Could I have been bitten by a rabid cat?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By mtcantor

Again, @alekss, I cannot stress this enough. You need to go ASAP. Today would be good. Yesterday would have been better. Yes rabies can take a while to develop, but the post-exposure vaccine needs to be administered as soon as possible if its going to work. The longer you wait, the more likely the vaccine will not work, and you will be dead dead dead, and dead in a really unpleasant way.

They won't even bother to test you. If you go and say I was bitten by a wild cat and the cat escaped, they will immediately start you on the vaccination course.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mtcantor said:

Again, @alekss, I cannot stress this enough. You need to go ASAP. Today would be good. Yesterday would have been better. Yes rabies can take a while to develop, but the post-exposure vaccine needs to be administered as soon as possible if its going to work. The longer you wait, the more likely the vaccine will not work, and you will be dead dead dead, and dead in a really unpleasant way.

They won't even bother to test you. If you go and say I was bitten by a wild cat and the cat escaped, they will immediately start you on the vaccination course.

It's 7:12 PM here. I'll go tommorow as I said.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

@alekss said:

@mtcantor said:

Why let a thing like possible death ruin your dinner plans! :D

Seriously. Go now.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alekss: THIS IS NOT A JOKE! Please go to the hospital right now. It is not something to put off till tomorrow. GO DIRECTLY TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Max_Cherry

@Alekss YES! GET CHECKED NOW! GO TO THE ER OR EVEN CALL 911!!! ONCE RABIES STARTS SHOWING SYMPTOMS YOU ARE DOOMED TO AN EXCRUTIATING AND HORRIBLE DEATH!!! SOME STRAINS OF RABIES HAVE AN INCUBATION PERIOD OF ONLY A FEW DAYS! EVERY SECOND COUNTS! GO NOW!!!!!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This is the guy who cleaned his ear with a match all over again.

Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Storphrax

@Alekss: Do not fuck around with rabies. Get to the ER NOW. The people in this thread aren't just fucking with you; if you delay any longer you very well could die if the vaccine doesn't work in time.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mtcantor

Naw guys, he was really looking forward to that hot pocket, and he has early tickets to the Oz: The Great And Powerful movie tomorrow. He'll just go on Monday. Maybe the week after.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@milkman said:

This is the guy who cleaned his ear with a match all over again.

I remember that. What the fuck was that all about? Who does that? I was also imagining that guy trying to light the match after by sticking it in his ear and trying to strike it outwards.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alekss said:

@mtcantor said:

No, that would be stupid! It could already be to late now let alone tomorrow! You will call 911 and request an ambulance NOW!!! I am seriously worried about you!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Jams

@alekss said:

@mtcantor said:

No, that would be stupid! It could already be to late now let alone tomorrow! You will call 911 and request an ambulance NOW!!! I am seriously worried about you!

Most patients also receive a treatment called human rabies immunoglobulin (HRIG). This is given the day the bite occurred.

Call your doctor right away after an animal bite or after being exposed to animals such as bats, foxes, and skunks. They may carry rabies.

• Call even when no bite took place.

• Immunization and treatment for possible rabies are recommended for at least up to 14 days after exposure or a bite.

There is no known effective treatment for people with symptoms of a rabies infection.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Alekss

As I said, I will go tommorow. I rememeber the match guy, and yes you were dicks to him (you seem to have chased him away, so congrats. Why exactly am I being compared to him when I said I will go tommorow (aka in about 14 fucking hrs) I don't know, but whatever.

I thank you those that convinced me to go, as for the others enjoy shitting on me I guess. I am done with this thread. It's almost 8 PM so I will go to bed because I am really tired ( because I worked, not because of rabies) and I will go tommorow as I said.

The ones that get some morbid pleasure for telling me to die and stuff like that keep doing it, I'm your new match guy I guess because I don't fit the norm. I have to say I do find it funny how you quicly turn on someone and suddently want him dead. Anyway, see you tommorow (I expect this thread to be filled with people shitting on me).

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jking47

@alekss said:

As I said, I will go tommorow. I rememeber the match guy, and yes you were dicks to him (you seem to have chased him away, so congrats. Why exactly am I being compared to him when I said I will go tommorow (aka in about 14 fucking hrs) I don't know, but whatever.

I thank you those that convinced me to go, as for the others enjoy shitting on me I guess. I am done with this thread. It's almost 8 PM so I will go to bed because I am really tired ( because I worked, not because of rabies) and I will go tommorow as I said.

The ones that get some morbid pleasure for telling me to die and stuff like that keep doing it, I'm your new match guy I guess because I don't fit the norm. I have to say I do find it funny how you quicly turn on someone and suddently want him dead, but whatever.

NO ONE WANTS YOU TO DIE WE ARE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE YOUR LIFE!

DO NOT WAIT TILL TOMORROW! 14 FUCKING HOURS COULD MEAN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

GO NOW! PLEASE!

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Max_Cherry

PICK UP THE PHONE AND DIAL 911!!!

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man, these threads where someone has something horribly wrong with them and then decides to not go do the obvious thing immediately always puts my "is this a troll thread or just really dumb" detector way out of wack

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ekami

look guys i just wanted to tell you i justified the wood stick pile in my backyard you don't have to be jerks about it

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

OP was never heard from again....

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Max_Cherry

@Alekss Once more. Please, I am begging you. Call emergency services if you have not done so already. May God bless you.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bennyboy

yes its very posible

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@alekss said:

@canteu said:

@alekss: My problem is, you're essentially letting yourself die, which I'm not a fan of.

My other problem is, you talked shit about somebody I like, when you have this situation as proof of your character.

Go to the hospital.

I didnt talk shit about Hizang, when I said his threads were fucked I didn't mean it in a bad way, but obviously you will see what you want.

In all honesty his threads WERE kinda fucked, and not in a good way.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't this guy read properly? Nobody said they WANTED him dead, but that he COULD very likely die. WTF? This is totally like that match in the ear guy, but even worst. This is no joke, especially since he already waited this long (why he did baffles me.)

I'm kind of speechless.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DO NOT FUCK AROUND WITH POSSIBLE INFECTIONS OR YOUR HEALTH. YOU CAN DIE.

I am going to a friend's wake TOMMOROW. An abcess in his leg muscle spread and it fucking killed him stone dead. Antibiotics and multiple surgeries couldn't save him. Mid 20's. It can fucking happen to you.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Guy makes thread asking if he could potentially have a serious issue.

People tell him its serious get it checked out.

Refuses.

So uh what was the point of making this thread again? Nothing apparently.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MezZa

Well, at least you have plans to get it checked at some point soon. I'd be a lot more worried if you were refusing to go at all. In the future, make sure to go immediately if you're attacked by an animal. Waiting and dying is generally not recommended.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genocidalkitten: if i were a feline perpetrator of mass murder (such as yourself), i don't know if i would be hanging out in this specific thread.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@strife777 said:

Can't this guy read properly? Nobody said they WANTED him dead, but that he COULD very likely die. WTF? This is totally like that match in the ear guy, but even worst. This is no joke, especially since he already waited this long (why he did baffles me.)

I'm kind of speechless.

Who is this match in the ear guy I keep hearing about?

This dude.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then again, if this guy actually became rabid, that would be awesome. A bit like the infected from 28 Days Later or the Miami Zombie. We'd totally get some badass footage of this guy trying to sink his teeth into someone's carotid. At least before the cops show up and put a few rounds into his rabies-infected brain stem.

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By hangedtoaster

This thread wins the internet

Also I seriously thought the topic was called " Could I have been Killed by a rabid Cat?" had to do a double take when I misread it, Anyways go get yourself checked as soon as you can, or if you become a zombie just give us a heads up. i'd appreciate it

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Alekss

This thread wins the internet

Also I seriously thought the topic was called " Could I have been Killed by a rabid Cat?" had to do a double take when I misread it, Anyways go get yourself checked as soon as you can, or if you become a zombie just give us a heads up. i'd appreciate it

If I become a zombie I promise I'll eat you alive slowly and painfully.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Canteu

@alekss: Oh, you're awake already? Well, off to the hospital with you! Scoot, now. On you go.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Alekss

@canteu said:

@alekss: Oh, you're awake already? Well, off to the hospital with you! Scoot, now. On you go.

It's 2:02 AM, the buses travel at 5. Just went to the bathroom and wanted to check the thread and surprisingly not as much hate stuff as I thought (although I bet that will change).

Back to bed I guess.

Edit: TNT is on, never mind

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By StrikeALight

I think we're being trolled.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to need to know the cats name before I offer any advice.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we're being trolled.

Why? because I don't magically fly to the hospital in the middle of the night? If you really wanna know, the reason I'm not worried is because I can't see how a few hours will make a big difference.

If the virus is already too advanced for the shots to work, then it would have been like this even if I went today, and if it will work, then I don't think 3-4 more hrs will change that. If it doesn't work then you can all rejoice when the virus is eating my brain and especially when it hits the centers of pain and I die a slow horrible death. I highly doubt that will happen tho since rabies can usually be cured with no problem after only a week, this is why I'm not afraid. Also there's a high chance the cat doesnt even have rabies.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jking47

@alekss said:

@canteu said:

It's 2:02 AM, the buses travel at 5. Just went to the bathroom and wanted to check the thread and surprisingly not as much hate stuff as I thought (although I bet that will change).

Back to bed I guess.

Edit: TNT is on, never mind

Alright, I am done, I have tried enough, when you find out you are dying maybe you will realize how stupid you have been.

Or you are trolling, in that case good job you got me.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Alekss

@jking47: As I said to the other guy, what do you want me to do? I live in a village an hour away from the city by bus. You want me to call an ambulance, what? Put it like this, by the time TNT is over I will be close to leaving.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Max_Cherry

Where do you live? South Africa, Eastern Europe?

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Alekss

Romania, eastern europe. The shots should be free so that won't be a problem. As I said, a few more hrs.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Max_Cherry

@alekss said:

@max_cherry said:

Romania, eastern europe. The shots should be free so that won't be a problem. As I said, a few more hrs.

That's good to hear. Just go as soon as possible and let us know how things went if you don't mind.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Example1013

Hey, would you mind livestreaming your death after the doctors tell you it's too late to treat you? I'm sure there are tons of people who would find it very interesting.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, just get it done. Cats that attack are probably not in their right mind, a real bad start right there. Could be it was a female with a litter nearby, but that is reaching. My brother was harrassed by a wildcat for probably just that reason while camping, but it never really got too close.

If this is on the level, then my best

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes it could be a rabid cat and yes you should get it checked out asap. Kinda baffling that you didn't go right away.

Also, be prepared for a shitload of shots. Just getting bit by a bat gets you like 10 incredibly painful shots. This cat tore the shit outta you, you'll be getting stabbed all day.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By intro

Hold up, before you go to the doctors. Could you go into greater detail about how you beat it with a piece of wood? I know it was attacking you, but what made you decide to use a piece of wood?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By McGhee

It's going to be so fucked up when this guy dies of rabies.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, one webcam, one locked room, one rabid human. You'll get tons of views, just like that guy who was dying of cancer.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@alekss: Do you mind if I ask you to tell what the doctor said after you've gone? I really want to know if all this hubbub was for naught.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Garfield518

What is it with Romanians and refusing medical help?

Both this guy and Match Ear are from Romania.