Do you share the Giant Bomb crew's dislike of Linkin Park?

• 167 results
Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really liked Hybrid Theory but i sorta grew out of em I guess. I don't think they're a terrible band by any means, I think they're one of those bands that are cool to hate on (not saying that's everybodies reason, just a general statement) but yeah...not really a fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They have the integrity of Korn. 

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I don't know much about the GB crew, but this makes me like them a whole lot more. Linkin Park, music for whiny emo bitches trying too hard to act tougher by screaming about their feelings louder.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By mnzy

I liked that song where the dude is hanging from the ceiling in the video. 
But that happened a long time ago.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By Karl_Boss

They're alright....a few catchy songs.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#156  Edited By damnboyadvance

Linkin Park is OK. Green Day is not.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I have no grievance with Linkin Park. They're funny.

Green Day, on the other hand, gives me an ulcer. I was sad to hear that the Giant Bomb guys like them because I was looking forward to hearing them trash Green Day: Rock Band.

I guess I can imagine myself having liked Dookie when I was younger, but everything from then on is unbearable.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Th3_James

I still listen to hybrid theory and meteora every once in awhile. There are some good songs off there, but I listen to them maybe 3-4 times a year and don't want to listen to it for awhile again.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By Sin4profit

I think it's more a case of, at a point in time, "Linkin Park" were the first band people i like brought up when asked "What bands are you into?" ...it's kinda depressing.

I think they just came out durring the stirring hatred for the Rap/Rock movement...in truth i've only heard that "i'm about to break!" song by them and it didn't do anything for me.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#160  Edited By natetodamax

I don't know a whole lot about Linkin Park, but most of the songs I've heard from them are too wrist cutty teenage angst for me.

fontainefellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By fontainefellow

I'm not really into that nu metal stuff, so I couldn't tell you bad nu metal from good nu metal, but some of the Linkin Park stuff I've heard is just... bad.

Hellstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By Hellstrom

Was never a fan....the only "Nu metal" band i ever liked was Deftones.....but then again, Deftones aren't really nu metal now. They're more like Alternative rock/ Ambient or w/e.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#163  Edited By sirdesmond

I liked Linkin Park when I was like 13 years old, now I don't. That said, I am not going to go out of my way to make judgements about their musical ability because I do not really know the extent of it, and although I do not enjoy their stuff stuff now, I certainly see how people could (and do).

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By MezZa

Nah. I liked them when I was younger, around middle school and first year of high school. I listened to some songs from hybrid theory and meteora a lot. I lost interest after I heard minutes to midnight when it came out my freshman year, and I haven't even been paying attention to anything after that album. Their older stuff is still in my music library, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it. I don't hate them now, but there are just too many other songs I'd rather listen to instead of old linkin park songs.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By supermonkey122

Eh they're OK but Green Day sucks

ADeeyore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By ADeeyore

I actually liked A Thousand Suns a lot more than I liked Minutes to Midnight. And I do appreciate that they are unafraid to experiment with their sound while staying true to their musical roots as a band that mixes genres in ways not many other band do. I thought a lot of the stuff they did for their songs in the latest album was pretty damn cool. You can't stay angry forever, and I'm glad that instead of trying to recreate their early success with faked angst they decided to use their success as a platform to explore new areas.

For references sake, I was born in the early 80's, a former musician, and have taken a few experimental music classes back in college.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By InternetCrab

They're fine. Never really listened to alot of their songs.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#168  Edited By jNerd

Yes... & I didn't even know the GB crew hated LP.