A Big Announcement for my Blog...

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

Edited By BlackRedGaming

After nearly two years of writing on Giant Bomb, I have decided to launch a website. I guess I thought my writing was good enough to have its own website (how ridiculous), so I decided to start one. I am also changing my name from TheMist997 to Black Red Gaming. The website will house all of my previous writings as well as all of my future ones, as well as some small extra things like my Twitter account and more. Don't worry, I will still write here on Giant Bomb (or worry if you hate me), but now there is another place to check out my blog.

I created the website for two reasons: the first reason is to have a more professional portfolio. If my work is to act as a portfolio, then I believe it will look better on its own website than on a forum website. Not to say that Giant Bomb is bad or anything, but I think that having a website is more professional. The second reason for this website is to expand my blog. Expansion is more of a dream than a reality as of now, but the idea is that I hopefully gain a subscriber base, and with that I can open new avenues for my blog such as requesting review copies and more. Again, more of a dream than a reality, but one can dream.

I got a little too excited and launched the website early, so as of now the website is incomplete. I still have a lot of work to port over from here to the site, as well as some other small things. Besides that, the site is open for business. If you do see any issues with the website, you can report it under the 'contact' tab.

I normally don't like to ask for things, but subscribing on my website will be a big help. Even if you plan on ignoring me, subscribing helps a lot.

That's about all I have to say. The website can be found.................. here. Thank you for reading my writings throughout the past two years, and here's to the future.

Update: The website is now complete! All of my previous work is now in the website.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DanishingAct

Good luck duder! Site looks nice on mobile.

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danishingact: Thanks! I would also say thanks for the nice-looking site, but I can't take the credit from squarespace. But thanks again!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Subscribed, I always feel weird when I pimp out my things online, so I definitely want to help others. The site looks nice, by the way, clean and simple.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have a Squarespace site I use for some community/volunteer work, it’s a great service, especially since I’m old and can’t be bothered to deal with my limited and dated HTML/xHTML/CSS knowledge.

Site looks cool and I recognized some of those blogs from here at nuke.com.

Good luck!

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: Thank you! I know how you feel when it comes to feeling weird about this stuff. I don't feel like my writing is great, but this website makes me feel like I think my writing is good enough.

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: Thanks! I've been enjoying Square a lot too. I have hit some walls with it (I wish I had some more control over summary blocks), but I still really like its simplicity and style.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Best of luck with this duder. You're one of the best currently active bloggers on the site and I hope this move works out for you. You've more than earned my subscription.

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danielkempster: Thanks! That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever told me on this site. The biggest concern I have with the move is that the whole thing feels rather pretentious. Still, I am excited for what is to come. Thank you so much again!

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Subscribed and good luck!

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thatbendorf

This is very cool! I have subscribed and am looking forward to seeing where this takes you.

Congrats!

Xrott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So these Squarespace podcast ads actually work, huh?

Anyways, good luck to you!

If you're looking for the option to change your username on this site, it's a bit hidden, but you can find it by hovering over your avatar in the top-right corner, clicking on "Billing" and then "Change Email/Password" (or simply https://www.giantbomb.com/change-details/ ).

At least that's how it worked a few years ago when I changed my username, I think.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I'll have to check this out at some point. Any reason behind choosing the Black & Red as your color scheme or just a fan of those colors? I think it's cool.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the site, subscribed! I liked the few articles I read so I will continue to return :)

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrott: I'll definitely check that out. Thanks for the tip

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: Those are the two colors I like. It started with one of the Call of Duty games with an emblem creator. I'm not artistic, so I just made two squares; one red and one black, and that is what I have been using as a profile pic since. I have thought about making a website for a long time, and throughout I thought that name would be a good name to use (better than TheMist997 at least).

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Congrats man! Best of luck to your new website!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Neat! Good luck duder!

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you all for the wonderful support you have given me in launching this site.

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: The site now has all of my work and is now complete.