Is it wrong i feel zero love for my homeland?

• 124 results
AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By AnotherDuder

Now most of you will just say yes right of bat but you have to hear me out (or read me out). See,my country ( Republic of Croatia) is only 18 years old (Sure,there was the war period,but i count the post-Yugoslavia as the age of my homeland),so everything is still subject to change,but my antipathy toward Croatia starts with Croatian War of Independence. I know i should be proud of my homeland to get independence,but honestly i am not. I mean,the whole war just a whole farce-at the time the JNA (Yugoslavian army) was the 3rd strongest army in the world (right after the US and the Soviets) and the Serbian (well,Yugoslavian) aggressors could just delete us of the map if they wanted,but didn't. Why? Well,while our men and the Ustaše (Read:Ustashe) (another reason of my antipathy towards my homeland,i'll get to them later) were fighting and dying here, Tuđman (croatian president and hardcore ustaša) and Miloševič (Serbian president and hardcore četnik [Read:Chetnik. Also,I'll get to them later]) were enjoying in Slovenia,talking about how they will split Bosnia 

No,i can't base my antipathy on just one dude true,but even after the war was over in '95 some Serbs were still in Croatia. And here we get to the Ustašas. They were (and still are) and extremist fascist group that thought it would be just fine to murder and rape the left over Serbs. WHAT THE FUCK?! WHERE DO YOU GET OFF JUST BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF AN INNOCENT GUY/GIRL THAT DIDN'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THE WAR (Anybody that participated on the side of the aggressors were exiled)?! True its illegal,but our police force mostly stays blind to it. After that,we help the Serbs terrorize Bosnians so we could have land that isn't rightfully ours!

OK,so that's the past,true,but things didn't get better in the 2000s either! We still have Ustašas,we beat the shit out of people for no reason...Why? THE WAR IS OVER FOLKS! And like the cherry on the top of the shit cake,we have one of the most corrupt governments in the world,the country is near bankruptcy and people are like geese in the fog-they just don't care!

Now that you know maybe too much,do you still say no?

AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AnotherDuder

Now most of you will just say yes right of bat but you have to hear me out (or read me out). See,my country ( Republic of Croatia) is only 18 years old (Sure,there was the war period,but i count the post-Yugoslavia as the age of my homeland),so everything is still subject to change,but my antipathy toward Croatia starts with Croatian War of Independence. I know i should be proud of my homeland to get independence,but honestly i am not. I mean,the whole war just a whole farce-at the time the JNA (Yugoslavian army) was the 3rd strongest army in the world (right after the US and the Soviets) and the Serbian (well,Yugoslavian) aggressors could just delete us of the map if they wanted,but didn't. Why? Well,while our men and the Ustaše (Read:Ustashe) (another reason of my antipathy towards my homeland,i'll get to them later) were fighting and dying here, Tuđman (croatian president and hardcore ustaša) and Miloševič (Serbian president and hardcore četnik [Read:Chetnik. Also,I'll get to them later]) were enjoying in Slovenia,talking about how they will split Bosnia 

No,i can't base my antipathy on just one dude true,but even after the war was over in '95 some Serbs were still in Croatia. And here we get to the Ustašas. They were (and still are) and extremist fascist group that thought it would be just fine to murder and rape the left over Serbs. WHAT THE FUCK?! WHERE DO YOU GET OFF JUST BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF AN INNOCENT GUY/GIRL THAT DIDN'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THE WAR (Anybody that participated on the side of the aggressors were exiled)?! True its illegal,but our police force mostly stays blind to it. After that,we help the Serbs terrorize Bosnians so we could have land that isn't rightfully ours!

OK,so that's the past,true,but things didn't get better in the 2000s either! We still have Ustašas,we beat the shit out of people for no reason...Why? THE WAR IS OVER FOLKS! And like the cherry on the top of the shit cake,we have one of the most corrupt governments in the world,the country is near bankruptcy and people are like geese in the fog-they just don't care!

Now that you know maybe too much,do you still say no?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Come to Canada.

AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AnotherDuder
@xyzygy: Why?
KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By KimChi4U

Don't go there. I left there 10 years ago and haven't missed a thing.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy
@AnotherDuder:
It's a very large country, full of so many things to see. There are many diffferent types of people here with their own beliefs and customs. It is a very peaceful country (considering many other parts of the world).
AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AnotherDuder
@xyzygy: Wow! Now you got me interested. I always DID want to leave this corrupted piece of shit called Croatia

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Come to Australia................we have nice beaches ^_^

AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AnotherDuder
@mylifeforAiur: Also heard you have nice bitches.
Wait...

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY DOING PROMOTING THEIR COUNTRY'S TOURISM?!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zeforgotten

I don't care about my country either. 
And then at some point we did some drawings that pissed a lot of people off. 
They decided to boycot our milk and burn 1 or 10 of our 30 billion flags.. Wooop de fucking doo

AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AnotherDuder
@ZeForgotten: What? Where do you live?
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeforgotten
@AnotherDuder: Denmark
Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raymayne

Pretty much every single country has done effed up stuff, had corrupt governments, and harmed innocent people. So whatever, don't feel too bad...maybe try and focus on the positives or just say Fuck Croatia and move away from there someday =]

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By FourWude

I will take down all corrupt governments. This is my promise to the world.

"Take down all corrupt governments or die trying." That's the name of my next album.

AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AnotherDuder
@ZeForgotten: I thought the life there is better? Also,thanks to everyone except for @FourWude:
AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AnotherDuder
@Raymayne: Thanks :3

Well,i guess the US had its fair share of corrupt governments when it was young. True,18 years isn't enough to grow out of the savage brutes we are,and things probably will change! THANKS RAYMAYNE :D
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten
@AnotherDuder: It's alright, but everything is expensive and people get mad at us for drawing stuff.  
And someone took our jobs
Kralle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kralle

Oh you can just go to another european country

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FourWude
@AnotherDuder said:
" @ZeForgotten: I thought the life there is better? Also,thanks to everyone except for @FourWude: "
Why the hate for me? Is it because I'm Bosnian?
AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AnotherDuder
@ZeForgotten: Recession. It sucks everywhere. Sorry to hear that. It will get better :)

Also,i sort of get the Ustašas once i see pictures of Vukovar after the aggressors got in there!

I'm proud of you for not flaming me for no reason. Nice to see you have involved GB

OR SHOULD I SAY NOICE!!?
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FourWude
@ZeForgotten said:
" @AnotherDuder: It's alright, but everything is expensive and people get mad at us for drawing stuff.  And someone took our jobs "
It was the Mooslums that took your jobs. Paybacks a bitch isn't it....
AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AnotherDuder
@FourWude: You aren't Bosnian

Just shut the fuck up and go troll someone else. Fucking 9 year olds

@Kralle:
Sure,everyone says that but there isn't enough money. FUUUUUUUCK :(
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FourWude
@AnotherDuder said:
" @FourWude: You aren't Bosnian

Just shut the fuck up and go troll someone else. Fucking 9 year olds

I COULD be Bosnian.... But I'm actually Albanian Kosovar. Now LEAVE me alone. Stop hounding me like Milosoevic. 
Kralle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kralle
@ZeForgotten: Haha lol
Kralle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kralle
@AnotherDuder: Whats that supposed to mean?
AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AnotherDuder
@FourWude: If you were Albanian-Kosovar you would know Miloševič lost power a loooooong time ago,and even faced criminal charges

Fucking idiot
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zeforgotten
@AnotherDuder: Hahahaha, everybody blames the recession. No everything was fucking expensive around here before everyone fucked things uo :P 
80$ a game is a lot =D
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FourWude
@ZeForgotten said:

" I don't care about my country either. And then at some point we did some drawings that pissed a lot of people off. They decided to boycot our milk and burn 1 or 10 of our 30 billion flags.. Wooop de fucking doo "

It actually cost you close to $5 Billion in trade during the boycott. And the boycott wasn't even that large. It also had the direct effect of forcing Netherlands to stop Anti-Muslim politicians because of fear of trade boycotts in the Muslim world. Netherlands has a much larger trade market with Muslims than Denmark. Other than that no, not much happened.

Anyone that helps destroy Denmark is awesome in my books.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Ineedaname

Come to  England.

I'll post back when I have a reason.

AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AnotherDuder
@ZeForgotten: Oh you wanna talk shitty prices? A fucking PS3 game costs 100 $!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zeforgotten
@AnotherDuder said:
" @ZeForgotten: Oh you wanna talk shitty prices? A fucking PS3 game costs 100 $! "
Daaamn, that is dumb :D
Kralle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kralle
@ZeForgotten: And how much money you earn???? Compare a american wage with a danish. 
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zeforgotten
@FourWude: And everyone who helps blow up the muslims are good in my book. 
Oh wait they keep doing that to themselves so I guess they're alright. 

Yeah I can be a pathetic racist guy too :)    

@Kralle: 2000$ a month I guess. But still taxes, bills, food, and other stuff like that is really expensive. 
so a 60$ game is not worth whining about in my eyes
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FourWude
@ZeForgotten said:

" @FourWude: And everyone who helps blow up the muslims are good in my book. Oh wait they keep doing that to themselves so I guess they're alright.  Yeah I can be a pathetic racist guy too :)   "

Don't worry, paybacks already a bitch for the western world. Look at your bankrupt nations, it's hilarious.

Terrorism on the grand scale of things isn't even that big. More people get shot in the US per year than die through terrorist acts all over the world. It's small scale.

It's going to be funny watching western civilization kill itself. 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeforgotten
@FourWude said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @FourWude: And everyone who helps blow up the muslims are good in my book. Oh wait they keep doing that to themselves so I guess they're alright.  Yeah I can be a pathetic racist guy too :)   "
Don't worry, paybacks already a bitch for the western world. Look at your bankrupt nations, it's hilarious. "
Bankrupt? hahaha ignorance is bliss and apparantly also very funny.  
But you just keep that dream alive little buddy :) 
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Dude,you're like the anti-version of this person I knew on a forum awhile back.He loved Croatia,wanted communism back and hated the US.
maybe,if I got you two together in the same room;you guys could have a fight to the death!

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FourWude
@ZeForgotten said:

" @FourWude said:

" @ZeForgotten said:

Don't worry, paybacks already a bitch for the western world. Look at your bankrupt nations, it's hilarious. "
Bankrupt? hahaha ignorance is bliss and apparantly also very funny.  But you just keep that dream alive little buddy :)  "

OK, I'm living in my blissful non-bankrupt fantasy land... Most of Euope is already finished economically. The bad half is dragging the rest down with them. As for the US.... it's over.

The highest probability of bankruptcies happening anywhere in the world right now are with Ireland, Portugal, Greece, Iceland and Italy. They alone will destroy the EU. These nations owe trillions combined, once their debts can no longer be serviced watch as it pulls the rest of Europe into a debt spiral as nations lose money owed to them and trade decreases. And that's before we even get to the UK....

The wider socio-economic fallout of all this bankruptcy is gonna be hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ZeForgotten: "They tk er jebs!" 

@AnotherDuder: Apologies for the lack of discussion; I know jack about Eastern European politics. Maybe I'll spend this afternoon looking it up, though. 

I will say this: I fluctuate between despising Scotland and loving it on a frequent basis, so I can understand where you are coming from, just for very different reasons.
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jasta
@AnotherDuder:

Nothing wrong with it, Scotland has seen pretty much no corruption or wrong doing towards the people who live here, yet I still hate this place.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By mrfizzy
@mylifeforAiur said:
" Come to Australia................we have nice beaches ^_^ "
and nice females to populate our nice beaches :D 
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@mrfizzy said:
" @mylifeforAiur said:
" Come to Australia................we have nice beaches ^_^ "
and nice females to populate our nice beaches :D  "
And Yahtzee! 
Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Sessh

@GetEveryone said:

" @ZeForgotten: "They tk er jebs!" 
Finally a South Park joke. Have been waiting for this since the mentioning of the "drawing incident", which always reminds me of the Family Guy ep they did.
AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AnotherDuder
@Ineedaname: LLOL
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By vilhelmnielsen
@AnotherDuder said:
" @ZeForgotten: I thought the life there is better? Also,thanks to everyone except for @FourWude: "
Even if it is, you'll never try it. We've just instated a point system, which basicly only allows people from Harvard or Oxford to come here. The only problem is, even though you are highly skilled, we don't want you unless you speak danish.
TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TorMasturba

I love my family but I truly hate my homeland of Great Britian. 

Our government actually pays people who sit on their asses doing nothing all day more than others who do honest work.  

I'm moving to Hong Kong soon... 

Need I say more than this?

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By VanderSEXXX
@AnotherDuder: I too share the same sentiment about my own homeland. While i may not know what exactly is happening in Eastern Europe, I feel the same shame about my homeland as it too is riddled with excessively corrupt politicians and the ever dominating nepotism among rich families which eventually placed us as the most corrupt in South East Asia while back then we were only 2nd to Japan in the 1960's - 1970's. And shamefully also this kind of corruption and nepotism has been happening since 1972 when one of our wisest presidents then turned dictator declared Marshal Law.  

To answer your question though honestly I wouldn't know if its really wrong to have zero love for your homeland since I too am also trying hard to be proud of my homeland despite our already broken reputation with my country's neighbors.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By evanbrau

From Ireland which is currently fucked beyond belief due to a political system that's been broken since the foundation of the state (was basically set up to ensure the good old boys were always taken care of at the expense of the ordinary citizen) but I do have a fair degree of affection for the place. Pity most people my age are already leaving and I'm probably not far behind them.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By D0tti
@AnotherDuder:  I'm kinda the same, i'm born in Macedonia, but my family are more from Sandžak and I don't really have any real feelings for my country(ries?). I won't say it's wrong, seeing how that area(Balkan) is so fucked up, people are still killing each other and beating each other for stupid ass reasons. So I would say u don't really have any reason too feel bad or anything for not having love for your homeland, i've lived in norway for 18 years now and go to Macedonia(where most of my family live now) from time to time, put thats mostly because of my family and girlfriend.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By meteora

If your country is pretty fucked up in many ways, then yes its hard to rally behind a meaningful love for your country if you find something deeply wrong with it. Its all perspective and subjective. I may love my country (Canada) but someone else might not, based off of how they feel, what they think, their background and what their personality is like.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Edin899
@FourWude said:
" @AnotherDuder said:
Why the hate for me? Is it because I'm Bosnian? "
Your bosnian me 2 !
Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Edin899
@AnotherDuder said:
" Now most of you will just say yes right of bat but you have to hear me out (or read me out). See,my country ( Republic of Croatia) is only 18 years old (Sure,there was the war period,but i count the post-Yugoslavia as the age of my homeland),so everything is still subject to change,but my antipathy toward Croatia starts with Croatian War of Independence. I know i should be proud of my homeland to get independence,but honestly i am not. I mean,the whole war just a whole farce-at the time the JNA (Yugoslavian army) was the 3rd strongest army in the world (right after the US and the Soviets) and the Serbian (well,Yugoslavian) aggressors could just delete us of the map if they wanted,but didn't. Why? Well,while our men and the Ustaše (Read:Ustashe) (another reason of my antipathy towards my homeland,i'll get to them later) were fighting and dying here, Tuđman (croatian president and hardcore ustaša) and Miloševič (Serbian president and hardcore četnik [Read:Chetnik. Also,I'll get to them later]) were enjoying in Slovenia,talking about how they will split Bosnia   No,i can't base my antipathy on just one dude true,but even after the war was over in '95 some Serbs were still in Croatia. And here we get to the Ustašas. They were (and still are) and extremist fascist group that thought it would be just fine to murder and rape the left over Serbs. WHAT THE FUCK?! WHERE DO YOU GET OFF JUST BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF AN INNOCENT GUY/GIRL THAT DIDN'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THE WAR (Anybody that participated on the side of the aggressors were exiled)?! True its illegal,but our police force mostly stays blind to it. After that,we help the Serbs terrorize Bosnians so we could have land that isn't rightfully ours!  OK,so that's the past,true,but things didn't get better in the 2000s either! We still have Ustašas,we beat the shit out of people for no reason...Why? THE WAR IS OVER FOLKS! And like the cherry on the top of the shit cake,we have one of the most corrupt governments in the world,the country is near bankruptcy and people are like geese in the fog-they just don't care!  Now that you know maybe too much,do you still say no? "
I'm  a bosnian and i feel no hate towards Croatia because they realised at the end you cannot take over bosnia and joined us against the murdering serbs :)