I see your overrated games, but what are some UNDERRATED gems?

• 124 results
glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By glyn

@Irvandus said:

1. The first two Penny Arcade Games
  2. LA Noire
  3. Sam and Max (Season 3)
  4. FF9
  5. FF9
  6. FF9 (FF 9 is really great)
  7. Wind Waker (If you don't like Wind Waker and refused to even try it, then I don't like you. As Mooroka would say, you're on my shit list.)
  8. Viva Pinata
  9. WoW in terms of the crazy things they are doing with MMO questing
  10. DA 2, it wasn't that bad. Like it was bad, but not nearly as bad as people were making it out to be. I would say 7/10. DLC was shit though.
  11. DDO (Best Free to play mmo, fight me about it.)
  12. Lord of The Rings: The Third Age (Turn based jrpg style Lotr game.)
  13. Fire Emblem
  14. Disgae
  15. All tile-turn based rpgs, man I love this genre and want it to expand,

I'd say DA:2 was as bad if not worse than what people think.

Can't believe they released it.

Although the combat mechanics were alright.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#102  Edited By Daneian
  • Ace Attorney
  • Condemned 2
  • Ghost Trick
  • Syndicate
  • Witcher 2
JOSHardson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By JOSHardson

Off the top of my head I think of Mirror's Edge. I loved that game and all the new things it tried. It was mostly overlooked, however.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By DeF

@JOSHardson said:

Off the top of my head I think of Mirror's Edge. I loved that game and all the new things it tried. It was mostly overlooked, however.

totally agree!

what annoys me to hell is that so many people complained that the shooting in the game sucks (which it does) but completely ignored the fact that you never had to fire a gun once during the entire game and were even rewarded for it with an achievement/trophy.

JOSHardson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By JOSHardson

@DeF said:

@JOSHardson said:

totally agree!

what annoys me to hell is that so many people complained that the shooting in the game sucks (which it does) but completely ignored the fact that you never had to fire a gun once during the entire game and were even rewarded for it with an achievement/trophy.

Yeah, I never once fired a gun. It was so much fun being an f'n ninja that I had no desire to.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Vade

Arcana Heart 3!

The artstyle and characters make it a tough sell but it has one of the best mechanics in fighting games. I'd put it right after KOF13 for best fighting game in recent years.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Skies of Arcadia, Alpha Protocol, Viva Pinata, Nuts & Bolts, Neverwinter Nights 2.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Vexxan

Alice: Madness Returns. I know Ryan gave it a good review but I have barely met anyone who''s heard of this game let alone buy it.

gamercfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By gamercfc

hi mate, i want to told you for one old game i was played on 2001/02 it was on mountain with one like best who was killing drive something (maybe) but for sure i am that in this game had something to eat or drink and when he fart he fly.. can any one know for the name of that game !!! Please i want to find, i am searching a long time

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Turambar
Dark Souls. Most people are either in awe of, or completely put off by its difficulty.  But the praise of it's level design and story telling is woefully inadequate.
I don't totally agree with the story aspect. Its inticing but they never really build the story in my opinion. With that said Dark Spouls is not only one of the best games the gen, but also one of the most revolutionary. In my opinion...
lanegan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By lanegan

@Turambar said:

Dark Souls. Most people are either in awe of, or completely put off by its difficulty. But the praise of it's level design and story telling is woefully inadequate.
jdw519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#112  Edited By jdw519

@Sackmanjones said:

I love this game and it came and left much to quickly. Still holdin out hope for a sequel.
I love this game and it came and left much to quickly. Still holdin out hope for a sequel.

This. It was so much fun! The story was interesting enough for a first person shooter and the multiplayer was actually kind of fun

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Lagaroth
ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ExplodeMode

In the Okami HD thread I see people saying that Okami is one of the best Zeldas.

The true best non-Zelda Zelda is sitting on PSN right now and more people should play it:

No Caption Provided
cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By cloneslayer

Clearly, the OP has no clue what underrated means.

felakuti4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By felakuti4life

@Little_Socrates: Catherine is super underrated. It's super finicky and difficult, but the Freudian spin it put on everything for the first 80% of the game was clutch.

However, my most underrated game of all time, without a doubt, will always be

No Caption Provided

EDIT: I'd just like to append this with a little ode to GTAIV. I understand that people thought it wasn't as fun because of the super loose shooting mechanics, but it captured New York like no other game ever made has captured a real life locale. taking the subway, hailing a cab, and looking out the window at such a lovingly crafted depiction of New York was super impressive, not to mention that it was the beginning of a fantastic new era of writing in Rockstar, where the commentary and characters have transcended simple parody. Also, the DJs for the radio stations (Femi Kuti, Green Lantern, Preemo, and Karl Lagerfeld?!?!) showed how in tune with culture, pop or otherwise, Rockstar really is.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Pikawai

There is a games that I adores and it is not quite well known as it should be.

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

"999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉 Kyokugen Dasshutsu Ku Jikan Ku Nin Kyū no Tobira?, lit. "Extreme Escape: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors") is an adventure game developed by Chunsoft and published in Japan by Spike on December 10, 2009, and in North America by Aksys Games on November 16, 2010. The game's design team was led by Kotaro Uchikoshi, who is also the writer of the acclaimed visual novel Ever 17: The Out of Infinity.[1] A novel based on the game has also been released, with a slightly different plot.

Nine people have been abducted by a mysterious kidnapper who uses the alias "Zero." They find themselves on a ship— possibly a replica of the RMS Titanic and are told that they have nine hours to escape before the ship sinks beneath the waves. Zero is running the "Nonary Game" - a game "where you will put your life on the line." The group is forced to split up into various subgroups and explore "numbered doors," behind which lie Zero's puzzles. Zero promises that escape lies behind a door numbered [9]. The characters must work together despite suspicions of each other to advance, as well as to discover Zero's motive and identity.

Emphasis is placed on the characters, their motives, and the mystery of the situation than the puzzles."

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By Karl_Boss

You're going more for underappreciated than underrated.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Hunkulese
@BestUsernameEver I don't think you understand what underrated means. Mortal Kombat and GTA 4 are underrated gems because some people don't like them? By your logic every game ever released is an underrated gem.

Trackmania also isn't really underrated. It's a super niche game made for a specific group of people and those people love it.
JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#120  Edited By JTB123

Fear 3, the way people viciously hate on it for changing what Fear was are seriously overstating the previous games quality. Fear 3 easily has the best gameplay out of all them, the best weapons, and a pretty neat challenge system, coop was awesome too.

kumquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By kumquat

@ExplodeMode said:

In the Okami HD thread I see people saying that Okami is one of the best Zeldas.

The true best non-Zelda Zelda is sitting on PSN right now and more people should play it:

Masterpiece. Definitely the best non-Zelda Zelda. 2D, anyway.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hunkulese said:

@BestUsernameEver I don't think you understand what underrated means. Mortal Kombat and GTA 4 are underrated gems because some people don't like them? By your logic every game ever released is an underrated gem. Trackmania also isn't really underrated. It's a super niche game made for a specific group of people and those people love it.

"I have a few, but they aren't totally unknown nor hated, just sort of lonely."

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points