#51 ZombiePie  Online
Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I need to know if @vinny is on board or not.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Should just start from the beginning only cut out all the filler so the entire series fits into like a season.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wish the Buu saga was just wiped out of canon. Nothing THAT interesting happens with any of the characters, and then Buu turns people into chocolate. It's so fucking stupid.

I'd rather watch Naruto filler than acknowledge that the Buu saga is actually how DBZ ended.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Sure, I'll take more dragonball.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Great news. Now... will Bruce Faulconer make the English dubbed version's music again? That man is brilliant.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like DBS to be a Sitcom called "Keeping up with Kakarot" about Goku's crazy antics and how they drive Vegeta mad and destroy his house on a semi-regular basis.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just get the guys from DBZ: Abridged to do it.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@brendan said:

After reading through the comments I realized that I don't know what the fuck Dragonball is anymore. I know the original and Z back to front, and I have a general knowledge of GT, but you are all speaking alien words. Who the hell are these characters, what 12 universes, whatwhatwhat??

Yo dawg I heard you like Super Saiyan so I made Super Saiyan God and then put Super Saiyan in Super Saiyan God so you Super Saiyan your Super Saiyan God

SSGSS motherfucker!

No but seriously watch the DBZ: Battle of Gods movie and you'll be caught right up.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Now that Dragon Ball Z is hip again, guess we'll start seeing more people wearing Dragon ball Z button up shirts and jnco jeans again...

*shutters*

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Crembaw

Remember when Gohan was the strongest and then nothing happened with that for 200 episodes?

Wait that's the entire series.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FLStyle

@crembaw said:

Remember when Gohan was the strongest and then nothing happened with that for 200 episodes?

Wait that's the entire series.

Ha! It is!

EDIT: Or rather it was, I haven't seen Resurrection F yet, but Gohan doesn't seem very strong in the clips I've seen.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really loved Dragon Ball

I enjoyed Dragon Ball Z

I avoided Dragon Ball GT

This trend doesn't bode well (for me). But I'll give it a shot.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FLStyle

Episode 1 is subbed and online (no link sorry, GB rules)

I very much enjoyed the episode, quite a bit of character development right off of the bat (wedding presents was the theme), rather than going straight to the "enemy appears, get strong enough to fight the enemy, kill enemy, repeat" formula.

Nice to see the humans haven't been abandoned too!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By hassun

Dragon Ball ended when the manga ended.
At least the original Dragon Ball anime was pretty good, what came after it though...

No Caption Provided
I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@hassun: this is an official continuation of the series with Akira toriyama being more involved in this series. He already has conceptualized and written most of the arcs for super with some of it being rehashes from the previous 2 films. This is considered official canon and even has Jaco the galactic policeman, the character from the short manga from Toriyama 2014 manga series in it. Watched it earlier today and happy to say I enjoyed it immensely it seems like it'll probably be more like the db Kai edits where there's less talking and more doing, which the original dbz anime was notoriosly known for.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have read/seen all Dragonball until now (canon/non-canon) and i have to say GT was shit. As for DB Super despite being cannon i wonder if Akira will go back to the old gags, since episode 1 shows just that.

As for plot well I think DBSuper, at least episode 1 starts before the events of SSJ God. Because the purple rabbit god guy still has to find the SSJGod. So my question is will the anime show a different type of reunion, or will they just adress you to see the movie that explain why the transformation??

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to be pretty obsessed with the show back in elementary school. So long ago. I saw a new trailer for, I think, a new DBZ movie. Not this show. But, man, the animation looks like garbage to me. I feel like a lot of cartoon shows these days look completed generated in a computer. I'm sure they all are. But back when I watched the show it had a sort of hand made quality to things. Now everything looks overly glossy.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@alvarofaraujo: Akira toriyama addressed some stuff about the series during an interview to promote the show in Japan. Series is suppose to rehash the battle of gods into an arc, freeze, a multiverse 6 arc, etc. not sure how many episodes will cover the rehashes since it's expected the show will be around 100 ep. I'll just expect a few time skips since where super is currently at goku hasn't met Ubuu yet and battle of gods is suppose to happen 10 years after z. Who knows though, toriyama and the director of the show might just decide to recon the entire thing for super.

ganz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ganz32

@i_stay_puft: I always thought of the movies as their own separate universe. The battle of the gods could make for a fun beginning to the series...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganz32: They typically are. The past 2 are a bit more canon due to the revival of the franchise. Let's just wait and see how much will be covered, and how much will be changed in Super. Battle of Gods would be fun but still more interested in the new stuff that happens after golden freeza with the multiverse. Imagine if one of the multiverse they visited was the dragon ball gt universe. Not only would GT now be officially considered canon just a different universe but you could have ssj god goku vs. ssj 4 goku :3

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Niceanims

Wow, how did I miss this announcement? So they're retconning GT, huh?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

This looks cool / reminds me I need to finish watching DBZ

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@itwongo: Best way to describe the dragon ball gt universe is to think of it like future trunks timeline where it is a possible outcome in a different timeline. From the timeline of battle of the gods / revival of freeza movies which for the moment are considered canon movies their stories would overwrite what occurs in the gt universe.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By fetchfox

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll give it a few episodes before I (hopefully) let my guard down.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope they don't deviate too much from the DBZ storyline, let alone take into consideration DBGT.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched the first episode. Seems like the same lighthearted start that DBZ got. The timeline seems a bit confusing since Beerus is awake, but I can't tell if Battle of Gods has already happened or not.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 rmanthorp  Moderator

Goku confirmed worst dad.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hassun

@i_stay_puft: Oh I understand the official involvement. It's not like I was just comparing it to GT. Z was also terrible. (Partly of course because of the old anime adaptation disease where the anime goes too fast and the manga has difficulty staying ahead, leading to more filler and shitty side stories.)

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: True, but newer anime can suffer a lot less because TV networks are more lenient towards limited runs - you don't have to ram filler in to get enough episodes for north american/european syndication anymore. Also, the popularity of streaming over traditional TV these days, especially for the demographic of old DB fans now in their 30s.

Oprahtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT was a pretty sweet series, just saying

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched the first episode. Seems like the same lighthearted start that DBZ got. The timeline seems a bit confusing since Beerus is awake, but I can't tell if Battle of Gods has already happened or not.

They're probably retconning a few things from the film but the plot is suppose to remain relatively the same. The timeline has this series taking place 6 months after the Buu fight while Battle of Gods occurs 5 years after the Buu fight. Wiki mentions that in the movie Beerus had been asleep for 39 years before the start of Battle of Gods. Either there will be a 5 year time jump at some point in this series or they'll probably just gloss over the fact that Beerus was in slumber for awhile.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Puchiko

Watched it last night and was entertained but not impressed. I mean does there always got to be someone more powerful they don't know about? This show is like comfort food to me so I'll take anything Dragon ball related.

BranKetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still have yet to watch this. If Toriyama can balance the humor of Dragon Ball with the seriousness of Dragon Ball Z, that would be awesome.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like them to do what was planned originally, and have Gohan surpass Goku and become the main character.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

On one hand, I don't care about anything related to God Mode Goku. I felt it was pretty dumb and would be happy if they discard it.

On the other hand, what little I have seen so far is pretty good. Glad they went for the lightness of early DB instead of trying to get head-on in the tone of most of Z.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#89  Edited By Jagged85
@oursin_360 said:

I would like them to do what was planned originally, and have Gohan surpass Goku and become the main character.

This. It's getting tiring to see Goku always beat the bad guys and save the world. It's about time he passes on the torch to Gohan, who I find to be a much more interesting character than Goku. I wouldn't mind Goten or Trunks taking on the lead role either, for that matter.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

Same here. Goku and Gohan should switch roles in my opinion. Gohan has always been a cool character, and I liked him more and more as he got older. Especially in the cell saga and the brief moment where he was strong during the Buu saga. Now he's in this weird spot where he's just there. Unless they do something to give him more power he's forever in this limbo of not being Goku but also not being a Yamcha or a Krillen either. Strong, but not strong enough to actually beat a big bad guy anymore. As long as Goku and his opponents keep getting stronger Gohan is just going to fall further and further behind. I guess Goku not being the one to save the day might upset a large portion of the fanbase though. Who knows.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Satan is a pretty cool guy.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't revisited Dragon Ball since grade 8 or so, but this news gets me pretty excited. I skipped most of GT, so I always assumed there was another series worth of crazy lore to catch up on. Knowing that's essentially skippable I'm looking forward to watching these much more recent movies and new series. I hope it will be more of an interesting adventure show rather then a series of boss battles and escalating power levels. For this reason I had a softer spot for the original series and peace time stories of DBZ. I'm not sure if I ever finished DBZ, now that I think about it, I may have quit during the Buu Saga.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked the first episode... Can't make a major judgement at this point, but I'm interested. It's hard to deny the nostalgia factor, at any rate.

Most would agree that DBZ has some issues, but I think it also has its moments. Hell, there are even some arcs of DB that I don't particularly care for. Loads of anime I was enraptured by during that era don't hold up for me now, but on the whole, I can still enjoy DB and DBZ.

Avatar image for mycroft_ampersand
Mycroft_Ampersand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

I guess Goku not being the one to save the day might upset a large portion of the fanbase though. Who knows.

I remember reading quite some time ago that this is exactly what happened - Toriyama was going to have Gohan become the main character and there was such a huge outcry from a portion of the fanbase that he brought Goku back just so people would stop. Personally, I thought Goku's death to Cell and Gohan winning and becoming the most powerful being on Earth and subsequently the main character was a good way to go.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mycroft_ampersand said:
@mentaldisruption said:

@oursin_360 said:

I guess Goku not being the one to save the day might upset a large portion of the fanbase though. Who knows.

I remember reading quite some time ago that this is exactly what happened - Toriyama was going to have Gohan become the main character and there was such a huge outcry from a portion of the fanbase that he brought Goku back just so people would stop. Personally, I thought Goku's death to Cell and Gohan winning and becoming the most powerful being on Earth and subsequently the main character was a good way to go.

Even at the end of DBZ even though Goku was able to go SSJ3 and was the one who sent the finishing blow on Buu, Gohan is actually considered the most powerful fighter at the end cause he was able to stand toe to toe with Buu without delving into the SJJ power source. He essentially was one of the first to kinda discover power in a regular stated form which Goku discovers as well in the subsequent Battle of Gods movie. Heck, even in the first episode of Super Goku admits that he wasn't the one who actually defeated Buu but the people of earth's energy gave him the necessary energy to create that spirit bomb which eventually defeated Buu.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mycroft_ampersand said:
@mentaldisruption said:

@oursin_360 said:

Even at the end of DBZ even though Goku was able to go SSJ3 and was the one who sent the finishing blow on Buu, Gohan is actually considered the most powerful fighter at the end cause he was able to stand toe to toe with Buu without delving into the SJJ power source. He essentially was one of the first to kinda discover power in a regular stated form which Goku discovers as well in the subsequent Battle of Gods movie. Heck, even in the first episode of Super Goku admits that he wasn't the one who actually defeated Buu but the people of earth's energy gave him the necessary energy to create that spirit bomb which eventually defeated Buu.

That's really interesting. Last time I watched these sagas was when I was a kid, so a lot of this was lost on me. It makes sense, though, now that you mention it I do remember Gohan never actually transforming during that fight. Only DBZ I've watched in the last couple years is Battle of the Gods and will probably avoid watching Super til it gets dubbed just for old times sakes. I'm way too used to the dubbed voices in this series. Hopefully they find ways to do all of the characters justice along the way.

As much as I love Goku, I do kinda wish they had just stuck with Gohan taking over after cell. It feels like a missed opportunity. That fight was one of my favorite moments in the series, and Goku being gone really had a heavy impact imo. Gohan's a perfectly capable character to lead the series. Kinda dilutes it when they just found a way to bring him back and make him stronger again. I wasn't as big of a fan of the buu saga overall anyway. Oh well, still an enjoyable show to watch either way.

b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the first episode, here's a thing i don't get, is this a retelling of the last movie? I thought the movie was pretty lame, mostly because of super fanservice plot, space egyptian cat is alright.

Also just imagine goku having a normal-non-super-power kid, he would be dead by now, you just don't let your kid drive a tractor near a cliff.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b33 said:

I watched the first episode, here's a thing i don't get, is this a retelling of the last movie? I thought the movie was pretty lame, mostly because of super fanservice plot, space egyptian cat is alright.

Also just imagine goku having a normal-non-super-power kid, he would be dead by now, you just don't let your kid drive a tractor near a cliff.

The movies aren't considered canon by the shows.

BranKetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:
@b33 said:

The movies aren't considered canon by the shows.

The Dead Zone and the Garlic Jr. saga are linked.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#100  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I want them to take risks with this show.