Do you share the Giant Bomb crew's dislike of Linkin Park?

• 167 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Are they really bad? I guess that's not a great question. I like their music. They seem versatile and they're one of the first bands I liked (elementary school). So I guess either defend LP or state your reasons for disliking them. It seems kind of weird that at my High School people seemed to be cool with LP, but hated green day, a band the GB crew likes. 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zeforgotten

I enjoy their music. I enjoy a looooot of music from back in the day, Limp Bizkit too. I can listen to a lot of different music and that also makes it easier to go to different parties and not be the one person who sits in the corner going "this party sucks, they're not playing my music"

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

OK.... <- That's all you get.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By bassman2112

I listened to Linkin Park when Hybrid Theory came out, enjoyed it. Bought Meteora, enjoyed it. Got 'live in texas' (or whatever it's called) and thought it was average.

Heard one song off of whatever the next album was and said "whaatt...."

Versatility is not the word I would use to describe their progression. They went for a more radio-friendly sound in order to reach a broader audience. That's fine; but I don't like it, so yes, I do dislike Linkin Park.

plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By plasticstars

They're not the worst band in the world, but I've never liked their music. So yes, but it's not because of the Giantbomb crew.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane

I do not care for them at all.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands

I like Linkin Park.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Getz

Yeah, I fucking loathe Linkin Park. I dunno maybe it's a generational thing, but I really don't think post emo radio-ready screaming mixed with rapping counts as "talent"

SirSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SirSuperior

I dislike Linkin Park, but like Green Day to an extent. Green Day has actually made good music before they went shit, whereas Linkin Park was shit all along.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By phish09

Nah...I hate Linkin Park way more than those guys do.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

They're one of the bands that I'm kinda embarassed to admit that I liked in my early teens.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Modern Link Park are fucking terrible, but they were good back in the days of Hybrid Theory.

And anyway, all evidence says the GB have awful taste in music anyway.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By myke_tuna

I don't like either of them, but will admit I fancied LP when I was younger. During those angst-y years of 9-12 (which I think is before most people are angst-y but I'm glad I went through it earlier). After that, I just stopped listening to them because I guess I outgrew them. Now I mostly listen to hip hop (I always did, but it's my main thing now). So, no real hate for them, I just don't like them. Though, it seems lately the only time I hear about them ever is when they make the next theme song for the new Michael Bay Transformers movie and since those are done with... I don't know what's going to happen to them.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

I enjoyed them back in the day. They were a good bridge to metal, but once you jump in, you can't go back. Listening to them now... yeah, not so big on 'em.

But I find it impossible to believe someone hates Green Day. There's at least one song by them you like, whether it be American Idiot, Good Riddance, Jesus of Suburbia, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Whatsername, 21 Guns, Basket Case, Hitchin' a Ride etc. They're diverse enough to find one relateable song. American Idiot was a rock album (and one of the most important in recent history) and 21st Century Breakdown was better My Chemical Romance.

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By jaymorgoth

I still like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, hell just listen to them today, but I'm not a big fan of their new stuff. Idk, I liked the whole rock/rap thing they had going, especially at the time it was really interesting. Now....well now not so much but just cause I don't like a bands current music doesn't mean I suddenly dislike their older music that I liked before. If I like it...i'll listen to it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust

Tastes, every has their own. 

I like the old Linkin Park, but the last album especially went way off their sound, and I have no love for it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ajamafalous

@Xtrememuffinman said:

I enjoyed them back in the day. They were a good bridge to metal, but once you jump in, you can't go back. Listening to them now... yeah, not so big on 'em. But I find it impossible to believe someone hates Green Day. There's at least one song by them you like, whether it be American Idiot, Good Riddance, Jesus of Suburbia, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Whatsername, 21 Guns, Basket Case, Hitchin' a Ride etc. They're diverse enough to find one relateable song. American Idiot was a rock album (and one of the most important in recent history) and 21st Century Breakdown was better My Chemical Romance.

I hate Green Day. Can't get past dude's voice.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By FreakAche

It's just a generational thing. I was born in 1991, so I know a lot of people who liked them as teenagers. Although I was never that into them myself, they certainly never struck me as a terrible band.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laserbolts

Don't really have much to say about linkin park. Haven't heard much of their stuff except for a few songs on the radio. Sounded pretty generic to me. As for green day I used to like their earlier stuff but when they went all fuck the government I was done with them.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By MEATBALL

Linkin Park are not a band that I like at all.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#21  Edited By bobafettjm

I used to listen to Linkin Park back when they first started, but I don't really anymore. Once in a while one of their old songs will come on and I still enjoy it, but their new songs I do not care for at all.

Natesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Natesaint

I agree with the GB guys. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Adema, all that Nu metal crapola from the cesspool that was the late nineties/early two thousands. Yikes. Basic timing, no progression, bland "riffs"...Coming from a musicianship perspective they are bad. Real bad. Then again, I don't think the majority listens to the radio coming  from that perspective, which is why most of radio is crap. But I have Sirius so my ears are safe from the septic pit. For now...
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved their first CD when I was 10 to 12, and I can still listen to it due to nostalgia, but it is pretty un-good.  Their older stuff, however, is miles better than the stuff they are putting out now.

I also dislike Green Day a TON other than Boulevard of Broken Dreams which I liked when I was young as well.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By meteora

There's plenty of haters of Linkin Park and plenty of people who love them. Nothing really new here. Its a hit or miss band for many people. For me they're my favourite band.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MikeHawk

They're too whiny for my taste. I liked them a lot in middle school, but now they just drive me nuts. That might be due to the whole Transformers tie-ins, though.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelN7

I used to like them , their first couple albums were cool , I still like their old music but the new stuff not so much seriously Reanimation is one damn cool album, also  I don´t like riding in bandwagons even less those of the hating kind

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SSully

They have some good songs, but that is it. My problem with them is that Chester is a whinny little bitch. I can take some emotional songs, there are a ton of sad songs out there that I like. But every single song that he sings on is about how fucking depressed, hurt, broken, and fucked up his life is. We get it. Now stop singing about it. I wish Mike did some more solo stuff, because I always like when he leads on songs.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StaticFalconar

Back when linkin park was first around, for their first two albums, they actually had a sound that was unique. Sure most of their songs boiled down to being emo, and the writing was alright. Hey, we were all teenagers at one point, and  teenagers by definition are emo, don't lie and say you were any different. 

Then they made an album where they actually started cursing (they actually never did before), and the curse words wasn't put in thoughtfully. It was literally like a kid learning to curse for the first time.  

So ever since, then I just kinda didn't care for them. I don't actively hate them and laugh at their fans like the GB crew seems to, but those first two albums does bring back nostalgia. 

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Burzmali

Meh, I have no problem with Linkin Park. I won't necessarily change the station if they come up on the radio.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By Chris2KLee

Pretty much neutral on the band. I don't dislike them, but I wouldn't pay money for a CD or ticket either.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By WickedCestus

I don't think I've ever heard a single song by Linkin Park, and I'm fine with keeping it that way.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Loved their first two cds(hybrid theory, and meteora) in fact hybrid theory was the first cd i ever bought. But in recent years they've gone downhill, gotten soft. Iridescent is by far the worst song i have ever heard from them, i just couldn't listen to the other songs from that album after hearing it.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really dont care about them.... 

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Their music is boring.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By rockinkemosabe

I liked Meteora but everything else they've done is garbage.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By beforet

I don't mind them. Not bad music to have in the background. Never understood the lyrics, so I never cared about what the songs were actually about.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By chilibean_3

I listened to a lot of Hybrid Theory. I was also young and had bad taste in music. I can still listen to the old stuff in that nostalgic sort of way but anything recent I turn off immediately. GRRRR..teenage angst!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to love them and I can still listen to them now although I haven't paid attention to any of the albums post Meteora. Hybrid Theory will always have nostalgic value to me.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ksaw

This guy's a dick, but he makes a pretty good case for why Linkin Park is a... "roller-coaster"

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By Devoid

I used to like Linkin Park, back when Cartoon Network told me it was cool. That was a long time ago.

Their old stuff isn't too bad, but a couple of my friends had an obsession of listening to their songs over and over again a while ago, and I can safely say I could go without listening to them ever again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never liked  them in any way and as for Green Day I can only listen to Dookie and 21 Guns is one of the absolute worst songs I've ever heard

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NathHaw

Don't like them.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By williamhenry

Linkin Park is garbage, always have been. They are incredibly generic, radio friendly hard rock. All generic hard rock bands are terrible. They appeal to the lowest comment denominator. The only people who like bands like that are people who listen to what the radio and pop culture tells them to listen to.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Juicebox

Yes .  EVERY SONG IS THE SAME.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By napalm
@Bassman2112 said:

Versatility is not the word I would use to describe their progression. They went for a more radio-friendly sound in order to reach a broader audience. That's fine; but I don't like it, so yes, I do dislike Linkin Park.

I fail to see how their nu-metal origins were any less radio-friendly than they are now. I actually feel they started to grow more as a band, musically when they started embracing other influences, instead of the ultra-angsty sound they used in the beginning. I actually much prefer Dead By Sunrise's music, as it's more along the lines of melodic rock that's simple and easy to get into while staying consistent.
redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By redbliss

I like Linkin Park. Even their more recent stuff. I wasnt the biggest fan of minutes to midnight (which was the first album where they changed their sound), but not because they changed. I didnt like it because the sound on that album was too raw, and I felt like they maybe tried to do too much with it. However, I think they fine-tuned that sound for Thousand Suns (their newest album), and for that reason it is one of the best albums the band has produced. They really arent a bad band at all, and compared to most, especially on the radio, they are very unique. That said Linkin Park is not for everyone, and I can understand why some people have never liked them. The people I dont get, though, are the ones who say they dont like them now because their music is too "emo". The music off of their two most recent albums is no more emo than the music off of their first two albums. They didnt just become emo: they have either never been emo or always been emo.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By N7

I cannot stand Linkin Park and will never to this day be able to stand them ever.

In fact, I hate them.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#48  Edited By KillyDarko

I'd actually say I dislike Linkin Park a whole lot more than the GB staff, even...
But having been born in 1980 probably has something to do with it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bybeach

They are a band like Rush to me, I get more air than substance from them considering the kinds of bands they are. Still there is a stanza or 2 from Rush I like, and one song (only) from L. Park. And thats it.

coryrx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By coryrx8

I loved Linkin Park's first album. I also enjoyed Reanimation. Meteora had some awesome stuff on it, but also had some stuff that I didn't really like. Everything after that has sounded increasingly generic, and honestly, I can't tell one song from another anymore. As far as I'm concerned, Linkin Park has turned into the next Nickelback.

As for Green Day, they can DIAF. How they got their own Rock Band game, I'll never know.