Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By AlexW00d

@Ragdrazi said:

@RaikohBlade said:
@Ragdrazi said:
@RaikohBlade said:
@Ragdrazi: I don't intend to get into an argument with you, as the joys of God are beyond mere logic. You can lump me in with every religious person out there, but I do not follow religion. I follow the Lord himself. I can honestly say that I have tasted his glory firsthand, and not through any ridiculous ceremony. I don't have that perfect "godly lifestyle" you're referring to, and I don't need one. Being holy is greater than perfection.
... uh... really? Is this a joke?
I'm not joking, and I'm not trolling you. You can believe what you like, but my words are true.
So... what did his glory taste like?

Salty?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By McGhee

As a former Christian, I can't think of anything more stupid and debasing than "worshiping God".

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By laserbolts
@thornie hmm well I guess we have different experiences with religious people because I know quite a few of them and they barely if ever try to talk about God to people. I guess someones views on the matter would depend on what type of religious people they encounter. I wonder what drives someone to preach to others while others can just worship by themselves and not concern themselves with spreading the word. Do the people who preach believe they will be on a higher pedestal when they arrive in heaven or do they do it just because they want more people to discover the joys in God. Its weird how some people believe so they don't end up going to hell while others do it because they genuinely believe in God no matter what happens. Sorry if you feel as though I tried to single you out or anything but I just wanted an intelligent response instead of simply hurr durr im atheist. Not saying that atheist are retarded but I like some sort of discussion.
thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By thornie_delete

@laserbolts: It's totally cool. I respect you and your beliefs. We can believe different things and still love Super Meat Boy. :)

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By AlexW00d

@RaikohBlade said:

I see no other comments worth responding to in this thread, so with that I'll end my participation in it.

You're hilarious.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ryanwho

christians is dum 
grate thred

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Ragdrazi
@RaikohBlade said:
I see no other comments worth responding to in this thread, so with that I'll end my participation in it. 
Here, I'll give you another one you can't respond to.

"God" is that for which nothing greater then can be conceived. The greatness and perfection of god is beyond human understanding or recollection. You can't know anything about god. Not with any kind of certainty. To say that you can is not only non-biblical, it's sacrilegious. And I'm not writing this. I'm paraphrasing an old Archbishop of Canterbury. Yeah! See, Western religious thought for the last nine hundred years has been built around the idea that you're wrong about this. The truth is, what you are enjoying is the experience of worship. And, quite frankly, that experience has been finely tooled to be uplifting. Some of the shadier sects like to push this experience off as though it were god. They do so quite disingenuously.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#109  Edited By Jeust

I do, although I'm still learning about the nature of it. ^^

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Meowshi
@CaLe said:

@spankingaddict said:

Yup, I worship our God. This poll is disappointing...

Which one?

A - Agdistis or Angdistis Ah Puch Ahura Mazda Alberich Allah Amaterasu An Anansi Anat Andvari Anshar Anu Aphrodite Apollo Apsu Ares Artemis Asclepius Athena Athirat Athtart Atlas - B - Baal Ba Xian Bacchus Balder Bast Bellona Bergelmir Bes Bixia Yuanjin Bragi Brahma Brigit - C - Camaxtli Ceres Ceridwen Cernunnos Chac Chalchiuhtlicue Charun Chemosh Cheng-huang Cybele - D - Dagon Damkina (Dumkina) Davlin Dawn Demeter Diana Di Cang Dionysus - E - Ea El Enki Enlil Eos Epona Ereskigal - F - Farbauti Fenrir Forseti Fortuna Freya Freyr Frigg - G - Gaia Ganesha Ganga Garuda Gauri Geb Geong Si Guanyin - H - Hades Hanuman Hathor Hecate (Hekate) Helios Heng-o (Chang-o) Hephaestus Hera Hermes Hestia Hod Hoderi Hoori Horus Hotei Huitzilopochtli Hsi-Wang-Mu Hygeia - I - Inanna Inti Iris Ishtar Isis Ixtab Izanaki Izanami - J - Jesus Juno Jupiter Juturna - K - Kagutsuchi Kartikeya Khepri Ki Kingu Kinich Ahau Kishar Krishna Kuan-yin Kukulcan Kvasir - L - Lakshmi Leto Liza Loki Lugh Luna - M - Magna Mater Maia Marduk Mars Mazu Medb Mercury Mimir Min Minerva Mithras Morrigan Mot Mummu Muses - N - Nammu Nanna Nanna (Norse) Nanse Neith Nemesis Nephthys Neptune Nergal Ninazu Ninhurzag Nintu Ninurta Njord Nugua Nut - O - Odin Ohkuninushi Ohyamatsumi Orgelmir Osiris Ostara - P - Pan Parvati Phaethon Phoebe Phoebus Apollo Pilumnus Poseidon - Q - Quetzalcoatl - R - Rama Re Rhea - S - Sabazius Sarasvati Selene Shiva Seshat Seti (Set) Shamash Shapsu Shen Yi Shiva Shu Si-Wang-Mu Sin Sirona Sol Surya Susanoh - T - Tawaret Tefnut Tezcatlipoca Thanatos Thor Thoth Tiamat Tianhou Tlaloc Tonatiuh Toyo-Uke-Bime Tyche Tyr - U - Utu Uzume - V - Vediovis Venus Vesta Vishnu Volturnus Vulcan - X - Xipe Xi Wang-mu Xochipilli Xochiquetzal - Y - Yam Yarikh Yhwh Ymir Yu-huang Yum Kimil - Z - Zeus.

I probably believe in one less than you.

The capital "G" sort of specifies which one he means, but intentional ignorance is fun too I guess.
DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DAFTPUNK

I am my own man, and I can do whatever the fuck I want without being punished  for it.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By amomjc

There are a lot of jackasses in this thread, good lord. I am not sure how this thread turned into yet another battle of Christianity and such, but it did. Worshiping does not entitle that people follow the God in Christian or Judaic religion and its sad that people are so short sighted ( I am talking to the trolls ) to understand that.

I am, and always will be, a follower of the Christian/Judaic God. We all know his true name, and in respect, I will not say it and no one else should either. It has been my crutch my entire life, helping me get through bad times as much as the good. I was never one to understand people that blame god for their problems and thank him for the good, he gave us free will and that is something he cannot interfere with. I do not go to church, I feel it to be pointless, but that is solely my opinion, I do not harp on others who attend and believe it to be life changing.

This is more of a calling out to all the assholes in the world that don't understand the differences between each human they see. One will find solace in church, praying with others like-minded as he. Some will find solitude to be the best way to feel closer to his or her God. And last, some people will find serenity in Atheism, following no God and living their life the way they want. Each has it's own flaws and should not be cast down by any of the competing parties. In the end, when we all meet that casket 6-feet under, we will know, and that is all that matters.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Ragdrazi
@Meowshi said:

@CaLe said:

@spankingaddict said:

Yup, I worship our God. This poll is disappointing...

Which one?

A - Agdistis or Angdistis Ah Puch Ahura Mazda Alberich Allah Amaterasu An Anansi Anat Andvari Anshar Anu Aphrodite Apollo Apsu Ares Artemis Asclepius Athena Athirat Athtart Atlas - B - Baal Ba Xian Bacchus Balder Bast Bellona Bergelmir Bes Bixia Yuanjin Bragi Brahma Brigit - C - Camaxtli Ceres Ceridwen Cernunnos Chac Chalchiuhtlicue Charun Chemosh Cheng-huang Cybele - D - Dagon Damkina (Dumkina) Davlin Dawn Demeter Diana Di Cang Dionysus - E - Ea El Enki Enlil Eos Epona Ereskigal - F - Farbauti Fenrir Forseti Fortuna Freya Freyr Frigg - G - Gaia Ganesha Ganga Garuda Gauri Geb Geong Si Guanyin - H - Hades Hanuman Hathor Hecate (Hekate) Helios Heng-o (Chang-o) Hephaestus Hera Hermes Hestia Hod Hoderi Hoori Horus Hotei Huitzilopochtli Hsi-Wang-Mu Hygeia - I - Inanna Inti Iris Ishtar Isis Ixtab Izanaki Izanami - J - Jesus Juno Jupiter Juturna - K - Kagutsuchi Kartikeya Khepri Ki Kingu Kinich Ahau Kishar Krishna Kuan-yin Kukulcan Kvasir - L - Lakshmi Leto Liza Loki Lugh Luna - M - Magna Mater Maia Marduk Mars Mazu Medb Mercury Mimir Min Minerva Mithras Morrigan Mot Mummu Muses - N - Nammu Nanna Nanna (Norse) Nanse Neith Nemesis Nephthys Neptune Nergal Ninazu Ninhurzag Nintu Ninurta Njord Nugua Nut - O - Odin Ohkuninushi Ohyamatsumi Orgelmir Osiris Ostara - P - Pan Parvati Phaethon Phoebe Phoebus Apollo Pilumnus Poseidon - Q - Quetzalcoatl - R - Rama Re Rhea - S - Sabazius Sarasvati Selene Shiva Seshat Seti (Set) Shamash Shapsu Shen Yi Shiva Shu Si-Wang-Mu Sin Sirona Sol Surya Susanoh - T - Tawaret Tefnut Tezcatlipoca Thanatos Thor Thoth Tiamat Tianhou Tlaloc Tonatiuh Toyo-Uke-Bime Tyche Tyr - U - Utu Uzume - V - Vediovis Venus Vesta Vishnu Volturnus Vulcan - X - Xipe Xi Wang-mu Xochipilli Xochiquetzal - Y - Yam Yarikh Yhwh Ymir Yu-huang Yum Kimil - Z - Zeus.

I probably believe in one less than you.

The capital "G" sort of specifies which one he means, but intention ignorance is fun too I guess.
Actually, it's a lot more complicated then that.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Meowshi

TL;DW

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Ragdrazi
@Meowshi said:
TL;DW
Intentional ignorance is fun I guess.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Meowshi

Me not wanting to watch some random nasally-voiced, poorly-produced Youtube video, is not ignorant.   

It is in fact, a very well-informed decision.  If you have a point, maybe you could just tell me.  

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Ragdrazi
@Meowshi said:

Me not wanting to watch some random nasally-voiced, poorly-produced Youtube video, is not ignorant.    It is in fact, a very well-informed decision.  If you have a point, maybe you could just tell me.  

Wow, that's both snotty and stupid. Proving poorly justified excuses for not edifying yourself is the definition of willful ignorance. But since I'm feeling generous and have the time, I'll cut up your food into smaller bits for you.

Here you go! Yum-yum!

In 1928 we found a large cache of clay tablets in the ruins of the city of Ugarit dating from around 1360 BC. These clay tablets outline the pantheon of the Canaanite religion. This pantheon was called the Elohim or Divine Council. Leading that pantheon is a god by the name of El. One of his 10 sons is Yahweh. The name of God we know. In 1947 we found the Dead Sea scrolls, the oldest known copies of the books of the Old Testament. They date from somewhere between 2nd century BC and 1st century AD. And not only do they, of course, mention Yahweh, but they also mention El and the Elohim. Repeatedly God is referred to as El. He is described as heading the Elohim. They describe El as having sons, one of whom is Yahweh. God is also refereed to as the Elohim, and this appears to be referring to a plural god. There are a large number of cross references between the Ugarit tablet and the Dead Sea scrolls. Commandments regarding early Judaistic rituals appear to directly reference Canaanite rituals described in the Ugarit tablet.  The names of many of the lesser Canaanite gods are the same as the words used in Hebrew for the same thing. For instance, the name of the Canaanite god of death is the Hebrew word for death.

What this means is that Judaism evolved out of Canaanite polytheism. Yahweh becomes El, even stealing El's wife, Asherah.

As both El and Yahweh were mentioned on CaLe's list, your comment, that it's clear what god was being referred, seemed maybe a little funny to me. Gods are hazy imagined concepts that are constantly changing. Just capitalizing "God" doesn't make it clear at all.
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#118  Edited By Aronman789

I'm not sure if the use of the word "God" instead of actually saying your god's name classifies as ignorant or lazy.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By SumDeus

Can't say I do.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SomeJerk

Joe Pesci.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#121  Edited By SirPsychoSexy
@RaikohBlade said:
@Ragdrazi said:
@RaikohBlade said:
@Ragdrazi said:
@RaikohBlade said:
@Ragdrazi: I don't intend to get into an argument with you, as the joys of God are beyond mere logic. You can lump me in with every religious person out there, but I do not follow religion. I follow the Lord himself. I can honestly say that I have tasted his glory firsthand, and not through any ridiculous ceremony. I don't have that perfect "godly lifestyle" you're referring to, and I don't need one. Being holy is greater than perfection. 
... uh... really? Is this a joke?
I'm not joking, and I'm not trolling you. You can believe what you like, but my words are true.
So... what did his glory taste like?
If I had to put it in words, I would have to say it's the sweetest thing I've ever tasted, far beyond anything of this world. A good way to describe it is pure joy and satisfaction. It's the most comforting feeling ever.  When I'm enjoying the Lord, I feel like I need nothing else, no matter what problems I'm going through in life. This is because all I need is Christ Himself, and He is my real life supply. Apart from Christ, I can truly say that I have no life. He is my life, both figuratively and literally.
This makes me weep for humanity, as for me I stopped believing in fairy tales when I was 5
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#122  Edited By dichemstys

Naw.

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By TearsInRain

I worship nothing for I believe nothing is above me or below me.

charliesheen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By charliesheen22

atheist and proud of it. i don't go around trying to convert people to my lack of religion, that's just ignorant

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125  Edited By Bruce
@Claude:  

I say my Buddhist mantras like Zooey did.
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By amir90

Well sort of, but not any form of deity, just sayin.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Meowshi
@Ragdrazi said:

@Meowshi said:

Me not wanting to watch some random nasally-voiced, poorly-produced Youtube video, is not ignorant.    It is in fact, a very well-informed decision.  If you have a point, maybe you could just tell me.  

Wow, that's both snotty and stupid. Proving poorly justified excuses for not edifying yourself is the definition of willful ignorance. But since I'm feeling generous and have the time, I'll cut up your food into smaller bits for you.  Here you go! Yum-yum!  In 1928 we found a large cache of clay tablets in the ruins of the city of Ugarit dating from around 1360 BC. These clay tablets outline the pantheon of the Canaanite religion. This pantheon was called the Elohim or Divine Council. Leading that pantheon is a god by the name of El. One of his 10 sons is Yahweh. The name of God we know. In 1947 we found the Dead Sea scrolls, the oldest known copies of the books of the Old Testament. They date from somewhere between 2nd century BC and 1st century AD. And not only do they, of course, mention Yahweh, but they also mention El and the Elohim. Repeatedly God is referred to as El. He is described as heading the Elohim. They describe El as having sons, one of whom is Yahweh. God is also refereed to as the Elohim, and this appears to be referring to a plural god. There are a large number of cross references between the Ugarit tablet and the Dead Sea scrolls. Commandments regarding early Judaistic rituals appear to directly reference Canaanite rituals described in the Ugarit tablet.  The names of many of the lesser Canaanite gods are the same as the words used in Hebrew for the same thing. For instance, the name of the Canaanite god of death is the Hebrew word for death.  What this means is that Judaism evolved out of Canaanite polytheism. Yahweh becomes El, even stealing El's wife, Asherah.  As both El and Yahweh were mentioned on CaLe's list, your comment, that it's clear what god was being referred, seemed maybe a little funny to me. Gods are hazy imagined concepts that are constantly changing. Just capitalizing "God" doesn't make it clear at all.
That's all uh, interesting, I suppose; but we both know it's not relevant.  When someone capitalizes the "G" in the word god, then you and I both know who and what they are referring to.  Pretending otherwise, is silly.  Regardless of ancient origins and scrolls, the modern interpretation of God is one being.  I responded to someone trying (and failing) to be a snarky smart-ass, and what I said was completely valid.  What you've done here is spend a significant amount of time typing and explaining something that is in no way relevant to this topic or my response to the aforementioned smart-ass.  Anyway, I really didn't want to get into another argument and this is in no way a pleasant conversation, so let's go talk about vijeo games or something.

Those seem to inspire less vitriol, anyhow. 
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#128  Edited By FancySoapsMan

No, but I don't think that alone makes me any smarter than people who do.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#129  Edited By CrimsonNoir

nope, but i have considered Pastafarianism.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#130  Edited By Bigheart711

Nope.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#131  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@Ragdrazi said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@Ragdrazi: I understand why you're angry at Raikoh but there's no need to be a dick about it.
You are projecting your anger onto me, because I was never angry at Raikoh. I'm a little angry at you. There's no need to white knight at me when I haven't crossed any sort of line here.
At very least you disagreed with what Raikoh was saying. I must say I strongly disagree with almost everything he's said in this thread and believe that his God doesn't exist, but there's a pretty thick line between expressing that and implying that his god fucks him in the mouth.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By jeffgoldblum

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@thornie said:

God is Not Great by Christoper Hitchens

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

These two in particular I can say are great books.

and I can vouch for Science as a Candle in the Dark.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Emilio
@thornie
Let me ask you this: Why does the earth revolve around the sun? I don't want you to tell my how it revolves around the sun, I want you to tell me why it does that. 

We don't live in the Dark Ages, because there never have been Dark Ages. That is a title that later generations gave to a timeline in the past, which they are not even certain of how long it lasted. Some say the "Dark Ages" were not even Dark, and actually brought about many inventions and ideas in thinking.

I'm just saying.
John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By John1912

I dont believe in any religion, nor do I believe anything out there is asking for or needing to be worshiped.  I would also discourage religion as one less class of segregation we need to self impose upon our selves to breed mistrust.  

After much thought on existence, and energy, I have to consider myself agnostic.  There are just some very weird things that accompany existence,  Everything is energy, so we are proof of intelligent energy, its ability to create, and organize.  So in that respect the universe is also intelligent, and self aware.  Those are all basic quality's of a god.  If a god exists, it is a intelligent form of energy, in which we are proof can exisit.   

Next time you cant sleep, actually ponder the idea of thought/ideas as energy.  At its root, an idea is nothing more then clumped atoms, some photons,  electricity, some chemicals, whatever.  All those pieces of the universe can create something that did not exist before, or literally reshape existence threw nothing more then information. Dont know about you, but that puts a different spin on god and existence for me.

You also have to take into account that a god could be created (If science can teach us all there is, and we can recreate anything), which also makes the existence of one possible, or more likely then not. Least a nudge to 49% no, and 51% yes.  Anyway, I always seem to get some WTF are you talking about shit when I bring this stuff up.  Its for fun, and speculation rooted in a scientific foundation for god, over a religious one.  Something to make you think a bit. 

Also watch some science channel!  Thats where I get most this shit!  Here a short video of Through the Worm hole on the Omega Point, where we become or create god http://science.discovery.com/videos/through-the-wormhole-2-the-omega-point.html

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Afroman269

@Claude said:

No. I have a spirit in me that is all organic. I will live and die as a human being. Will my spirit live on? Sure it will. As sure as rain.

I agree with nearly all of this except for the spirit living on thing.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Meowshi
@John1912 said:
I would also discourage religion as one less class of segregation we need to self impose upon our selves to breed mistrust.  
Religion is just a part of culture.  Saying this is as offensive as suggesting that we should do away with all languages besides English, because it's a "class of segregation we impose upon ourselves to breed mistrust."  I like living in a world of diversity and opposing thoughts.  It would be extremely boring if everyone believed the same thing and agreed with each other over everything.
thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By thornie_delete

@Meowshi said:

@John1912 said:
I would also discourage religion as one less class of segregation we need to self impose upon our selves to breed mistrust.
Religion is just a part of culture. Saying this is as offensive as suggesting that we should do away with all languages besides English, because it's a "class of segregation we impose upon ourselves to breed mistrust." I like living in a world of diversity and opposing thoughts. It would be extremely boring if everyone believed the same thing and agreed with each other over everything.

I disagree. Why? Because while religion is an integral part of culture just as language, war and genocide are not waged on behalf of language. There is no dogma attached to language that deems it an absolute truth, not to be defied or challenged. No one invented language, it naturally evolved over thousands of years and is still evolving to this day. Religion unlike language is a revelation revealed to mankind by "perfect" and supernatural forces. It acts as an agent of division because it's the only machination of human invention that empowers people to be unquestionably more right than someone else.

A scenario played out time and time again over the course of humans existence...

"That strip of land is mine and belongs to my people"...

"Why? we were here first, and our God promised it to us"

"Well, your God is a false one and the one true God has given us permission to kill you and take it"

To the person that asked me WHY the earth revolves around the sun... Gravity. The Sun is massive, the most massive thing in our solar system, we revolve around it because the laws planetary motion state that smaller things are attracted to bigger things. Newtonian gravity has us circling the sun until something more massive comes along, or we get knocked off our orbit. This took millions and millions of years to happen. Tiny pieces of space dust clumping together until eventually the planets were born. If you are looking for a more philosophical answer, than I am sorry to disappoint you. Here is some philosophy for you... Why are we here? Because someone has to be.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#138  Edited By keyhunter

Yes. But only the Aesir.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#139  Edited By grilledcheez

Just Jeff and Vinny

Avatar image for deactivated-629f1f5a477d3
deactivated-629f1f5a477d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused by the question. I mean, Quentin Tarantino might put "Yes" because he worships feet. Is that what he's supposed to put?

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By kishan6
@RaikohBlade said:
@Ragdrazi:I can honestly say that I have tasted his glory firsthand
Gross
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By jasta

No chance.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ninjakiller
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#144  Edited By Hector

Lol...No worshiping here!

Fenrisulfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Fenrisulfr

@keyhunter said:

Yes. But only the Aesir.

I don't understand this. I see the idea behind it all, the challenges of what's asked of us, and what it's supposed to mean behind the layers of stories of past and future. In the end, there is war. War where everything dies: man, the gods, the enemies, everything. I reject what the oracles say. Only the past is set in stone.

I believe that the idea behind it all is this: Personal strength that can be used to inspire others. To be able to pick up the down trodden and beaten, inspire them to get back up, them push them until they've exceeded where the were. A group of a few strong with many weak can still be strong through numbers. However, a group of a few strong that make the weak stronger makes the whole stronger than previously possible. At the end of Ragnarok, the end of Days, Judgement Day, whatever you want to call it, the gods won't need the sub servant. They'll need equals.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By MezZa

Well, I'm catholic, so yes.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By NathHaw

An acquaintance of mine says that he is an atheist, but he's not religious about it. I like that.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By btman

Only the Flying Spaghetti Monster. His Noodle Appendages heal all!!!!

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By beforet

Only myself.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

After being forced to waste countless hours of my youth (which should have been spent playing games) in catholic confirmation classes, I'd be happy if I never saw the inside of a church again outside of the occasional funeral. I'm currently on track for that goal, haven't attended mass in around ten years.