takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By takashichea

@finaldasa said:

@fisk0: It isn't community run anymore and hasn't been solely community run for awhile. Tom Pinchuk has been doing videos for AV for several years now and the revamped Youtube series will be headed by him I believe. So he's their "host" essentially.

I was under the impression it was community run. Back at Anime Expo 2013, I met Tom in person. He thank me and everyone for work that we had done. He encourage me to seek out users and get them to do stuff for the front page, spotlight user highlights, and start up projects.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I think the core problem with the sister sites were they didn't draw their own audiences- they just inherited a subset of the Giant Bomb audience. You gotta imagine it's not good business to spend loads of money hiring new people to cover new things only to advertise to the people were already advertise to.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#54  Edited By sammo21

Really hard for me to get into the Anime Vice and Comic Vine communities. Seems all the "Communities" really wanted to do was make fanboy threads about "x character vs x character". I would constantly try and start discussions or reply and no one talks; its just "SUPERMAN VS GOHAN"...screw that noise,

kahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not going to lie, forgot it even existed. Granted I'm not an anime fan.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sammo21 said:

Really hard for me to get into the Anime Vice and Comic Vine communities. Seems all the "Communities" really wanted to do was make fanboy threads about "x character vs x character". I would constantly try and start discussions or reply and no one talks; its just "SUPERMAN VS GOHAN"...screw that noise,

I used to frequent AnimeVice and I've been over at Comic Vine a lot lately, but you are certainly right about the excessive amount of "Battles" and "RP" threads. I used to block them or compile my favorites section to just General, Previews, and Off-Topic. I could never figure out the irrational mash-ups people argue over, but it seems to garner traffic and that's helps with the advertising, so I can't fault it. I wish there was a better place to just talk about the mediums (anime & comics) without the "Titans vs Avengers" stuff, but it is what it is.