Last nights Episode of LOST was the best EVER!!!

• 82 results
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EliteShadowDog

It truly was EPIC I was shocked after several medicore shows recently. Man It was an AMAZING show. Such great acting by Richard it was like a mini movie epic it was amazing it truly was.
It had to be the best in all the shows for it's exceptional acting and portrayal of Richard back in the 18 hundreds.

Great job to the Lost crew it was a epic episode for sure.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Disclaimer: Last nights episode of LOST took place almost entirely in 1870 and revolved around a character that was both very mysterious and a fan favorite for a long time.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pinworm45

edit: spoilers. 

not really. They did the biggest cop out they possibly could by making the island a hell analogy. I'm still holding out hope it was just put in there to make all the tards who think they're clever for saying "hey maybe the island is hell!", but are going to kick them down by saying "no, you're retarded, richard and smokey just made those implications to use richard". 

Unfortunately, I don't have that much faith in them. I fully expect more god / devil analogies, and I fully expect them to pull a battlestar where you're watching the finale, waiting for the clever twist that will make it all make sense but then.. nope.. angels and god. 

I'll gladly be proven wrong, though..

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Scooper
@EliteShadowDog said:
"It had to be the best in all the shows for it's exceptional acting and portrayal of Richard back in the 18 hundreds."
Thank God I stopped watching this midway through season 3. You guys are getting dragged along by your asses.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pinworm45
@Scooper said:
" @EliteShadowDog said:
"It had to be the best in all the shows for it's exceptional acting and portrayal of Richard back in the 18 hundreds."
Thank God I stopped watching this midway through season 3. You guys are getting dragged along by your asses. "
to be fair, season 3 sucked, as did a fair bit of lost prior to that. But it DID get better. Hopefully they don't pull a battlestar and completely ruin it.
SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin
@Pinworm45 said:
" edit: spoilers.  not really. They did the biggest cop out they possibly could by making the island a hell analogy. I'm still holding out hope it was just put in there to make all the tards who think they're clever for saying "hey maybe the island is hell!", but are going to kick them down by saying "no, you're retarded, richard and smokey just made those implications to use richard".  Unfortunately, I don't have that much faith in them. I fully expect more god / devil analogies, and I fully expect them to pull a battlestar where you're watching the finale, waiting for the clever twist that will make it all make sense but then.. nope.. angels and god.  I'll gladly be proven wrong, though.. "

You believed the Hell thing in the 1st five minutes? The rest of the episode went on to disprove that - I took it as more of  a nod to an old old theory about the show than explanation. If anything the Island is the Gateway to Hell, but certainly not Hell itself - Remember Jacob uses the bottle of wine as an analogy for Evil - the cork being the Island.

Black Rock hitting the statue was a total cop out - I would have liked to see it destroyed in one of Jacob and MiB 'other' conflicts. According to both of them at the end of S5 none of these events are particularly fresh - they've played this game a long long time.

Probably the most interesting bit was when Richard went to kill Jacob and Jacob explained that no one can enter the statue unless he invites them in - when Ben kills Jacob with MiB watching, they're in the statue. Jacob invited the MiB in...but to what end?  At this point I'm seriously questioning Jacob's stance and his motivations.
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EliteShadowDog
@Pinworm45 said:

" edit: spoilers.  not really. They did the biggest cop out they possibly could by making the island a hell analogy. I'm still holding out hope it was just put in there to make all the tards who think they're clever for saying "hey maybe the island is hell!", but are going to kick them down by saying "no, you're retarded, richard and smokey just made those implications to use richard".  Unfortunately, I don't have that much faith in them. I fully expect more god / devil analogies, and I fully expect them to pull a battlestar where you're watching the finale, waiting for the clever twist that will make it all make sense but then.. nope.. angels and god.  I'll gladly be proven wrong, though.. "

I have 2 main ideas of what the conclusion will be. The first I have always felt that the island is supposed to be Purgatory. If it is not that. If it is not that then my 2nd thought on what it is. Is that we all live some kind of cross dimension life in multiple times and dimensions. And maybe this is why they are showing the charactors in different scenes together but do not know they know each other from the island.
PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PS3RG

This may have overtaken "The Constant" as the best LOST episode ever. Damn it was good!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Baillie
@PS3RG:
No, it hasn't overtaken 'The Constant".
taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By taccyp

It was amazing. The constant is overrated.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tomte

yeah, wtf was that polar bear doing there???

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scullinator
@Pinworm45:   I would agree with you.  When I heard the Hell analogy I thought "dont go there, its not all some dream or people stuck in purgatory"  but I think they were just trying to show Richard's feelings of giving up.  He had lost faith and hope in Jacob thinking he was already dead and in Hell going back to his story and his pursuit of redemption.
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EliteShadowDog
@Baillie said:
" @PS3RG: No, it hasn't overtaken 'The Constant". "
Refresh me which one was the Constant about?
ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By ztiworoh
@SteamPunkJin: Exactly. The purpose of Richard's belief that it was "hell" and then showing us that it was just a lie used by Man in Black to twist him was basically the writer's way of telling us that it's not hell and discounting that theory. They've done things like that all season, like having Hurley ask Richard if he doesn't age because he's a cyborg. 

Last night's episode was awesome, though, yes, even a supernatural storm managing to take a ship inland for a mile, after it hits a 100 foot tall stone statue (which is destroyed, while the boat mostly stays whole) is a bit hard to swallow. But this is also a show with mysterious polar bears and smoke monsters. 

I love the idea of the island being sort of a testing ground for Jacob and Man in Black's feud. Reminds me sort of the story of Job from the Bible with God and the Devil testing a man to see if he would remain good or turn evil.  

That said, even with answers, some stuff doesn't make sense. How/why did the Dharma folks find out about the island? Were they part of the Jacob/Man in Black feud, or did they just happen to show up? Also, if, as has been pretty firmly established, Jacob caused Oceanic 815 to crash, then what of the whole "it happened when Desmond neglected to hit the button" explanation? Did Jacob cause that in any way? Or was it pure coincidence?
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Baillie
@EliteShadowDog: It was the desmond one where he kept travelling through time, he met Faraday in some college, then phoned Penny at the end on the boat.
Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Rayeth

The whole DHARMA thing and the purpose of the button is probably the single thing that I most want resolved in the series. Thank goodness they answered a bunch of questions about Richard Alpert in this one or that would be on the list too.

@EliteShadowDog:
The Constant was the episode in Season 4 (?) where Desmond is flashing between the Freighter and 1996.  It's a great episode.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scullinator
@ztiworoh:   I have always thought that Jacob knows the future. Last night something occurred to me that I had overlooked.  He had the others build a runway on Hydra Island  remember thats what kate and sawyer were forced to work on when they were being kept in the polar bear cages.  Did he know about the second plane that would crash land on the island? 
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EliteShadowDog
@Baillie said:
" @EliteShadowDog: It was the desmond one where he kept travelling through time, he met Faraday in some college, then phoned Penny at the end on the boat. "
Cool got it yeah I remember that.
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yukoei

I haven't ever watched Lost but this show sounds fucked up...

Polar bears? time travel? aren't they on an island?

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EliteShadowDog

What was so amazing about last nights episode was how it swept you up in such a short time and was able to have such an epic tale in such a short time frame being a 1hour show. It was not so much the action it was more the drama and acting and suspense rolled into a perfect blend. 

Man when that bitch ship captain came below and started stabbing the prisoners. That was hardcore but felt so emotional. FUCK the whole show was just like a wicked acid trip of greatness in a erie fantasy kind of way.

Truly that might be one of the best acting and such an epic feel for a 1hr show ever in TV history.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Feser
@ztiworoh:
Jacob brought Desmond who by not pushing that button brought Oceanic 815 (Speaking of Des, where is he?). OR, Jacob choose which people would live through the crash (and he had the foresight to know they were coming). If anything, I guessing the exact mechanics of bringing people to the island is going to be some vague magical thingy that will be complete and utter nonsense. I don't care for that explanation too much. I'm looking forward to the comprehensive history of the island. Why does it exist? And the very related question, how did the white/good versus black/evil come to be. 

Since you brought up the hatch I thought I would bring this up - remember "If you don't push the button the whole world would end?" I figure that if they let magnetic anomaly go it would destroy the island, kill Jacob, and unleashed the black evil unto the world. But what does that say about the nuke and the alternate reality?
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pinkshley1
@Pinworm45 said:
My thoughts exactly. 
ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ztiworoh
@Scullinator: If that's the case, then maybe he didn't make the flight crash per se, but just made sure they'd be on the flight that was going to crash. Also - good catch on the runway. 

I wouldn't be shocked, what with the whole "island-is-able-to-jump-through-time" thing, if we find out that Jacob exists outside of linear time and he's set things up throughout history to culminate in whatever is going on now. 
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Baillie

Anyone else think this is the worst season yet? I really ain't digging the whole supernatural vibe. Before things could be explained, and would be eventually. Now though, it appears to be taking a very different path.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EliteShadowDog
@Yukoei said:

"  I haven't ever watched Lost but this show sounds fucked up...  Polar bears? time travel? aren't they on an island? "

WOW you have missed one of the best shows series in TV history. Now granted some of the shows are a let down. This is becuase some episodes are so EPIC that it is so hard to match every week.

But last nights show was truly a special gem.

I highly recommend once they wrap this great TV series you go buy all the seasons on DVD or Blu-Ray.
EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EliteShadowDog
@Baillie said:
" Anyone else think this is the worst season yet? I really ain't digging the whole supernatural vibe. Before things could be explained, and would be eventually. Now though, it appears to be taking a very different path. "
This is what I said I said the season had been kind of mediocre up until last night then it GOT FUCKING EPIC!!!

So I hope the rest of the 7 shows and then the FINAL SHOW are all going to blow us away.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Kazona

The more I read about this show, the more it sounds like something that could only make sense if you were completely stoned and drunk at the same time.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EliteShadowDog
@Kazona said:
" The more I read about this show, the more it sounds like something that could only make sense if you were completely stoned and drunk at the same time. "
Dude trust me buy all the seasons on DVD and go do just that you will like it.
ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ztiworoh
@EliteShadowDog:   @Kazona:  

Or, if you have Netflix, seasons 1-5 are on Watch Instantly
SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SadPatrol

@tomte:
it was brought to the island by the DARMA initiative in the 70's.

OLD NEWS

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Rayeth

I really think that if anyone actually bought the hell/cork-in-the-bottle analogy as the literal truth of what is going on you need to re-watch the episode.  Jacob is using that to explain what is going on to a superstitions and clearly very religious man from the 1800s, I would be if he were trying to do the same thing to the cast-aways now he would have some more modern interpretation.  The whole thing was made up by the MiB (lol Will Smith movie) to manipulate Richard into killing Jacob.   Just like what he is doing now with the Sawyer and the others by telling them he'll take them off the island.  He couldn't care less about them leaving the island as long as he gets away.  He'd be perfectly happy letting Widmore or whoever kill them all, if it means he can escape.

In that sense the island is a lot more like a jail for this evil entity (aka MiB, aka Fake John Locke).

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By teh_destroyer

Waiting impatiently for the zune marketplace to get it in HD for me, i really enjoyed last weeks episode focusing on Miles and James Ford though. 

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scullinator

I thought the season with all the time travel stuff was the worse season.  I stopped watching it half way through.  Between that and they way Heroes started to suck and was full of timetravel bullshit. (I have really given up on Heroes speaking of disappointing TV shows) I waited till all the episodes were out and watched it from start to finish with no interruptions.  turns out it was my favorite season, getting to see all the things that happened in the past, how the island changed.  I HATE having to wait a week, sometimes more for a new episode.  there are so many small things you forget about.  Its a hard show to follow but its soooo good.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SteamPunkJin
@EliteShadowDog said:
" Man when that bitch ship captain came below and started stabbing the prisoners. That was hardcore but felt so emotional. FUCK the whole show was just like a wicked acid trip of greatness in a erie fantasy kind of way. Truly that might be one of the best acting and such an epic feel for a 1hr show ever in TV history. "
It was nice they tied in Magnus to the story - still I didn't care for that bit just because the Captain was being so rational, killing them due to lack of supplies. I would have much preferred that being the mysterious 'Sickness' that claims so many.
ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ztiworoh
@SteamPunkJin: I enjoyed the Hanso name drop, and hope something comes of it. I'd love to find out how it is that his descendant Alvar finds out about the island and starts the Dharma Initiative. 
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By Kazona
@EliteShadowDog said:
" @Kazona said:
" The more I read about this show, the more it sounds like something that could only make sense if you were completely stoned and drunk at the same time. "
Dude trust me buy all the seasons on DVD and go do just that you will like it. "
No thanks. I've never been stoned or drunk in my life, and I don't plan on starting for some tv show.
Kedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kedi

I really enjoyed last night's show. Richard is one of my favorite characters, so I'm glad we got to know a lot more about him.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By wrecks

God dammit i love lost.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Whisperkill
@Kazona said:
" @EliteShadowDog said:
" @Kazona said:
Dude trust me buy all the seasons on DVD and go do just that you will like it. "
No thanks. I've never been stoned or drunk in my life, and I don't plan on starting for some tv show. "
I'm pretty sure he's talking about just normally watching it...
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Meowshi

So, everyone can tell that Jacob is evil right?

DAAANNNN69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DAAANNNN69
@Pinworm45 said:
"I don't have that much faith in them. I fully expect more god / devil analogies, and I fully expect them to pull a battlestar where you're watching the finale, waiting for the clever twist that will make it all make sense but then.. nope.. angels and god.  I'll gladly be proven wrong, though.. "
 Lost is, and always has been filled with bible references, heaven/hell analogies, characters being compared to people from the bible, god/devil figures etc... i don't know why your so surprised that someone on the show would compare the island to hell.
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By AndrewB

The whole thing reminded me more of an episode of Highlander, which led to me wondering why they don't reboot that series after the god awful spin-offs and movies.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By spankingaddict

couldnt agree more!!!!!!

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Demyx

The biggest reason why I like lost is that over the past 5 seasons it will all culminate into one ending. Unlike heroes which as different arcs and such, in Lost, everything is connected. And yeah, I really liked this episode. Don't know if it was the best.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MarkWahlberg

It wasn't the best episode, and there weren't any big shockers, but I like that they're still making it so you can't tell whether Jacob's good or not. And the 'Island = Pandora's Box' idea is kinda neat. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into another mythologizing christianity shindig right at the very end, we've had too many of those and Lost is better than that. 

Also, the while the Richard past was interesting ( but not unexpected) I couldn't help but think of Wolverine Origins the whole time.

EliteShadowDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EliteShadowDog

This is creepy but man When they showed Richard back in the 1800's it kind of reminded me in a wierd way of RE4 and the setting it had. IDNO STRANGE?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Gabriel

I just watched it and it was probably my favorite episode outside season 1 and 2. The min-epic feel of the episode was a refreshing, from all the time-travel crazyniess, I think Richards portrayal of a scared and confused man was great, the religious overtones were handled well and not cheesly, and the music was the best Lost has ever had. Sure they didn't answer a lot but it was a nice change of pace to the regular episodes. BTW the Constant is stupidly over-rated this easily beats it.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By rjayb89

Needs more Claire and Kate awkwardly holding hands.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kohe321

Yeah it was ok. Far from the best ever, though.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dany

This episode screamed Emmy contender! Just great acting, great revelations and honestly on its own is a fantastic little movie