Dear Internet: What to do about a broken nail?

• 108 results
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By ShaggE

Whatever you do, DON'T start wailing out a guitar solo, pick or no pick. I know it's in your nature, but that won't end well for your nail.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By scarace360

I tear them off

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By rpgee

Well now, I've come to this late. My first instinct was superglue, but the forum seems divided on that. Go with whatever works, I guess?

And it's very brave of you to come to a video game message board for medical advice, even minor stuff. Would you like some relationship advice as well? I hear we do that a lot.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#104  Edited By Daveyo520

You could always rip it out.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By DoctorWelch

@snide: Just put on fake nails and then file them down to regular size. I bet that would work.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By casper_

gonna want to amputate asap

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#107  Edited By snide

An update!

I went ahead and clearcoated both nails with about 4 thick layers of clear nail polish. Seems to be working great. Thanks for the help everyone.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By artelinarose

@snide said:

An update!

I went ahead and clearcoated both nails with about 4 thick layers of clear nail polish. Seems to be working great. Thanks for the help everyone.

Hopefully that fixes it long enough for your body to do the rest of the work. If not, your best bet is probably to get yourself to the doctor and do the old numb and cut. It's AWFUL(I've had to get that done on my right big toe five times in as many months) but that should fix it once it starts growing back in. Best advice I can give from this point out is to just keep an eye on it. Odds are very, very low that it will get worse, but early warning is the key to success and the last thing you want is an infected finger when your job includes typing all day.

May be difficult, but also try to keep dirt and shit out of there. It sounds like common sense, but sense isn't as common as one would hope.