• 73 results
nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By nasp

well i feel most of the best bands are under the hardcore,mathcore,djent(whatever you wanna call it)genres.so i cant really help you as much sense you cut out some subgenres.i guess a band i like that isnt in those genres would be deafheaven.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By nasp

even though you said no hardcore type music i have to recommend the chariot because they are my fave band ever.even if you hate it i think everyone should give them a shot because there unique,amazing,and the best live band ive ever seen.too bad they broke up recently.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Saik0u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Fall of Efrafa - Elil, one of my favorite metal albums of all time. Kinda crusty, atmospheric stuff based on Watership Down. I dunno man just listen to it.

Also listen to Buried Inside - Chronoclast. Front to back. All day. Your life will be better for it.

Loading Video...

Probably my favorite song off the album, but there's really not a bad track on the whole thing. It's as close to a perfect album as I've found (in my opinion.)

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every Time I Die and Between the Buried and Me are my top 2 metal bands that come to mind.

Try them out.

ETIDs new album is one of my favorites from this year and BTBAM is my favorite band, so this duder knows whats up. finaldasa you're alllllllllllllright.

Also, does skacore count as metal? I don't know but its fucking awesome

Loading Video...

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#57 FinalDasa  Moderator

@theveteran13: Damn right I'm alright! lol I need to listen to ETID newest album more but it didn't click with me right away. I think they're touring soon so I hope I can remember and see them again. Last time they invited everyone on stage to sing along. It was quite crazy.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Roger_Klotz
Loading Video...

In terms of sound, not really in the same vein as opeth but more black sabbath. However, it is still a very heavy album.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Spoonman671

This is the only metal band I give a damn about anymore. All of their albums are available for free if you have Amazon Prime.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all of Volbeat's stuff could be considered Metal, but I really like their heavier stuff.

Loading Video...

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can get into black metal, Leviathan and Xasthur are pretty fucking great.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Borknagar , Arcturus , Burzum , Emperor , Darkthrone , Summoning , Dark Tranquility , Soilwork , Gardenian.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By theanticitizen

Surprised no one's mentioned them but also check out Dir En Grey(well from Withering to Death on up, unless you like VKei). They're a Japanese experimental metal band. They're hard to lock down stylistically but really unique and interesting

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Agreed with many of the recommendations here as well as just looking at the soundtrack listing for Brutal Legend & think there are a few other threads on this popping up not too long ago. All good kinds of metal to enjoy.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ne Obliviscaris.

Solid pick, especially with Citadel coming out in a few months.

As per things that have not been suggested yet, Kalisia's Cybion is a pretty crazy prog metal concept album. They even made up their own language and included a glossary in the CD case!

Loading Video...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just listen to the first six Van Halen albums. Glam-Metal is Metal too.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stuff that I have on my iPod (mostly power metal, glam metal, instrumental, and prog metal)

• Anything by Devin Townsend (Devin Townsend Project, Strapping Young Lad etc..)
  • Megadeth
  • Metallica
  • Edguy
  • Hammerfall
  • Angel Vivaldi
  • Andy James
  • The Damned Things
  • John 5
  • Korpiklaani
  • Lynch Mob
  • Pagan's Mind
  • Queensryche
  • Sinergy
seveword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's some recent (this year) stuff I've been rocking lately. Most of it you can get on Bandcamp for relatively cheap.

Overkill - White Devil Armory - Aggressive, ripping thrash metal from a veteran band

Panopticon - Roads to the North - American black metal, the American parts being the bluegrass influence. Very good, maybe Album of the Year for me

Origin - Omnipresent - Blistering technical death metal, like a gunshot to the back of the head

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Very dark release from the current project by Tom Warrior (Celtic Frost, Hellhammer)

Indian - From All Purity - Drone/doom metal from Chicago, 6 songs of pure hatred

Heathen - Thou - Somewhat similar to Indian genre-wise, but a very different approach, more philosophical and quieter in parts

Pyrrhon - The Mother of Virtues - Death metal, very technical but is a very hard listen, goes all over the place. Hard to describe

Also, Colored Sands by Gorguts came out last year, but I would highly recommend it to pretty much anybody with ears.

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ShapeOfDespair

what about septicflesh, alterbeast, or horrified? Mikael Akerfeldt was featured on a Horrified song off their last album.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

Everyone should own a copy of this album, it's super Diesel.

Avatar image for gutsberzerk1121
gutsberzerk1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old bands/recommended album

Merciful Fate/Don't Break the Oath

Celtic Frost/To Mega Therion

Death/ Human and Symbolic

Judas Priest/ Sad Wings of Destiny (too soon?)

Thin Lizzy/ All

Eucharist/ Mirrorworlds

Dissection/ Storm of the Lights Bane

At The Gates/All

Carnal Forge/ Who's gonna burn

Carcass/Heartwork

Newer Metal Bands

Swallow the Sun/ Hope

Omnium Gatherum/ All!!!!

Morbus Chron / Sevwen

Kvelertak / self titled (I think?)

Tribulation / Formulas of Death

Ghost/ Opus Eponymus (sp?)

Triptykon/ Melana Chasmata

Also just to start (good natured) beef fuck all those recommendations for shitty American neckbeard metal like YOB, Anciients , Inter Arma, ect. Garbage. Pallbearer is pretty good though.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By asmo29a
@raspharus said:

I am very bored. My last listening spree was opeth. Maybe you guys can reccomend me a good metal band that i don't know of. It can be any subgenre of metal except for metalcore or hardcore stuff.

I was a huge Opeth fan until Heritage. So I started looking for any new prog rock/metal bands and stumbled upon Haken, who are absolutely fantastic. Have a listen.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shapeofdespair fun fact: dracul in my language means the devil. It was also one of Vlad's the Impaler nicknames.