police just said: over 80 killed at utøya 

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By Simplexity

80 people majority of them Children with bright futures, absolutely shocking and horrific.

Humanity is a scary thing that's for sure, that's the one thing I take away from this. A human is capable of doing just about anything no matter how gruesome or brutal it may be.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#253  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

80 people?  That's far worse than I ever imagined.  This is horrific.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#254  Edited By xMP44x

It's 80 now? Oh Jesus. I think that's made him one of the serial killers with the highest body count, unfortunately.  I've also read elsewhere that the shooter was armed with an AK-47 rifle? If so, I'm sure that will raise some questions seeing as it was reported as being an automatic weapon. It's tragic to think that in spite of all the brilliant things the human race as done we are still motivated to kill one another for reasons that nobody is certain of. Norway is such a peaceful country so it is impossibly saddening to discover that the harmony and peace has been shattere by the scum of the earth.

@Prodstep said:

Absolutely disgraceful, are these people behind that shitrag remotely human?

Of course not. They're owned by Rupert Murdoch, who owns the company responsible for the phone hacking of a murdered schoolgirl. Humanity and humility are two qualities that you are advised not to have should you choose to work in a News International owned environment. The Sun is a shit paper; it's that simple. I liked the News of the World a bit for some reason. The name is good, but unfortunately the company that owns it is not. If I had things my way I'd have been selling off the rights to the name and letting another group take it. Re-release it in 2012 as a respectable newspaper and you could retain the history the name holds.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#255  Edited By PeasantAbuse
@xMP44x: This doesn't make him a serial killer.  It does however make him a mass murderer. 

And how the fuck did the body count get up to 80?  A few hours ago I read that it was 17!
Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#256  Edited By Matfei90

80?! Oh my god... :(

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#257  Edited By toowalrus

@Worthy said:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002651290254 this is the person responsible. He matches the age, he lives in the address that the police has raided a little while ago. And his pictures blurred on Norwegian Newsreports are the same as his. He makes me fucking puke

They must have taken his page down, because I can't view it from here. It doesn't really matter what he looks like, but I was still interested...

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By gike987
@PeasantAbuse said:

@xMP44x: This doesn't make him a serial killer.  It does however make him a mass murderer.  And how the fuck did the body count get up to 80?  A few hours ago I read that it was 17!

This would probably make him the mass murderer with the highest body count. I know serial killers worse than this, but no mass murderer.

@TooWalrus: His twitter is till up.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By xMP44x
@PeasantAbuse said:

@xMP44x: This doesn't make him a serial killer.  It does however make him a mass murderer.  And how the fuck did the body count get up to 80?  A few hours ago I read that it was 17!

I'm just realising my mistake. Whoops! For a mass murderer though, he has still jumped right up the charts, which is tragic regardless of the classification of his act. As for the rapid increase in the number of fatalities, it likely stems from the time left after injury to medical support, or some of the victims simply bled to death.

@TooWalrus said:

@Worthy said:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002651290254 this is the person responsible. He matches the age, he lives in the address that the police has raided a little while ago. And his pictures blurred on Norwegian Newsreports are the same as his. He makes me fucking puke

They must have taken his page down, because I can't view it from here. It doesn't really matter what he looks like, but I was still interested...

I would not be surprised if Facebook did take his page down, in order to prevent controversy and groups such as Fox News suggesting extremists use Facebook to organize attacks against the world. His Twitter account, @AndersBBreivik is not yet down, though it almost definitely will go down soon enough.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#260  Edited By Chris2KLee

This is such an utter tragedy. The pain this country is feeling right now I can't imagine. My thought are with the victims and their families. Truly a sad day.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#261  Edited By raiz265
@xMP44x said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

I'm just realising my mistake. Whoops! For a mass murderer though, he has still jumped right up the charts, which is tragic regardless of the classification of his act.  

@TooWalrus said:

@Worthy said:

I would not be surprised if Facebook did take his page down, in order to prevent controversy and groups such as Fox News suggesting extremists use Facebook to organize attacks against the world. His Twitter account, @AndersBBreivik is not yet down, though it almost definitely will go down soon enough.
Lucky us, he had E-Sports listed as one of his interests on Facebook... :|

Still can't believe how one fucking guy singlehandedly kills 80 people... 
jesus..... 

edit: not even people... fucking KIDS
Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Worthy

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2098138386146&set=s.144528552292509&type=1&theater how the fuck can someone that is Norwegian be so fucking cold

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By PeasantAbuse
@gike987 said:
@PeasantAbuse said:

This would probably make him the mass murderer with the highest body count. I know serial killers worse than this, but no mass murderer.

He's definitely up there, unless you count terrorist attacks as mass murder (I do, but I'm not sure if they are "technically" in the same category). Either way it doesn't matter, this is really fucked up.  Makes me feel similar to the way I did on 9/11, I hope this motherfucker pays.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Wow.. 80+....

There are not even words.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Simplexity

@raiz265: It is atleast 80 that's the worst part, the number can only rise tragically.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By xMP44x
@raiz265 said:
Lucky us, he had E-Sports listed as one of his interests on Facebook... :| Still can't believe how one fucking guy singlehandedly kills 80 people... jesus.....   edit: not even people... fucking KIDS
 Well, if Fox News gets their hands on this information, expect Call of Duty to have been responsible. Of course the game handed him an assault rifle and ammunition. Of course the game went as far as loading the rifle for him. Of course the game is corrupting the minds of children. Really though? No. It's not the game that caused it, and I hope that the man responsible pays dearly for what he's done. Speaking from one perspective, it's not hard to kill eighty people when they're not armed and you are, but it is hard in a completely different way. He was shooting children so that is probably even more of a strain mentally since society teaches us children are innocent and should not be the targets of attacks such as those.

@PeasantAbuse said:
He's definitely up there, unless you count terrorist attacks as mass murder (I do, but I'm not sure if they are "technically" in the same category). Either way it doesn't matter, this is really fucked up.  Makes me feel similar to the way I did on 9/11, I hope this motherfucker pays.
I put it all under the heading of 'tragedies', personally. I still stand by my idea of drowning this fucker in the Arctic Ocean, to be honest. But first, they should have some fun with him. The Chinese system of 'death by a thousand cuts' could be applied to some extent before the rest of my idea comes into effect. That would be painful - and more painful still is the fact that salt could be combined for additional agony. I hope they make him feel nothing but agony for the rest of his life, which should be cut short in turn for what he's done.
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Dylabaloo

This is hideous! Up to 80 killed! Shocking stuff.

Esten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Esten

This is the worst feeling I have ever gotten. At first I knew of a large bombing, and 1 confirmed death. Then I read on the news that another person had died, and that there were an on-going shooting at Utøya, but at the time I thought it was an misunderstanding, that it was just a crazy rumour created by the chaos. Suddently 7 people were confirmed dead from the explotion, around the same time that the gunman was captured. Just as I thought it had ended, witnesses reported to have seen at least 30 people killed, but even that seemed like an exaggaration. The police confirmed 10 deaths at Utøya, which is awful enough on it's own, but at least not as awful as 30.

At this point I was talking with friends and about how awful it was, and how awful it could have been. When I heard that at least 80 people had been confirmed dead, I got sick. These were kids, my age, from the same country as I, who were attending the friendliest event I could have imagined, a youth-political camp, where kids get together to have fun and learn about politics. I literally could not have imagined a friendlier place. I know it doesn't make a difference who they were, killing is always terrible, but I really could not have imagined this happening in Norway, and at a place like that. Whenever I hear of terrible things like this, It's usually in another part of the world, affecting people that are different that I. Now it actually happened to people just like me.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By KarlPilkington

This is fucking horrible.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By xMP44x
@Esten said:

Now it actually happened to people just like me.

Unfortunately, it's the people who least expect it who experience a terrorist attack. Norway would have been one of the last countries I would have expected terrorism in; my heart goes out to everyone in the country who has been effected by what has happened. It's terrible because I have a friend in Norway, and another one of my friends also has a friend in Norway.
Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Kandycane2029
@Chabbs0 said:

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#272  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@Kandycane2029 said:

@Chabbs0 said:

magellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By magellan

I don't mean to make light of a tragic situation, but this is eerily similar to the movie "Rampage" by Uwe Boll

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Simplexity

@magellan said:

I don't mean to make light of a tragic situation, but this is eerily similar to the movie "Rampage" by Uwe Boll

Thanks for saying what absolutely did not need to be said.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#275  Edited By Animasta

it wasn't really kids, the "youth" camp means 15-25 year olds, as far as I know; still doesn't make it ok, just sayin

cheebaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By cheebaking

You know, Terrorism, as abhorrent as it is, I could always try to understand. I could make an attempt to see their side of the story. No matter how wrong someone may be I always felt they must be able to justify their action in some way at the very least to themselves.

This? I can't. I can't even fathom what could possibly drive any person to do this bar intense neurological problems.

It's disgusting. And its one of the few times that a piece of news has genuinely made me feel literally sick.

I can't imagine how the people of Norway must feel.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By KarlPilkington

@cheebaking: If you factor that there where 31 murders in the whole of Norway last year, the total death count today of around 90 so far is astounding for the country.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#278  Edited By Matfei90
@xMP44x said:
It's terrible because I have a friend in Norway
So do I... A very good one too :(
ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By ervonymous

I can't believe the bombing ended up being a lesser tragedy.. Hang in there dear neighbors.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#280  Edited By Vinny_Says
@gike987 said:
@PeasantAbuse said:

The 9/11 hijackers?
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Dany

Oh no! Last I heard the death toll was around 15-20. This is seriously tragic. Is their any idea if the man detained is affiliated with any groups? A bombing and a shooting, he couldn't have done it alone, right?

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Simplexity

@Dany: All signs point to this being a one man job, the bomb site is a good 45 minute drive from ut øya so he could've done it alone.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Worthy

Some reports from BT.no says he spoke with someone on a headset while killing them, and some of the witnesses say people dressed as police officers, not person as some say.
 And the police is dodging the question about possibly more then one person.

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By darkstorn
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By RsistncE

The fact that many media outlets are still finding ways to tie the Al-Qaeda boogeyman into this is pretty rich - the guy arrested for the attacks is apparently hard right and anti-muslim. Oh well, I guess the bullshit machine gotta keep spinning right?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Vodun
Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#288  Edited By Nomin

87 people dead, what a stunning catastrophe. 
Condolences and heartfelt sadness for all those who were the victims, and all Norwegians. Simply unacceptable and unforgivable, these radicals of all stripes are going to be the death of all what humanity stands for.  
How could one person be so hateful and deprived of any conscience to even attempt this? I am almost tempted to open the guy's head up and examine his brain in morbid curiosity to see whether he had any brain deformities. Probably there were accomplices, smoke the rats out and give them what for.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#289  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

I am lost for words... My heart goes out to all Norwegians.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#291  Edited By Draugen

I can feel shock giving way to anger this morning. Time to dust off the high-treason paragraph, and line the fucker up against the walls of Akershus Fortress.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Simplexity

@Draugen: I feel the same way man, it kinda scares me to be honest, but I want this guy to fry I want him to experience as much pain as humanly possible, just pure hatred for the man.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Vodun

@Prodstep said:

@Draugen: I feel the same way man, it kinda scares me to be honest, but I want this guy to fry I want him to experience as much pain as humanly possible, just pure hatred for the man.

I think something like this is more appropriate:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#294  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

EDIT: read through more recent stuff, hadn't realized this thread was almost a day old. Jesus, that sucks. My heart goes out to the poor people suffering from this in whatever way.

Man, that is some rough shit. Sometimes I forget how terrifyingly powerful explosives can be. Readying some translated articles, it looks like so far only two people have been found dead, although several were apparently severely injured. Let's hope those injured don't become casualties.

@Worthy said:

I am still quite shaken up, as I was up in Karl Johan street when it went off. I am just glad I was far enough away to not get hit by debris or anything.

Glad your ok man.

@Klei said:

@Niall_Sg1 said:
I'm doubting this is a terrorist attack, hopefully. I heard it's a national holiday in Norway today so the area where the attack took place was pretty empty, which seems counter intuitive for terrorists. It might have been some construction work.. Hopefully not many are injured.
You mean, hopefully NO ONE are injured? You speak as if it was all chill and cool. A fucking bomb exploded, dude. People's lives are at stake here. Anyone who puts a bomb in a building and detonates it is a terrorist, no matter their nationality.

I'm not sure it's any better to be totally unrealistic than hopeful. Those pictures would have to have been taken in a ghost town for no one to have been injured, and it was already stated that people were injured but with no definite number. I don't think he is saying that it was a non-terrorist bomb, judging by the last bit he isn't convinced it was a bomb in the first place. Either way, you are over-reacting a bit mate. It's a tragedy, yes, but that doesn't mean you need to let go of common sense.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Lifestrike

Freedom vs Not Freedom is an argument that is simply too epic to argue anymore.

This could always happen. Everyone here knows it. Everyone is basically free to do it.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Dylabaloo

@Lifestrike said:

This could always happen. Everyone here knows it. Everyone is basically free to do it.

That's why laws are in place, freedom does not give you the right to kill someone.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By swoxx

Wow, I go to bed with a death count of 17, and now that I wake up 8 hours later its up to 87? Damn...words just aren't enough.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By Lifestrike
@Dylabaloo said:

@Lifestrike said:

That's why laws are in place, freedom does not give you the right to kill someone.

But it does not take away the ability.

Freedom grants us all the ability to create atrocity. We chose not to, the perpetrator chose to.

It is the ancient price of freedom.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By MeierTheRed

they aired it pretty much all day yesterday on TV here in Denmark. Its horrible, i can't believe this has come so close to home. Terrorists are the scum of the earth.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By gike987
@pornstorestiffi said:
they aired it pretty much all day yesterday on TV here in Denmark. Its horrible, i can't believe this has come so close to home. Terrorists are the scum of the earth.
They have aired NRK1 on SVT's site all night here in Sweden. I have stayed up all night watching it. It's hard to believe this really happened.