• 181 results
Avatar image for chrono_defying_ninja
Chrono_Defying_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Just wanted to post this thread to ask if there are any fellow christian gamers on giantbomb?

As a Christian who plays games, I wondered if there was any others on giant bomb that shared my interests in games and also enjoy playing the types of games that I like playing.
So the goal of this thread is my way of trying to grow a community per say and get to know like minded people better.
 In order to do this I will first tell you what type of games I own and play.

I have lots of games, however only my DS, DSi and PC connect to the net so I will focus only on them.

PC Games
  • Grand theft auto series
  • Half life series
  • Borderlands (Recent purchase, thanks steam & valve)
  • Alien swarm (Not touched it yet, need people to play with)
  • Team fortress

I have other games on the pc as well, I will perservere to try to add them to collection list as soon as I can.

I love RPG's so I have the elder scrolls games, torchlight, fable: TLC and others (mainly on other platforms though)

DS Games

• Final Fantasy III
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  • Chrono Trigger
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

I have other DS games as well and will try and get a collection list together for these soon.

So reply back if you are a christian or not & tell me more about the games that you enjoy playing and maybe we could play some multiplayer or co-op in the future.

Rules

• Please do not slam each other. Keep it clean and show each other respect at all times.
  • Please do not spam this thread. Keep it on topic and relevant.
  • Please do not post hate comments, do not judge others & this discussion is for EVERYONE irrespective if you are a christian or not.
  • No Theological debates, this topic is focused on gaming and does not discuss christianity, islam or any other religion or the like.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Just like a Christian who knows the truth... let there be rules.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

Lol.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I'm a christian gamer, well I don't go to church anymore. What am I playing? Well mostly right now i'm playing just cause 2 and oblivion with all the dlc content again. I don't play online much though. You won't find many christian gamers here, thought you should know. That's all i'm saying.

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RJay_64

Isn't Grand Theft Auto against your Christian rules?  I mean why would you play a game like that if you followed Christ?

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ramyun

I'm an LDS member and we have a main focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ so I guess that counts. Yeah, right now I'm getting my way through Darksiders and Valkyria Chronicles which are pretty awesome right now. Though I do still play MW2 (yeah I know), main personal principle is to not get so worked up about it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Claude
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I'm a christian gamer, well I don't go to church anymore. What am I playing? Well mostly right now i'm playing just cause 2 and oblivion with all the dlc content again. I don't play online much though. Look it's rare to have a christian gamer here on the site, thought you should know. That's all i'm saying.

"
That was fucking amazing. You truly are... a Christian Gamer.
InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By InTheEnd
@Chrono_Defying_Ninja said: 
  • No Theological debates, this topic is focused on gaming and does not discuss christianity, islam or any other religion or the like.
Really? Then use the other entirety of this fucking site! What's the point in even having this thread? Given your taste of games it doesn't seem Christians gamers are very different. Or are we heathens not good enough for you?
CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

I dont understand why being a Christian has to do with anything.    

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Claude
@CRAzYKiLL3R93 said:
"   I dont understand why being a Christian has to do with anything.     "
Do you play video games? Are you a Christian? Questions are being asked.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Bones8677

I'm a Christian gamer. My favorite games tend to be Action and Shooter games. MW2, Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted. Lately I've been trying to go back to my pile of unfinished games on my 360 and PS3. Like, Batman: AA, Psychonauts, and Shadow of the Colossus.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dipstick

This thread is going to be awesome.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By WickedCestus

DISCRIMINATORY.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ramyun
@InTheEnd: Well I think it's just to have some common ground. He's not saying we're any better or worse. Also, just because we believe in Christ doesn't mean we're restricted or anything. For my Church we have the agency to do whatever we want, but we won't be able to choose the consequences of our actions.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By subject2change

CONVERT THE HEATHEN!

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Giantsquirrel
@CRAzYKiLL3R93 said:
Agreed. Nothing like finding more ways to divide an already divisive community. Why don't we forget all that bullshit and just yuk it up about, you know, games?
MadThad0890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MadThad0890

Christian Gamers on Giantbomb

>  

lol ok OP
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ajamafalous
@Claude said:
" @CRAzYKiLL3R93 said:
Do you play video games? Are you a Christian? Questions are being asked. "
Dunno why Claude but your response made me laugh.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Claude
@ajamafalous said:
" @Claude said:
" @CRAzYKiLL3R93 said:
Do you play video games? Are you a Christian? Questions are being asked. "
Dunno why Claude but your response made me laugh. "
Laugh, think... I take all of the above. This thread could have a good story.
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Yup sure am, i see by your rules that you know what happens when religion is mentioned on forums. I think you could of done without the christian part, and still found like minded gamers.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gunstar

This thread seriously makes no sense.

"Hey I'm Christian I bought some games, lets play them. But also it's cool if you're not Christian, we can still play games and talk".

Isn't that just playing games online.

Chrono_Defying_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InTheEnd said:
" @Chrono_Defying_Ninja said: 
Really? Then use the other entirety of this fucking site! What's the point in even having this thread? Given your taste of games it doesn't seem Christians gamers are very different. Or are we heathens not good enough for you? "
This exactly why I posted that. I also said to not slam one another. Any please look at the third bullet pointy I made. It says "everyone". I simply wanted to know if you were a christian or not, full stop. and that aspect of it cuased me to put this topic in the off topic section of the forums, plus this is for general curiousity also. Please do not take offence at my post as there was none in the first place and it helps to read it in context.

What types of games do you play anyway, InTheEnd?

@RJay_64: Well you hit on a nail there with, Grand Theft Auto. I will admit I am not perfect, I do like the game, however that is exactly what it is, a game, make believe and should not go any further than that. As that jumped out at you, do you play any Grand Theft Auto RJay_64?

@Claude:
Humerous. You just got a new follower, bud.
commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By commandercup
@gunstar:@gunstar said:
" This thread seriously makes no sense.  "Hey I'm Christian I bought some games, lets play them. But also it's cool if you're not Christian, we can still play games and talk".   Isn't that just playing games online. "
This man speaks the truth! 

OP basically said: I'm a Christian, I like games, tell me what games you like and whether you are Christian or not. 

lol... and for the record, I'm Christian! Wooo
memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By memo

I'm catholic, people might say thats the same as being christian but its not I dont go to church but I do believe in a greater being so as long as i game and believe its all good.

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25  Edited By RJay_64
@Chrono_Defying_Ninja said:

@RJay_64: Well you hit on a nail there with, Grand Theft Auto. I will admit I am not perfect, I do like the game, however that is exactly what it is, a game, make believe and should not go any further than that. As that jumped out at you, do you play any Grand Theft Auto RJay_64?
  "

I used to play GTA3 and some of GTA Vice City and SA.  I'm not that religious anymore, but the violence in GTA was too much for me.  I enjoyed me some hot coffee though
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Claude
@memo said:
" I'm catholic, people might say thats the same as being christian but its not I dont go to church but I do believe in a greater being so as long as i game and believe its all good. "
What do you do when your dick gets hard or your vagina gets wet. Do you do the do? 

Is life a game... to be played?
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ajamafalous
@RJay_64 said:
" I enjoyed me some hot coffee though "

No Caption Provided
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By mrfizzy

well as far as i know the internet is a welcoming and accepting place, no doubt this thread will prosper and create many interesting discussions... ahem. 

roddy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By roddy72

I'm Catholic, own a PS3 (and all the other Playstation platforms). Current personal favs include GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption and Unchated 2. Oh, and gotta' love them Metal Gear Solid's as well :P   

Chrono_Defying_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstar said:
" This thread seriously makes no sense.  "Hey I'm Christian I bought some games, lets play them. But also it's cool if you're not Christian, we can still play games and talk".   Isn't that just playing games online. "
That's another reason it's in the off topic forum. I have actually had quite a lot of my games for a while now, but no one to play with online. So I mention some games that have online components mainly. 
One underlying reason that I asked if you were Christian or not is because out of curiousity I wanted to know exactly what kind of games Christians on here do play. 
But also I am interested in general what everyone plays as I would play online with any person in the games i like playing, irrespective of faith or otherwise.

I am trying to cross over my gaming (what shrapnels I can get in outside of work) into FPS (as I know that seems to be extremely popular) zone for that reason as I do not like MMORPG's but do heavily enjoy RPG's
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Why put gamers into categories? That seems wrong.  Can't people of all races, religions, and creed play together in perfect harmony? Can't everyone agree the only people who deserve our disdain are furries?

InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By InTheEnd
@Chrono_Defying_Ninja: I'm not offended by your theism or your post, I'm just slamming you for making a dumb thread.   "Hey I'm Christian I bought some games, lets play them. But also it's cool if you're not Christian, we can still play games and talk.", that pretty much sums it up for me. If you wanna know if there's Christendom within Giantbomb you could have just asked that one simple question. And if you must know what like to play, I usually go for niché JRPG's, grand strategy games, or anything with a cooperative focus.
mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mshaw006

I'm a Jew and I play games. Any other Jews play games? Anyone can respond, but I'm really just looking for like-minded (read: Jewish) people to play with. I don't have much in common with non-Jews (goys), but you guys can post too I guess.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheHT

This thread is I it what don't understand.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By Gunner

so... you make a topic on a board primarily atheist fanbase about whether or not there are christian gamers and expect people to not bring up religion? 

mkay...

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sfighter21
@InTheEnd said:
" @Chrono_Defying_Ninja: I'm not offended by your theism or your post, I'm just slamming you for making a dumb thread.   "Hey I'm Christian I bought some games, lets play them. But also it's cool if you're not Christian, we can still play games and talk.", that pretty much sums it up for me. If you wanna know if there's Christendom within Giantbomb you could have just asked that one simple question. And if you must know what like to play, I usually go for niché JRPG's, grand strategy games, or anything with a cooperative focus. "
Well we know how previous posts like that have panned out.  It wasn't intended to be a religious argument.  Plus, the guy has 7 posts (last time I checked, that warrants you as a new user).  He's just trying to find "like-minded" people on the site to play games with.  Also, Yes, I am a Christian.  Street Fighter is AWESOME, and RPGs...
StillVictor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StillVictor

I'm a Christian. I play all kinds of games because they are games, not reality. However, I tend to be a nice guy in games like GTA. Just cause I can go around killing everyone, doesn't mean I have to or that I would have fun doing it.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AthleticShark

What makes being a Christian and playing games/going to Giant Bomb so special? 

Sheesh.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By thebeast

What's wrong with you guys? The OP is clearly just asking if there are any like-minded people around here, there's no need to insult the guy, question his intentions or label him a troll. 
You complain about the people on these forums being assholes and then you go and insult someone trying to spark up a friendly conversation. 

Honestly, if you don't like this thread, GTFO and post in a topic that you do have something constructive to say about.

Videogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Videogames

I believe in game.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By LaszloKovacs

I'm an atheist but I'm all for this in theory. I just don't think the community is going to be too kind to you, having been here since its inception.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mariek430
@LaszloKovacs said:
" I'm an atheist but I'm all for this in theory. I just don't think the community is going to be too kind to you, having been here since its inception. "
"we have to go deeper joke here"

Hope this thread rules when I wake up.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Ace829
@TheBeast said:
" What's wrong with you guys? The OP is clearly just asking if there are any like-minded people around here, there's no need to insult the guy, question his intentions or label him a troll. You complain about the people on these forums being assholes and then you go and insult someone trying to spark up a friendly conversation.  Honestly, if you don't like this thread, GTFO and post in a topic that you do have something constructive to say about. "
This.
first2die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By first2die
@MadThad0890 said:
" > 

Christian Gamers on Giantbomb

>  

lol ok OP
"
If this post was not to have a theological debate then why label it Christian gamers? I mean does the thread have so little merit that people will only comment if religion is included in the title?
Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Matfei90

I don't see what religion has to do with this, but I'll play Alien Swarm with you OP. 

My steam tag is the same as my user name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im a buddist, and i play games.

Im rare and i dont care.

fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fixerofdeath

I am an athiest. I throughly enjoy murder simulators. Some of my Christian friends say I'll go to hell for that. I, however, do not care.

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Goldanas

The biggest arguments ignite over simple misunderstandings and miscommunication. OP realizes that specific beliefs aren't always recognized over the Internet in the same way that racial affiliation is often indiscernible due to the anonymous nature of the web. For whatever reason that he is entitled to, be it pride or the deep meaning his beliefs have to him, he wants to know if there are any Christians on the website who play video games like he does. He's not saying any one person is bad or any one person is good; he's just asking if there is anyone like him. 

This message is muddled under syntax and words such as "like-minded", which suggest other intents. It is further complicated by his anticipatory rebuttals to the inevitable backlash. In the latter case, you can't fault him for being overly cautious, especially because of the well-documented backlash towards anyone who affiliates themselves with a religion on this site. I don't wish to say it, but I have to: He has a right to believe whatever he likes as long as it doesn't step on the rights of others, and only he can remove himself of them.  

This is not the time or place to discuss this, and I apologize for continuing along this discussion path, but the ever-present animosity is far more secular than any religion the squabble denounces. 

Essentially, don't be afraid to be more direct about your question next time, OP. You have as much right to ask if there are Christian gamers here, just as much as someone Hispanic can ask if there are any Hispanic gamers here. Be grateful and thankful for who you are and the decisions that have gotten you thus far in life. 

I am not Christian; I am an Atheist. I like to play anything that isn't an RTS, so obviously the past few weeks have been dullsville for me with the advent of Starcraft II.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I'm not Christian, but I'm always up for some Super Street Fighter IV on the 360.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Jethuty said:
" im a buddist, and i play games.  Im rare and i dont care. "
Hey man, Tiger Woods is Buddhist, and he has a video game named after him.