FunkyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

He was likely thinking, "Step 1: This will get views."

There aren't any steps after that.

(also, I think Legion_ actually has a point regarding how some people are talking about it)

The only step afterwards was the conductor's foot on his face.

This guy has been a total idiot, but hopefully he'll learn a lesson from this and we'll have one less stupid person in the world.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What are ya'll bitching about? This shit is great entertainment. I laugh my teeth out at all the 'fail' videos on Youtube, these dumb motherfuckers are great entertainers :D

Kudos to the dude who saved his head. But I wonder what he was doing on the outside front of a train? Was he pulling a Titanic pose?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By splodge

The psychological trauma that the drivers go through after an accident / suicide on the lines is awful. My mate's Dad has worked on the lines for decades, and he has told us stories before about train drivers who had serious issues for years after they hit someone. They are usually offered early retirement. The mess a train causes when it collides with someone is horrific. Usually the situation is suicide related, but every now and then it is some stupid little shit like the twerp in this video.

This happened not too long ago about a half hour away from where I live. A different situation, and undeniably tragic, but Jesus Christ people NEVER GO NEAR TRAIN TRACKS. NO MATTER WHAT!

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw said:

Too bad he's still in the gene pool. It's beyond stupid to do it on train tracks with earplugs in.

This is sounding oddly Nazi-ish.

I just think some people are better off not breeding, that's not a Nazi ideology but wishing every child to have intelligent parents.

S3V3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have kicked him in the nuts as well. Probably just out of reach.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By abendlaender

Funniest thing about the video to me is this:

For licensing/usage please contact:

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, its a video of a dumbass trying to get a "selfie" video of him standing right near a passing train only to have a conducter kick him in the head.

Its funny. Idiot guy gets kicked in the head.

It's not some big issue where we gotta think about the dudes feelings or something. Everyone is so serious. Just look at funny video and laugh. Yay!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By Video_Game_King

@trafalgarlaw said:

@video_game_king said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Too bad he's still in the gene pool. It's beyond stupid to do it on train tracks with earplugs in.

I just think some people are better off not breeding, that's not a Nazi ideology but wishing every child to have intelligent parents.

That's very close to Nazi ideology (or at least the dark side of eugenics). You're saying that stupid people shouldn't contaminate the gene pool with their inferior genes. You even use the word "gene pool" in your post!

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

Natural selection almost got him.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was probably a kick in the face to say "get away from the train tracks you idiot."

sirkibble2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if he kicked him to kick him, he deserved it.

Sadly, I don't think he got any more sense from it.

I'm hoping he's looking at comments and realizing the conductor saved his life 'cause you know he posted it thinking dude walloped him with his foot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took 4.54 billion years, but it's finally happened: Mankind has reached the maximum level of douchbaggery that can possibly be achieved by a living species.

What a complete fucking dickhead.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

too bad, he would have been a serious contender for a Darwin Award. And nothing of value would have been lost.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw said:

@video_game_king said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

That's very close to Nazi ideology (or at least the dark side of eugenics). You're saying that stupid people shouldn't contaminate the gene pool with their inferior genes. You even use the word "gene pool" in your post!

Yeah... this line of thought lead to the Eugenics movement where people deemed 'unworthy' had the chance of being sterilized against their will. It was mostly a racial thing from what I understand. The Nazi movement took ques from Eugenics Movement. Although I honestly doubt you were advocating the fucked up shit that either of these movements promoted.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw said:

@video_game_king said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Looks like you caught him. A real life Nazi!

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@trafalgarlaw said:

@video_game_king said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

There was a lighter side of eugenics?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@video_game_king said:

That's very close to Nazi ideology (or at least the dark side of eugenics).

There was a lighter side of eugenics?

Keeping legitimately harmful genetic diseases (E.G. sickle cell anemia) from becoming more prevalent? (The execution is where things go haywire, obviously.)

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

Shocked that so many people can echo a sentiment of "Kid shoulda died" with a straight face, disappointed in too many people to name in here.

I count two. Everyone else more or less saying it was an immensely stupid thing to do. Two.

toshi0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame:

How could I live with myself knowing that YOU are disappointed in me?

And he probably should have died doing it, because you can't really rely on conductors kicking you in the head to try to save your life.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@video_game_king said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@video_game_king said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Yeah... this line of thought lead to the Eugenics movement where people deemed 'unworthy' had the chance of being sterilized against their will. It was mostly a racial thing from what I understand. The Nazi movement took ques from Eugenics Movement. Although I honestly doubt you were advocating the fucked up shit that either of these movements promoted.

I do not take kind of being labeled a nazi and I'm not advocating anything they did. Genes for intelligence are not found yet but statistically speaking, there is evidence of smart breeders having higher chance on smart offspring. There probably are intelligence genes we haven't found yet or at least there is a genetic component to it. While anyone has the right to have children, you'd be surprised how indepth assisted reproductive medicine goes into assessing whether each child that is conceived has two able parents, a healthy financial income of the household and also a parenthood test comes into play. It's not even eugenics, but I'm called a nazi?

I wouldn't entrust this child a teddy bear.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you tut-tutting there's maybe two comments wishing this kid would have won the Darwin award. Most people are calling him a dumb-ass, and rightly so.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw: Go look at the recent studies regarding child development. It's nature AND nurture that decides who is smart and who isn't. And the idea of taking inferior genes out of the gene pool is the Eugentics movement in a nutshell. All me and @video_game_king did was point out how similar the trains of thoughts are, not call you a nazi

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

@legion_ said:

Shit guys, calm down. I don't if you realize it, but you're doing the exact thing that a video on the front page of this site is putting a spotlight on.

Yeah sure it was stupid, but you're way out of line claiming he should have been killed or never born in the first place. Seriously, grow up children.

He's probably read a thousand comments about how he's a fucking idiot, still you just join the mob with your torches and pitchforks. For shame.

What in the world are you going on about? The worst these comments are really getting is that he deserved a kick in the head for doing something stupid. Which he kind of did. Seems like you are kind of picking at a straw that isn't really there.

"Too bad he's still in the gene pool"

"Unfortunately he will breed and produce children with limited brain functionality like him"

"Some people just make you so angry they exist based on a 10 second first impression"

"I just think some people are better off not breeding"

"Too bad, he would have been a serious contender for a Darwin Award. And nothing of value would have been lost"

Can't say I like the tone or the content of those comments.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@yummylee said:

Have no fear, for we have Top Trains for such individuals.

No Caption Provided

LOL! he gave that two piece.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Is it wrong that I'd rather the conductor just kicked this idiot in the head to teach him a lesson than trying to save his life?

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

@zolroyce said:

@legion_ said:

Shit guys, calm down. I don't if you realize it, but you're doing the exact thing that a video on the front page of this site is putting a spotlight on.

Yeah sure it was stupid, but you're way out of line claiming he should have been killed or never born in the first place. Seriously, grow up children.

He's probably read a thousand comments about how he's a fucking idiot, still you just join the mob with your torches and pitchforks. For shame.

What in the world are you going on about? The worst these comments are really getting is that he deserved a kick in the head for doing something stupid. Which he kind of did. Seems like you are kind of picking at a straw that isn't really there.

"Too bad he's still in the gene pool"

"Unfortunately he will breed and produce children with limited brain functionality like him"

"Some people just make you so angry they exist based on a 10 second first impression"

"I just think some people are better off not breeding"

"Too bad, he would have been a serious contender for a Darwin Award. And nothing of value would have been lost"

Can't say I like the tone or the content of those comments.

I find the severity of a couple of those debatable, but fair enough. I still think the majority of the comments have been pretty civil about the whole thing though.
As civil as "he deserved a kick to head" can get anyways. I will say though I am glad he didn't die, he did do something extremely idiotic, on more then one level. But here and there we all do something pretty dumb, so hopefully he can take what happened to him and in a few years from now look back on it as "Oh man, I did something so utterly stupid this one time, thank god I don't do stupid crap like that anymore."

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#78  Edited By XenoNick

A) Video Selfies are a thing?

B) Dumbass is dumb.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whether or not the conductor saved his life from that potential protruding object. If you're so close to a moving train that someone inside can kick you in the head, then you're too close to the damned train... That kick in the head was completely justified.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy was being dumb, but I don't really buy the argument that the conductor was doing it to save his life, or at least not specifically because he envisioned the protruding bit of metal hitting his head. I reason thusly:

The metal does not in fact protrude that far, or look like it would have caught the guys head, really. although the conductors leg is in front of it, his foot is further out than the metal. But my main issue is that I just don't think the driver was looking at it and thinking "this kid is going to get hit by the handle of that ladder!"

I don't really think that people who describe that bit of metal as a decapitation risk are correct: It doesn't look very sharp, although I accept it would be more of a risk than a guy's leg because of hardness. My intuitive reaction is that if the train was moving fast enough for that bit of metal to decapitate him, then it was moving fast enough for the conductors fuck off massive boot to represent a serious blunt force trauma risk.

But the biggest issue I have with saying that the conductor probably saved the kid's life is that with the way his boot hooks around the kid's head, and the way the kid bounces around afterwards, that seems to me to increase the risk that the kid is going to get knocked over and dragged under the train.

So I guess I don't have a problem believing that the conductor might have been trying to save the kid's life by trying to make sure he didn't do dumb things anymore, or even that he wanted to kick him away from the train, but if he did he might have miscalculated.

Of course it doesn't really matter. I only really made the post because no one had made any of these points I suppose. Maybe I'm way out.

fustacluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOOOHLOOONG JOOHNSOON!!!!

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The guy was being dumb, but I don't really buy the argument that the conductor was doing it to save his life, or at least not specifically because he envisioned the protruding bit of metal hitting his head. I reason thusly:

The metal does not in fact protrude that far, or look like it would have caught the guys head, really. although the conductors leg is in front of it, his foot is further out than the metal. But my main issue is that I just don't think the driver was looking at it and thinking "this kid is going to get hit by the handle of that ladder!"

I don't really think that people who describe that bit of metal as a decapitation risk are correct: It doesn't look very sharp, although I accept it would be more of a risk than a guy's leg because of hardness. My intuitive reaction is that if the train was moving fast enough for that bit of metal to decapitate him, then it was moving fast enough for the conductors fuck off massive boot to represent a serious blunt force trauma risk.

But the biggest issue I have with saying that the conductor probably saved the kid's life is that with the way his boot hooks around the kid's head, and the way the kid bounces around afterwards, that seems to me to increase the risk that the kid is going to get knocked over and dragged under the train.

So I guess I don't have a problem believing that the conductor might have been trying to save the kid's life by trying to make sure he didn't do dumb things anymore, or even that he wanted to kick him away from the train, but if he did he might have miscalculated.

Of course it doesn't really matter. I only really made the post because no one had made any of these points I suppose. Maybe I'm way out.

It might not have been sharp enough to decapitate him, but it likely would have caused serious bleeding if it had hit him. And the conductor's boots are probably steel-toed, so hooking the boot around his head would have been less painful than the impact of the steel plate on his temple or something.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomasnash: I think that even a blunt steel object at that speed would have the potential of if not killing the dude, at least seriously harm him. So a kick in the head is far less risky.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: I'm not going to argue that the steel thing didn't have the potential to do serious harm, I'm just saying that I don't think that the potential is particularly decreased by the same amount of force being applied by a boot - and that's without thinking about the other risks I talked about. Incidentally, I don't quite get why his boots being steel-toed would represent a less risky scenario here. I have a pair of steel toed boots and they are pretty bloody heavy.

But I think focusing on whether his boot-to-face strategy was a sensible attempt at minimising risk is a red herring. I don't think from the angle the driver is at, with the time available, he is lining up the head with a steel handle on the side of the train and saying "omg they line up perfectly!" It just seems like an after the fact rationalisation by people cheering him on so that when people said maybe kicking a guy in the head, no matter how much of an idiot he was, wasn't necessarily an awesome thing to do, people can say "well he probably maybe saved that kids life so what do you think of that!"

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#85  Edited By audioBusting

Finally found some sort of confirmation on this, some cable TV show people tracked the guy down and did a Skype interview which you can partly see here. Sounds like a genuine stupid mistake on his part, and he was surprisingly pretty cool about it. That perfect gentle kick makes me wonder if the conductor's done this before.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thomasnash: Sorry, I meant that hooking the boot around his head (so that the majority of the impact would occur on the softer side of the boot) would have been less painful than kicking him with the steel toe straight on. I think I made it sound like the steel toed boot would be softer than the steel on the train. Of course, it's not like he had time to calculate that and line up his shot accordingly. I was just hypothesizing.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why people care if the conductor saved his life or not. If I was a conductor and saw someone standing on a fucking track I'd kick them too, even if it's just to shake them up and knock a lesson into them.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drekly: Hell If I saw someone standing on the train tracks in the middle of nowhere I would be tempted to give them a good kick. Trains creep up on you. Even if there is no train in sight when you are crossing / hanging around on the tracks, one can arrive in a matter of seconds.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.. what I want to know is:

If people take pictures of themselves, do they also film it with their phones? Do they later extract framegrabs and use those as selfies?

Because that would be kinda stupid... so I guess that whole thing looks a little planned to me.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

@trafalgarlaw said:

Genes for intelligence are not found yet but statistically speaking, there is evidence of smart breeders having higher chance on smart offspring. There probably are intelligence genes we haven't found yet or at least there is a genetic component to it. While anyone has the right to have children, you'd be surprised how indepth assisted reproductive medicine goes into assessing whether each child that is conceived has two able parents, a healthy financial income of the household and also a parenthood test comes into play. It's not even eugenics, but I'm called a nazi?

I wouldn't entrust this child a teddy bear.

Loading Video...

Awful.

PS: All other comments about this moronic narcissist seem pretty fair game. He deserved a swift kick in the head because he's lucky it wasn't anything more serious.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lun49gameon: Strangest thing I have seen all week... Kind of feel like its fake. If real yes the conductor's foot if thats who's foot it was probably saved his live. Just wow.