• 111 results
shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By shinboy630

New Expansion announced means a new Guild Thread! Also, leadership has shifted around again, so might as well make a new thread. I did copypasta some stuff from the last thread though, because laziness.

The Official Giant Bomb Guild - Lincoln Force [BOMB]

No Caption Provided

Who's in charge here?

GB NameIn-Game Name
@shinboy630Shinboy.2471
@jack_lafayetteJackLafeyette.9360
@albinojerkAlbinojerk.5938
@aterangelusAterangelus.1892
@raiosRaios Deschain.8461
@theloopymonkeyThe Loopymonkey.5234

You can contant any of us in game, via GiantBomb, or on Discord (see below) if you need an invite or just have any general questions.

Our Discord

A majority of guild conversation (at least among the officers) takes place in our Discord server. Discord is a relatively new VoIP solution that we are trying out, but we like it a lot so far. Even if we are not playing GW2, we are often just hanging out in Discord talking about Metal Gear, bad anime, or whatever else we feel like discussing. It is a strange yet entertaining time.

If [BOMB] was an episode of MTV Cribs, Discord would be the bedroom where the celebrity walks in and states "This is where the magic happens."

1. Sign up for Discord over hurrrrrrr.
  2. You can download the client itself (instead of just using the web interface) over hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  3. You can connect to our server using this link right hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  4. Honestly the process can be a bit confusing, so feel free to PM any guild leaders in-game or on GiantBomb if you have any questions.

Server (in short - Yaks Bend)

We are based on Yaks Bend but with the addition of guesting to the game and paid server transfers we are more lax about this. The benefit of playing on Yaks Bend would be you could join in on guild WvW events when they happen.

Yaks Bend is a North American server and folks who are in Australia, Europe, or somewhere else have said that connection rates are pretty acceptable.

Heart of Thorns you say?

Heart of Thorns is the first GW2 expansion pack, just announced at PAX South 2015. Lord knows when it is coming out, but there is a thread discussing its announcement over here.

This Guild sounds relevant to my interests and I am interested in subscribing to your newsletter. What shall I do next?

In order to join [BOMB], either post here or PM one of the people above.If you are going to post here, include your name like <name.1234> as well as tell us what piece of GiantBomb content you enjoy. We also play other games together outside of GW2 (Warframe is a recent example), so feel free to join even if GW2 is only one of many games that you enjoy playing regularly. We like to cater to all kinds of players!

Also, as a member of [BOMB], make sure you take to heart the new official guild motto, and live your life according to its teaching!

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

I shake it off, I shake it off

See you duders in-game!

Helpful Links

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Hey! Can I re-join? My GW2 name's TheHT.5216.

Started a Warrior and Guardian recently and am enjoying them so far (I have a level 80 Ranger and dabbled in Thief/Elementalist but never got that deep with those characters). I mostly like PvE stuff.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@shinboy630: (Psst. So some poor sucker doesn't get invite requests: my in-game account is actually JackLafayette.9360.)

I'm thinking maybe our new mascot should be TayTay wearing a stovepipe hat.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinboy630: That is super fucking weird. A client-side address bug? No idea.

eternalrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Neat! My guild from ages ago seems to have dried up and I recently decided to push for a legendary (sigh). I'm mostly a PvE guy, and I'll be needing to run dungeons a bunch in the future too.

GW2 name is eternalrift.6903

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't played in I don't know how long, but I just redownloaded it and am trying to get my ranger to 80. If I'm not in it still, my name is Jacks Medulla.3162

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, sign me up! I just bought it today for the first time.

grtkbrandon

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I wish I had known about this when I got this game a couple years ago. I'm not on Yaks Bend. :( I haven't played in a while however. I remember not being able to make characters outside of the server you picked in the beginning. Is this still the case? Was it ever the case? Am I losing my mind?

Meorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down for an invite. I haven't played since the open beta, but I remember it being pretty alright even back then. My username is Meorrow.7432, and my character (if it matters) is Meorow (one r instead of two). As far as favorite GB content... there's so much. I loved Brad's Demon's Souls playthrough, I laughed quite a bit when VinnCo invented the Mag-Lift system and the 2012 GotY skits were pretty great.

fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd like to join the guild. I've been playing GW2 on and off since launch and recently re-installed it to play some more. My tag is FixerofDeath.3579. I look forward to seeing you in-game!

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyfire543: Yeah, you have to pay to transfer your characters. If you don't care about them, you can delete them and transfer for free.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyfire543: You can transfer servers, or alternatively you can delete all characters and then pick a new server. It is kind of a shitty option, but it is an option nonetheless.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinboy630: @grtkbrandon: I never played a character to a very high level so I have no problems deleting my characters on my server. Still a pretty shitty solution though.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'll make a request to join once I can get into the game, but is anyone else having issues with the client updater? Mine keeps downloading about 100 kb and then just hanging at 0kb/sec forever.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@skyfire543: If you really don't want to delete your stuff or fork over the transfer fee, the megaserver will tend to match you into a map with guildies, and instanced stuff doesn't care about servers. That said, being on Yak's will set your matching priority even higher when maps near the player cap, and you won't be able to WvW with us otherwise.

@nophilip: Try launching a shortcut with the "-repair" string attached. If that doesn't work, deleting your Gw2.dat might fix it.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm thinking of getting in more seriously again, I've dropped in a couple times to teach some random mobs a thing or two recently.

My account is flipperdesert.6235

VictorTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up! I've been playing off and on for about 9 months now and just got my ranger to 80 recently. This couldn't have come at a better time since I don't know anyone to try dungeons out with. I think I'm in Sorrow's Furnace and not Yak's Bend, but does that make much difference with the megaservers?

My username is VictorTango.2610. I'm excited to get in on this action!

aterangelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up! I've been playing off and on for about 9 months now and just got my ranger to 80 recently. This couldn't have come at a better time since I don't know anyone to try dungeons out with. I think I'm in Sorrow's Furnace and not Yak's Bend, but does that make much difference with the megaservers?

My username is VictorTango.2610. I'm excited to get in on this action!

I'm thinking of getting in more seriously again, I've dropped in a couple times to teach some random mobs a thing or two recently.

My account is flipperdesert.6235

Sent you both invites. Welcome aboard duders.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_lafayette: Thanks for the advice! What ended up working was shutting down Teamviewer and just letting it sit for a long time. It sat at zero for about half an hour, then decided to start going again. I've got the client proper downloading now, and that's going at a proper 3 Mbps.

Avatar image for celegorm_menegroth
celegorm_menegroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip: You can also simply guest onto other serves, as long as you're in the same geographic region ( ie: guesting to another NA server, but you can't guest from NA to Euro ).

This, along with the improvements to how guild perks work, means that you can get almost all of the benefits of being in a guild as long as you're in the same geographical region. Just remember to guest whenever there's a guild event ( such as a guild mission ) or else you won't get credit.

There are limits to guesting, but they're pretty loose. Can only have one guest serve at any one time during a twenty-four hour period, or something like that.

Cele / Moon

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for celegorm_menegroth
celegorm_menegroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bad.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK! Now that I'm actually able to get into the game again, here's my info:

Username is nophilip.9528 and my favorite GB content just might be the Story Hour: Adventures quick look.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just started playing again and really feeling into it! IcySandman.9285 Leveling feels really easy I've gone up from 20-44 pretty quickly.

AlbinoJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just started playing again and really feeling into it! IcySandman.9285 Leveling feels really easy I've gone up from 20-44 pretty quickly.

@nophilip said:

OK! Now that I'm actually able to get into the game again, here's my info:

Username is nophilip.9528 and my favorite GB content just might be the Story Hour: Adventures quick look.

Invites have been sent to both of you. Make sure to set yourself as representing and see you in game!

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

themanofchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm themanofchan.3619 only just started playing it for the first time. Seems pretty neat thus far!

AlbinoJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thenewpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello all,

I'm thenewpacman.6370 and I'm a brand new GW2 player who would love to join. As for my favorite GB content, that may have to be the Burnout Paradise TNT. Pretty much the best thing Avril Lavigne's ever been a part of. Hope to play with you guys soon.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello all,

I'm thenewpacman.6370 and I'm a brand new GW2 player who would love to join. As for my favorite GB content, that may have to be the Burnout Paradise TNT. Pretty much the best thing Avril Lavigne's ever been a part of. Hope to play with you guys soon.

NEW pacman? What is this blasphemy?! BURN THE WITCH!

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just bought the game. Name's jjvirt.6150

All about those endurance runs.

AlbinoJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AlbinoJerk

@nicedogthebountyhunter said:

Hello all,

Invite sent! Don't forget to hit "represent" in the guild menu after you join, or you won't get any of the boosts. See you in game and be sure to hit us up on the mumble if you have any questions or just want to hang out.

@musclerider said:

Just bought the game. Name's jjvirt.6150

All about those endurance runs.

I tried sending you an invite and it errored out as an incorrect account. Can you please double-check your id and let me know?

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By musclerider
aterangelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarLionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm warlionn.1738, and I would like to party.

Also, my favorite GB content is probably Metal Gear Scanlon.

MadScientist18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm going to get back into it. I have a level 72 Mesmer. Never got into the guild part of the game much. Can I get a guild invite? Thanks!

ID: MadScientist.9162

wild_fire987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders, just jumped in after the sale, enjoying it so far and would like to hang out with others from here.

ID:Jaina Deschain.3518

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders. I, too, jumped in on the $10 deal. How could you say no? I'm helicopterspy.4528

I don't think I could pick a favorite piece of GB content but one of my favorite jokes comes from the New Super Mario Brothers Wii quicklook where Jeff wants him and Ryan to face left to ward off Boos and Brad and Vinny (Playing toads) to ward them off to the right and Brad replies saying "Pimps up, Toads down"

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helicopterspy: Invite sent! Also, I don't think I have actually seen that QL and now feel like I need to.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can has join? I tried a while ago in the last thread, but I must have been missed.

Heaven In Black.5209

Thanks, duders!

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thehuffness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello there!

I just picked this game up over the weekend and am really enjoying it so far. I'd love a guild invite, my name is Peter.9602. My favorite Quick Look has to be Euro Truck Simulator 2. Also the UPF where Jeff plays the Beverly Hills Cop game.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that I sounded pretty down on the game in the other thread, but could I rejoin? I'm having a decent time with the living story quests (which I bought). Username: gike.8629

Mostly watch Quick Looks, although I like most of the video content. I'm a PC only gamer these days so anything involving the crew trying to understand weird, complex, or janky (preferable all three) PC games is always funny.

AlbinoJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AlbinoJerk

@thehuffness said:

Hello there!

I just picked this game up over the weekend and am really enjoying it so far. I'd love a guild invite, my name is Peter.9602. My favorite Quick Look has to be Euro Truck Simulator 2. Also the UPF where Jeff plays the Beverly Hills Cop game.

@gike987 said:

I know that I sounded pretty down on the game in the other thread, but could I rejoin? I'm having a decent time with the living story quests (which I bought). Username: gike.8629

Mostly watch Quick Looks, although I like most of the video content. I'm a PC only gamer these days so anything involving the crew trying to understand weird, complex, or janky (preferable all three) PC games is always funny.

Invites have been sent to both of you. Be sure to hit 'represent' in the guild panel and let us know if you have any questions.

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, too, fell pray to the $10 sale this weekend. I'd like an invite to the guild. I used to play a ton of MMOs (mainly DAoC and WoW afterwards, with many other games sprinkled in). I miss the atmosphere of always having that living world to enter and friends online. Unfortunately, it's probably a pipe dream now that I have a family to support. Regardless, I'd like to check it out.

My name is Dalerax.3421. My favorite GB content has to be Unprofessional Fridays. Sure, the game coverage is nice, but this site really shines when their personalities come through and UPF is prime-time for that.