The will to continue

yland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just got to San Fransokyo(sp?) and am really struggling for a reason to keep playing.

Between the awful, stinted voice acting and story that I only half understand (I played 1 and 2 but none of the off-shoots), I find myself skipping every cutscene once I get the gist, just to get to the next walled off arena of button mashing. It's not that I'm against the gameplay or the story as a whole, I guess I'm just bouncing off these first few worlds enough that if it doesn't change, I don't see myself enjoying any more of it.

On a recent Bombcast, Jan and I think Ben mentioned it having a sort of "Nier moment" where it clicked or did a thing that made it good or I don't know. Can anyone speak to that while spoiling as little as possible?

PS. Should I just go play Nier? That's a game I've been remotely interested in and recent comparisons to this game spurred me a bit more.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@yland said:

On a recent Bombcast, Jan and I think Ben mentioned it having a sort of "Nier moment" where it clicked or did a thing that made it good or I don't know. Can anyone speak to that while spoiling as little as possible?

They use player names from one of the mobile games as a gameplay element in one of the late game boss fights. It's just a cool homage to the hardcore fans, but not like a major story or gameplay thing.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'm not gonna look at that spoiler about the Nier moment but when Jan and Ben mentioned that, I don't think they meant it was the moment it clicked; I think they meant that it literally did some sequence exactly the way near did. I can already take some guesses.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's common knowledge you need to play all of them to know what's going on. I would just stop playing if I were you.

It's great for people who have played those games though.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By vortextk

@yland said:

The will to continue

Loading Video...

I have never played a KH game, but I think everyone should figure out if they like nier or not, because if you do, you could -really- like it.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pacing in the game is pretty terrible, but I guess I've just come to accept that at this point since it's been the same for every game post KH2. All the good shit is backloaded near the end of the game, but the good news is that you're actually really close to it getting good if you're in San Fransokyo.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@briarpack: Considering the new release spoilers that Brad has nonchalantly thrown out over the years, it blows my mind that THAT’S what they were dancing around.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: Probably a mix of them knowing just how dedicated the KH fans are, how long they waited, and remembering how royally pissed a lot of people got when they spoiled that same Nier moment on the podcast the week it came out.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m in Arendelle and I think I’m done with this game. It’s cool seeing all the Disney stuff but the repetitive and often terrible gameplay is really making it hard to continue.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

SuperButterBuns said it best: Kingdom Hearts III is a game for Kingdom Hearts fans.