• 55 results
beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By beeftothetaco

Don't bother wasting your time worrying about the "inevitable" and enjoy life?

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By beeftothetaco

@AZ123: I really hope you are trolling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

We have enough resources to cater towards two Earths. The powers of the world just want it all for themselves and less for everyone else, that's all.

periodic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By periodic

@Harkat said:

Hello,

I have been doing some reading on issues like overpopulation and climate change recently and I'm pretty convinced we are totally and completely fucked. There is no way we will be able to react on the scale necessary in time to alter our ways. Things will keep getting worse and worse, I think the world will spiral into economic hell, overpopulation will strain our resources and various other factors will lead to the deterioration of democracy and the first world society. I'm sure several people reading this will have similar views on the future

The notion of "overpopulation" is very silly, population density in the world is generally very low. Also, the world has been in "economic hell" (a really hyperbolic term) forever, there are ongoing campaigns of genocide, massive poverty, famines etc. In fact, most of these things are currently of a smaller scale than at any other point in human history. There has never been a more secure, safe time to be a human, on balance. Doomsaying doesn't really serve much purpose.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By MikeinSC

@beeftothetaco said:

@AZ123: I really hope you are trolling.

Everything he said was accurate. Overpopulation is a myth. The entire world could reside in Texas and the population density would be roughly equal to NYC's density. This would leave the rest of the world completely EMPTY --- so, no, living space isn't a problem at all.

http://www.simplyshrug.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:the-overpopulation-myth&catid=31:general&Itemid=50

And climate change is the history of mankind and the recent obsession over it being caused by man is being killed off, nicely, by the Climategate emails. They've already shown that if you plug ANY numbers in Dr. Mann's model --- you get a hockey stick. It is literally impossible to avoid it.

Max_Hydrogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Max_Hydrogen

Doomsday is a fundamental human trait. In 999 people were panicked that the world would come to an end because of the new millennium... A thousand years later... Y2K. The human race will always exist. I'm not saying there won't be catastrophic events (those have always been going on) but there will be no apocalypse. Technology will always provide methods with which to cope.

The human race has survived (and some would say even thrived) through natural disasters, disease, economic failure, war, the threat of nuclear conflict, oppression etc. etc. People aren't going anywhere (necessarily a good thing?). Many doomsday cults have been ridiculed because they were wrong.

There will be no doomsday.