giantbomb is quiet...

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Clean

Baseball and School have been taking up my time, here. I probably only will post 20 times a week.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Hamz

The forums are a little quieter probably down to the fact people are back at school or work as the summer is over. That and i'd like to think everyone is playing some awesome games and haven't had time recently to post so regular.

And like any website you get lulls in activity for a few weeks then it picks up again and in GiantBomb's case since its a new site this is probably the biggest reason. People have been to the site, enjoyed it or maybe not and just taken a break from it.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't think it's quiet here but the forums move no way as fast as those on a site like Gamespot. However, remember that having a forum population like the larger mainstream sites starts enticing the trolls and intellectually defective fanboys.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#54  Edited By mike

While the number of posts per day has decreased over the course of the last few weeks or so, the overall quality of topics has drastically increased. It's all part of the mods' evil plan to steer the forums in a more positive direction that promotes actual discussion instead of mindless chat.

Let's not turn this into another "Mods are nazis, bring back Bomb Squad" topic, please. That dead horse has been beaten well into pulp and has been rendered down into soap at this point. I'll end with that even though the frequency of posts has gone down, the feedback we've received from the community at large has been overwhelmingly positive...except for that small, vocal minority.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By TheJollyRajah

You know, I've given some thought on this, and I actually enjoy the fact that we are a smaller community. I know almost everyone here, and the place just seems to have more character because of that. Giant Bomb feels more family-like than Gamespot... in fact, more than any other big gaming website right now. Just feel privileged that you have the chance of being part of such a great website at such an early time, because we are the foundation of this site. We are the members who'll help this place grow in the future.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Jayge_

Jayge: The Pioneer of Tactful Douchebaggery. They'll sing legendary ballads of him one day.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By Lies

MB said:

"While the number of posts per day has decreased over the course of the last few weeks or so, the overall quality of topics has drastically increased. It's all part of the mods' evil plan to steer the forums in a more positive direction that promotes actual discussion instead of mindless chat.

Let's not turn this into another "Mods are nazis, bring back Bomb Squad" topic, please. That dead horse has been beaten well into pulp and has been rendered down into soap at this point. I'll end with that even though the frequency of posts has gone down, the feedback we've received from the community at large has been overwhelmingly positive...except for that small, vocal minority."
Oh boy, I bet that small vocal minority sure is a pain in your ass. What with their having opinions and all. Douchebags.

Jayge: The Pioneer of Tactful Douchebaggery. They'll sing legendary ballads of him one day.
I thought that was DualReaver? You two are kinda similar, after all. DualReaver's just a bit more of a loose canon, whereas you are more controlled and precise.

Also Jolly, your flaming unicorn avatar was way cooler than the new one :(

Man, I wish the forums would pick up. Place is boring as hell unless you're in the IRC chat nowadays.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mike

Lies said:
"Oh boy, I bet that small vocal minority sure is a pain in your ass. What with their having opinions and all. Douchebags."

Not really. We can't please everyone all of the time. You guys will get over it eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jayge said:
"Jayge: The Pioneer of Tactful Douchebaggery. They'll sing legendary ballads of him one day."
I totally came up with the phrase "Tactful Douchebag".

I love you, Jayge.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Lies

MB said:

"Lies said:
"Oh boy, I bet that small vocal minority sure is a pain in your ass. What with their having opinions and all. Douchebags."

Not really. We can't please everyone all of the time. You guys will get over it eventually."
Man, having your complaints ignored by forum mods is so much fun. I really feel like my opinion matters!

But Crunch, if you're looking for a more active place, drop by the GB IRC, which is generally pretty dang active. It's a nice place to just chill for a while and chat with some dudes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lies said:
But Crunch, if you're looking for a more active place, drop by the GB IRC, which is generally pretty dang active. It's a nice place to just chill for a while and chat with some dudes."
Agreed.  The IRC is really laid back.  In all honesty, I prefer it to the Bomb Squad.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By Black_Rose

Real life sucks, it takes too much of my time

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lies
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Lies said:
But Crunch, if you're looking for a more active place, drop by the GB IRC, which is generally pretty dang active. It's a nice place to just chill for a while and chat with some dudes."
Agreed.  The IRC is really laid back.  In all honesty, I prefer it to the Bomb Squad."
I dunno, IRC is too lightning fast for me sometimes :P And I don't exactly like having to resort to an external service to chat with people from GiantBomb, but it does work. Plus IRC is DualReaver without an edit button, which can get a bit ugly sometimes :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And, you know, sometimes (most of the time, I've found), the uglier things in life are the things most worthy of love. 

Haha.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By AlexB

I think we would see more traffic if we had some sort of thread where you could just say whatever you wanted and make statements that aren't really worthy of their own threads. I wish we could have something like that. No never mind it probably wouldn't be popular or it would get locked. (sarcasm x100)

Aside from my bitterness I have been VERY busy with school starting, but i think as i get back into the swing of the weird hours i will get on more. Give it time.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Hamz

As i said already its a lull we're having just like any other website and its to be expected really. When GiantBomb launched i remember Gamespot's forums went quiet for awhile and they picked up and went quiet again and it still is like this. Just like GiantBomb's forums will pick up and then go quiet and thats cool because i have to say i've noticed that although less topics are made in the forums the ones that get made have some good discussion going on in them.

And hopefully most if not all of you will stay with GiantBomb so in a few years time when we get a bunch of new kids join we can be like old timers and say "well in them early days, things were rough, but we held out...we stuck together and we fought them trolls and spammers with everything we had. From lolcats to facepalm and epic fail memes to even the mighty banhammer from time to time". Because lets face it in 2 or 3 years time lolcats and caturday will be replaced by something far more dangerous and funny....

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#68  Edited By Black_Rose
Hamz said:
" "well in them early days, things were rough, but we held out...we stuck together and we fought them trolls and spammers with everything we had. From lolcats to facepalm and epic fail memes to even the mighty banhammer from time to time"."
That made me cry :'(
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#69  Edited By AlexB

We are approaching the 20,000 user base btw if you hadn't noticed.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mike

Lies - I promise you that none of us are ignoring your complaints or suggestions. It was all taken under advisement, and unfortunately for you we just went in a slightly different direction than what you wanted. I'm sorry you're upset, but I can assure you that you certainly are not being ignored.

Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#71  Edited By Curfew

School is the reason I'm not here that much.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By brukaoru
Hamz said:
"And hopefully most if not all of you will stay with GiantBomb so in a few years time when we get a bunch of new kids join we can be like old timers and say "well in them early days, things were rough, but we held out...we stuck together and we fought them trolls and spammers with everything we had. From lolcats to facepalm and epic fail memes to even the mighty banhammer from time to time". Because lets face it in 2 or 3 years time lolcats and caturday will be replaced by something far more dangerous and funny...."
Wait wait wait... What? No lolcats/dogs... No fail pictures?! What will the internet become?! I'm scared! I don't want to grow up!  ;_________;
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lies
brukaoru said:
"Hamz said:
"And hopefully most if not all of you will stay with GiantBomb so in a few years time when we get a bunch of new kids join we can be like old timers and say "well in them early days, things were rough, but we held out...we stuck together and we fought them trolls and spammers with everything we had. From lolcats to facepalm and epic fail memes to even the mighty banhammer from time to time". Because lets face it in 2 or 3 years time lolcats and caturday will be replaced by something far more dangerous and funny...."
Wait wait wait... What? No lolcats/dogs... No fail pictures?! What will the internet become?! I'm scared! I don't want to grow up!  ;_________;"
It's truly a dark future that lies ahead of us. A terrifying, dark, future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB ignores me all the time.

;-)

One of the only men who can resist this charm.  Haha.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Hamz
Lies said:
"brukaoru said:
"Hamz said:
Wait wait wait... What? No lolcats/dogs... No fail pictures?! What will the internet become?! I'm scared! I don't want to grow up!  ;_________;"
It's truly a dark future that lies ahead of us. A terrifying, dark, future."
I'll clarify here that i was mentioning the lolcats etc as things we used to combat the trolls and spammers....not things we are fighting against. But like all things in life a day will come when lolcats are no longer funny and drift into the realm of legend...and myth. A sad day for sure but a day when a new champion of the internet will arise, i call it now, penguin army...
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By brukaoru
Hamz said:
"Lies said:
"It's truly a dark future that lies ahead of us. A terrifying, dark, future."
I'll clarify here that i was mentioning the lolcats etc as things we used to combat the trolls and spammers....not things we are fighting against. But like all things in life a day will come when lolcats are no longer funny and drift into the realm of legend...and myth. A sad day for sure but a day when a new champion of the internet will arise, i call it now, penguin army..."
:O Hamz! You should register a Penguin Lol picture website before someone steals your idea! >_<
Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Batman

I've been busy

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By hazelnutman

Yeah, people have to go back to jobs and school now. Times have changed :(

I'll still be active though :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just say I'm way more active than I should be, what with school and all.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By clubsandwich

real life took over me, I barely post in here.

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i donno, i dont post much but i like reading what people have to say, also, theres not too many annoying trolls on here just bored trying to argue and stuff. which i like, i like hearing what people have to say without "DUUUHHHHH PS3 IS SOOOOOO MUCH BETTA DAWG!!!!?!"

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Rowr
brukaoru said:
"Hamz said:
"Lies said:
"It's truly a dark future that lies ahead of us. A terrifying, dark, future."
I'll clarify here that i was mentioning the lolcats etc as things we used to combat the trolls and spammers....not things we are fighting against. But like all things in life a day will come when lolcats are no longer funny and drift into the realm of legend...and myth. A sad day for sure but a day when a new champion of the internet will arise, i call it now, penguin army..."
:O Hamz! You should register a Penguin Lol picture website before someone steals your idea! >_<"
mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mandeponium

I have the flu, homework due, and a class in 8 hours. WTF am I doing here?

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By serbsta

Yeh its slowing down.

DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DiscoLights

they were having a moment of silence while i was away

calm down kiddies, i've returned
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#86  Edited By OGCartman

Haha yes its slow =(

Has a bit to do with no bomb squad, waylt, no random great video threads, banning of caseywegner, locking political threads, etc.

People at GS are laffing :(

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mike
Political threads aren't being locked dude - only duplicates are. 
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jayge_
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Jayge said:
"Jayge: The Pioneer of Tactful Douchebaggery. They'll sing legendary ballads of him one day."
I totally came up with the phrase "Tactful Douchebag".

I love you, Jayge."
I credit you fully.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By crunchUK
Lies said:
MB said:
"While the number of posts per day has decreased over the course of the last few weeks or so, the overall quality of topics has drastically increased. It's all part of the mods' evil plan to steer the forums in a more positive direction that promotes actual discussion instead of mindless chat.

Let's not turn this into another "Mods are nazis, bring back Bomb Squad" topic, please. That dead horse has been beaten well into pulp and has been rendered down into soap at this point. I'll end with that even though the frequency of posts has gone down, the feedback we've received from the community at large has been overwhelmingly positive...except for that small, vocal minority."
Oh boy, I bet that small vocal minority sure is a pain in your ass. What with their having opinions and all. Douchebags.

I thought that was DualReaver? You two are kinda similar, after all. DualReaver's just a bit more of a loose canon, whereas you are more controlled and precise.

Also Jolly, your flaming unicorn avatar was way cooler than the new one :(

Man, I wish the forums would pick up. Place is boring as hell unless you're in the IRC chat nowadays."
the what?
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Otacon
TheJollyRajah said:
"You know, I've given some thought on this, and I actually enjoy the fact that we are a smaller community. I know almost everyone here, and the place just seems to have more character because of that. Giant Bomb feels more family-like than Gamespot... in fact, more than any other big gaming website right now. Just feel privileged that you have the chance of being part of such a great website at such an early time, because we are the foundation of this site. We are the members who'll help this place grow in the future."
Well said!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By crunchUK

giantbomb is very quiet now

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Thrawn1
crunchUK said:
"giantbomb is very quiet now"
shh.....
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Rowr
Thrawn said:
"crunchUK said:
"giantbomb is very quiet now"
shh....."
zzzzz
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Nude_Dude

Well...now that is school, I have to be in the social group of real people other than random GB users...so do not expect me as often.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Verdugo

School keeps me from being on here more. As it's been said a couple thousand times already.

I need to check out this IRC...

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#96  Edited By demonbear

Does this means theres only students on this board usually?

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I post here at work.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SSbabel

Forums have died down a fair amount since the site's launch ans succeding days.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Karl_Boss

That activity has definitely dropped a couple of notches.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By Karmum
demonbear said:
"Does this means theres only students on this board usually?"
I'm pretty sure most of the people posting in Giant Bomb go to some kind of school.