Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

LAWL! Apparently it was made on a Mac.

Computerworld reports that several of the "I'm a PC" ad images that were posted to Microsoft's website were created on a Mac.

Four of the images that Microsoft made available on its PressPass site today display the designation "Adobe Photoshop C3 Macintosh" when their file properties are examined. The images appear to be frames from the television ads that Microsoft will launch later today.

The images likely originated from the Crispin Porter + Bogusky ad agency that is responsible for the ad campaign.

Mac for win!
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shawn

"I'm a PC, but Mac's are cool too."

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jecrell

Macs for the lose!

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By calf_exercises

Ahahahah, I can just imagine Bill Gates sitting in his office on his mac.

"what are you working on bill?"

"ummm, oww you meen this? I was just.... seeing how crap they are, yeah, thats what Im doing"
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I love my PC(When it worked) but i love my iBook for that same reason(it still works!!!!)

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Gunner

The day when i can build a mac out of parts and play any game i want on them is the day ill get a mac. Until then ill stick with my PC.

also, everyone knows that macs are best when it comes to video editing and whatnot, there is nothing wrong with that.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
DuhQbnSiLo said:
"I love my PC(When it worked) but i love my iBook for that same reason(it still works!!!!)"
I have the same stuff. One PC and an iBook. :-)
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By insanejedi

I still don't understand why this site is built on a Mac. I think Mac's are dumb.... but then again Giant Bomb doesn't do PC games

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Absurd
Gunner said:
"The day when i can build a mac out of parts and play any game i want on them is the day ill get a mac. Until then ill stick with my PC.

also, everyone knows that macs are best when it comes to video editing and whatnot, there is nothing wrong with that."
Even then, I probably wouldn't get a Mac, Mostly because I dont like the interface
Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Keano

Macs are Trash

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jecrell
insanejedi said:
"I still don't understand why this site is built on a Mac. I think Mac's are dumb.... but then again Giant Bomb doesn't do PC games"
Spore and Warhammer are PC games.
DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By DoctorTran
Absurd said:
"Gunner said:
"The day when i can build a mac out of parts and play any game i want on them is the day ill get a mac. Until then ill stick with my PC.

also, everyone knows that macs are best when it comes to video editing and whatnot, there is nothing wrong with that."
Even then, I probably wouldn't get a Mac, Mostly because I dont like the interface"
I agree. The interface is crap as well is the whole set up. I much prefer the freedom of PC's.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emilio
insanejedi said:
"I still don't understand why this site is built on a Mac. I think Mac's are dumb.... but then again Giant Bomb doesn't do PC games"
Because most of the professional ad agencies or designers work on Macs. They work on Macs because the people before them worked on Macs, and the people before them worked on Macs and because most likely they were trained to work on Macs during art school.

A PC can do anything a Mac can do, and it can produce the same quality work, its just up to the individual.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shadow

yeah...macs can post images way better than pcs can post images.  Uber pwned.............

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By vidiot

At least these ads have some form of context versus the Seinfeld ads. Sadly, that context is still paper thin:

People own PC's. Wow. I had no idea.

I like how neither of these ad campaigns bother to even mention the gigantic billion pound elephant in the room that goes by the name: Vista. insanejedi said:

Contrary to popular belief, perception of things do not change or define objects that are palpable in the real world. For example, I think the gasoline is dumb, but sadly simply thinking that does not allow my vehicle to drive without it.

Giant Bomb does do PC games.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive

wow who is the bates butt sluggers who all gave this post some negative scores?! its definitely funny, whats bad about it?

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Gunner
TwoOneFive said:
"wow who is the bates butt sluggers who all gave this post some negative scores?! its definitely funny, whats bad about it?"
Yeah i hate how people get negative ratings for voicing their opinion.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
vidiot said:
"At least these ads have some form of context versus the Seinfeld ads. Sadly, that context is still paper thin:

I like how neither of these ad campaigns bother to even mention the gigantic billion pound elephant in the room that goes by the name: Vista. insanejedi said:
Contrary to popular belief, perception of things do not change or define objects that are palpable in the real world. For example, I think the gasoline is dumb, but sadly simply thinking that does not allow my vehicle to drive without it.

Giant Bomb does do PC games."
Vista is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be anymore. Sorry.
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By coakroach

PC has Eva Longoria
Mac is f***ed

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By StaticFalconar

Dude this is the first time MS has had an ad to counter the Mac stuff. It's been years since Macs have always badnamed PCs and PCs have always stood back and taken it.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Vaxadrin

MS doesn't really need an anti-Mac ad.  The kind of computer people that invest in their products already have enough base knowledge to discredit the Mac commercials.  Apple needs the anti-Windows ads because it works on the kind of audience they're catering to.

John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John

I'm a PC, and I web surf.
Never gave a shit about Macs. Never will.

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jecrell
Tarsier said:
"Jayge said:
"vidiot said:
"At least these ads have some form of context versus the Seinfeld ads. Sadly, that context is still paper thin:

Giant Bomb does do PC games."
Vista is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be anymore. Sorry."
Yes it is. Sorry."
No it isn't.
Also I like where this conversation is going.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Snail

Macs suck. I rtied to switch to a Mac, I can't... seriously.

Anyway your post is stupid. The company that published the campaign uses Macs.. So what it isn't Microsoft publishing it. It would be reatrded if Microsoft would go like "OMG they use Macs, lets go find another company Bill". -.-

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By Cube

Mac sucks. Shut up.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snail said:
"Macs suck. I rtied to switch to a Mac, I can't... seriously.

Anyway your post is stupid. The company that published the campaign uses Macs.. So what it isn't Microsoft publishing it. It would be reatrded if Microsoft would go like "OMG they use Macs, lets go find another company Bill". -.-"
I'm just commenting that is ironic that a company whos new ad campaign copys that of its rival is also using their computers to make the thing.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brukaoru

Macs for the win!

I find this to be quite funny.

Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thanatos465

Vista is awesome, its way overhyped on how bad it is

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By kush

Can't we all just get along!? Both PCs and Macs have their purpose...I enjoy both.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pibo47
Keano said:
"Macs are Trash"

Amen.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422

I don't find vista in anyway great...but its no worse than XP was from what I'm seeing now(just got my new PC 3 days ago and has vista) All the initial problems(at least for me) that people complained about I'm not experiencing at all...probably the service pack that cleared most of it up. But it isn't some PC breaking OS anymore or anything..I like MACs too for certain things, but obviously gaming isn't one of them.

Of course some are going to say Macs own and say it sucks...everyone here isn't the same but god...this has just turned into a dumb topic now.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By vidiot
Kush said:
"Can't we all just get along!? Both PCs and Macs have their purpose...I enjoy both."
Apparently, no. I thought I was in this camp, but apparently that style of thinking is not allowed here.
Were at war. Pick a side commie.

Tarsier
said:
"PCs are actually quite garbage in my opinion. I only have one because I like to play games. They are useless and irritating for anything else. Even games are a hassle because of all the countless problems that are always popping up. But I am getting out of this thread because there is too much "I hate this because I don't have it" stuff going on. ttyl doods."
You are not allowed to post any context for your argument. Didn't you see the above posts? People don't like PC's. End of discussion. :P
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jayge_
Tarsier said:
"PCs are actually quite garbage in my opinion. I only have one because I like to play games. They are useless and irritating for anything else. Even games are a hassle because of all the countless problems that are always popping up. But I am getting out of this thread because there is too much "I hate this because I don't have it" stuff going on. ttyl doods."
Yes, we all hate Macintosh because we are unable to procure them. No. Not only do I think that the Mac OS is bullshit, the entire corporation will never draw in a cent of my money. I hate it more than anything. Its entire business philosophies are repulsive to me.

And no, Vista is not nearly as bad as anyone says. Service Pack 1 fixed a lot of shit, it runs much better on computers now, it's not as expensive as XP (if you can FIND XP), and it's way prettier than OSX. It's also much more customizable, PCs are better for anything that the user isn't too stupid to get in depth with. Macs are designed for ease of use. PCs are designed for functionality. Nobody seems to get that.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RetroIce4

I heard Microsoft didn't make the ads. Some advertising agency did, and they probably *HAD* to use Mac's. A PC and MAC are the same. They are both PERSONAL COMPUTERS. It should say, "I am Windows..."

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Otacon

I think Vista is a great OS. About the Mac V Windows thing I have no preference, yes I prefer Windows but Apple make pretty good laptops.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Mac is essentially windows but stripped and comes with so cool apps.  The people who think macs are better typically dont know how to install software.  Macs are meant for those who have extremely low technical skills
just got vista (use to have a macbook) and i must say- vista rocks.  i dont see why people say its awful for the record, i think its rather good.  the only thing thats wrong with it is its a resource hog, but thats it.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Snail
Gorillawhat said:
"Snail said:
"Macs suck. I rtied to switch to a Mac, I can't... seriously.

Anyway your post is stupid. The company that published the campaign uses Macs.. So what it isn't Microsoft publishing it. It would be reatrded if Microsoft would go like "OMG they use Macs, lets go find another company Bill". -.-"
I'm just commenting that is ironic that a company whos new ad campaign copys that of its rival is also using their computers to make the thing."
Well, yeah I get your point, and I didn't mean to go like stupid, I just didn't remember 6the word pointless at the time. Anyway, it is a little ironic but maybe Microsoft never knew of this since it was a diferent company making the adds.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Snail

BTW Microsft has been making some pretty amazong adds, like that one with Gates and Seinfeld, and this one had Deepak Chopra and Eva Longoria.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead

As a total geek, even I am ashamed of the geeks who argue over Windows vs. OSX, so i'll stay out of it. However, I will say that the Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld adverts are hilarious, but won'tget me switching back to Vista any time soon.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HitNRun
Gunner said:

Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thanatos465

I like them both

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silverain
This says more about my thoughts here than anything I could say.
jaydough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jaydough

I've always had Windows since I was 2. I've never gotten the BSoD. I've never had to only use one mouse button. I've never had compatibility errors with games. I've never had to pay for a laptop that didn't have a cd-drive, had to use the cd-drive of a nearby computer to load the cd's, and costs $1,799, just so I could fit it into an envolope. Macs suck.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Black_Raven

To those people saying windows sucks and they keep getting errors simply don't know how to maintain a good installation of windows. There is a lot of good software out there for keeping your registry error free, also better memory management and better defrag software. I have had windows XP installed for awhile now and i can assure you it performs not only as well but better than it did when i first installed it. Also no errors whatsoever. PC vs Mac is a joke, which one is better or not is intirely opinion based.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Black_Raven
Tarsier said:
Lol yea get out before you need to describe these "problems"....
spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47  Edited By spiceninja

It's a bit ironic.

hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hair001

I will proberbly get a macbook when I buy a laptop (which will be soon). I think mac products are great, but I can't stand someof their users and the elitism and snobery that comes with it. There is no typical PC user, because nobody sees Windows as a social movement which some mac fans seem to think macs are ("are you in or out" style nonsense, part of the club crap). Nice ads

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By crunchUK

macs are full of fail

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Emilio
Tarsier said:
"Ugh. You guys are so ignorant."
I think you meat "Ugh. You guys are so cool for actually knowing how to run and maintain a Personal Computer. Us Mac users mostly buy the product for the brand and because we like to pretend like we know what we are doing!"

I kid, I kid.

Or do I?