Don't be m
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Pepsiman said:

"Pepsiman takes the cake" is probably a little too flattering

Probably not, given (what amounts to) the competition.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Phatmac
@Phatmac
@Pepsiman

Don't be m
Don't be modest!(damn mobile site) Your article on Catherine was great! It mostly certainly took the cake this week!
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I just want to point out that Riders of Rohan review in particular. That was a great, exhaustive look at the pros and cons of that expansion pack.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Little ego trip here but I miss seeing my name on the list! 

Still love that you do these, they're amazing to stay up to date with the forum when I'm not able to check it everyday.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Pepsiman said:

Regardless of popular reception no one else put that much thought into their blog last week as much as you did.

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Little ego trip here but I miss seeing my name on the list! Still love that you do these, they're amazing to stay up to date with the forum when I'm not able to check it everyday.

My bad, I totally missed you blog this week.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

@Pepsiman said:

Regardless of popular reception no one else put that much thought into their blog last week as much as you did.

Any other week, I'd probably be offended by that. But given that my latest blog barely clocked in at over 1000 words, I'm letting it pass.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#12  Edited By Mento  Moderator

@ZombiePie: Yeah, well... my blog has 100% more MS Paint squiggles. Check and Mate.

Also I noticed and I got Jingle Cats'd this week, which is an accolade of sorts. Maybe.

Fine, Pepsiman's was the best blog this week. I would be pleased to see some results of Sweep's soapbox rantings about a new blog presentation system as well. Sounds like it might be a bountiful content delivery method, trebly so if it allows for new reviews and lists.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ZombiePie: Oh that's not what I meant at all. My blog was meant to fly under the radar this time! :)
I was talking about how I should probably put some effort in and get on this list again with blogs that are worth while, but thanks!
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#14  Edited By alistercat
OrbitalBliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By OrbitalBliss

Thanks for maintaining the spotlight.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Thanks for the mention, Zombie!

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#17  Edited By wumbo3000

So I did some writing this week. Gave my thoughts about Chrono Cross and wrote a review of ACIII. Would be awesome if they could be featured next week!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

Great work, ZombiePie! I humbly submit the new concept page for Gender Recasting in the next update. The community had a pretty good discussion that led to its creation.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By colourful_hippie

As much I love Sweep's suggestion I don't expect seeing anything like that happening for a while but it's understandable why.

Also I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put my suggestions for the next spotlight here soo ehh...I'll just leave this suggestion here...

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By D_Bones

Yeah seriously thanks for including another of my blogs in here but my Shooter blog wasn't great. Put up 2 since then that have much more enthusiasm/better reads. On Infamous: Festival of Blood and Yakuza 4. Thanks again duder.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By Hamst3r
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

The latest Spotlight will be up late because it's my birthday.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By nightriff

@ZombiePie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By D_Bones

@ZombiePie: also happy birthday.....zombiecake for the day perhaps??

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By Hamst3r

@ZombiePie said:

The latest Spotlight will be up late because it's my birthday.

Happy birthday, duder! :D

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@Nightriff@D_Bones@Hamst3r: Oh thank you all.  
Anyways the latest Spotlight is up over here