giantbomb is quiet...

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crunchUK

too quiet. i know that this isn't exactly busy hours but even when it is busy hours it has decreased a lot. i guess it's because with school people have little time for IMPORTANT things like the internet :P. we neeed moar members

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Otacon

yeah I suppose but its still very early days for the site.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

College and real life takes over sometimes, unfortunately.

More members aren't necessarily a good thing, but new good members are. We don't need any more trolls and whatnot.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

yeah but before it was quite a bit busier. like the last post at the first page was sometimes from just 20 minutes ago but now it's gone all the way down to 2 hours

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Mushir

Well it launched in summer when everyone was home. So it was extremely active back then. Now everyone has to work and stuff. Plus like Otacon said, its still very early days for the site.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate

All the trolls are sleeping :)

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

trolls can be tamed `-`

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate

How so? we should share troll taming techniques!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

A whip is a great tool.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Vaxadrin
OmegaPirate said:
"How so? we should share troll taming techniques!"
Post topics worth discussing and they don't know what to do.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmegaPirate
Vaxadrin said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"How so? we should share troll taming techniques!"
Post topics worth discussing and they don't know what to do."
Touche salesman
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK

basically it's like using doggie biscuits to teac h a dog osmething: basically you ignore them lamost completely until they post somethin g worthwhile then you give them the doggie biscuit

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate
atheistium said:
"maybe even ... too quiet :O!"
BAM- BAM- BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By samcotts

I know what you mean. Got to admit, I haven't been posting a lot recently, and that's basically because of Sixth Form, It's the first week back. Which has been great so far.

GiantBomb is still very young, and is doing great considering that it's been up for less then two months. Expect more posting being done when more people discover the site. Don't forget, a lot of our members are more into editing pages then using the forum, and I would imagine also that quite a few people don't even bother posting nor editing, but using the site as an information source, or just reading, watching and hearing anything that the GiantBomb team produce.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate
samcotts said:
"I know what you mean. Got to admit, I haven't been posting a lot recently, and that's basically because of Sixth Form, It's the first week back. Which has been great so far.
GiantBomb is still very young, and is doing great considering that it's been up for less then two months. Expect more posting being done when more people discover the site. Don't forget, a lot of our members are more into editing pages then using the forum, and I would imagine also that quite a few people don't even bother posting nor editing, but using the site as an information source, or just reading, watching and hearing anything that the GiantBomb team produce.
"
This guy makes a lot of sense for someone eating a microphone :D
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By KillaMaStA

A: The first big Launch high point where everyone was checking out the site is over

B: Its not summer anymore, people are at school and stuff.

I think well just have to get used to it and wait for more people to come along, but ofcourse the site aint dead now, its still got a lot of users

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oriental_Jams

It's the large hadron collider I tells ya, it's zapping people off the face of the earth.

krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By krazychris

I too thought it would be busier but early days and I guess it's better to have what we have than a billion political, religion and girls help threads.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb

School. The site launched in the summer when people had time to be on it 24/7Karmumcoughcough.

Lately, with school and whatnot, I have trouble getting time to spend on this site. I have to try to focus on school work and as much as I love GiantBomb, I think I would rather spend the majority of my spare time with actual video games.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Jayge_
KillaMaStA said:
"A: The first big Launch high point where everyone was checking out the site is over

I think well just have to get used to it and wait for more people to come along, but ofcourse the site aint dead now, its still got a lot of users"
We're in the lull between launch, and the supposed overhaul/new-features thing that may be coming soon. That should get some buzz going. Meh. 20,000 users is no mean feat for these guys, but it's a paltry number compared to the big guys. I don't think this forum could take widespread legitimacy though. No polls, bad navigation, etc. The main site works perfectly (besides the friend network glitch), but people see these boards as a fairly below-standard offering.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK

i think they're pretty neat. especially the way your post fades in instead of the pages b eing refreshed

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayge_
crunchUK said:
"i think they're pretty neat. especially the way your post fades in instead of the pages b eing refreshed"
It's an interesting framework, surely, but it is broken (in the way of HTML embedding), and things like adding images that always have captions are annoying. Even links have to be highlighted and added specially. Most boards recognize and immediately convert those things.
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By KillaMaStA
Jayge said:
"KillaMaStA said:
"A: The first big Launch high point where everyone was checking out the site is over

I think well just have to get used to it and wait for more people to come along, but ofcourse the site aint dead now, its still got a lot of users"
We're in the lull between launch, and the supposed overhaul/new-features thing that may be coming soon. That should get some buzz going. Meh. 20,000 users is no mean feat for these guys, but it's a paltry number compared to the big guys. I don't think this forum could take widespread legitimacy though. No polls, bad navigation, etc. The main site works perfectly (besides the friend network glitch), but people see these boards as a fairly below-standard offering."
The lack of polls is the only thing that i dont like about GB, but maybe the new update will add them, they seem like a must for forums
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:
"i think they're pretty neat. especially the way your post fades in instead of the pages b eing refreshed"
It's an interesting framework, surely, but it is broken (in the way of HTML embedding), and things like adding images that always have captions are annoying. Even links have to be highlighted and added specially. Most boards recognize and immediately convert those things."
you can embend images so as not to have a caption
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaxadrin

Protip: To post an image with no caption, simply go in to "edit caption" and put two spaces.  Like this:

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jayge said:
"KillaMaStA said:

We're in the lull between launch, and the supposed overhaul/new-features thing that may be coming soon. That should get some buzz going. Meh. 20,000 users is no mean feat for these guys, but it's a paltry number compared to the big guys. I don't think this forum could take widespread legitimacy though. No polls, bad navigation, etc. The main site works perfectly (besides the friend network glitch), but people see these boards as a fairly below-standard offering."

I agree that the forums are pretty sub-standard and I acknowledge the bugs, but I do love where this site is heading. I hate facebook because...

Well, my highschool sucks. I do, however, think facebook's interface is brilliant and intuitive; the fact that GiantBomb is using this setup is really attractive to me.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jayge_
Vaxadrin said:
"Protip: To post an image with no caption, simply go in to "edit caption" and put two spaces.  Like this:

"
I know. You can also drag and drop them from a profile (with firefox) and have no caption; but I'd rather be able to post one with no caption, and have the option to add a custom caption, than to just have a retarded little "no caption" every time :-P
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By mracoon

Yeah I've been on the site less because of college.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shocker

School, work, and baseball take up most of my time.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vaxadrin
Jayge said:
"I know. You can also drag and drop them from a profile (with firefox) and have no caption; but I'd rather be able to post one with no caption, and have the option to add a custom caption, than to just have a retarded little "no caption" every time :-P"
Oh ok, so you're lazy.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kohe321

Huh I feel its quite busy around the forums, they are very active. Also over 19k members isn't bad for such a newly launched site. Giantbomb is awesome.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jayge_
Vaxadrin said:
"Jayge said:
"I know. You can also drag and drop them from a profile (with firefox) and have no caption; but I'd rather be able to post one with no caption, and have the option to add a custom caption, than to just have a retarded little "no caption" every time :-P"
Oh ok, so you're lazy."
Actually, I find it visually displeasing. And I'm usually trying to get a post out fast if it's an image (usually a silly gag), so it annoys me to see that there. I can always put in the effort and edit it, but the thing is *I shouldn't have to* >.>
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By crunchUK

oooh someone is annoyed at having captions. they have some cool uses, like

"my readings are off the charts!"

you juist need a bit of creativity and originality

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayge_

Yeah. They're fine when you want them. But having a stupid default one is the annoying part.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crunchUK

maybe but as many people have said there are easy ways around them. and anyway i think captions are awesomely cool idk why i just love em. it's kind of like quotation marks or brackets only stylish... plus you could do some kind of mini 4chan type thing

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ma7moud

Yeah, The forums became less active now days. I also wonder why Very few members from the19k members post on forums ?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Meowayne

I'm busy with a Final Fantasy VII movie script.

AgentAMi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AgentAMi6

trolls and such are probably at school (college) or simply jerking off

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By crunchUK

oh and WTF HAPPENED TO BOMB SQUAD???? did it just die or something? BECAUSE IT WAS AWESOME

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DualReaver

*sighs*
Long story crunch. Long story...

AgentAMi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AgentAMi6
DualReaver said:
":(
Long story crunch. Long story..."
Do tell I wanna know
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By crunchUK

plz i MUST MUST MUST know

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DualReaver

Okay it's not that long of a story.
BS got labeled as "spam" and promoted trolling, or some stupid shit like that. So they closed it down.
Then MB in a way insulted all the BSers, and called us all spammers who contribute very little to the community. >_>

There's a sticky topic about this, where we argue with the mods. It got locked as well of course. See for yourself.

Edit:

Never mind it seems that was removed completely.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By crunchUK

i can't see it. still what a terrible shame. bombsquad rule*d*. and how is a random, freeflowing discussion SPAM???

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Otacon
Meowayne said:
"I'm busy with a Final Fantasy VII movie script."
Care to elaborate? 
I mean I recognize pretty much everyone who posts nowadays quite a small community of regulars.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By Discorsi

Becuase all people seem to like to talk about here is stupid irrelevent shit and most of those irrelevent shit topics have already been made.

I mean when harburgers is one of the top topics on a video game forum umm thta pretty much reeks of fail.  That's right I said it. 

Time to be -1'd.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Karmum

I suppose that happens when people have to go to school now. It'll be a bit more active during the weekends.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Player1

Agree, just wait, in a year it will get hectic. 

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By Lies
crunchUK said:
"i can't see it. still what a terrible shame. bombsquad rule*d*. and how is a random, freeflowing discussion SPAM???
"
You, my friend, are behind the times.

Mods are making a crackdown on OT, which is quite likely one of the primary reasons these forums are so quiet. They're limiting the scope of the discussions you can have here. Seems there were quite a few people who disagreed with them, but the answer we got was pretty much: "We're mods. Our opinion matters more than your opinion. Suck it up and contribute to society".