Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By madladunit

Poll Grey or Neon (760 votes)

Grey 42%
Neon 46%
What? 12%

Hi - I got a Switch with grey joycons and now I am filled with a deep, velvety sense of immense regret. If you got a Switch, or if you didn't, which colour option do you feel is best?

• 
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Neon, obviously. If I have learned anything from cartoons and t.v. it is that grey is the color of sadness and despair. How can you call grey Joycons Joycons? More like Joy-less-cons! Am-I-right?!

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Very happy with the Neon Switch. My buddies all got the grey and I love how distinct the neon look on that tablet

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RalphMoustaccio

I wanted a neon, but ended up with a grey. It was all that was available this morning from the second shipment my local Target received.

Edit - "ended up with" sounds like I'm disappointed. Far from it, since I was able to get one at all so soon after launch, but I do think the neon is a better color scheme.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sikdude

I went with grey. May get the neons for 4 player MK8 in the future but grey looks better.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grey. I usually opt for the grey/black with electronics, I like stuff to match sitting under my TV. but in hindsight the Neon wouldn't have been a problem, since I use it handheld so much.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Grey. Only because something about the two different colors with the neon made my ocd go nuts

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Grey, because that's the one that got back into stock today.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind the "neon" colored controllers if they matched... like both blue.

I would like those, but the two color scheme I don't like.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By avantegardener

Had they had a version with the same colour on each end, absolutely would have gone with the red, but the two different colours are a little to zany for me.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By nicksmi56

I didn't see the need for Neon when it was first announced, but now that I've actually tried it, Neon all the way. Gray is just....boring. The neon makes the controller much more distinctive and eye-catching.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grey baby! I like my tech, especially portable stuff to be discreet. The grey Switch feels like it fits in perfectly beside an Amazon Kindle or similar devices, it's so slick.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I like the Neon ones, but I could live with the grey ones. I don't think I've gotten my preferred colour of gaming device since the Gameboy Color.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I think I want to get a neon one.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went for Neon because literally every console I've ever owned until this point has been Black, White or Grey/Silver. Even the handhelds I've always had have been Grey or White! Time for something with a bit more colour I figured. I've seen that there are Yellow Joy-cons you can buy separately as well.

I'm very happy with my decision.

SuppleGalaxies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: neon pro: the colors invoke emotion. Con: colors are too bright for my liking.

Grey pro: acceptance of the color can be derived from how most technology is grey.

Con: dull color.

Although neon red and blue don't represent my personality accurately, I'd rather have some expression of personality than the little that gray does.