iBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By iBear
@Br3adfan said:
" Personally I am for immigration 100%, legally of course.  In the specific case of Arizona's recent law on immigration it is clearly a state issue, though it may be a national problem.  Arizona, and only Arizona knows what problems they are facing on a daily basis.  If they want to enforce a law, no other state has no real say in how that law is enacted, unless of course it is infringing upon another state's laws.  

There needs to be a stronger presence along the Mexican-United States border, and the Canadian border as well.  I'm not saying build a giant wall around the United States, but something really needs to be done so that people who are willing to go through the necessary procedures to become a legal citizen are allowed to do so.     
"
damn those arizona elitists
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By DCFGS3
@lazyturtle said:
" @DCFGS3 said:
" While I think that Arizona's solution probably isn't the most effective, I do support it. What I have issue with is people from New York and Washington calling out against it, and saying how aweful it is. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You don't live in areas affected by illegal immigration, how the fuck would you know how bad the problem is? On a side issue, I actually support racial profiling. "
So its ok for the police to assume that all middle easterners are terrorists, all Hispanics are illegal immigrants, all blacks are drug dealers/gang members?   I don't know why you would think that either New York or Washington don't have a problem with illegal immigrants. Washington state has a lot of agriculture..and those fruits don't get picked by Americans. NY has a similar situation..in addition to having one of the largest cities in the USA. I live in Hawaii...we have a lot of illegal immigrants too...mostly in the agriculture and hospitality industries. "
No, but it's ok for them to be more suspicious of middle easterners who may be acting suspiciously (which they are more suspicious of), and they should be more suspicious of a Hispanic's immigration status (which they are) and be more suspicious of a group of black youths that a white group of youths (which they are). I'm not saying that they should stop every Arab, Hispanic and Black, but simply be more aware of them.

The northern states don't have the problem with shear numbers that the Southern states do.
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I honestly don't get the immigration problem.  
The recent Arizona law attacks the wrong end of the problem though. 

Toasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Toasty
@DCFGS3 said:
No, but it's ok for them to be more suspicious of middle easterners who may be acting suspiciously (which they are more suspicious of), and they should be more suspicious of a Hispanic's immigration status (which they are) and be more suspicious of a group of black youths that a white group of youths (which they are). I'm not saying that they should stop every Arab, Hispanic and Black, but simply be more aware of them.  The northern states don't have the problem with shear numbers that the Southern states do. "
... Do you not realize what you're saying is still racial profiling? What the hell.

Here's one case of  cops using the law to be jerks: http://www.azfamily.com/news/91769419.html There are/will be plenty more.
It's just such a juvenille response to the real problem - corporations hiring illegals and paying them under the table. Like I said in the last thread,  immigrants pay taxes but aren't eligible for government services. So they're not putting a "strain on our system" either. The effects aren't so dramatic that we absolutely must act now!!! It is, however, a huge long-term issue we've been happy to ignore for years for sake of cheap labor.
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By DCFGS3
@Toasty said:
" @DCFGS3 said:
No, but it's ok for them to be more suspicious of middle easterners who may be acting suspiciously (which they are more suspicious of), and they should be more suspicious of a Hispanic's immigration status (which they are) and be more suspicious of a group of black youths that a white group of youths (which they are). I'm not saying that they should stop every Arab, Hispanic and Black, but simply be more aware of them.  The northern states don't have the problem with shear numbers that the Southern states do. "
... Do you not realize what you're saying is still racial profiling? What the hell.   Here's one case of  cops using the law to be jerks: http://www.azfamily.com/news/91769419.html There are/will be plenty more. It's just such a juvenille response to the real problem - corporations hiring illegals and paying them under the table. Like I said in the last thread,  immigrants pay taxes but aren't eligible for government services. So they're not putting a "strain on our system" either. The effects aren't so dramatic that we absolutely must act now!!! It is, however, a huge long-term issue we've been happy to ignore for years for sake of cheap labor. "
Yes, I do realise that. I support racial profiling, as does anybody who supports affirmative action.