• 63 results
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By hicks91

we can model what the universe was like i think upto several minutes before its creation? something of that order 
any earlier and our calculations break down however we have very good idea of what happened based on data and proofs 
people who say "never" clearly have unscientific minds and should shut the heck up about things they cant bring themselves to comprehend 

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By scarace360

Awww come on hes smarter than all these people let him say what he wants.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By CowMuffins
@DoctorWelch: It's news because he has a book coming out next week.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#54  Edited By Jazz
@natetodamax said:
" I feel that humanity as a whole should focus on the present time and the future. The past is the past. How we got here is irrelevant. What matters is where we're heading. "
History has a funny way of repeating itself.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By DoctorWelch
@CowMuffins: I know, I'm saying the article is trying to stir up controversy when their really isnt any controversy there, is all. It's one thing to talk about the book, and its another to just point out one little part for the sake of rousing people into conflict.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By DoctorWelch
@tunaburn said: 
actually scientists and i personally agree that there has to be life on another planet somehwere. there are an infinite number of them. how could no other planet have any life anywhere? ohhhh... thats right, god made us and of course god doesnt have any toys on any other planet anywhere else. i mean why would he right? hes busy with this one of course. "
Yeah, but my point is, even if there are aliens, we have no definitive proof. I actually think there is, or was, most likely life on other planets, but we still have no way of truly knowing is all. People get too offended and shit when anyone says anything that they think might attack what they believe. Then stupid websites, newspapers, or magazines, decide to only talk about one part of a brilliant scientists new book simply to attract more attention to their publication by stirring up controversy.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Stephen Hawking leads the race over Einstein,Newton,and Franklin.Here we go,hes almost at the finish line,210 IQ....Oh wait,whats this,he makes a false claim and falls down into last place.Falls down to 50 IQ!!!Einstein wins the race. 

Thats my view.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Diamond
@lazyturtle said:
@Axxol: Just to point out, but really Big Bang theory only seeks to explain the universe as it is right now. It does not attempt to describe how the exploding singularity came to be. So even if somehow we could prove the Big Bang happened, the next question would be: Where did all the stuff that exploded come from? Beginings and endings are in the eye of the beholder. Did the universe begin with the big bang? What was there before god created the heavens and earth? Etc.
Hawking's point is that the 'stuff' came from nowhere.  Energy didn't even need to be created because there are balancing negative forces in our universe (gravity can be).

I don't understand all of it, but Hawking's point really is 'Existence = non existence' in physics terms.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#59  Edited By Sin4profit
@Claude:  I got my own issues with orginized anythings, but it's people who confuse faith / belief for, or with,  fact / truth that are ultimately a problem. You can get that outside of organized religion as well.  There was a time when the Earth was factually flat to a lot of scientists, after all.
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By fattony12000
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" I keep forgetting that Hawkings was british. "
QOTW 

'Hawkings" and "british", Laughing Out Of My Mouth With Air Expelled From My Lungs! Good work, good work.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By armaan8014

Let's just play games shall we?

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Meowshi
@MetalGearGeorge said:
" @EdIsCool: Well IMO religions should be banned from modern societies
There have actually been several modern societies that have banned religion, and they were all terribly nasty places.  Freedom of belief isn't something that should be thrown away just because you don't agree with what other people choose to have faith in.  Compare something like Soviet Russia (which had the state FORCE atheism on the people) to modern societies where atheism has become the prevailing belief simply by choice.  Really, suggesting that any sort of thought should be banned, will simply lead to a backwards and f'd up society.  Any rational person would agree. 

r

re
Rre
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hicks91
@Diamond: it "happens" all the time if the heisenberg uncertainty principle is to be believed 
physics is craaaaazy