In what ways does this game open up? (level 30+)

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I played the game for a few hours as a control wizard and while the combat seems ok, I feel there are perhaps too few abilities in the early game and it seems a little linear.

I noticed a tweet from Dave that reads:

@enemykite-
Neverwinter seems to open up around level 30. Really, really enjoying this game. Seems like a lot of care went into it.

Can anyone shed some light on how the game changes around this level? I might play some more if it gets interesting.

Thanks duders!

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

I'm only level 7 so far, but definitely noticing what you're talking about. It feels like you're just being moved from instance to instance (ie, small areas) in a linear progression. Maybe I'm still in the WoW-mindset after all my years with that game, but it hardly feels like a MMO so far. Maybe someone who's further along can shed some light?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cincaid: Yup, I'm level 8 and doing pretty much that, it feels like being in WoW and questing around Brill again, only nowhere near as interesting as that was 8 years ago.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By granderojo

After level 30 it starts being expedient for you to use a group. You start having to use your entire skill bar and potions more frequently in dungeons. It's a lot of action for an MMO, and as someone who hasn't really enjoyed a fantasy MMO up to this point it's a lot of fun. I'm at 60 and I don't think any level took anymore to level than the last. Doesn't really feel like a grind to get to the cap, which I appreciate.

I'm really enjoying the game.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@granderojo: Thanks for the answer, but you're saying the solo game is out the window at that point?

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@cincaid said:

@granderojo: Thanks for the answer, but you're saying the solo game is out the window at that point?

No I played just about the entirety of the main quest solo. It's a lot of fun, or at least I found it to be. Like I said I haven't played many MMOs, but to me it felt a lot like a cross between Fable and Diablo. I don't know, it's seems a lot more actiony even to the cap than other MMOs I've played.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MichaelBach

I am at level 26 and so far it has been fun doing the campaign solo (and there are a lot of great foundry adventures!!!). I just wish that every one didn't have to look the same. They did a great job in LOTR online with cosmetics, I hope they apply it to Neverwinter.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mordukai

I am at level 26 and so far it has been fun doing the campaign solo (and there are a lot of great foundry adventures!!!). I just wish that every one didn't have to look the same. They did a great job in LOTR online with cosmetics, I hope they apply it to Neverwinter.

Well they have the costumes and all that but it's all Zen market and right now the economy in the game, for lack of better words, FUCKED. I'm guessing it'll calm down in a few months.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cincaid said:

No but it gets really hard if you go into dungeons. Damn this fucking mad dragon. I can not beat him with my groups....

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit level 60 last Tuesday and I was pretty much done with the game at that point. Finished up the last quests I had and looked at the full list of options available to you at 60, but found nothing really interesting.

Playing a Trickster rogue the combat was enjoyable, even though a bit rough near the end playing solo, since a tiny lag spike would get me 1-shot. There's just not enough progression in the dungeon design for me to be interested in grinding them just to unlock more 5-man dungeons. They introduce the "Dodge the big red circles and deal with adds"-boss type at around lvl35ish and it never really gets any more complicated than that.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mordukai said:

@michaelbach said:

Well they have the costumes and all that but it's all Zen market and right now the economy in the game, for lack of better words, FUCKED. I'm guessing it'll calm down in a few months.

Isn't that so you can switch between armor and regular clothes? In LOTRO you can apply cosmetics to your armor etc.