Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nukacherry

I LIEK PHOTOSHOP

Hello, this is Nukacherry.

I've been experimenting with Photoshop recently and I think I'm getting better! I made 4 icons for my YouTube channel. Tell me what you think is the best? These are in chronological order. I made all of these myself with no assistance.

Fallout-Inspired Attempt 1

Aged Attempt 2

Hitman Absolution-inspired Attempt 3

Floating Attempt 4

-Nukacherry-

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 1momosauky

last one seems nice, second last looks exactly like the dragon age font.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Try to post higher-res because it's hard to tell with little thumbnails.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShaggE

I TOO LIEK PHOTOSHAP LETS POHTOSHOP TIHNGS TOGETTER!

Really, though, I'd say the first one, if only because I'm a sucker for blue text on black.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I really like the last one. First ones cool too.
Also if you have photoshop skills, you better get your butt in the staff photoshop thread and make some magic. It's a Giant Bomb institution.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the first and last one a lot, but the last one slightly edges out the first for me.

deathstroke75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By deathstroke75

i think they are all winners. i think the last one has a nice clean tight look to it. looks like it belongs on a old 50's classic car. the first two also look very nice. maybe make the battery the light source or something on the first one? just spitballin' an idea. nice battery logo and the blue is a nice hue. the aged one has a prominent brush mark...didn't know if that was by design or not. if it is, it is very subtle and blends well, if not...just age it out to match up. check the text reflection on the word "cherry" on the last one, needs to be flipped to match up...or didn't know if that was by design. and the third, the text is clean and easy to read, that is something you want to make sure you get across on all your logos. once shrunk down you can lose some of that recognition.

all of these look great, you have a nice eye. keep up the good work.

as someone else said, check out the photoshop staff thread for some fun stuff. also take a look at the TNT promo images thread, a nice way to work on those photoshop skills and promote the GB site as well.

Nukacherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nukacherry

@deathstroke75 said:

i think they are all winners. i think the last one has a nice clean tight look to it. looks like it belongs on a old 50's classic car. the first two also look very nice. maybe make the battery the light source or something on the first one? just spitballin' an idea. nice battery logo and the blue is a nice hue. the aged one has a prominent brush mark...didn't know if that was by design or not. if it is, it is very subtle and blends well, if not...just age it out to match up. check the text reflection on the word "cherry" on the last one, needs to be flipped to match up...or didn't know if that was by design. and the third, the text is clean and easy to read, that is something you want to make sure you get across on all your logos. once shrunk down you can lose some of that recognition.

all of these look great, you have a nice eye. keep up the good work.

Thanks for your reply. I totally didn't notice that on the reflection on 4th photo, wouldn't have noticed!! :/ And yeah on the 2nd I was kinda just messing around with brushes and I thought it looked cool as is, so yes it is part of the design. :) I am, like most people it seems, a fan of the 4th one more than the others, and it did take me the longest time to complete. Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll fix that reflection now!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

@wewantsthering said:

Try to post higher-res because it's hard to tell with little thumbnails.

Ah, but you have exposed the pitfalls of Photoshop. And the reason why Illustrator is so much better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dagbiker: Each program has their own unique benefits. His small thumbnails isn't a restriction of PS. He could simply export at a higher resolution. Even when you export from AI (jpg, png, etc), there is a hard set res.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

@wewantsthering said:

@Dagbiker: Each program has their own unique benefits. His small thumbnails isn't a restriction of PS. He could simply export at a higher resolution. Even when you export from AI (jpg, png, etc), there is a hard set res.

Right, but in AI if I want to make the image larger I just drag to how big I want it, I can make a logo 3 inches tall and then scale it to 42 inches tall when I need it that size. In photoshop if I make a project 3inches tall, i cant make it 42 inches tall with out degrading the image.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dagbiker said:

@wewantsthering said:

Right, but in AI if I want to make the image larger I just drag to how big I want it, I can make a logo 3 inches tall and then scale it to 42 inches tall when I need it that size. In photoshop if I make a project 3inches tall, i cant make it 42 inches tall with out degrading the image.

That doesn't always work for me in AI because some objects won't scale properly, but I know what you mean. I prefer Photoshop for what I do because I'm not an illustrator. I'm working with someone on a webcomic (I'm writing) and she obviously uses AI, but it's not for me. :-)

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dagbiker

@wewantsthering said:

@Dagbiker said:

@wewantsthering said:

That doesn't always work for me in AI because some objects won't scale properly, but I know what you mean. I prefer Photoshop for what I do because I'm not an illustrator. I'm working with someone on a webcomic (I'm writing) and she obviously uses AI, but it's not for me. :-)

I make signs and logos, for a living, and while I rarely have to use Photoshop, I do know how, and we work in vector a lot, so AI is the obvous choice. I do under stand that you need the right tool for the right job, though.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Zleunamme

The one I like the most the second one. Logos should be designed in Illustrator as a vector graphic. Vector images can be easily re-sized and have clean lines. The problem with raster images is they pixelate or blur more when enlarged. I hope this helps you and good luck.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

some cool stuff there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I dig the second the last one. Simplicity is true beauty sometimes. I know I'm up too late when I start typing stuff like that.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By williamhenry

@Dagbiker said:

@wewantsthering said:

Photoshop has vector capabilities, so thats not totally true. You could design something in PS with the pen tool and resize it to any size you want.

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Taborlin

Fourth is really nice. :) I like the first one, too, but it feels too simple compared to that last one.