Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Giantkitty

I haven't gone in a while, I'm bad.

Could a mod please, please, please move this thread under the dentist concept?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

The last time I visited a dentist, I had all of my teeth removed. Yep, I didn't listen to the guy when I was young, and my teeth suffered for my stupidity and laziness. Now, I have dentures. At least I can smile again without scaring people...

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#54  Edited By citizenkane

Every 6 months.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By suneku

The standard every 6 months.

nirv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By nirv

Michael Pollen talks about dental health related to the industrialization of food in the past 60 years and how it relates to tooth decay in his book "In Defense of Food". Now, I never had good hygiene until I was about 22 in 2001. Here's what I do now and suggest to others:

1. Rinse mouth with water.
2. Use a Phillips Sonic Care electric toothbrush with Crest Pro Health (day and night, two different tubes) toothpaste.
3. When the auto timer on the electric toothbrush runs out, I turn it on again for about another minute to brush really thoroughly.
4. Rinse with water.
5. Floss very well, deep in both left and right sides of each tooth into your gums. I used to bleed when I did this, but the dentist told me you're not supposed to bleed with healthy gums so I started to just push harder and deal with it and now I no longer bleed and my gums are healthy again!
6. Rinse for 1 minute with Listerine, then rinse with water and then take a few swigs and that's it!

Sounds like a lot, but really, it's one of the best ways I've found to do it and I haven't had a cavity in a long time and you really shouldn't unless you do stupid crap like drink soda or eat anything and then go right to sleep without brushing and allow the junk food to pawn your teeth.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Kohe321
nirv said:
"Michael Pollen talks about dental health related to the industrialization of food in the past 60 years and how it relates to tooth decay in his book "In Defense of Food". Now, I never had good hygiene until I was about 22 in 2001. Here's what I do now and suggest to others:

1. Rinse mouth with water.
2. Use a Phillips Sonic Care electric toothbrush with Crest Pro Health (day and night, two different tubes) toothpaste.
3. When the auto timer on the electric toothbrush runs out, I turn it on again for about another minute to brush really thoroughly.
4. Rinse with water.
5. Floss very well, deep in both left and right sides of each tooth into your gums. I used to bleed when I did this, but the dentist told me you're not supposed to bleed with healthy gums so I started to just push harder and deal with it and now I no longer bleed and my gums are healthy again!
6. Rinse for 1 minute with Listerine, then rinse with water and then take a few swigs and that's it!

Sounds like a lot, but really, it's one of the best ways I've found to do it and I haven't had a cavity in a long time and you really shouldn't unless you do stupid crap like drink soda or eat anything and then go right to sleep without brushing and allow the junk food to pawn your teeth."
I am sure that keeps your teeth from getting any holes, but damn that sounds like OCD :P
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Nude_Dude
nirv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By nirv

No, really dude. I have no obsessions. I'll admit it's slightly more than the standard procedure, but if you were to just go into the bathroom, put toothpaste on your brush and brush for your average of 1 minute and then go to sleep, it isn't enough.
No one suggested, for example, that rinsing before I start brushing is necessary. I just do it because I think like this: Imagine you just ate a bag full of Skittles candy or something with sugar in it, and then you immediately apply toothpaste -- I don't have any evidence, but I get the feeling that the sugar among the other ingredients is aciding up the toothpaste and is probably unhealthy.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Kohe321

Yeah I meant no offence :) I am just to lazy to do that much. I brush for 1 minute and sometimes floss.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By atejas

Twice a year. Always cleans out my teeth and sometimes fills.

India.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Once every six months unless I completely forget. The longest I've gone without is a year.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Pibo47

2-3 times a year. America.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By Meowayne

Germany. For insurance systems in germany, see this: http://www.howtogermany.com/pages/insurance.html

I can go see a dentist whenever I want to. I know I should go every six months, but I don't. I have been recently because of my wisdom teeth, but before that, I haven't been to a dentist for 3 or 4 years. Yes, I consider my teeth to be in pretty bad shape. No, this is not representative of the country: Everyone has at least basic dental care/insurance, and parents make  sure their kids see dentists regularly.

Too bad I don't live with my parents anymore. : P

Whight_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Whight_Knight
Lemegeton said:
"Dentists are sick twisted individuals and i have only been once since i was a kid and that was because i broke a tooth. I gather its tolerable in the U.S. cos they use Nitrous Oxide and stuff to numb you and generally have better equipment to make the experience less horrible. But over in Ireland they use shity local anasethetics that do jack shit for the pain, they numb your mouth, but you still feel every little thing they are doing. Plus the dentists i went to were extremely rough and didnt give a shit if they were hurting you.
If you saw Steve Martin in the "Little shop of Horrors" you get an idea of what dentists in this Country are like.

Never going again unless i have no choice
"
Yeah, the anasthetics are shit here in Ireland.Dont do anything for you.They leave a scummy taste too I think ... and the last dentist I went to, she was a miserable cunt.
WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By WickedCobra03

I go every 6 months.  US/Canada.

gersan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By gersan93

Every six months, living in the US.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TwoOneFive

i have no dental insurance right now so uh, yeah its been about a year

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By Simsfreak14

About 3-5 times a month, I always wanna get perfect teeth!

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By 10MP

about every 4-5 years

i live in canada and have no health insurance

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Gizmo

I go every MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By FesteringNeon
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Player1 said:
"Please stop spamming the board with stupid stuff like this? 
Do you really care how often people go to the dentist? No.
"
Calm down shit teeth, this thread is blowing your mind."
The person sensitive to the subject needs a hug. As his mentor, I will offer two forms of care : Wearing a thong does not count as flossing. Your inner demon, is not an anal cavity.