How do you like your 'everyday' coffee - not special occasions- your go to coffee

• 123 results
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Edited By monkeyking1969

Poll How do you like your 'everyday' coffee - not special occasions- your go to coffee (567 votes)

Drip methods 35%
Espresso methods 10%
French Press methods 14%
Moka Pot methods...nobody actually does this 3%
Percolator ...I'm so old I like it sludgy & burning hot 3%
....I like it served black 45%
....Some cream only 10%
..some sugar/sweetener only 5%
...cream & sugar like Flo the waitress gives ya (Dunkin Donuts/Tim Horton) 8%
...cream and a lot of sugar 1%
...I like artificial creamer 3%
...with some perk-me-up (i.e. booze - Bourbon, Whiskey, Rum, Bailey's, Sambuca, Kahlúa, Brandy, etc) 1%
...various aerated-foams for Cappuccinos and Latte 4%
Octane - Blond 1%
Octane - Light 3%
Octane - Medium 10%
Octane - Dark/Robust 10%
Octane - Turkish, Greek, etc 1%
Octane - Navy coffee...ist is good for stripping paint & removing rust from the hull 1%
I drink tea or hot chocolate....but that's another poll 13%
I want to see people's answers 11%

So, this is a big poll, please but choose from all the categories that apply to how you make/buy your cuppa joe.

• 
j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By j_unit2008

@bmccann42: @kcin:

Thanks for the tips duders! I'll definitely be checking those out. :)

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Whoever suggested the Aldi German Roast, thanks. Got some yesterday and made a pot this morning. Good stuff

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Just put a cup of coffee in front of me and I'll drink it. I've got a couple of french presses, a Chemex, different percolators and a keurig thingy. It's whatever my hand touches first in the morning.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@catarrhal said:

This poll should have had an option that said "black as midnight on a moonless night."

"black as night, sweet as sin"

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cheap, drip Folgers, Maxwell House or whatever is else is on sale for a giant tub. I drink straight black with nothing in it and usually down a 6 cup pot before work. I don't drink it for the taste. As long as it's hot and has caffeine I'll be good. That being said, I do enjoy "good" coffee, I just don't need it.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Always bet on black.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How to make coffee...

Loading Video...
bertrecht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use a French Press for two parts environmental reasons and one part hipster reasons. And always black, unless I've got like a shot worth of milk left in the fridge; I'll dump that in so it doesn't go to waste.

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the UK and I like to put actual cream (usually Double cream) in my coffee. I like the fat. I need the fat. I have a low-carb diet. Fat sustains me. It...feeds me.

If I'm hitting up Starbucks or somewhere like that, I usually get a massive Cappuccino.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use a Keurig at home, but I have ground tired of it. They are convenient and fast, but they cost a lot for what little coffee you can make.

I have a very cheap french press, but the cleaning is a chore. But now I am thinking of a Kalita Wave Series 500. A pour over system where I can toss the filter and grounds into a mulch pile.

Jetlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The poll seems to confuse the strength of coffee with the roast. The secret best coffee is cold brew.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have a Tasimmo machine at work that uses single serving tabs. I usually allow myself one of those (Americano) in the morning since it has caffeine, but it only half fills my mug so I'll press the extra water button which I think just draws out the remaining ingredients from the tab.

After that it's decaff instant coffee for the day, low strength i.e. not much coffee granules in there. If I feel sleepy, sometimes after eating maybe, maybe a single caffeinated instant coffee. I very rarely have caffeine after 2pm, I'm not sure it can be good for my sleeping pattern if I'm not used to it.

There was a filter coffee machine at home, but it was too much hassle and I rarely have any coffee at the weekend now.

Zace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a little guy and generally either have a long black (Americano) or an iced latte depending on the weather

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't drink coffee. I don't need it and I don't want to be someone who needs it.

NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kurig Donut Shop Black

InfamousOnager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By InfamousOnager

In the winter: black medium roast brewed in a press

In the summer: Cold brewed black coffee is incredibly refreshing, Especially if I throw in some orange rind while its sitting overnight

Greys0nG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am not a fan of coffee but i love how it smells

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moka pot, every morning and afternoon. I grew up on it and love the taste. I always use medium roasted coffee, as dark often comes out quite acidic. But that's just my taste.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

French press. Simple and clean!

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot, strong and black as the sin.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm not a coffee guy. But sometimes you want a kick in the head when pulling an all-nighter for reasons. If I'm out & about, I'd get an espresso, if I'm at home I'll just use the shitty instant coffee that's in the cupboard, and I'd add some regular semi-skimmed milk.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I find it weird that milk isn't on this list, it's waaay more common than cream here.

Regardless, I go black coffee with nothing in it. I prefer it a little stronger rather than too weak, but I tend to hover around average.

I almost always drink instant (again, surprised it wasn't on the list - but then I guess kettles aren't as common in the US so probably instant coffee isn't as big a thing as it is over here). I'll totally take a drip coffee or even a (well made) percolator if it's on offer, but making one for myself in the morning that isn't as practical. Medium strength or dark roast is fine.

@mikemcn said:

I don't believe most people actually like "black coffee" more.

It's like people who say "Oh I only drink my vodka/rum/tequila straight." You might like people to think you do, but we all know that if you mixed it with something you'd have a much more enjoyable experience in the long term, it's just too harsh otherwise. Maybe I'm crazy.

I think you're just assuming everyone has the same taste. I like coffee with milk in sometimes too, but I also really like it black (especially in the mornings, or after a meal). I like bitter tastes more in general; I drink Gin & Tonic a lot (where the gin is actually there to sweeten the mixer, if anything). I'd have more trouble drinking much of something sweet... speaking more to certain vodka/rum cocktails and mixes than coffee with milk there; but, for example, I really don't truck with regular Coke outside of a tiny glass if I really need a pick-me-up and it's what's available, way too sticky and sweet for my tastes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I have a pour-over style drop machine with always fresh roasted coffee. Grind myself. I use a little sigar and a little cream, sometimes I go black.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By Calitar

I used to drink about a pot and a half of coffee a day but over the course of December/January I managed to slowly ween down until I had completely quit. I quit because I was no longer really enjoying it and only drank it because of addiction. Now caffeine in general is a special occasion thing for me.

With that said I used to make it drip method and drank it black. I also usually got light roasts since the darker stuff often upset my stomach.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually cream and sugar.

I don't drink coffee at home. K-cups cost too much. I live alone, I am not making a whole pot so I can drink one cup.

K-cups at work, because thats what work gives me for free

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I want to drink my coffee as fast as possible so I can wake the fuck up, so it's a microwaved cup of three small scoops of instant Folgers with hazelnut creamer for me. I'm a trash person.