• 92 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I know Christmas is tomorrow, but my family celebrates on Christmas Eve (I mean, family come over anyways), and this year we opened presents today. With the past few years (or, maybe more than a few), since my brothers and I are older, we haven't really been doing 'bigger' gifts as much (as in, how much money was spent). This year was different, I bought everyone in the immediate family presents: my mom a king sized heated blanket since she gets cold a lot, one brother the Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy XV, and the other as well as the same for my dad, $100 dollar gift cards for Home Depot (along with two coffee cups, one with the letter D for my dad, and one with an M for my mom).

As for me, since I like drinking mocha's, I got a bag of mocha mix, which I've already drank a few cups of and actually filled me up; an entertainment center; Dead Rising 4, which I already finished and thought was pretty good, but probably need to play it through again to take the time to do everything perhaps. I finished at 22 hours, with 67 percent done. The game has issues, one being that it is too easy; I didn't die once throughout. Though I was the one that bought it, it still felt Christmas-y, I also got a new home theater system which I got just in time for Dead Rising 4 and The Last Guardian. The last thing I got was a ticket to go see Video Games Live, the video game orchestra. That should be fun. Has anyone been to one of those? I've only seen YouTube footage of them.

What about you? What did you gift others, and/or get yourself? I know Christmas isn't all about presents, and I had a fun time just spending time with family tonight regardless, but it can make it fun. Hopefully everyone is having a great holiday, and if you're reading this late, had a great holiday! Okay, take care.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my birthday today so I got a bunch of gift cards which I used to finally pull the trigger on my Persona 5 machine. I got UC4, Bloodborne and FFXV. Might get Civ too, idk yet.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Christmas is today here (that sounds dumb, I mean it's already the 25th here while it's still the 24th in the USA or Europe)

Got a few board games which I picked myself, some books I was interested in, some clothes etc.

Was a good Christmas because my now almost 2 year old son understood it a lot more and went nuts with some of the toys he got, seeing his joyful reactions was pretty special.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By SMTDante89

A bunch of snacks.

Amazon Gift Card (haven't used it on anything yet)

PSN Credit (Used on Street Fighter V's Character Pass for 2017 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS4 as per my friend's wishes)

Trafalgar Law figure (One Piece manga/anime character)

Bleach manga artbook

Tickets to see six different bands (mainly to see Gojira and Devin Townsend Project, but also Mastodon, Opeth, Eagles of Death Metal and Russian Circles) in May. Probably the best chance a friend of mine and I can see DTP since we've wanted to see them live for years, and the best chance for me to finally see Gojira live. Never been in Philly either so that will potentially be fun as well during downtime. Also I'm at least somewhat familiar with every band except Russian Circles so I gave them a listen and I really like them a lot. It's hard for me to get into instrumental music outside of soundtracks for games/films/TV so this band is definitely something for me to look out for, and I imagine they'll be phenomenal to hear live.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

My family has always gone the route of smaller symbolic gifts so I always look at these Christmas present lists with a mix of awe and disbelief.. and a hint of jealousy. This year I got a jacket for running, a pair of gloves, some t-shirts and a book. Apart from the t-shirt, which my brother continues to buy me a size too small, they're all nice gifts, although it would be nice to get like a collectors edition game one day. That Nier Automata collectors looks reeeeaaal nice but its way pricey - maybe a gift for myself next year!

Either way, as always really excited to read these lists while thoughtfully whistling to myself "wow nice" every once in a while.

Merry Christmas everyone

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I know I'm getting a couple of lego dimensions sets. Mostly I'm happy about giving my mum a much better iPad, a self help book about depression and giving my brother the gift of Doom.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

We haven't opened presents yet so I don't know what I'm getting (though my family creates lists of things we'd like to help manage gifts and take the stress off, so they'll probably be on that list). Gifts I'm giving though are: a copy of Pokémon Sun for my sister (that she asked for) and a Kate Bush album for my Dad (that he bought and than asked me to give it to him for Christmas). I spent the significant majority of my budget, though, on surprising my mum with over £100 of dinner plates as she repeatedly mentions her frustration over our current ones being too few and not in great condition.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WynnDuffy

£220 cash, I'm going to Japan in 3 weeks so this will be my travel money. I don't need to pay for a hotel because I'll stay at my girlfriend's!

£20 Steam gift card, so far in the sales I have bought Subnautica and Thumper for VR and a bit of Rocksmith DLC

OpTech camera sling strap

Emperor guitar tab book created by the man himself (Ihsahn)

Set of Jim Dunlop guitar picks (variety pack)

VGA to HDMI conversion adaptor (going to use this for an old console)

And I'll be exchanging gifts with my GF in a few weeks too

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A debilitating cold. Oh wait, GOOD things? Nothing yet.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted 4

Ratchet and clank (ps4)

Wind Waker HD

The Division

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

A Vegetta mug that goes super saiyen when hot water is added.

A Seth Rollins th shirt.

Amongst other stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A shirt, a kit with body/face wash stuff, two pair of jeans (which I really needed) a cinema gift card and a book on Lap steel guitars.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't celebrate it, but I bought myself Abzu and Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm marathoning the latter right now.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

2nd volume of the Blame! master edition, money and a really nice Spider-Gwen figurine.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1TB external for the Xbox so I can finally stop playing the manage storage mini-game. And some clothes.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

My mom bought me a much-needed new phone a few weeks ago. My dad payed for my $300 in parking tickets. Overall, a pretty good year, haha.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By imsh_pl

In Poland we open presents after a celebratory Christmas Eve dinner.

In our family we have a pretty useful system where each of us gives a list in an email of what they would like to get and the rest of the family sorts out who buys what (and usually buys a couple extra gifts). I think it's a pretty good system.

I got a pair of awesome Vader plush slippers from my girlfriend, and from my family the board game Pandemic Legacy, a book on lunar rovers, a palo santo matero (which is a special kind of cup for a south american drink I've grown fond of called yerba mate), a bunch of japanese cooking ingredients, some cash, and some money for doctors in Syria transferred in my name.

Pretty awesome Christmas for me, got everything I wanted and more.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Hold on, why would you buy such a soulless and generic AAA game?? I'm kidding, Tomb Raider is clearly great.

@ezekiel said:

Don't celebrate it, but I bought myself Abzu and Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm marathoning the latter right now.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Dragon Quest 7 3DS, two hoodies, some money and five lottery tickets. I won on four of them for a total of 41€. Probably going to spend some of it in the Steam sale, maybe on Dragonball Xenoverse or some Musou dumbness.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hold on, why would you buy such a soulless and generic AAA game?? I'm kidding, Tomb Raider is clearly great.

@ezekiel said:

No, it's not. But Rise in my ten hours is a lot better than TR 2013. I don't hate the protagonist.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MindBullet

Kinda overwhelmed this year honestly.

Dishonored 2, Dragon Quest Builders, Titanfall 2, and a new tablet under the tree. On top of that, I logged into Steam a few minutes ago and found my brother and his wife gifted me Shantae: Half Genie Hero and God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

#blessup and Happy Holidays.

Ketta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought myself a guitar a few weeks ago if that counts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

socks

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some cash, an iTunes gift card, some shirts, a few books, a few movies, a mouse pad, and a Death Trooper bobble head.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got an Alpaca cloth calendar and some fudge. I'm pretty happy with that, I love my Mum's fudge.

And who can say a bad word about Alpaca's? Not me.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fender jaguar, which I need to get back to.

revolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By revolve

My wife got me a really nice coat. Also I got to spend the whole weekend with her, since she normally works Saturdays, so that's more than enough of a present for me, anytime.

EDIT: I also bought The Witcher 3 for myself on PC, since I have a rig good enough to do that game justice.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got socks...Darn Tough Socks. Which are super awesome and comfy, and well tough. Also got an REI Gift Card which I plan on using to buy some new thermal underwear. A 500 GB SSD which lets me put ~150 bucks into an even more powerful PC which I'll be buying soon! I also got a tackle box in which to make it easier to carry and store some of my hundreds of D&D minis, it beats the falling apart cardboard box I used before.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a good-sized bonus from work and that, plus some of my savings, allowed me to pay off the last of my student loans (it's actually kind of a large figure but I don't want to list it here.) It's not exactly a Christmas gift and it didn't come wrapped in a bow but it's something I've been working towards for awhile and I feel pretty good about it. Should allow me to save a lot more for the future, take a less demanding/lower paying job, whatever.

Listen kids, this is the kind of thing that you'll be looking forward to when you get old. It probably seems boring now, but when you get there it won't seem nearly so boring.

Bfinstad86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw my mom's side of the family. So no. Absolutely nothing good for Christmas.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I should make it clear that I didn't make this thread to brag, or have people brag about the things they got. I don't think the presents matter so much, as long as people are happy. I just thought it'd be fun to say what we all got. This year was a bit different for me, since I don't usually spend a lot of money on family as a whole in terms of presents despite not minding it, and I don't nowadays get much in terms of big presents. Anyways, it's Christmas today, so Merry Christmas! Have a great day.

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1TB external for the Xbox so I can finally stop playing the manage storage mini-game. And some clothes.

Hahaha! The manage storage mini-game... I didn't realize that this whole time I was just playing a game! I must have 1000 GS this game multiple times over by now! How are you securing the HD?

I bought my wife a puppy for Christmas! Coming home in February! I'm giving my brother in law a Microsoft gift card for some Xbox games. I believe I'll be receiving a Stihl gas leaf blower from my in-laws which is awesome! I treated myself to Hitman on XB1 so I'm definitely looking forward to that! We'll see what else shows up in the presents!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: No, not boring at all (unless, yeah, you're a kid that doesn't have to worry about such things).

damonstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu rays of

1. The alien dead, 2. The strangeness, 3. The Nest, 4. A boy and his dog, 5. Martyrs, 6. C.H.U.D, 7. Return of the living dead 3,

Fight club 2 comic, x-com2, uncharted 4, return of the living dead making of book. Bucket of peanut brittle, Beard shaver, toxic avenger shirt.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Money. Money that will go into building my first gaming PC.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyn0mite: Yeah, the 500 gig life is a struggle man.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mainly Steam gift cards, which I'll most likely spend in the sale.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By Castiel

Mostly got game related stuff this year, and I'm really happy with that since games are expensive:

• The Last Guardian
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • XCOM 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider

The last two games I bought with some Playstation Store gift cards I got. I'm set for a little while with these games. Not bad at all.

Also got a few extra things but they aren't gaming related. But still good things.

bavelb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy XV, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Rise of the Tombraider, psn wallet topup, The Icewind Dale trilogy and a boardgame...Munchkin Pathfinder. ie: spoiled.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bigsocrates

@dharmabum said:

@tyn0mite: Yeah, the 500 gig life is a struggle man.

Halo the Master Chief Collection is 70 GBs with ODST installed. Halo 5: Guardians is almost 100 GBs. Since you only have a bit over 400 GBs usable of the 500 gig HD (the rest being reserved for system stuff) I'd say yes, it's a pretty bad struggle. Plus if you had a decent Xbox 360 collection you keep getting those old games showing up for installation, and they're all wrapped in an emulator, so even Golden Axe is 570 megabytes. The original Doom is 650 MBs and that game came on 3.5 inch floppy discs originally! And the NEW DOOM is 70 GBs!

Not that PS4 is better or anything (and in some ways worse because of no external support) but the struggle is definitely real.

Quantum Break is 122 GBs with the Episode Pack installed. And that game is like 10 hours long. That's 12 GBs per hour!

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some clear storage bins to put my old games and DVDs in so that I can see what's in them instead of just normal boxes, some money and a Amazon gift card, and an awesome hand made solid oak key holder/mail holder/organizer that was desperately needed.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Helicopter pilot lessons, guess all the DCS I played cos of this site got noticed!

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By paulmako

A second Dualshock 4. Opportunities for local multiplayer are infrequent enough on PS4 for me that I never felt the need to get one myself, but I'm glad I now have one.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I got to see my grandparents, which has been great because they're getting really old now. In terms of "gifts", I got new shoes, socks and new headphones. Been a good holiday so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got an electric smoker

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By MocBucket62

Dan Ryckert's new book "The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class", an electric quesadilla maker, a Yeti Rambler, or a 64 oz. bottle, plenty of neat clothing, new pair of sandals, Steam gift cards (Bought Contradiction Spot the Liar), and small Yeti Knockoff cup holders.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lv4Monk

I got a pile of cash that's being directed towards the Nintendo Switch. Not too exciting YET but you just wait.

March is gonna be sweet, yo.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I got Pokemon cards, money, and candy. Did I mention I'm 26? (And before anyone comments, it's what I asked for.)

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I got socks and it was awesome. I remember Ryan saying on a Bombcast getting mundane stuff like that as an adult is the best since you don't have to buy it yourself. I pretty much bought all the games I wanted this year anyway.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Strix 1060, a HUE+, and some shirts.