• 94 results
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wefwefasdf

I have to write a paper about decriminalizing marijuana and I can't really find good sources to cite from the internet. I'll probably get some books from the library in a couple days but I would like to read some good articles about the topic now. Anyone have any recommendations or places that I could search? 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Look up crime rate statistics in places that decriminalized marijuana. Look up how many tax dollars we spend a year imprisoning people for possession of marijuana aka money that wouldn't be spent if it were decriminalized. Google that shit yo.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

good sources to cite? you aint lookin very hard then huh? 

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

Ron Paul always has good quotes, he has a very good argument for decriminalization 

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Suicrat
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Snipzor

I can't contribute much, only Mr X by Carl Sagan. In the end, is there anything else you need? Use it to counter claims about destroying brain cells or something.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf
@TwoOneFive: No. There are just so many that I didn't want to sift through all of them if someone else already has. :p 

Thanks everybody!
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Snipzor said:
" I can't contribute much, only Mr X by Carl Sagan. In the end, is there anything else you need? Use it to counter claims about destroying brain cells or something. "
Yeah dude, if muthafuckin Carl Sagan was a marijuana user, then you don't need anymore proof that marijuana is for the most part harmless and actually very useful/helpful. 
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Seppli

I recently saw a canadian docu about Maryjane and why she has been criminalized in the first place...

• It was to protect the rope industy, which feared the superior and cheaper hemp ropes.
  •  Later, it became an issue for the pharma industry, because THC is beneficial for many ailments. Since it is a natural compound, nobody can claim the rights to it and make a shitload of cash licensing it out. So that's another reason, why it remains banned.
  •  There are bad things to it though. The habitual abuse of THC can cause psychological troubles in rare cases. But these people are pre-disposed for such a thing and thus anything can and will cause depression or worse. 
  •  Also - it makes less aggressive and competitive, which is a problem for the economy and the military. It would do humanity some good, if it were more laid back though. So that's not a valid argument for me.

Most of negatives come from the demonizing campaign against hemp back in the day, when the rope companies fought for it to be banned. It is a misconception. The general public still believes many of the lies spread back then - which just shows how ignorant people can be. It suffers from the stigma of being a harmful drug, which it is not. For the vast majority of people, it would be a positive experience if they'd try it with an open mind. Seriously - what's so bad about a hash brownie? Nothing at all. It's just sweet and gives you an all natural high.

Around here (Switzerland), it was the farmers tradition of smoking hemp, drinking hemp liquors, eating hemp cookies and so forth. A culture which is long since lost to ignorance, because of all the demonizing and the criminalization back in the early days of industrialization.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By damnboyadvance

Google and Ask are some good starts. But since I came here to voice my opinion, I'll just say I think there aren't many good benefits of legalizing it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli
@damnboyadvance said:

" Google and Ask are some good starts. But since I came here to voice my opinion, I'll just say I think there aren't many good benefits of legalizing it. "

I can give you lots of good reasons to legalize it...

• Financial Benefits (taxing the hemp industry will generate billions, the drug wars cut-down will save billions)
  • Medical Benefits (lot's of ailments can be cured or relieved by THC, such as stress, muscle cramps (PMS for example) and all kind of muscular/nerval diseases, cancer patients get relief from it (regaining appetite and energy) and so forth.)
  • Social Benefits (lots of people like THC based products more than alcohol, caffein or nicotin - it's a shame, that 20+% of all citizens (in Switzerland it's an estimated 1/5 of the population), who chose to use THC based products regularly are being treated as criminals, which is wrong and un-democratic)
  • Cultural Benefits (as in developing a culture of appreciation (as seen for tobacco or alcohol), like fine baked goods, liquors and breeding fine plants for such a purpose)
  • Criminalizing of THC gives the responsability over the drugs and it's users to criminals, who usually have really shitty values. The government at least cares about it's citizens. The people in charge have to take responsability back. It belongs in the hand of the democraticly elected governement.

Our governements could end the 'Drug Wars' today and win. If they'd legalize every drug, regulate and tax it, virtually all drug related crime would dissipate instantly and tax revenue would skyrocket. The wealth of the state and it's citizens would rise rapidly, as would happiness. It's a goddamn crime, that the governement hands-over the responsability over the drug trade and it's userbase to criminals by making them illegal. It's the opposite of wisdom at work. 100% pure ignorance. I blame parenthood for this 'rose tinted glasses' approach to many difficult problems. Parents suck. Fighting the world as it is for the childern to grow up in a better place that cannot be and thus failing them both... the world and the childern.

Spending shitloads of time and money on a futile fight is stupid! 'Nuff said.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By trophyhunter

well they always talk about how someone got high and kill a bunch of people 
they never talk about the happy running through the park naked high

pandemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pandemic

NORML is the primary organization fighting for marijuana legalization, with chapters all over the globe.  If you go to their website I'm sure you can find a number of press releases relating to your topic.

Just my two cents: marijuana laws in our country (the US) are moving forward, not back.  Almost every year more states legalize medical marijuana, and California is poised to legalize it at all levels, essentially making it no more illegal than a pack of cigarettes.  If you're like me and you are a big proponent for legalization, then this is definitely a good thing.  Progress is slow, to be sure, but it's moving solidly forward.  Which, I think, is very cool.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli
@trophyhunter said:
" well they always talk about how someone got high and kill a bunch of people  they never talk about the happy running through the park naked high "
They also never talk about the guy, who was about to go on a rampage, but instead smoked a joint and chilled the fuck down... because nobody will ever know it happend. But it did. Definitly.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli
@pandemic said:
" NORML is the primary organization fighting for marijuana legalization, with chapters all over the globe.  If you go to their website I'm sure you can find a number of press releases relating to your topic.  Just my two cents: marijuana laws in our country (the US) are moving forward, not back.  Almost every year more states legalize medical marijuana, and California is poised to legalize it at all levels, essentially making it no more illegal than a pack of cigarettes.  If you're like me and you are a big proponent for legalization, then this is definitely a good thing.  Progress is slow, to be sure, but it's moving solidly forward.  Which, I think, is very cool. "
QFT! California being bankrupt might speed-up the process quite a bit. First California - then the world!
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By natetodamax

The callsigns in Modern Warfare 2.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's been decriminalized here in Massachusetts, but the problem with this is that many smokers have abused it. A lot of the people getting ticketed don't pay the fine, because the police can't legally ask for your ID when you're ticketed for having under and ounce. Now there's pressure to force people to show ID's and to raise the fine for $100 to $1,000. It's fuckin' stupid, and I doubt it'll pass, but it doesn't help the case of those of us hoping to have it legalized.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

I'm a part of NORML, we have some good stuff on it.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Man, I really wanna try me some weed.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Suicrat
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" Man, I really wanna try me some weed. "
It's vastly over-rated.

(But that doesn't mean we should throw people in jail for producing or consuming it.)
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Suicrat said:
" @Vito_Raliffe said:
It's vastly over-rated.    (But that doesn't mean we should throw people in jail for producing or consuming it.) "
But I feel like...if I smoke it, that I'll unlock some part of my brain that contains all of my hidden creativity. It needs to be unleashed! I know some other drugs may be better for that, but weed is the only thing I am comfortable with. I've never even tried a cigarette and never plan to.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Suicrat
@Vito_Raliffe: You'd be well-advised to take the same approach with weed.

Creativity doesn't come with drugs, it comes from a willingness to challenge yourself and push your own barriers. Marijuana doesn't facilitate that, it facilitates laziness, which in essence is the opposite. Notice how a wide array of potheads are into "random" humour? It's because they've given up hope of producing humour as a valuable good, and just let flickering light and loud noises amuse them.
floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By floodiastus
@Suicrat said:
" @Vito_Raliffe: You'd be well-advised to take the same approach with weed.  Creativity doesn't come with drugs, it comes from a willingness to challenge yourself and push your own barriers. Marijuana doesn't facilitate that, it facilitates laziness, which in essence is the opposite. Notice how a wide array of potheads are into "random" humour? It's because they've given up hope of producing humour as a valuable good, and just let flickering light and loud noises amuse them. "
Dude what? :) It helped me understand the foundation of advanced music theory..... Creativity does come with drugs, because they make you see things in a different light. 
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Suicrat
@floodiastus: 
You can accomplish that task without consuming THC. Everything I learned about Aristotle while smoking weed I could have learned by focusing more, and/or reading other translations of his work.

But let's get back on topic here, folks. Just because a person thinks you shouldn't go to jail for growing, selling, or smoking something, doesn't mean he ought to recommend that somebody do any of those things. Your body is yours, Vito. Don't decide based on what I say, or what floodiastus says. You should consult better-informed people than potheads. We've got biased opinions ;)
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Seppli: one of the biggest reasons it was criminalized in the first place was because of racism.  

@Vito_Raliffe

said: 

@Suicrat said: 

@Vito_Raliffe said: 

It's vastly over-rated.    (But that doesn't mean we should throw people in jail for producing or consuming it.) "
But I feel like...if I smoke it, that I'll unlock some part of my brain that contains all of my hidden creativity. It needs to be unleashed! I know some other drugs may be better for that, but weed is the only thing I am comfortable with. I've never even tried a cigarette and never plan to. "

its not overrated at all. nobody sits around arguing OMG MARIJUANA IS INCREDIBLE. no. people just like it and enjoy its effects and thats all they really say. nobody i know that smokes a lot ever brags about it. they never mention it. its just something they enjoy doing. 
and yeah it may actually help you with you're creativity, in that it tends to make you look at things differently. Thats how it is for me when I smoke it, i always view things verrrry plainly and logically. but i'm sure you do perfectly fine without it. you can be totally creative without it, but if you were to get a little high one day, you may see something in a different way and be a little bit creative in a way you didn't expect. i'd say everyone ought to try it at least once to see what all of the fuss is about. after they're done they're going to be like, wow...thats it? and its illegal!? people go to jail because of THAT?!     
i feel as if most people who never tried it usually lie about trying it before or they honestly admit they never have and because of fear and paranoia are completely against it.  
if they weren't things like government telling us it was wrong then would anyone ever think it was?
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Suicrat
@TwoOneFive: No, I'm not an idiot. But there is a really disturbing trend right now in marijuana culture that promotes the alleged virtues of "smoking weed every day". And I don't know why anyone would want to encourage people to do that, that's a serious waste of money and lung capacity.

As for offering Vito advice as to whether or not to smoke it. I don't think you're well placed to make such a recommendation unless you know him well enough. The reason why I cautioned him against it isn't because I think drugs are bad for all people, it's because I have no real way of knowing whether or not drugs are good for him. A person idly commenting on the internet "man I'd love to try me some weed" isn't necessarily the best person to say "yeah, dude! By all means! Here's a half-ounce!"

Also, you'll notice that I've consistently stated throughout this and other threads on the subject that I am opposed to its criminalization, but that doesn't mean I have to be wholeheartedly in favour of its use.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seppli
@TwoOneFive said:

" @Seppli: one of the biggest reasons it was criminalized in the first place was because of racism.  

@Vito_Raliffe

said: 

@Suicrat said: 

@Vito_Raliffe said: 

But I feel like...if I smoke it, that I'll unlock some part of my brain that contains all of my hidden creativity. It needs to be unleashed! I know some other drugs may be better for that, but weed is the only thing I am comfortable with. I've never even tried a cigarette and never plan to. "
its not overrated at all. nobody sits around arguing OMG MARIJUANA IS INCREDIBLE. no. people just like it and enjoy its effects and thats all they really say. nobody i know that smokes a lot ever brags about it. they never mention it. its just something they enjoy doing. and yeah it may actually help you with you're creativity, in that it tends to make you look at things differently. Thats how it is for me when I smoke it, i always view things verrrry plainly and logically. but i'm sure you do perfectly fine without it. you can be totally creative without it, but if you were to get a little high one day, you may see something in a different way and be a little bit creative in a way you didn't expect. i'd say everyone ought to try it at least once to see what all of the fuss is about. after they're done they're going to be like, wow...thats it? and its illegal!? people go to jail because of THAT?!     i feel as if most people who never tried it usually lie about trying it before or they honestly admit they never have and because of fear and paranoia are completely against it.  if they weren't things like government telling us it was wrong then would anyone ever think it was? "

Racism was part of the demonizing campaign started by the rope industry. Like having pictures of the black and scary 'Reefer Madness Man', listening to Jazz all day.

As for the smoking pot part. I'd advise against the daily use of it. But getting high once in a blue moon, that's fantastic. On a special occassion, like when you go to see your favorite band live for example. Or because fucking under the influence can be very awesome for some people. Personally, I went form daily consumption to having one or two joints a year. I don't miss it, nor do I crave it, but when I have it, I love it. For me it's like tapping into a vibe, a beat, an energy hidden from me otherwise. I enjoy running, when stoned. Listening to music. And fucking. Any kind of physical excercie actually.

The thing is, when I was young, I was under the influence all the time, which wasn't a good thing. Not because I was an addict, but because I remain fully functional under the influence and chose to be stoned all the time. Still - that's abuse of a substance and abuse always has side-effects. So little amounts of THC give me energy. A lot of THC will have the opposite effect. Wet noodle syndrome. Just hangin'... 

Anyways - I am an experience tripper and know my biochemistry well. My years with drug expermentation have given me a lot of insight in the matter. Nobody can deal with drugs right away and everybody is likely to abuse them. Just like virtually everybody does abuse alcohol at first. But then you get older and more reasonable (hopefully) and start to understand the pleasure of tempering subtely with your biochemistry. I enjoy to cook me a meal, which makes me biochemically happy for example, instead of using any kind of pharmaceuticals, alcohol or recreational drugs for that sake. And that I can do on a daily basis, no strings attached. Same goes for the biochemical heavens of physical excercise.

Still, every now and then, it's nice to be trippin'... Everybody should grow up to be open to drugs. The world would be a better place for it. Just keep in mind. It's only the biochemical truth, that drugs help you experience. Everything else is up to you.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK

Anyone remember that guy who was the head drugs advisory board for the UK government who then got sacked after he told them that cannabis was far less dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol...?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Seppli
@crunchUK said:
" Anyone remember that guy who was the head drugs advisory board for the UK government who then got sacked after he told them that cannabis was far less dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol...? "
Sounds like the populist thing to do...
floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By floodiastus
@Suicrat said:
" @floodiastus:  You can accomplish that task without consuming THC. Everything I learned about Aristotle while smoking weed I could have learned by focusing more, and/or reading other translations of his work. But let's get back on topic here, folks. Just because a person thinks you shouldn't go to jail for growing, selling, or smoking something, doesn't mean he ought to recommend that somebody do any of those things. Your body is yours, Vito. Don't decide based on what I say, or what floodiastus says. You should consult better-informed people than potheads. We've got biased opinions ;) "
Actually I tried for a long time to understand the logic behind the things I once I smoked understood in an instant. It's like saying you don't need a boat to travel to russia, you can swim just as well. :)  Anyway, im not really biased as im not currently smoking, it increases my tinnitus contrary to popular belief. But the years I smoked pot are the most enlightened years of my life.  

I actually think the growth of ones psyche is a vital part of evolution and it propels us forward, everyone should do it enough times to see things in a different light, it is our responsibility as humans to wake up from our enslaved sociatal slumber ^_^
Avatar image for everybody_poops
Everybody_Poops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Everybody_Poops

Im a heavy marijuana user and I got the highest mark on my first year Calculas mid term. -97%
Im a heavy videogame player and I got the second highest mark on my first year Comp Sci mid term -94%
Im a huge nerd but I also live a healthy lifestyle which involves weightlifting and cardio.
Personal choice, baby.

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kblt
@tooPrime said:
" @Seppli I don't know.  Maybe people could just try and deal with problems instead of using drugs (legal or otherwise) to artificially change their brain chemistry.  I like to think people don't need manipulate their brains in order to make themselves happy, but maybe I'm just too optimistic. "
I use marijuana every now and then and I don't have problems in my life which drove me to smoke weed.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Suicrat
@floodiastus: It is our duty as humans to consume particular drugs? I can't endorse such a position. Sure, you can say it is in society's interests for people to wake up, and start understanding and making better use of their minds and their abilities, but marijuana is not a necessary ingredient for that.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Suicrat said:
" @TwoOneFive: No, I'm not an idiot. But there is a really disturbing trend right now in marijuana culture that promotes the alleged virtues of "smoking weed every day". And I don't know why anyone would want to encourage people to do that, that's a serious waste of money and lung capacity.

As for offering Vito advice as to whether or not to smoke it. I don't think you're well placed to make such a recommendation unless you know him well enough. The reason why I cautioned him against it isn't because I think drugs are bad for all people, it's because I have no real way of knowing whether or not drugs are good for him. A person idly commenting on the internet "man I'd love to try me some weed" isn't necessarily the best person to say "yeah, dude! By all means! Here's a half-ounce!"  Also, you'll notice that I've consistently stated throughout this and other threads on the subject that I am opposed to its criminalization, but that doesn't mean I have to be wholeheartedly in favour of its use. "
everything you said is fear and paranoia. what does is it matter to you if somebody else wants to smoke marijuana everyday? 
are you going to do it? no. am i going to? no.  
and i didn't really give him advice, i basically said it may or may not give you a chance to look at things differently. and do you really think anyone takes advice on the internet that serious?  
i just don't understand guys like you. you will never be a marijuana user, so why the fuck does it matter to you if other people chose to be? as long as other people use it in a way that never disrespects you in anyway, why would you care?!
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Suicrat
@TwoOneFive: You should actually read what I have written in this post, before trying to pass judgment on my opinions, for example, to floodiastus I said this:

You can accomplish that task without consuming THC. Everything I learned about Aristotle while smoking weed I could have learned by focusing more, and/or reading other translations of his work.

I have smoked marijuana, and I still do from time time to time, but that fact alone is not reason enough for me to endorse it.

I also wrote this in a post before you started to criticize my position: 

You should consult better-informed people than potheads. We've got biased opinions ;)  

And all you're doing now is illustrating that I'm correct. Because you're going out of your way to attack me, assuming I've never tried the stuff, without actually reading what I have to say. Pot doesn't universally expand your mind. If it did, you would have read what I wrote before attacking me.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Snipzor
@Suicrat said:
"And all you're doing now is illustrating that I'm correct. Because you're going out of your way to attack me, assuming I've never tried the stuff, without actually reading what I have to say. Pot doesn't universally expand your mind. If it did, you would have read what I wrote before attacking me."
Carl Sagan would like to have a word with you. Although I'm using a different interpretation of universal in this case. 

Happy birthday Carl Sagan.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Suicrat
@Snipzor: What I mean is 215 is doing his drug of choice a disservice by attacking a pothead who doesn't recommend others take up the habit, based on the patently-false assumption he's not a pothead.

If 215's mind was sufficiently expanded, he would have read what I wrote.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ryanwho

Pot doesn't expand your mind any more than breathing into a paper bag for 5 minutes. People who think it expands your mind are idiots. Taking something that makes you less capable of common sense thought doesn't mean your mind is expanded. It just means stupid ideas seem like they could work because you're lacking that common sense receptor that says "wait, no, it can't be 4:20 everywhere on earth at the same time, wait there's nothing remarkable about that split second that all the turn signal blinkers align, oh wait apes have incredible strength and its a stupid idea to have one as a pet considering how easily one could kill you". All that shit. Suddenly you're thinking "you know you guys if we just, you guys if we just shared the land with endangered species you know, its like, everything could just get along you know" and you're sounding like a dumbass but people around you are like "oh man yeah man". If you ever feel compelled to test the "expanded mind" theory, write down some of your thoughts when you're high and read them again when you're sober and share your brilliant insights. 

This is beside the point, though. Weed is fairly benign, it makes you think stupid ideas are good but, unlike alchohol, it also makes you too lazy to actually try any of said stupid ideas, which is why its safe. Yes, it can turn people into losers by making them content with living in mom's basement till they're 30, but plenty of legal things do that too like video games and porn.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Snipzor
@Suicrat said:
" @Snipzor: What I mean is 215 is doing his drug of choice a disservice by attacking a pothead who doesn't recommend others take up the habit, based on the patently-false assumption he's not a pothead.  If 215's mind was sufficiently expanded, he would have read what I wrote. "
I know, I just like to constantly give off reminders that Carl Sagan was a marijuana user. He used it to be inspired by his show and certain ideas. Plus today's his birthday, so I thought a quick response to your comment was applicable. 

I just used your comment as a means of celebrating the man. Sorry. Besides, I don't smoke pot or have any intention on smoking it, so my personal contribution is non-existent. So I'll just be going again. Cheers!
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nail1080
@Suicrat said:
" @Vito_Raliffe:  Creativity doesn't come with drugs

lol go home and burn your entire music collection because anything that's any good has been made thanks to drugs like Pot and LSD.

And anyway pot helps me alot, it opens my mind in new and creative ways and helped me get a really high mark on my neuroscience project of the role of microRNAs in the nervous system. They are post transcriptional regulators and I concluded that if we can manipulate microRNAs in vivo potentially it could be possible to cure any disease regarding abnormal gene expression of a particular protein. But than again pot makes you lazy right? No, get your facts right before you make ignorant and general statements which you think apply to everyone...
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Suicrat
@nail1080 said:
" @Suicrat said:

lol go home and burn your entire music collection because anything that's any good has been made thanks to drugs like Pot and LSD.  And anyway pot helps me alot, it opens my mind in new and creative ways and helped me get a really high mark on my neuroscience project of the role of microRNAs in the nervous system. They are post transcriptional regulators and I concluded that if we can manipulate microRNAs in vivo potentially it could be possible to cure any disease regarding abnormal gene expression of a particular protein. But than again pot makes you lazy right? No, get your facts right before you make ignorant and general statements which you think apply to everyone... "
Holy fucking shit, dude. Read what I fucking wrote. Don't god-damn cherry pick.

I'm glad you've found a productive use for marijuana, (as have I in other circumstances AS YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF YOU READ WHAT I WROTE), but that doesn't mean I am about to tell some kid on the internet, who I've never met before, that he should take up the habit!

Bill Hicks was a loathesome, misanthropic prick at the end of his life, just because he said it, and it's clever, doesn't mean it's the gospel fucking truth. Sure, Jimi Hendrix had LSD in his bandana when he went on stage. Great. But he was the one making music, not his drugs.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ryanwho
@Suicrat said:

" @nail1080 said:

" @Suicrat said:

lol go home and burn your entire music collection because anything that's any good has been made thanks to drugs like Pot and LSD.  And anyway pot helps me alot, it opens my mind in new and creative ways and helped me get a really high mark on my neuroscience project of the role of microRNAs in the nervous system. They are post transcriptional regulators and I concluded that if we can manipulate microRNAs in vivo potentially it could be possible to cure any disease regarding abnormal gene expression of a particular protein. But than again pot makes you lazy right? No, get your facts right before you make ignorant and general statements which you think apply to everyone... "
Holy fucking shit, dude. Read what I fucking wrote. Don't god-damn cherry pick.  I'm glad you've found a productive use for marijuana, (as have I in other circumstances AS YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF YOU READ WHAT I WROTE), but that doesn't mean I am about to tell some kid on the internet, who I've never met before, that he should take up the habit!Bill Hicks was a loathesome, misanthropic prick at the end of his life, just because he said it, and it's clever, doesn't mean it's the gospel fucking truth. Sure, Jimi Hendrix had LSD in his bandana when he went on stage. Great. But he was the one making music, not his drugs. "
I think the argument being poorly  made by nail is that music wouldn't exist had he not taken drugs. But that said, just because I drank an assload of coffee to finish my report, doesn't mean coffee wrote the report. Influence is the better word. Many musicians have songs influenced by the drugs they took just like they have songs influenced by everything else in their life. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Suicrat: you don't have to endorse it, you just have to stop acting like its so important to you. 
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Suicrat
@ryanwho: So they should be free to consume those drugs and demonstrate the virtues of it if they choose. But non-potheads see potheads as some sort of weird cult, a bunch of patchouli-stinking druids they imbue drugs with mystical powers of enlightenment, all of whose lives have been magically uplifted by the simple act of smoking; when the truth is there are plenty of ignorant, hateful, lazy and stupid potheads too. I was merely trying to give Vito a healthy sense of skepticism, to encourage him to do some research, and not simply ask a bunch of potheads on the internet if it's a good thing if he smokes pot.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Suicrat
@TwoOneFive said:

" @Suicrat: you don't have to endorse it, you just have to stop acting like its so important to you.  "

Dude! Vito went on a video game message board, asking people if he thinks it's a good idea to smoke pot. I can't in good conscience recommend to an anonymous person (who may or may not be too young to actually try the stuff) that he take up the habit!

I knew there were going to be a bunch of people who had nothing but good things to say about marijuana, and I felt the need to balance the scale a bit, and encourage him to do some actual research. This doesn't make me a bad person!
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Suicrat said:
" @ryanwho: So they should be free to consume those drugs and demonstrate the virtues of it if they choose. But non-potheads see potheads as some sort of weird cult, a bunch of patchouli-stinking druids they imbue drugs with mystical powers of enlightenment, all of whose lives have been magically uplifted by the simple act of smoking; when the truth is there are plenty of ignorant, hateful, lazy and stupid potheads too. I was merely trying to give Vito a healthy sense of skepticism, to encourage him to do some research, and not simply ask a bunch of potheads on the internet if it's a good thing if he smokes pot. "
well i am in no means a pot head. i used to smoke all the time, i do it once in a blue moon now. but i am training for a tough job in the military and all i do is run and swim and inhaling smoke isn't the best thing for me lol
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Suicrat
@TwoOneFive: Exactly, there are health-related drawbacks, and it helps to be aware of these things before diving in.
CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By CoinMatze

If drugs make creativity then I guess my old school must have been full of undiscovered potential! What effin stupid point of view is that. Sure Hendrix did drugs, the Beatles were rrrrrrrrrruuueaaal fuckin high on drugs but Henry Rollins was straight edge most of his life and that guy is some crazy wordslinger. I don't recall MJK being heavy into drugs. What about that guy from glassJaw. My favorite singer and songwriter, Jamie Lenman, isn't into drugs at all. 

Why do people want to legalize it? If you want to do it, you can. There is always someone who knows someone who can get you stuff. And if you're stupid about it, you'll get arrested. People really want to legalize MJ in a world of binge-drinking fuckheads?! I would have to shoot myself because I wouldn't be able to stand the giggling everywhere. Here in Hamburg, Germany the streets would be wiped clean for days with not a soul to be seen. The whole Reeperbahn would vanish into a big cloud of smoke. So, should people go to jail for smoking pot? No. Should it be legalized? No. I will call it right here, right now: When it gets legalized, when we all will be smoking brandname pot, there will be a big whole bunch of elitist potheads who will want to get back to the way it was.