Did you survive the eclipse?

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Poll Did you survive the eclipse? (234 votes)

Yes, I survived. 27%
No, I saw the eclipse and I am now dead. 41%
I stared at the sun and am now looking to sign up with my local sun cult chapter. 31%

Anybody go out eclipse hunting? I'm not in a part of the world to see it but we had a partial lunar eclipse earlier this month here which was pretty fun. Anybody discover a new desire to praise the sun upon gazing directly at the sky orb?

• 
imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

And I just realised I forgot to put this in off-topic. Sorry in advance mods!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm gonna answer yes even though it's not fully done here in Savannah GA. It's also thunder storming so I haven't seen hide nor hair of the sun or moon all day.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I stared at the sun for three hours and didn't see a thing.

Still can't.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was going great until this "Lord of the Hollows" guy showed up and started going on about the end of the world and "usurping the flame" or some damn thing outside the office.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Answer: No

But I am interested in that local sun chapter thing.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the Purge starts soonish, right?

taiterfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in New Brunswick, Canada, so we only got about 50 per cent totality, but it was still really cool to see. I used my brother's welding mask, and I could look directly at it. Another eclipse is coming in 2024, and my part of the world is supposed to experience totality. Very cool stuff.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rejizzle

I accidentally looked out a window opposite to the eclipse. I was severely maimed, but yet live.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Had no clue about this. Idk how cause I check the news everyday so it's like I never lived.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By bybeach

It got a little darker. Then it got a little lighter again.

Well below the Total Totality Eclipse though.

MaC122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i saw clouds and light rain

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly no, but my ghost is joining the Sun Cult. Dunno why but eh, whatever float's it's boat I guess.

(It was neat and kinda weird).

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Loading Video...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I was in an area that was supposed to get like 93% totality. It didn't get as dark as I thought it would, but the dark that we did get was weird. I can't describe it precisely, but it cast such a strange shade on everything.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't live on earth

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I was in an area that was supposed to get like 93% totality. It didn't get as dark as I thought it would, but the dark that we did get was weird. I can't describe it precisely, but it cast such a strange shade on everything.

I was somewhere in the 80's and I agree. There was definitely a change in the lighting and shade, but it wasn't actually dark. I heard crickets and saw dragonflies sleeping in the trees. If nothing else, today made me listen to some Bonnie Tyler, so I'm good.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4) I stared at the sun and realized it was the enemy. I am looking to join my local death cult to bring the eternal darkness.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Justin258

@themanwithnoplan: Forgot to mention the most important part - I stopped to get gasoline in the middle of the eclipse and heard Total Eclipse of the Heart playing from the gas station speakers.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I was in the path of totality and it was some crazy shit. Then some chosen undead lit the flame and the age of fire continued once more.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I stared at the sun for three hours and didn't see a thing.

Still can't.

A+

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My pinhole box contraption worked great but even at 75-80% totality the sun was friggin' bright - the dimming of the sun was barely noticeable. Still, it was a nice experience to sit with my cat out on my sundeck with a cup of coffee and stare into a cardboard box for 20 minutes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought tomorrow was the eclipse. So I accidentally looked into the sun when it started to get really orange this morning. I survived the eclipse, but for like 2 hours afterwards after a fraction of a second glancing at it i had 2 little Pacman shaped shapes stuck to my eyes lol.

lylebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lylebot

I stared at the sun and got raptured.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I missed it because I thought it would've been darker outside.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No not at all interested but glad for those that are!

taiterfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258 said:

I was somewhere in the 80's and I agree. There was definitely a change in the lighting and shade, but it wasn't actually dark. I heard crickets and saw dragonflies sleeping in the trees. If nothing else, today made me listen to some Bonnie Tyler, so I'm good.

Even at 50-ish it was still kind of eerie. It's tough to describe, but it was definitely not what it should look like at 3:30 in the afternoon.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i didn't even go outside today lol

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things got kinda freaky when the God Hand came out, but everything's cool now that I sacrificed my best friend and his GF to join them.

Nah it just got kinda dark and then bright again.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't make it :(

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cmblasko

Yeah, went outside and looked at it a few times throughout the day. Really cool visual.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in class wanting to kill myself when it happened and it was overcast as hell, but i was able to see it. It didnt get all dark or anything like that though.

DasBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The clouds were nice to us in Kansas City. Got to see it all before they came back through. A well taken day off work.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

We had a very slight partial eclipse in the UK around 8pm BST. It was completely covered by thick layers of clouds. It was sort of of cool that the sky got noticeably slightly darker as it coincided with the sun setting (made me feel a little connected to it).

This is the second partial Eclipse I could have witnessed in London (today and March 20th 2015) which were both typically covered in grey. On the plus side, at least I have Eclipse glasses for whenever I need them again (or maybe I'll use the filters to take pictures of sunspots...

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was cloudy, and nothing happened, then it stopped being cloudy much later after people said stuff should have happened.
I watched it on a live stream, sort of, in the background.
I'm not too bummed I missed it, I like meteor showers better personally.
But it's cool for people that got to and wanted to see it.

I didn't make it :(

Alas, you were striken by the death.

ChosenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ChosenOne

Cloudy, rained all day. And to think I almost dropped $20 on those eclipse safe glasses my eye doctor's office was selling (though apparently it was a pretty good deal at that price).

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray
Loading Video...

Way too far east to witness any cool sun and/or moon action, or any Pokemon in general. Is that life? You tell me.

PS. Give it about a minute.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw the dimming of a partial eclipse. It was pretty neat. Next one for the U.S. anyway is in 2024, so I don't know why people are making such a big deal like this is going to be the last one forever. Tempted to go catch that one since it will actually be closer to where I live.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By frytup

Nearly 100% cloud cover until noon here in the Bay Area, so there wasn't much to see. I now feel slightly smug about being too lazy to buy glasses.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't really see an eclipse but it looked like the sun exploded for a couple seconds.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I live in Chicago and we had complete and total cloud cover during it. It didn't look any different from where I was standing. Fucked by mother nature again. Worst. Eclipse. Ever. I want my money back!

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

IT was clear as a bell where I live, so got a pretty good view of a 90% eclipse where I lived. Like other guys said it wasn't as dark as I thought it would be, but it was a bit eerie. Hard to describe, but the best way I can phrase it is that it almost seemed like twilight, but the sky was still blue. Just kind of a weird juxtaposition that your brain just couldn't quite figure out.

The only thing I could think about as I watched people looking up into the sky was really dumb old movie called Day of the Triffids. If everyone in North America is blind tomorrow, beware super-aggressive plants. They're coming for us.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mikeeegeee

100% totality today. Had to drive around to dodge clouds, but got settled in for 14mins prior and 2mins and 30 seconds or so of completely mind-blowing totality. Very profound stuff, difficult to describe.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NTM

It didn't get as dark as I expected it too (I was honestly expecting to see stars out, like the night sky, but it was still blue skies when it happened), but the way it got dark was awkward. It was like someone turned the contrast down on a TV, the actual light of the sun shining down was dimmer, not similar to sundown or sunrise. Living in WA, we almost got 100 percent. Isn't it crazy how the moon can cover that much of the suns visibility as you look at it through the special glasses (or in my case, a black covered piece of glass by putting a flame to it), and yet you can't look up at it with bare eyes as it still shines as if nothing was blocking its view? That probably sounds stupid and obvious, but I think it's interesting just how powerful the light is from the sun. That said, as cool as it all is, I think it's pretty dumb to drive miles and miles away from home (from one state to another) just to experience this.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took a few days off work and drove from Michigan to Charlotte, NC to stay with a friend there. Yesterday we drove to Columbia, SC and watched the eclipse there. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen, I totally get those sun cults now.

Also the trip back is usually a 90 minute trip, it took us 4 hours.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I glanced at the sun a few times during it and it was still super bright. All these videos and pics makes you think it will be completely dark with a light ring. Still was interesting in a way I guess. A bit underwhelmed.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Praise the sun!

somamilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I survived but not in one piece, as one of my former comrades offered myself and our friends as a sacrifice to give himself godly powers through an eldritch murder ritual but I managed to come out alive and am now seeking revenge on a former friend of mine.

But overall I found myself having a great time!

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By YoThatLimp

@casepb said:

I glanced at the sun a few times during it and it was still super bright. All these videos and pics makes you think it will be completely dark with a light ring. Still was interesting in a way I guess. A bit underwhelmed.

Where were you viewing it from?

I can't stress enough how different Totality and Partial Eclipses are!