Gunman Shoots Arizona Congresswoman.

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Gabriel

Among other victims shot, the Gabriella Giffords was shot point blank in the head. She was originally pronounced dead which was untrue, she is in stable condtion. However after reading the story things look grim. 

Sources:  
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-giffords-20110109,0,2644556.story  
 http://www.voanews.com/english/news/US-Lawmaker-Shot-in-Arizona-113135089.html 

" A U.S. congresswoman has been shot while holding a public event in her district in the southwestern state of Arizona. There are conflicting reports about fatalities in the shooting.

Local news reports said Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head Saturday, one of as many as 12 people wounded outside a grocery store in the city of Tucson.

National Public Radio quoted the Pima County Sheriff's Department as saying Congresswoman Giffords and five other people were killed in the shooting. However, Reuters quotes a hospital spokeswoman who said the congresswoman is alive and in surgery.

Members of Gifford's congressional staff also were reported to have been shot. 

Giffords had been holding an event for her constituents at the grocery store. Tucson is in southern Arizona, about 130 kilometers from the Mexican border."

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Slaker117

Holy shit. I wonder what will come of this.

Ok, that Palin flier is idiotic. I'm not blaming her, but if this turns out to be related, it looks really fucking bad. It's still the shooters fault, not hers, but damn is that going to hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I just know the media is just going to blame Rockstar's new video game "Shoot an Arizona Congress Woman in the Head at a Grocery Store Parking Lot 4: The Quickening

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Box3ru13
@bartok said:
" I just know the media is just going to blame Rockstar's new video game "Shoot an Arizona Congress Woman in the Head at a Grocery Store Parking Lot 4: The Quickening "
asshole, now there is orange juice all over my screen.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@Gap said:
" Only in America. "
Sadly.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FourWude

Mexican Al-Qaeda or Machete?

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainObvious

Was an Arizona ranger, wouldn't be too long in town...

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Meowshi
@PrimeSynergy said:
" @Gap said:
" Only in America. "
Sadly. "
Oh bull.  This is a paradise compared to some parts of the world.  Love to see you guys live in an African warzone and then talk about how America is so bad.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

No mention of anything to do with the shooter's identity seems odd.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FourWude
@HandsomeDead said:

" No mention of anything to do with the shooter's identity seems odd. "

You will only get news of the persons identity, where they come from, what beliefs they hold, who their friends are, what organizations they are affiliated with and what they ate for breakfast that morning minutes after the actual event ONLY when it's a planned false flag operation.

Standard operating procedure on crimes that are still being ascertained is to keep shut and make sure no leaks occur. It is criminal to divulge information to the press on ongoing cases. And it's also wrong for the press to leak information on said matters. Governments have the authority to silence the media in cases of national security.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EvilTwin
@HandsomeDead said:
No mention of anything to do with the shooter period.  Did they even capture him?
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

*looks at map, notices name* Wait, can't you be arrested for making threats on the Internet? Especially when you're doing it under the guise of protecting the country from people you don't agree with?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gabriel
@EvilTwin said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
No mention of anything to do with the shooter period.  Did they even capture him? "
Fox news is reporting he is in custody.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@Meowshi said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:
" @Gap said:
" Only in America. "
Sadly. "
Oh bull.  This is a paradise compared to some parts of the world.  Love to see you guys live in an African warzone and then talk about how America is so bad. "
This isn't a dick waving contest to see which country has the most dangerous living conditions. Besides you can't compare the U.S. to a region that has, for the most part, always been unstable. Of course it seems like a paradise in that light.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Gap said:
" Only in America. "
Yeah just like when Benazir Bhutto was assassinated in Pakistan.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Meowshi

Apparently Palin had some advertisements of her "gunning at rival Democrats" and this Senator was one of them.  She literally had a "gun" drawn on this Senator's location. 

I wonder how Fox News defends her after this. 

I seriously wonder.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FourWude
@blacklabeldomm said:

" @Gap said:

" Only in America. "
Yeah just like when Benazir Bhutto was assassinated in Pakistan. "
Indira Gandhi in India 1980's. Prime Minister assassinated in 1984.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Slaker117
@Meowshi:  True. Living in a country constantly in civil war would suck. But among other, first world, western nations, America has very high gun violence and murder. Not to say this couldn't happen in other, similar places either, I think it can, but an Africa comparison is missing the point.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

Fuck. And it begins. This won't be the last. Fear the fascists.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Meowshi
@Slaker117 said:
" @Meowshi:  True. Living in a country constantly in civil war would suck. But among other, first world, western nations, America has very high gun violence and murder. Not to say this couldn't happen in other, similar places either, I think it can, but an Africa comparison is missing the point. "
You're right.  I over-reacted, nevermind me.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Jimbo

So wait, she's alive again now?  Good job news agencies.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Dany
@A_Cute_Squirtle said:
" That flier is fucking ridiculous. I hope Palin pays for this.  "
that flier is not related to anything about this topic

I just read this on Yahoo, such tragic news. Glad to see that she is alive
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gabriel
@Slaker117 said:

" @Meowshi:  True. Living in a country constantly in civil war would suck. But among other, first world, western nations, America has very high gun violence and murder. Not to say this couldn't happen in other, similar places either, I think it can, but an Africa comparison is missing the point. "

It was a dumb point, that shit in Northern Ireland just recently resolved itself. America is no different from other countries when it comes to violence except maybe Japan.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Hamz

Perhaps it's about time the politicians rethink that "right to bear arms" bit in the constitution. 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25  Edited By damnboyadvance

I wonder if they'll change that poster to reflect this.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EvilTwin
@A_Cute_Squirtle said:

Posting that flier is just inflammatory bullshit.  OP should take it down.  It has nothing to do with this and neither does Sarah Palin.

@Hamz said:
" Perhaps it's about time the politicians rethink that "right to bear arms" bit in the constitution.  "

Over the NRA's dead body, and I mean that literally.  Amending that right could quite possibly be the closest America ever comes to another civil war.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By PufferFiz

Wow you people are fucking morons. Seriously people in gb should not discuss any thing news related.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ch13696

Ok, I'm not much of a political guy. So, can someone please fill me in on what that Palin flier means?

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29  Edited By nickux
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aus_azn
@Slaker117 said:
" Ok, that Palin flier is idiotic. I'm not blaming her, but if this turns out to be related, it looks really fucking bad. It's still the shooters fault, not hers, but damn is that going to hurt. "
This.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrKlorox
@Hamz said:
" Perhaps it's about time the politicians rethink that "right to bear arms" bit in the constitution.  "
Surely this will eventually be the 'true' topic of this thread, so I'll throw my two cents in now. That isn't going to solve a single thing. Crazy people will kill other people because third parties hint at it, no matter what weapons they have handy. The assailant was at point blank range. He could have stabbed her just as easily if he had a knife, with potentially worse damage done.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dany
@EvilTwin said:
" @A_Cute_Squirtle said:
Posting that flier is just inflammatory bullshit.  OP should take it down.  It has nothing to do with this and neither does Sarah Palin. "
Completely agree, its just inflaming the narrow minds of delusionalist.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Meowshi

Alright so apparently this congresswoman has had her office vandalized and been threatened before.   This was right after the Health Care Reform. 

On a slightly related note, Palin has removed her tweet of "Don't retreat, reload!" in reference to the Health Care Reform passing.  I think that was pretty big of her.  

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gabriel
@EvilTwin said:
" @A_Cute_Squirtle said:
Posting that flier is just inflammatory bullshit.  OP should take it down.  It has nothing to do with this and neither does Sarah Palin. "
Your probably right, thought it might give a clue about the idenity of the shooter. I'll take it down until more proof comes in. Last thing this needs is turn into a Sarah Palin hate thread.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EvilTwin
@MrKlorox:  Not really.  There will always be violence, but a crazy person with a knife is significantly less scary than a crazy person with a gun, and a crazy person with a gun is significantly less scary than a crazy person with a nuke, etc.

This guy wounded 12 people right?  How many do you think he could have gotten with a knife?  Maybe not even one.
6ZZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 6ZZA
@FourWude:  I'm guessing Machete
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ryanwho
@Gap said:
" Only in America. "
Yeah politically motivated shootings only happen in America. That is a profound and true statement, great contribution.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#38  Edited By Video_Game_King
@EvilTwin said:
" @A_Cute_Squirtle said:

Posting that flier is just inflammatory bullshit.  OP should take it down.  It has nothing to do with this and neither does Sarah Palin.
 "
Not really. After all, it does show her name on the flier, meaning the gunman was most likely part of that group or whatever.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrKlorox
@EvilTwin said:
" @MrKlorox:  Not really.  There will always be violence, but a crazy person with a knife is significantly less scary than a crazy person with a gun, and a crazy person with a gun is significantly less scary than a crazy person with a nuke, etc. This guy wounded 12 people right?  How many do you think he could have gotten with a knife?  Maybe not even one. "
Was it an attempted mass slaughter? Or was it a assassination attempt that 'ended' with time and ammo to spare? We don't know yet.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Slaker117
@Dany said:

" @EvilTwin said:

" @A_Cute_Squirtle said:
Completely agree, its just inflaming the narrow minds of delusionalist. "
I don't want to use this for cheap political shots, but the flier does seem relevant to me. I'm not going to pretend Palin is endorsing or even suggesting actual murder, but it certainly looks like a factor.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ryanwho
@Hamz said:
A random shooting= nanny state time. Clearly what works in Cuba, Japan, and the UK, 3 densely populated small islands, will work in the US. Great observation. Smart people itt.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Skytylz
@Meowshi: You're the biggest fucking idiot in the world if you think Palin had anything to do with this.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Meowshi

I'm sorry, but it's an interesting picture.  Especially in the context of what happened.  Is it necessarily related?  Of course not, but that doesn't mean it is somehow offensive to mention it.  

Avatar image for purple_proletarius
Purple_Proletarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christ, look what Giffords had said: 
 "They really need to realize that the rhetoric and firing people up, and, you know, even things for example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gunsight over our district. when people do that, you gotta realize there's consequences to that action."     

“When you represent a district — the home of the O.K. Corral and Tombstone, the town too tough to die, nothing’s a surprise,” she told a reporter later, showing a commendable ability to respond to any crisis by throwing in a plug for local tourist attractions. Rudy Ruiz, the father of one of Giffords’s college interns, saw the gun hit the floor. “It was an older gentleman, 65 or so. Basically, he was one of the ones holding up a banner saying ‘Don’t Tread on Me,’ ” said Ruiz. “He bent over, and it fell out of the holster is what it did. It bounced. That concerned me. I just thought what would happen if it had gone off? Could my daughter have gotten hurt?”     

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ryanwho
@Slaker117 said:

" @Dany said:

" @EvilTwin said:

" @A_Cute_Squirtle said:
Completely agree, its just inflaming the narrow minds of delusionalist. "
I don't want to use this for cheap political shots, but the flier does seem relevant to me. I'm not going to pretend Palin is endorsing or even suggesting actual murder, but it certainly looks like a factor. "
Where does self accountability come into play when it comes to clearly crazy people going on killing sprees? Are we pretending this person doesn't still eventually snap if this flier is never made? Fliers don't turn regular people into serial killers. The back of a cereal box could have set him off for all we know.
Purple_Proletarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Via MSNBC:   

"Jared Laughner, the man who shot Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), was described by eyewitnesses as a young white man who looked like a "fringe character."

Laughner shot Giffords and 12 others at a public event at a Safeway grocery store in Tucscon. He reportedly shot the congresswoman "point blank" in the head and may have come from inside the store. After shooting Giffords, he allegedly fired 20-30 rounds and hit "a number of people," including a child. He attempted to flee after running out of ammunition and was tackled by one of Giffords' staffers.

Eyewitnesses have described Laughner as "young, mid-to-late 20s, white, clean-shaven with short hair and wearing dark clothing."

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Dalai

I think I'll stay away from this topic while you guys flame the conspiracy theories and wild accusations. 

Let's hope for the best for Giffords and anybody else hurt in this tragedy.

Purple_Proletarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fortunately she is evidently alive. Unfortunately, a young child is not.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EvilTwin
@Video_Game_King:  The flier had nothing to do with shooting people that disagreed with Sarah Palin.  It was symbolic.  Plenty of other people agree with Sarah Palin who didn't shoot this Congresswoman.   

If gamers are going to defend video games as not causing people to shoot other people, then isn't it hypocritical to turn around and say that a political campaign poster was the cause of this shooting?
Avatar image for deactivated-63d17e8766caf
deactivated-63d17e8766caf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For some reason I read that as "Batman Shoots Arizona Congresswomen."