2012 in Cinemas Movies: An awful year or is just me?

• 63 results
Dragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dragonborn

It's my first blog here, so please excuse any mistakes.

To be honest, i am not the guy that will go every week to the cinema, pay for the extra pop - corns / cola / natchos / water etc. , just for watching a movie that maybe in the end, don't enjoy. I'm the guy that goes to the film that has some reputation or a sequel that i was waiting for long to see. OR i risk only with movies about my favorite gerne: Fantasy.

But let's get back to our topic. In 2012 the only movies i watched in Cinema was:

1) Dark Knight Rises ( big Batman Universe fan + Nolan's fan - yes i am)

2) The Hobbit: An Unexpexted Journey (same, big fan of Middle Earth, and of course of Tolkien and Peter Jackson)

I watched both of them in their premiere.

And, both of them, were awesome! I don't want to make / do any spoilers, so i will not say anything about the plot.

Just, Dark Knight Rises

• was even better from the first film of the (Nolan) Trilogy
  • was very close or equal to Dark Knight.

And as for the Hobbit,

• ALL was AWESOME!

But.... ok, these were 2 magnificent movies and, of course, worth watched in Cinema, but 2012, really had something else or it was just, except of ''The Dark Knight Rises'' and ''The Hobbit'', an awful year?

I watched many movies of 2012, in my TV, with no cost, there were good movies (Life of Pi, The Grey - maybe Cabin in the Woods ,there are things in this movie i really don't liked but it was good) but all the others was just passable.

In comparison with other years, i think 2012 for movies was TERRIBLE

No other word to describe it. I want your opinion. Is just me? Maybe, i don't know. But i wanna hear (sorry, read) what you think about it.

Dragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dragonborn

It's my first blog here, so please excuse any mistakes.

To be honest, i am not the guy that will go every week to the cinema, pay for the extra pop - corns / cola / natchos / water etc. , just for watching a movie that maybe in the end, don't enjoy. I'm the guy that goes to the film that has some reputation or a sequel that i was waiting for long to see. OR i risk only with movies about my favorite gerne: Fantasy.

But let's get back to our topic. In 2012 the only movies i watched in Cinema was:

1) Dark Knight Rises ( big Batman Universe fan + Nolan's fan - yes i am)

2) The Hobbit: An Unexpexted Journey (same, big fan of Middle Earth, and of course of Tolkien and Peter Jackson)

I watched both of them in their premiere.

And, both of them, were awesome! I don't want to make / do any spoilers, so i will not say anything about the plot.

Just, Dark Knight Rises

• was even better from the first film of the (Nolan) Trilogy
  • was very close or equal to Dark Knight.

And as for the Hobbit,

• ALL was AWESOME!

But.... ok, these were 2 magnificent movies and, of course, worth watched in Cinema, but 2012, really had something else or it was just, except of ''The Dark Knight Rises'' and ''The Hobbit'', an awful year?

I watched many movies of 2012, in my TV, with no cost, there were good movies (Life of Pi, The Grey - maybe Cabin in the Woods ,there are things in this movie i really don't liked but it was good) but all the others was just passable.

In comparison with other years, i think 2012 for movies was TERRIBLE

No other word to describe it. I want your opinion. Is just me? Maybe, i don't know. But i wanna hear (sorry, read) what you think about it.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FLYmeatwad

Not a great year top to bottom, but any year that has The Master, Holy Motors, (arguably for release date) Margaret, Moonrise Kingdom, Django Unchained, Cloud Atlas, Life of Pi, The Grey, Indie Game: The Movie, and Killer Joe ain't all that bad.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BaneFireLord

DJANGO UNCHAINED. That is all.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marcsman

Ever hear of the Avengers?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Argo and Skyfall were both really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You didn't even give an example of one bad film...

The year wasn't fantastic, but it had a handful of gems and some others I'm very fond of.

In a single year, we had The Hobbit, Skyfall, Dark Knight Rises, Looper, The Grey, The Avengers, Cabin in the Woods, Spider-Man, Prometheus, The Hunger Games, 21 Jump Street, John Carter, Django Unchained, etc.

Those are purely the summer tentpoles (barring The Grey, John Carter and 21 Jump Street that all saw earlier releases), but if you'd told me five years ago we'd see a dozen or more genre blockbusters hit the screens within months of each other, I'd have guffawed.

As it is, while not all of them were great, it was a pretty exciting year.

Edit: Also, fuck the haters! John Carter had heart (and a messy as hell screenplay to boot) and Prometheus was painfully close to great.

Edit 2: Fuck, I've just realised it's January - Django Unchained is hardly a summer hit.

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dabe

Every year has many bad films. Every year has many good films. Every year has films. Films are everywhere.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Sooperspy

But Django Unchained.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

I gotta say those two were among the worst movies I saw this year.

Lot of decent stuff this year, wouldn't say it's notably better or worse than other years.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Hunter5024

I actually thought it was a pretty awesome year for movies, even though my interest in films is diminished compared to years past. I basically thought every movie I saw was really entertaining.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

@MikkaQ said:

Lot of decent stuff this year, wouldn't say it's notably better or worse than other years.

This. There wasn't a defining "holy shit" moment in film this year so perhaps that's why it feels worse than it actually was.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Whitestripes09

I dont understand all the hate this year. I loved John Carter and Prometheus, but they were so heavily bashed by people I feel like the odd one out. I feel that Looper doesn't get as much praise as it should either. I thought it was very well done.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Tylea002

This was an excellent year for cinema! The Avengers renewed my faith in fun yet dark blockbusters, and I loved every second. Chronicle is probably the best superhero film ever made, if you can even define it as such. I was in a post-film shock state for a good long while. Goon and Ruby Sparks were amazing, even if Ruby Sparks trips up at the end, but those are two excellent films that you may not have seen. Seven Psychopaths, Sightseers, Dredd, End of Watch, Wild Bill... Hell, COCKNEYS VS ZOMBIES was fucking awesome, and how lucky is that?!

Of course, there were some huge duds, both Prometheus and TDKR had the two biggest hype machines of the year, positioning themselves as intelligent and entertaining, and neither applied to both there. Ridley Scott has made visually beautiful but fairly empty films in the past, but to have such a disappointment from Nolan was shocking. Then you have films like Ted, which is terrible on every level, and Silver Linings Playbook/Safety Not Guarenteed which anger me in pretty much the same way, shocked they're getting anywhere near the praise they are. Looper was good but not great, definitely some films disappointed where I expectd them to be awesome, but I wouldn't call the year awful.

And Django isn't even out in England yet.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By granderojo

I may be too close to it since I just saw the Bluray of it last night, but I refuse to say 2012 was a bad year when we got Looper out of it. I yelled out into an empty house, "The fuck?!?" when I got to that twist. Also Django Unchained was impeccable, The Queen of Versailles was horrific and Moonrise fucking Kingdom.

2012 has been the year of Bruce Willis as a supporting actor.

Look at these fucking shots of the future, man Looper is awesome you guys go watch it right now if you haven't. Haven't wanted to live in a futuristic dystopian scifi this much since Blade Runner.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By pr1mus

This year i saw (starting from my favorite and going down from there):

1. Django Unchained
  2. Skyfall
  3. The Dark Knight Rises
  4. The Avengers
  5. Looper
  6. Ted
  7. Prometheus
  8. The Bourne Legacy
  9. The Amazing Spider-Man

I also saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol early in the year but that's a 2011 movie.

Of all those, the only one i didn't care about is Spider-Man, not that i was expecting much since i never cared for the Sam Raimi movies or the comics either. It wasn't offensively bad either, just a pretty standard action flick good enough for 2 hours and quickly forgotten once it's over. The Bourne Legacy was pretty good until it just ended? As far as Bourne movies goes it was well made but it's a serious case of "we didn't really know how to end it so we didn't" and that was that. Prometheus did not live up to the hype but how could it anyway? More importantly it didn't live up to my much more modest expectations but i still give it a pass because it's an OK film that could be redeemed by a better sequel. Just don't mess up that one.

Everything else on the list was great. Django is brilliant as is Skyfall. TDKR falls a tiny bit short of its predecessor but is excellent nonetheless. The Avengers is the best Michael Bay movie not made by Michael Bay and better than any Michael Bay movie. Looper and Ted were great but i'm tired of writing so no elaborating on those two.

Overall it was a solid year for me. I just don't feel like looking up lists of what came out in past years and see how 2012 compares.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Red

I don't think you can call a movie bad when you only saw two movies during it.

Here are my favorite 2012 movies because I feel it is relevant, even though no one cares!

1. Moonrise Kingdom

2. Looper

3. Avengers

4. The Hobbit

5. Wreck-it Ralph

6. Chronicle

7. Safety Not Guaranteed

8. Skyfall

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like you just didn't watch any movies this year. lol

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skytylz

I need to say it: The Hobbit is a steaming pile of shit!

Maybe it wasn't that bad, but it was average at best.

Anyways, I liked most of the new movies I saw this year (Looper, Moonrise, Django, etc.), but I'll agree that it was similar to video games in that my most anticipated stuff was pretty middling: Hobbit, Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Actually it was a fucking great year.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skytylz

@ShadowConqueror said:

Actually it was a fucking great year.

Well, I can't argue with a compelling argument like that.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By FLStyle

I saw the fewest amount of films at the cinema this year for a long time, but there are some I wish I'd seen that I'll be watching the home release of.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FengShuiGod

I thought there were a lot of OK movies, but nothing that I thought was really good other than The Master. Granted, I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty, Beasts of the Southern Wild, End Of Watch, Olso August 31, or Django Unchained, but I thought Skyfall, The Hobbit, Lincoln, Men In Black III, Batman, Prometheus, Ted, Dredd, Avengers, Looper, Cabin in the Woods, ect. were solid, enjoyable movies, but I don't feel I need to see any of them again. This year was a terrific year for going to the movies and having a fun time, but nothing really grabbed me by the balls, in the parlance of our times. Really looking forward to Beasts of the Southern Wild and Olso, August 31st though.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Zippedbinders

This might be the best year I've ever had for movies, I was in theaters this year more than any other year. Ever.

Secret World of Arietty, Pirates: Band of Misfits, Avengers, Brave, Men In Black 3, Prometheus, Paranorman, Wreck It Ralph, and Hobbit. I had a pretty positive experience with everything. Prometheus might have been the weakest, but it was an okay way to spend $2 and an afternoon in a Dollar Theater.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By cornbredx

Meh... Dark Knight Rises is an awful movie. 
You won't agree with me now, and that's fine, but you will when you actually watch the movie and start to question things that make no sense (and I speak in terms of how the movies had been made up to that point and how that one turned out). 

I love how Christopher Nolan makes films, what he chooses to make movies about, and I'll probably always see all his movies like I do with Quentin Tarantino, but Dark Knight Rises is probably the worst movie he's ever made. 

I haven't seen the Hobbit yet. I'm pretty excited for that one. I was a bigger fan of that then LOTR as a kid. 

Edit: Oh I forgot to add here, I think you missed a lot of movies in 2012. Looper was fantastic. The Grey was so good. Expendables 2 is great if you're into 80s and 90s action heroes. There's a lot of great movies, I feel like you have a limited view of the films that came out.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Claude

I saw some great films this year. In order of my favorite down.
Life of Pi
Django: Unchained
Looper
Seven Psychopaths
Lincoln
Argo
Frankenweenie 
The Avengers
The Grey
Cabin in the Woods
Dark Knight Rises

Life of Pi was my top film from last year. It was a visual treat and a good use of 3D. The story was pretty awesome too. I had not read the book, so I went in fresh. I still have a few I missed, but I enjoyed my time at the theater. Even the not so great were pretty good like, ParaNorman, The Amazing Spider Man and Cloud Atlas.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Roger778

It is just you. In my honest opinion, 2012 was one of the best years we've had for movies. Here's my list

1. The Avengers

2. Skyfall

3. Lincoln

4. Looper

5. Argo

6. Ted

7. The Dark Knight Rises

8. End of Watch

9. Dredd (It was the best 3D Movie I saw last year)

10. Prometheus.

I have yet to see Life of Pi , Django Unchained, and Les Miserables, in Theaters. For DVD, Flight, and Wreck-it-Ralph come out in February.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uniform
@Whitestripes09 said:

I loved John Carter and Prometheus, but they were so heavily bashed by people I feel like the odd one out.

I purchased the Prometheus 4 disk BD CE, but I hide it under the mattress. When no one's around, I close the blinds and watch it.
obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By obscurefan

As a representative of the former sister site Screened, let me just say that I thought this year was a tad lacking for films... that is until I started gathering films together for my Top Ten of 2012 list and realized "Holy crap... there were tons of amazing movies this year!" This really was a very strong year for films when you sit down and actually look at what came out.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jsnyder82

Lincoln, Argo, Skyfall, The Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Looper, Django, Zero Dark Thirty, Silver Linings Playbook, The Master, Wreck-It-Ralph. Nope, I had a pretty good time at the movies this year.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30  Edited By Giantstalker

All you people who didn't see Dredd... come on. It was great.

Ah well, no hope of a sequel. I still think this was a good year overall. To me, Argo and Lincoln really stand out dramatically along with Skyfall, Dredd, Avengers, and yes, Expendables 2 for the action.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jsnyder82

@Giantstalker said:

All you people who didn't see Dredd... come on. It was great.

Ah well, no hope of a sequel. I still think this was a good year overall. To me, Argo and Lincoln really stand out dramatically along with Skyfall, Dredd, Avengers, and yes, Expendables 2 for the action.

Don't blame us for not seeing Dredd. Blame the movie studio that didn't advertise it. I might have actually seen it if I knew it was a thing that existed this year.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jrinswand

Sorry, duder. It's just you. 2012 was a great year for movies.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't really agree. There were some pretty great movies this year. I think if I have one area of complaint it might be comedies, but I did miss some of those.

My two movies of the year were Dark Knight Rises and Avengers. Rises was a great movie that I just watched again and although I didn't like it as much as Dark Knight, it's still excellent. Some really fantastic scenes. I think Avengers captured the comic book grandeur and most of all sense of fun and humor better than any comic book movie has yet. The dialogue and pacing were just brilliant.

@uniform said:

@Whitestripes09 said:

I loved John Carter and Prometheus, but they were so heavily bashed by people I feel like the odd one out.

I purchased the Prometheus 4 disk BD CE, but I hide it under the mattress. When no one's around, I close the blinds and watch it.

There is a vocal group that dislike it but it has some big fans. I think it's pretty polarizing. If you look at critics it was all over the place. Some, like Ebert, LOVED it. I really enjoyed it although it wasn't what I was expecting. I think that the marketing so heavily set it in the horror genre in a similar way to Alien set it up to be disappointing for some people.

The one movie I thought was overrated this year was Skyfall. Not that it was bad, but I didn't see what was so great about it. I think there was a lot of missed opportunity with the villain where they should have gone a lot further with him. There were some pretty clear ways to do it too in the plot but they sent it in another direction, which was disappointing. Again, it was a good movie I just think Casino Royale was better. I think I may be taking a bit too much away from Skyfall though because I didn't really like or think the last part of it was necessary. Bond should have stayed on that island with Bardem for longer, because that one scene between the two of them was by far the best in the movie. And they could have just ended in London after that.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@Tylea002 said:

This was an excellent year for cinema! The Avengers renewed my faith in fun yet dark blockbusters, and I loved every second. Chronicle is probably the best superhero film ever made, if you can even define it as such. I was in a post-film shock state for a good long while.

I loved Chronicle, though some of my friends did not like it, they thought it was weird. Don't know why. It's easily in my top 5 movies of last year, along with Les Miserables, Skyfall, The Hobbit, and...I don't know the last one, lol.

@CornBREDX said:

Meh... Dark Knight Rises is an awful movie. You won't agree with me now, and that's fine, but you will when you actually watch the movie and start to question things that make no sense (and I speak in terms of how the movies had been made up to that point and how that one turned out). I love how Christopher Nolan makes films, what he chooses to make movies about, and I'll probably always see all his movies like I do with Quentin Tarantino, but Dark Knight Rises is probably the worst movie he's ever made. I haven't seen the Hobbit yet. I'm pretty excited for that one. I was a bigger fan of that then LOTR as a kid. Edit: Oh I forgot to add here, I think you missed a lot of movies in 2012. Looper was fantastic. The Grey was so good. Expendables 2 is great if you're into 80s and 90s action heroes. There's a lot of great movies, I feel like you have a limited view of the films that came out.

Dark Knight Rises was okay, but there was a huge problem in that they didn't really go into Bane's story, I think that's its biggest flaw.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By donchipotle

2012 was the first year where I paid to see the same movie ten times.

That movie was Cloud Atlas. I love the fuck out of that movie.

And it isn't even my favorite movie of the year.

Also a lot of you are not mentioning the real sleeper gem of the year. That being End of Watch. Which is great.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By colourful_hippie

Not awful, just weak.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By Liquidus

I think it was a terrific year for films, games not so much.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gaminghooligan

The Raid: Redemption and Cabin in the Woods. 2012=success

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EXTomar

This year isn't any more or less awful than any other year. Some movies where good and some not so.

My disappointments:

- The Dark Knight Rises

There are too many plot holes that are too big that broke my suspension of belief. And I didn't realize it till this movie that the actual fight choreography is terrible in all each of the three movies (except for a few scenes) where I didn't notice them in Batman Begins or Dark Knight because the movie had very little focus on that combat but it was all over this movie.

- Prometheus

Another movie with one too many plot holes that broke my suspension of belief. It played with some great ideas but always in a clumsy manner where I can't tell if the problems where do to editing, the script or what. Fastbender

Although I would strictly call The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey a disappointed, I am "concerned. There was a lot of weirdness that borderline on flaws in this movie from expanded content that doesn't actually expand anything to inappropriate action scenes just to break up the expanded content. This was kind of a hard movie to take in at the length it is at where I'm wonder and worry what could they possibly do for the rest.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By viking_funeral
  • The Avengers
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Looper
  • Prometheus
  • Skyfall
  • Django Unchained
  • The Hobbit
  • Chronicle
  • Argo

And those are just the movies I enjoyed. The wife really liked The Hunger Games. So, probably one of the better years in recent memory.

I might have disliked the Hobbit more if I had higher expectations, but it managed to meet them enough to see it twice. (Awesome local theater with $6 tix helps.)

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By Vonocourt

Gotta remind myself what came out this year, but I really enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook. Which is really great since I usually walk away from romantic comedies angry even if they're good because I'm bitter and lonely. In fact, that same night I had to turn Take This Waltz off twenty minutes into it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vinny_Says

yeah you're right...Drive can't come out every year after all.

But on a serious note, there were plenty of awesome movies this year.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thomasnash

Yeah, I have to say that I think saying that you only saw two movies this year - both of which you enjoyed - and using that to say that 2012 was a bad year for films is pretty short-sighted of you. I guess your point is that those were the only two films that you were interested in seeing. From my point of view I just can't get behind that. I've not seen all these films, but in terms of films that have interested me this year there have been a whole heck of a heap:

Haywire; Coriolanus; Rampart; This is Not a Film; Attenburg ; 21 Jump Street (a nice surprise) ; Jeff Who Lives at Home (watched this last night, was pretty good); The Raid: Redemption; We have a Pope; Headhunters; Where do we go Now?; Rust and Bone; Moonrise Kingdom; Beasts of the Southern Wild; Searching for Sugar Man; 2 Days in New York; The Master; Amour; Argo;

Even if you're not really into arthouse and documentary type stuff, there's plenty of stuff that I would kind of assume fits your taste based on the (and I really have to stress this) two films you saw:

The Avengers; Skyfall; Cabin in the Woods; Looper; Premium Rush; the hunger games - all offered intelligent, or at least supremely competent takes on their respective genres. And that's to say nothing of the less highly regarded but still enjoyable stuff like Spiderman; Lockout; Prometheus; Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter; Brave; The Bourne Legacy; Dredd; Pusher; Jack Reacher.

Maybe it's just because I am the sort of guy who keeps up with cinema, but I can't really think of any year that I'd call a bad year for cinema. I feel like across its various forms the film industry consitently produces a varied, interesting and generally high quality menu. Perhaps more so than the Games industry in recent years.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By probablytuna

Yes, it's just you.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#45  Edited By Icemael

The Raid: Redemption was amazing and The Avengers, Dredd, The Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, and Resident Evil: Retribution were all really good. Argo, Sinister, The Amazing Spider-Man, Lockout and The Hobbit, while not great, were also good, enjoyable movies.

The year could've been better but it certainly hasn't been awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Didn't Looper and Django Unchained come out this year? Those are both awesome movies.

Dragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dragonborn

Guys, i read many of you ''You watched only 2 movies in 2012'' or ''you didn't watched any movies''. Did you read the article? I watched 2 movies in cinema, this doesn't mean i didn't watched any other film of 2012. I watched many of them in my home, in my TV etc. With no cost. Movies like The Grey, Cabin in the Woods, Cloud Atlas, Life of Pi, Prometheus, Killer Joe etc.

@Marcsman: oh, haha, i was sure someone would post this. Sorry dude, i find Avengers totally Mindless.

@BaneFireLord: i have not chcecked this, yet. Thanks dude.

@FLYmeatwad: i have seen all these movies, except of Django Unchained, Holy motros and Margarted (never heard of this). But the ones that i think was very good was Life of Pi and ''The Grey'', as i said in my, article.

@PeasantAbuse , i have heard Skyfall is overrated. I have not see it yet.

Dragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dragonborn

@GetEveryone: Dude, @PenguinDust said:

@MikkaQ said:

This. There wasn't a defining "holy shit" moment in film this year so perhaps that's why it feels worse than it actually was.

Maybe it's this. I don't know.

, you are right. So, let's explain. Prometheus for me was not what i was waiting for, i didn't totally like it. As for Cabin in the Woods, just a good movie.

The Grey: very good, after Dark Knight Rises + The Hobbit, it was the best of the year for me.

Avengers: Totally mindless.

The Master: Didn't liked it. I was bored after the first minutes. Sorry...

Cloud Atlas: Good, but just for watching in your home. I DID not wanted to pay for it.

Ted: Awful.

Spiderman: Didn't like it... but, i am not fan of Spiderman.

Chronicle: Enjoyable.

And many others i saw, and i was bored after some minutes.....

Yes, they were good movies (Grey, Cloud Atlas, Cabin in the Woods) but the awesome ones was just two. At least, for me.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I have failed you.

No Caption Provided
DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DopeToast

You didn't really see many movies this year. It's hard to make a judgement call on the whole year with data like that.